First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-03-20 17:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

hehehe

Note: Video is not in English, but you can follow along easily enough with what's being discussed by watching the animations.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-20 17:25:45
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Regardless of exp/hr I'm happy to see people think outside the box and try new things. If I wanted mind numbing boredom for numbers flying by on a screen I'd be a stock broker. I like to have fun when I exp thank you.
 Hades.Hezzel
Server: Hades
user: hezzel
By Hades.Hezzel 2009-03-20 17:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/?q=item_sets&set_id=69036
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-20 17:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

*waiting for a thread named -Best DD gear for RDM in merit/exp pt situation-*
 Hades.Ganesha
user: Niopha
By Hades.Ganesha 2009-03-20 17:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just stop trying to make RDM adapt to melee. It will not happen. Just stop trying.

Yes you may have had 1 party where it worked gaining average exp at 20k/hr.. but it's not groundbreaking special.

If you subbed whm in that party and hasted the, 3? DD's your exp would have been even better.

The only time I see /DNC being useful for anything is for soloing, as any job... NIN/DNC can solo alot for example.RDM/DNC main healing MIGHT work...but RDM/WHM is much more efficient in a merit party.

Now go Haste your DDs and quit this melee rdm crap >.>
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-20 17:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Linliel said:
If you're going to DD, don't half arse it. If you're going to heal, don't half arse it. You're half arsing both of these things with this which just makes it silly.
The point of random exp pts is to make exp flow as fast as possible. This at least requires hasting your DDs. You can do much better than 20k/hr at birds. Probably by sitting back and hasting your DDs rather than poking away for maybe 200dmg WS with a joytoy :P

I play on PS3, do I have a parser? No. How'd I get that 20k/ hr figure? That was a quote from one of the pt members. Were we higher, were we lower? I don't trucking know? Again I don't have a exp parser.

Let me ask you something, why do you think we were low? I did write in my original post that we two hiccups. 1) We had to rep people and lost chain a few times because of the turnover. 2) We were killing faster than repops. I'd also offer two other reasons. 3) Our Bard could have pulled a lot better especially after the other party left the 3rd tier, we were in the middle. 4) It would have been nice if the COR was /whm so that he/she coulda woke me up when I got hit with a mimicked lullaby. With everyone /nin I was stuck ZZZ more than a few times.

If rates greater than 35K are norm for you. Have a cupcake. Enjoy it and leave me be, I'm sure the crack team you've assembled to hit those heights don't need me to tell you anything you already know.

I for one am happy with what I achieved, since I had a pug. I'm sure if I listed all the gear that the other people in the pt were using you'd have other things to nitpick on. Such is life.

Really everything I listed above as problematic is minor. They're all easily corrected. I suppose the next meripo I get can easily hit higher exp/hr levels and if I get closer to 35k/hr are people still going to find reasons to tear me down? What will it take SS of a parse I can't take? Meh... I'm not even going to bother with that, I'll just game on...
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-20 17:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice set but you're overstating the ACC. You don't need nearly as much as you think you do in order to build up TP for DS2 and CWLZ II. You still need to cast cures, so having MP gear is a must.
 Ramuh.Jackel
Server: Ramuh
user: Jackel
By Ramuh.Jackel 2009-03-20 17:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So Rdm/Dnc in THIS situation, with you not enfeebling, and not hasting...makes you more or less a Dnc/Nin?
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-20 17:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Jackel said:
So Rdm/Dnc in THIS situation, with you not enfeebling, and not hasting...makes you more or less a Dnc/Nin?

You don't ever enfeeb period at bird camp.... why would you even bring that up?
 Hades.Ganesha
By Hades.Ganesha 2009-03-20 17:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dia wru
 Ramuh.Jackel
Server: Ramuh
user: Jackel
By Ramuh.Jackel 2009-03-20 17:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

To drive home the point that in your situation, a Dnc/Nin would be a much more versatile job to use then Rdm/Dnc.

