Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 06:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Or learn2kite, no reason to go in a corner no reason to hit a single spell.

Depends when you are making the turn around the pillar you *** perfectionist. No matter what he will hit you once with great whirlwind one time during some kite at some point somewhere somehow someway at some spot in that room, somewhere.
Hey, wait a second, you don't even play this game!

No, suck less.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-05 07:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If it never catches you or is never able to cast or use an ability on you, wouldn't it just deaggro?
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 10:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

facepalms. You cast 5 sleep2 5 dispel while the rest kill the weaklings and then run around.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-05 10:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
facepalms. You cast 5 sleep2 5 dispel while the rest kill the weaklings and then run around.
Pimp... if you have been keeping up with this game's updates you'd know that SE nerfed how much hate those spells give now.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 10:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Facepalm kiting kirin is stupid and dispel/sleep2 gives 1 CE.
Now now give him a break. His rdm is still only 76 so he clearly hasn't actually played in awhile and hasn't caught onto any of the updates in the last year or so
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-05 10:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Now now give him a break. His rdm is still only 76 so he clearly hasn't actually played in awhile and hasn't caught onto any of the updates in the last year or so
Why should we give him a break? Anyone who acts like they know everything shouldn't get breaks when they show ignorance.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 10:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Why should we give him a break? Anyone who acts like they know everything shouldn't get breaks when they show ignorance.
Oh I must've forgot the sarcasm tags :)
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-05 10:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Oh I must've forgot the sarcasm tags :)
Nah I just suck at detecting it... plus it's harder to see it on the internet.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-05 10:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

He quit the game because Imperial Wootz Ingots are now 50k a piece and he can't be an elitist about salvage gear anymore. The only event he had going for him.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-05 10:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
He quit the game because Imperial Wootz Ingots are now 50k a piece and he can't be an elitist about salvage gear anymore. The only event he had going for him.
I just wish he would move on and stop trolling the threads (its clear to me that he thinks this game is crap now). It's like he thinks deep in his heart that if he trolls/complains about this game enough times SE will change everything to suit him and then he can come back.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 10:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
also monsters don't hit for above 200 dmg, never, PDT doesn't stack above 16% either)
soon you will explain us than 2% pdt is awsome because it means 50% pdt ? Nope, 2% pdt is 2% the fact that you have pdt in other slots does nothing for you earring ; it sucks.
Do the math. While 2% will stop the same amount of dmg regardless of how much you have the percentage decrease in dmg goes up. Which matters a bit. Also phalanx makes it even more progressively better.
You are an idiot, the percentage doesn't show that 2% pdt is more useful when stacked than unstacked. It's always the same damage reduction. 0/10.

Phalanx doesn't make it better in any way shape or form. If you manage to make a mob hit you for zero chances are the mob you fight is easy as *** in the first place. Getting hit for zero or 1, who the *** cares ? Seriously.
Clearly you can't do the math. So I'll do it for you.

0-2% will take say a 100 dmg hit from 100 to 98. Or 2% dmg reduction.

48-50% will take that same 100 dmg hit from 52 to 50. Or a 3.8% dmg reduction.

Now let's add a 30 phalanx into that. 0-2% from that 100 hit dmg would go from 70 to 68. Or 2.8% dmg reduction

48-50% from that 100 hit dmg would go from 22 to 20. Or 9% dmg reduction
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 11:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

Lol what. The pimpness of salvage doesn't come from gathering 24 ingots.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 11:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Pimp... if you have been keeping up with this game's updates you'd know that SE nerfed how much hate those spells give now.

Try reading the discussion, thank you. This about level 75, no reason to kite kirin any more.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 11:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
also monsters don't hit for above 200 dmg, never, PDT doesn't stack above 16% either)
soon you will explain us than 2% pdt is awsome because it means 50% pdt ? Nope, 2% pdt is 2% the fact that you have pdt in other slots does nothing for you earring ; it sucks.
Do the math. While 2% will stop the same amount of dmg regardless of how much you have the percentage decrease in dmg goes up. Which matters a bit. Also phalanx makes it even more progressively better.
You are an idiot, the percentage doesn't show that 2% pdt is more useful when stacked than unstacked. It's always the same damage reduction. 0/10.

Phalanx doesn't make it better in any way shape or form. If you manage to make a mob hit you for zero chances are the mob you fight is easy as *** in the first place. Getting hit for zero or 1, who the *** cares ? Seriously.
Clearly you can't do the math. So I'll do it for you.

0-2% will take say a 100 dmg hit from 100 to 98. Or 2% dmg reduction.

48-50% will take that same 100 dmg hit from 52 to 50. Or a 3.8% dmg reduction.

