Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-04 09:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

of course you don't because MNk exists nubs.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-04 09:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
also monsters don't hit for above 200 dmg, never, PDT doesn't stack above 16% either)
soon you will explain us than 2% pdt is awsome because it means 50% pdt ? Nope, 2% pdt is 2% the fact that you have pdt in other slots does nothing for you earring ; it sucks.
Do the math. While 2% will stop the same amount of dmg regardless of how much you have the percentage decrease in dmg goes up. Which matters a bit. Also phalanx makes it even more progressively better.

[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-04 14:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
also monsters don't hit for above 200 dmg, never, PDT doesn't stack above 16% either)
soon you will explain us than 2% pdt is awsome because it means 50% pdt ? Nope, 2% pdt is 2% the fact that you have pdt in other slots does nothing for you earring ; it sucks.
Do the math. While 2% will stop the same amount of dmg regardless of how much you have the percentage decrease in dmg goes up. Which matters a bit. Also phalanx makes it even more progressively better.

You are an idiot, the percentage doesn't show that 2% pdt is more useful when stacked than unstacked. It's always the same damage reduction. 0/10.

Phalanx doesn't make it better in any way shape or form. If you manage to make a mob hit you for zero chances are the mob you fight is easy as *** in the first place. Getting hit for zero or 1, who the *** cares ? Seriously.

Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-04 14:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shut up.
[+]
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-01-04 14:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I use this for idle on SCH. depending on what i'm doing i'll use Herald's gaiters, Tatsumaki have -4% PDT augment on them. Ya Goblin Coif just because.. i usually use af1 hat for sublimation, but sublimation and idle are two different things soooo yea.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-04 15:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-04 16:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

You are an idiot, the percentage doesn't show that 2% pdt is more useful when stacked than unstacked. It's always the same damage reduction. 0/10.

Phalanx doesn't make it better in any way shape or form. If you manage to make a mob hit you for zero chances are the mob you fight is easy as *** in the first place. Getting hit for zero or 1, who the *** cares ? Seriously.

So since 2% PDT doesnt mitigate that much dmg, we shouldn't bother stacking PDT. Just like haste, 1-2% haste doesn't make a ground breaking difference so people should stop stacking haste.

You are a genius.

Sorry I fail to see the logic. 2% haste when stack has a huge impact on dps, mdt does not. You are dumb.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-01-04 16:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

@Pchan I think it's time to go 1940 on us and surrender.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-04 16:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So wait, taking less damage, is a bad thing?
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-04 16:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Means you don't get to cure for epeen numbers as often.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-04 17:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ya but you suck *** at ffxi spicy

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-01-04 18:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This is kinda one of the reasons that I like spellcast so much. You can set up groups or variables for various situations to best suit your current need.

While I prefer to idle in all my refresh(sans augmented legs because I prefer my movement speed on if I'm not casting something) followed by reduction gear, there are times that I'd rather be using a different set. When I use to kite kirin back at 75 I used mdt followed by mdb and then filled in extra spots with wind resist which is certainly not the norm but using something like spellcast you can flip this very easily and set up for whatever you may need at the time.

If you are pinning something and have no chance of getting hurt cept by things you can easily macro gear in for then there is no reason to idle in pdt or mdt but there is absolutely no use for HP that goes above what you would have during any action you do often.

For example if your bio and poison macros drop your hp to 1,000 when you idle in 1,200 then that 200 hp will be doing pretty much nothing a good amount of the time so it would be better to idle in PDT because atleast if you did get hit there would be some use. Max hp only means something when your current hp = max hp or when enmity loss from damage is an issue. For every other situation it's just wasteful.

This is one of the main reasons why I think Pluviale is not worth having over any other refresh body particularly now that we have emp body +2. That 100 hp and mp is not going to get used cept under prebuff and convert and even then you will just loose anything you don't use instantly.

Another argument against idling in hp gear is the possibility of blood aggro. If you have any spellcasting set that has low hp it will reduce your max hp and then your idle set will boost you back up. If the disparity is large enough you could go yellow and start aggroing undead.

With that in mind and previous reasons of space being a concern, why the *** would anyone carry around hp gear to idle in... I dunno about you but I have plenty of more useful gear to replace that useless ***with.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-01-04 18:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I idle in Metanoia and Jelly, but any combination of HP or PDT seems to work for some people.

Earrings, MP, HP< Converts damage to MP, PDT, MDT, really anything that benefits you when you're kiting, works.

I use Loquacious and Ethereal.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-01-04 18:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
I idle in Metanoia and Jelly, but any combination of HP or PDT seems to work for some people.

Earrings, MP, HP< Converts damage to MP, PDT, MDT, really anything that benefits you when you're kiting, works.

I use Loquacious and Ethereal.

Why a metanoia? Enm - does nothing when in idle gear and the - stats just increase the damage you take from int and mnd based spells, granted it's a tiny amount.
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-04 19:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
When I use to kite kirin back at 75 I used mdt followed by mdb and then filled in extra spots with wind resist

Wind resist does nothing on Kirin.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-01-04 19:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
When I use to kite kirin back at 75 I used mdt followed by mdb and then filled in extra spots with wind resist

Wind resist does nothing on Kirin.
Great Whirlwind: Conal Wind damage and Choke. This was the only tp attack he had that while kiting you couldn't bork constantly by stopping for a second and then keep running. It is wind based and wind resist helps. All spells aside from rasp are avoidable by running out of range or if you get bound just tossing on earth resist.
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-04 20:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough. Been years since I had to kite Kirin and the only TP move I even remember is Deadly Hold because of a pretty amusing situation with a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE NIN.

I can never be assed to carry resist sets unless it's something like Ouryu.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 01:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
When I use to kite kirin back at 75 I used mdt followed by mdb and then filled in extra spots with wind resist which is certainly not the norm but using something like spellcast you can flip this very easily and set up for whatever you may need at the time..

How can you kite kirin and get hit, idk...

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 02:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Or learn2kite, no reason to go in a corner no reason to hit a single spell.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Aebish
user: aeb
By Sylph.Aebish 2011-01-05 02:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they give us auto-refresh pants?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7