I'm aware your POINT is to show that Rdm/Dnc CAN work, I'm simply saying how it can work better.
 Garuda.Goldo
Server: Garuda
user: Goldo
By Garuda.Goldo 2009-03-20 17:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jackel said:

actually a proper dnc/nin would be giving them 10% delay reduction so I would take a dnc main over some retard rdm.
 Hades.Hezzel
user: hezzel
By Hades.Hezzel 2009-03-20 17:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:

Nice set but you're overstating the ACC. You don't need nearly as much as you think you do in order to build up TP for DS2 and CWLZ II. You still need to cast cures, so having MP gear is a must.

You are forgetting that you need more TP to use Steps more frequently as /DNC, so the ACC is well deserved in the slots that can carry it.

Malekith said:
BRD and COR can focus solely on pulls and melee buffs. In turn, the party becomes more efficient since there is no need to focus on refresh songs or rolls.

The lower EXP/HR compared to doing what is expected, says otherwise.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-20 17:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't use steps... One thing to understand this was my first time doing this. So there is certainly room for improvement. However our PT was DRG, COR, BRD, WAR, SAM and me. Everyone was /NIN. 5/6 people (save BRD who was pulling) were hitting the mob. At least 3/5 people WS'd with a SC finishing off the mob quickly. Seriously we're talking about Bhaffalu Birds here, they're flying water balloons with feathers. They don't last that long.

Harp on my exp quote all you want BUT I'm sure we were doing better than that and right now if I knew how much people were going to lock into the numbers, I really wish that I had a parser...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-20 17:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Play RDM in bird meripo and I'll laugh at you if you need to convert 1x. If you have atleast 800 MP you can main heal as RDM and be fine. Again if /mage for sub you WILL need ballad or evokers roll and you'll ALSO be healing for MP between cycle. Do that for 4 hrs or so in a meripo and you'll want to stab someone.

This was what I was referring to. You didn't directly say it, but you're implying it either way. If you WILL need ballad subbing a mage, what does /DNC do that means you don't need ballad?

"I can Waltz Stuff" won't cut it. Give some good reasons and I'll try it out.
 Hades.Ganesha
By Hades.Ganesha 2009-03-20 17:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No need to try and argue that this will be the new thing to do in party. It will only encourage idiot RDMs who're leveling to think it will work at lower levels too. Like all the RDM/NINs you see trying to find an exp party with 2 centurian swords saying they'll replace the WAR/NIN!

I think we can end this thread nicely with:

RDM/DNC can work for healing.

RDM/mage is much more efficient.(and you melee get Haste!)
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-20 17:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
This was what I was referring to. You didn't directly say it, but you're implying it either way. If you WILL need ballad subbing a mage, what does /DNC do that means you don't need ballad?"I can Waltz Stuff" won't cut it. Give some good reasons and I'll try it out.

Fine I'll write it for a 3rd time for you my dearest wooooodum.

IF a BRD or COR doesn't have to waste time casting ballad on the RDM then they can just pop up 4 melee songs and focus on pulls. There you have it.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-20 17:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:

IF a BRD or COR doesn't have to waste time casting ballad on the RDM then they can just pop up 4 melee songs and focus on pulls. There you have it.

But a good Bard does that anyway. What's your point?
 Hades.Ganesha
By Hades.Ganesha 2009-03-20 17:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Malekith said:

Good Bards can melee /nin and pull too! Now we can get 10k/hr guiz and it's much more fun!!!
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-20 18:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus, why is everyone so close-minded. He's just suggesting something that works and was fun, so if you don't want to try it, just don't. If you don't even had RDM leveled or are not on his server, then why even comment?

I merit on SAM/DNC, usually with friends, but sometimes not. Everyone looks at me like I'm high until they see it in action. Now I get regularly asked to come /DNC to all kinds of stuff where you would not expect it. Am I expecting that everyone should take from my page and merit on SAM/DNC? To be honest, more than half the SAM I've met are not capable of making it effective because of their mentality, style, gear, merits, etc.