Now let's add a 30 phalanx into that. 0-2% from that 100 hit dmg would go from 70 to 68. Or 2.8% dmg reduction

48-50% from that 100 hit dmg would go from 22 to 20. Or 9% dmg reduction

I'll tell you this for the second time. Nowhere did I say the last 2% PDT doesn't same more % damage. I said it saves always the same amount of HP. The problem with idiots like you trying to do math (when they have no clue what they are talking about) is that they play with number and try to use *semantic* to convince us that x is better than y.

To summerize

- going from 2 damage taken to 1 damage taken is indeed -50% damage taken.

- it's also still a *** -1 damage taken, ans a such, is useless.

Come on everyone and their gimp sister have 2k HP, multiple regen option and what not. WTF would you care about taking 10 less HPs ? Hell even 50 HP wut. /toss useless earring and more magian staves farming gimps.

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 11:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you mean you said what I said the first time and called me an idiot?

Reading comprehension where?

And amount matters less than percentage on 99.9% of this game.

+100 dmg is awesome on a melee hit but POS on a ws for example.

Come back when you actually play the game
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-05 12:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

-1 damage taken is extremely useful if it brings the total to 0 damage taken.

When you take 0 damage and aren't knocked back, you can cast a spell with garaunteed completion. Reducing 200 damage to 100 damage, and further more 70 damage with Phalanx. Your stoneskin can withstand 5 attacks as opposed to 2 attacks.

Now, let's say a 50 damage attacker is riding you balls deep. Without PDT and only Phalanx, you can only take 17 attacks before your stoneskin will wear. Whereas with 50% PDT, you take 0 damage meaning your stoneskin will last the entire duration barring critical hits. You can have an infinite number of those monsters on you as well, and would never get a spell interrupt.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-05 12:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

We should all send mods PMs to ban him already.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 12:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Oh you mean you said what I said the first time and called me an idiot?

Reading comprehension where?

And amount matters less than percentage on 99.9% of this game.

+100 dmg is awesome on a melee hit but POS on a ws for example.

Come back when you actually play the game

it's not +100 dmg we are talking about it's -1 dmg TAKEN. Stop being dumb.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 12:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an anology stop being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

But sure. -1 dmg from 1 takes you from whatever the mob was going to deal over time which could be who knows how much to 0 no matter what. HUGE difference. Anyone who knows anything about this game knows that the percentage change is always more important than the amount when talking about almost anything in this game. Especially dmg
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 12:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
-1 damage taken is extremely useful if it brings the total to 0 damage taken.

1 or zero no difference, you are invicible

Quote:

When you take 0 damage and aren't knocked back,
wrong

Quote:

you can cast a spell with garaunteed completion.
you don't cast in pdt

Quote:

Reducing 200 damage to 100 damage, and further more 70 damage with Phalanx. Your stoneskin can withstand 5 attacks as opposed to 2 attacks.

Again trying to convince us that a 2% pdt gear is cutting the damage by 100...

Quote:

Now, let's say a 50 damage attacker is riding you balls deep. Without PDT and only Phalanx, you can only take 17 attacks before your stoneskin will wear. Whereas with 50% PDT, you take 0 damage meaning your stoneskin will last the entire duration barring critical hits. You can have an infinite number of those monsters on you as well, and would never get a spell interrupt.

Is this where you me where the 2% pdt earring changes the number of hits that stoneskin can absorb ¿ It doesn't, thanks for confirming the usefulness.

Also it's interesting how you went from NMs with physical TP moves to supetanking an infinite number of mobs, because yes, that's only usefull in this situation pretty much.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-05 12:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Even one damage can be the difference between an x hit Stoneskin and an (x - 1) hit stoneskin.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-05 12:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Quote:

wrong

lol.. I don't even..

Granted this is a reading comprehension problem, I really wonder if you're that stupid or if you're just putting it on. I simply can't imagine.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 12:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Even one damage can be the difference between an x hit Stoneskin and an (x - 1) hit stoneskin.

can, yes. How often ? Do you take a constant 50 damage per hit ? Things to consider. It never changes anything pretty much. Also you can recast stoneskin earlier if you were clever enough to use haste gear on yourself. You never ever wait to take 17 hits before reapplying it either. I doubt you even cast stoneskin when kiting unless you abuse terrain in which case stoneskin discussion is pointless anyway.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-05 12:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Quote:

wrong

lol.. I don't even..

Granted this is a reading comprehension problem, I really wonder if you're that stupid or if you're just putting it on. I simply can't imagine.

It doesn't stop knock back, period. Go do the fey weapon NM in grauberg then come back to me.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-05 12:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Little Pimpchan is out of the loop
He must be crying because he can't abuse dupes
Everything he says is pretty much wrong
Which has inspired me to make this wonderful song.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7