Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-05 12:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Even one damage can be the difference between an x hit Stoneskin and an (x - 1) hit stoneskin.

can, yes. How often ? Do you take a constant 50 damage per hit ? Things to consider. It never changes anything pretty much. Also you can recast stoneskin earlier if you were clever enough to use haste gear on yourself. You never ever wait to take 17 hits before reapplying it either. I doubt you even cast stoneskin when kiting unless you abuse terrain in which case stoneskin discussion is pointless anyway.

How often does 1% Haste "save you a hit"? etc.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-05 12:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Even one damage can be the difference between an x hit Stoneskin and an (x - 1) hit stoneskin.
can, yes. How often ? Do you take a constant 50 damage per hit ? Things to consider. It never changes anything pretty much. Also you can recast stoneskin earlier if you were clever enough to use haste gear on yourself. You never ever wait to take 17 hits before reapplying it either. I doubt you even cast stoneskin when kiting unless you abuse terrain in which case stoneskin discussion is pointless anyway.

He explained this earlier! 1% haste increases DPS. 1% PDT, doesn't do anything.

Damage you to do enemies is something real.
Damage enemies do to you is a fabrication.

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Sorry I fail to see the logic. 2% haste when stack has a huge impact on dps, mdt does not. You are dumb.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-05 12:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

To make it clear, we deal in probabilities. When we add a stat, assuming we are not running a mathematically ideal simulation in a vacuum, we are introducing a probability that it'll make a real difference.

For instance, when we add 1% accuracy (accuracy uncapped), we are introducing the probability that it will make us land a swing we otherwise would not land a fight in a given interval. When we add 30 Attack, we introduce the probability that it will make us kill something faster. It may not. Etc etc with all stats.

The idea is, over time we choose the stat with the greatest returns and the highest probability of affecting something. PDT won't always help, and sometimes it will help a lot. It is no different to any other stat in this respect.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 12:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Quote:
When you take 0 damage and aren't knocked back,
wrong
lol.. I don't even.. Granted this is a reading comprehension problem, I really wonder if you're that stupid or if you're just putting it on. I simply can't imagine.
It doesn't stop knock back, period. Go do the fey weapon NM in grauberg then come back to me.
Fey weapon... man now I know you are trolling or are still back in 2009

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-05 12:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I saw that too. I wonder why he had that -1 inventory space piece instead of Goliard Clogs or Morrigan's Pigaches.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2011-01-05 13:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Something REALLY funny now, Pchan was using some useless -2% PDT feet on his profile.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-05 13:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
wrong
Apparently what Pimpchan saw was:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
When you take 0 damage you aren't knocked back,
You might want to pay closer attention yourself Pimpchan >.>
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 13:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Hi retard 1% haste always let's you kill 1% faster.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 13:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
-1 damage taken is extremely useful if it brings the total to 0 damage taken.

1 or zero no difference, you are invicible

Quote:

wrong

Quote:

you can cast a spell with garaunteed completion.
you don't cast in pdt

Quote:

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Quote:

wrong

lol.. I don't even..

Granted this is a reading comprehension problem, I really wonder if you're that stupid or if you're just putting it on. I simply can't imagine.
It doesn't stop knock back, period. Go do the fey weapon NM in grauberg then come back to me.
English is hard.

Also, yes you cast in PDT set in some situations (Cleave pulling, oh wait something Pchan never witnessed again)

Something REALLY funny now, Pchan was using some useless -2% PDT feet on his profile.

Used for supertanking, not idle.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2011-01-05 14:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Because he was supertanking when he logged out. Makes sense to me.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-05 14:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Over a period of time, most definitely! Per fight, not necessarily.

Quote:
Stop being butthurt that some *** has a different opinion and is arguing with you. Be mad less please,and just realize he is an idiot most of the time.

Do we want random abrasive *** on the forum?! When you get banned from BG of all places (or so the stereotype goes) for being an ***, you might think something.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 14:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Over a period of time, most definitely! Per fight, not necessarily.

always
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-05 14:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Do weaponskills not exist for you?
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 14:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

what ? 1% haste is 1% delay so unless you swing a single time, it always has an effect.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-05 15:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

what ? 1% damage taken is 1% reduced damage taken so unless you never get hit a single time, it always has an effect.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-05 15:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Theoretical situation which is not at all uncommon:

2 Melees swing at a mob. Mob has 2000 HP. Melee one does 200 damage a hit with 500 delay. Melee two does 100 damage a hit with 200 delay.

However, melee two is also going to unload a 1500 damage WS after 3 hits.

At 600 delay, total damage dealt is 500 and melee two WSs to finish it off. Assuming split second WS reactions the total death time is 600 delay, or 10 seconds.

Now let's say melee one has 10% more Haste => Delay reduces to 450. The death time is exactly the same. On the surface this may look like a logical fallacy since I didn't add it to both, but you are only adding stats individually to your own character. Other characters are static.

But you're only swinging one time, so Haste can't take full advantage! You may say. If a weaponskill is going to overkill a mob, which it may, and it occurs at the same time, then it doesn't matter if you have Haste or not.

There are many other limited examples like this which show that adding Haste won't always change anything to one individual, but of course on the whole it is very, very good. It does not always have an effect in a real situation, though it does most of the time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 15:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this argument long ago with the retard called failure, and I won. Even if you math the thing with 2 melee, on average it always lowers the killing speed. So yes I am right. Insert 95% accuracy in your lolmath, then come back to me.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Albelnox
user: Thoman1
By Caitsith.Albelnox 2011-01-05 15:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
I had this argument long ago with the ratrd called failure, and I won. Even if you math the thing with 2 melee, on average it always lowers the killing speed. So yes I am right. Insert 95% accuracy in your lolmath, then come back to me.

when this makes sense... the world may end as we know it...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 16:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
what ? 1% damage taken is 1% reduced damage taken so unless you never get hit a single time, it always has an effect.

It always has an effect that has no outcome on what you fight. Also interesting how the debate went from pdt to haste, since you finally realise I'm right on 2% pdt being useless.

More on haste : low amount of haste are all the more useless that you stack melee on a mob since there is too much down time compared to killing speed.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-05 16:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol mage jobs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 16:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think everyone just gave up on you Pchan. You've shown just how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE you are. Weren't you banned from BG for this kind of stupidity?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-05 17:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I think everyone just gave up on you Pchan. You've shown just how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE you are. Weren't you banned from BG for this kind of stupidity?
he's a -chan person, you can't expect him to be smart.
doods referring themselvs as chans just demands disapproval.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-05 17:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

This. I already provided all of the examples you asked for. You're ridiculously obstinate.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7