I'm all in favor of people trying to find new ways to have fun and be effective, so if you don't like it, don't do it. It's really that simple.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-20 18:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:
Jesus, why is everyone so close-minded. He's just suggesting something that works and was fun, so if you don't want to try it, just don't. If you don't even had RDM leveled or are not on his server, then why even comment?

Because he posted and asked for opinion. Tough ***if he doesn't like / agree with it. All I am doing is asking so I understand the potential he sees in it, so that I might find a better way of playing my job.
 Hades.Ganesha
By Hades.Ganesha 2009-03-20 18:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:
If you don't even had RDM leveled or are not on his server, then why even comment?

Follow your own advice? lol

Aramina said:
I merit on SAM/DNC, usually with friends, but sometimes not. Everyone looks at me like I'm high until they see it in action. Now I get regularly asked to come /DNC to all kinds of stuff where you would not expect it. Am I expecting that everyone should take from my page and merit on SAM/DNC? To be honest, more than half the SAM I've met are not capable of making it effective because of their mentality, style, gear, merits, etc.

Run. Run away now before the SAMs flood in and eat you. Including me >.>
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-20 18:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ganesha said:
No need to try and argue that this will be the new thing to do in party. It will only encourage idiot RDMs who're leveling to think it will work at lower levels too. Like all the RDM/NINs you see trying to find an exp party with 2 centurian swords saying they'll replace the WAR/NIN!

LMAO if a RDM below 75 AND NOT at bird camp thinks they can pull it off I tip my had off to them. HOWEVER, I don't endorse the attempt. The thread title and OP is plainly clear. 75 RDM at Nyzul Bird camp meripo. That's the only place this has been verified to work and smoothly at that...

As for RDM/mage being more efficient... debateable. I did a trial run under suboptimal conditions and I performed better than I had any reason to expect. I listed 4 problems that the PT ran into that are easily remedied. So is there any reason to think that a better performance is out of reach? I don't think so...

As for closing this thread... shuffle on if you don't like the goods I'm selling. Stay in your traditional setup, in your sandbox, and I'll leave you alone.

I'm for hoping that others post their own experiences and/or suggest minor tweaks. As with anything in this game a certain degree of skill is needed to pull things off. I'll get that over time. The issue with haste that people keep harping on, there's no reason why I can't. I just didn't do it because I was focused on getting the hang of my new role in party. Can I haste, will I haste? In time perhaps, but what do you people expect? A flawless performance on my first go doing something new?

As Ganesha adeptly summed up RDM/DNC can main heal. It's just an alternate road that some can take. And if you can bring another attacker online that affords a little more tactical flexibility and that's never a bad thing....
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-20 18:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith, stop playing victim and acting so defensive. We're asking you to explain your choice and perhaps show us that it's worth a try. You're really not convincing me to give it a try by acting so defensive. If anything, it just makes me think you doubt your own methods and can't explain why it's worth a try, hence the defensive stance.

Nobody is flat out refusing to consider it, but so far you've done a terrible job at even convincing us to consider it. I'm asking questions for the answer so I can consider them, not because I'm poking fun. Really is no need to get so defensive over it.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-20 18:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Malekith said:

They're NOT WASTING TIME running over to wherever I'm sitting to make sure I have my ballad. I guess what they say is true... You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-20 18:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Again with the defensiveness, what the *** is wrong with you?
 Hades.Ganesha
By Hades.Ganesha 2009-03-20 18:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
LMAO if a RDM
Ganesha said:

LMAO if a RDM below 75 AND NOT at bird camp thinks they can pull it off I tip my had off to them. HOWEVER, I don't endorse the attempt. The thread title and OP is plainly clear. 75 RDM at Nyzul Bird camp meripo. That's the only place this has been verified to work and smoothly at that...

Reread my post? I said all it will do is encourage idiots to try it.

Malekith said:
As for RDM/mage being more efficient... debateable. I did a trial run under suboptimal conditions and I performed better than I had any reason to expect. I listed 4 problems that the PT ran into that are easily remedied. So is there any reason to think that a better performance is out of reach? I don't think so...

wat?

Malekith said:
As for closing this thread... shuffle on if you don't like the goods I'm selling. Stay in your traditional setup, in your sandbox, and I'll leave you alone.

I'm for hoping that others post their own experiences and/or suggest minor tweaks. As with anything in this game a certain degree of skill is needed to pull things off.

Can't help but laugh at the skill part D: And excuse me if i'm wrong but almost every reply to this thread has a suggesstion or tweak: DO NOT DO IT.

Malekith said:
I'll get that over time. The issue with haste that people keep harping on, there's no reason why I can't. I just didn't do it because I was focused on getting the hang of my new role in party. Can I haste, will I haste? In time perhaps, but what do you people expect? A flawless performance on my first go doing something new?

As Ganesha adeptly summed up RDM/DNC can main heal. It's just an alternate road that some can take. And if you can bring another attacker online that affords a little more tactical flexibility and that's never a bad thing....

Still don't understand what you're talking about honestly.

Why do something completely farfetched, when you can follow the normal routine and maintain a fast level of exp gain?

Yes maybe you can throw in Hastes while you melee /dnc but then you'll probably run into MP issues as i'm sure you'd be hasting yourself too? You'd be meleeing too so songs/rolls will be more annoying for the brd and cors..

Sorry if my reply made no sence to what you said but I truely can't understand your point, lol
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-20 18:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be one of those things that you really need to see to believe; no matter how well you explain it, it might not work on paper as well as it does in practice.

I haven't seen it done, so I can't say, but hell, if one of my friends wanted to try it, I'd say sure. I bet the first person to PLD/DNC with Merc. Sword got laughed at a lot too, but guess what... it works pretty well. Maybe he's on to something, and maybe he's not, but the thing is that he found a way to breakup the monotony of merit parties, and also a way to make pretty good exp while doing so.

That, in the end, seems to be the point. The games been around so long and jobs used in the same way for so long that when someone tries to do it a little different they get a sh*tstorm for it. I bet the first person to use NIN/PUP got laughed out of town, but if you talk to anyone who has actually used it quite a bit, it's not bad. God forbid someone do something for fun.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-20 18:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Malekith, stop playing victim and acting so defensive. We're asking you to explain your choice and perhaps show us that it's worth a try. You're really not convincing me to give it a try by acting so defensive. If anything, it just makes me think you doubt your own methods and can't explain why it's worth a try, hence the defensive stance.

Nobody is flat out refusing to consider it, but so far you've done a terrible job at even convincing us to consider it. I'm asking questions for the answer so I can consider them, not because I'm poking fun. Really is no need to get so defensive over it.

SRSLY Guyz SRSLY... I don't really see where you think I'm acting defensive and victim. ;>.>

LOL... I haven't lashed out, haven't called anyone names, said GTFO or STFU. Everyone offering criticisms is getting a reply in kind that they deserve. You thrust, I parry. You punch, I block.

Are you commenting as such because I'm sitting here replying as soon as I see someone post? Meh... I'm crafting, and have my laptop open. Me posting is not detracting from anything that requires real focus in game. If this was a chat, the flow of conversation would be a lot smoother. However it is not and we're left with what we have. People post. There's a delay. I post. Cycle repeats...

Abraham Lincoln once posited, "You can only please some of the people some of the time, you can not please all of the people all of the time."

Folks like yourself who claim I've failed to make my case are justifiably skeptical but you're also either dense or obstinate.

I wrote what I did and I stand by it. Some people saw the point I struck to make. Others didn't. I can't help that I can only write as well as I have. I thought I gave good enough reasons to try it out but I guess not. *shrug*
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-20 18:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they're questioning the efficiency of the combo in regards to it's uniqueness. People appreciate a unique combo when it is equally or more efficient, otherwise you invite a lot of "UR DOING IT WRONG"s when you suggest something less efficient.

Malekith said:
Folks like yourself who claim I've failed to make my case are justifiably skeptical but you're also either dense or obstinate.

Um, or they're just stating their own opinions based upon the points you've made? XD Insulting them doesn't really do you any good, mister ; ;
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7