Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-02 17:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Idling is for idiots

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
-mdt is the worst magic protection I can think of, after mdb.

If this site allowed sigs, these would be the quotes I'd put in one.

[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-02 17:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right. We should instead only be doing Salvage and nothing else; such is the measure of a good RDM!

ps: you were never good at rdm and you're not good at it now
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-02 17:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

BUT HE HAD AN ALKALUROPS!
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-02 18:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
You're right. We should instead only be doing Salvage and nothing else; such is the measure of a good RDM!

Are you still obsessed with an 4 years old event lol. So much umadness.

Ps : I was the best rdm.
Pps : idle set were invented by a salvage cheater so bored at fafnir that he started to think about the best afk set. The truth is it's useless 100% of the time now while at 75 it was usefull once every new moon to dumb ls like yours that had wannabe elites rdm tank pussies in an attempt to show that they understood the enmity equations, when in reality they fail at reading them since they show pup tanks better than rdm.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-02 18:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

Guess who was obsessed with Salvage out of you and I?

Quote:

I wasn't aware there were no other RDMs playing.

Quote:
Pps : idle set were invented by a salvage cheater so bored at fafnir that he started to think about the best afk set. The truth is it's useless 100% of the time now while at 75 it was usefull once every new moon to dumb ls like yours that had wannabe elites rdm tank pussies in an attempt to show that they understood the enmity equations, when in reality they fail at reading them since they show pup tanks better than rdm.

Tanking is a combination of survivability and hate generation combined with damage. I'll let you take it from there.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-02 18:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-01-02 18:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Holy ***, are you serious or just a hardcore troll? I'm starting to wonder..

Ps:
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-03 00:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Tanking is a combination of survivability and hate generation combined with damage. I'll let you take it from there.

Haha. No, tanking is all this at the same time. Keep your -2% pdt rings/earring that save you 20 HPs once every new moon when a mob decides to hit you for 1k physical damage, and -4 HPs when the mobs hits for 200 or less (Tiamat at 75). Completely useless. You know, invo -1, macro -1, etc. Shiny stats syndrome. But if you think they are useful, prove it.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2011-01-03 01:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: We learn to stack things.

[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
Server: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-03 01:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

HP is an abbreviation for hit points, which is already plural. There's no need for an S at the end of the acronym.

Combination also tends to mean the joining or unison of multiple things or ideas at the same time, or several things working concurrently, which is what he said tanking is and what you said tanking was, so I'm not really sure what you're chirping at Raenryong for.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-03 10:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Haha. No, tanking is all this at the same time. Keep your -2% pdt rings/earring that save you 20 HPs once every new moon when a mob decides to hit you for 1k physical damage, and -4 HPs when the mobs hits for 200 or less (Tiamat at 75). Completely useless. You know, invo -1, macro -1, etc. Shiny stats syndrome. But if you think they are useful, prove it.
itt: we fulltime -dt gear
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-03 13:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

itt retards unable to give an concrete exemple of why a 2% pdt ring is usefull.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-03 13:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not, there's better PDT rings.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-03 14:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

Actually I didn't think it was necessary, but since you insist;

How much damage reduction does Stoneskin grant when it is up? 100%. A RDM using PDT gear is able to keep Stoneskin up x% more than a RDM without. 2% PDT can be the difference between a Stoneskin being eaten in 2 hits and a Stoneskin being eaten in 1 hit, for instance - a large decrease in survivability (and also why Umbra > Shadow Mantle normally for Stoneskin jobs: Stoneskin's power lies in its consistency).

Now I know you'll probably mention Spell Interrupt etc here; firstly, it is much harder to do these days and secondly you still take more damage while using it.

Furthermore, PDT has applications for supertanking (I used to pull Einherjar RDM/BLU and have half a room or above on me at any given time) and eating TP moves. HP gear and curing yourself both requires an expenditure of resources (MP) and time - something which you don't always have with a pissed off mob beating on you. Furthermore, you have to be within reach of max HP for it to be useful (and potentially sacrificing potency gear on other spells to maintain your HP).

tl;dr: I don't know why I'm even bothering to explain this. PDT and MDT have both saved my life countless, countless times. I consider them essential sets for anyone who doesn't just throw bodies at stuff.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-03 14:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

PDT earrings -2% each, -6% PDT rings = -16% PDT.

Nearly as useful as earth staff or PDT shamshir / Genbu's shield.

But yeah we know PDT is useless just like MDT right?

Correct.

-16%, assuming you have all them (you don't) saves you ~32 HP everytime you could macro hit on regular melee hit and maybe 60 on abilities. Completely useless. 60 HP is nothing. Inventory -4 is better, especially considering that you *will* have sacrificed some more usefull stuff, not necessarily earrings/rings.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-03 14:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
PDT earrings -2% each, -6% PDT rings = -16% PDT. Nearly as useful as earth staff or PDT shamshir / Genbu's shield. But yeah we know PDT is useless just like MDT right?
Correct. -16%, assuming you have all them (you don't) saves you ~32 HP everytime you could macro hit on regular melee hit and maybe 60 on abilities. Completely useless. 60 HP is nothing. Inventory -4 is better, especially considering that you *will* have sacrificed some more usefull stuff, not necessarily earrings/rings.

Keep in mind that if you reduce damage enough to reach Phalanx's damage reduction you can effectively reduce damage to 0.

A fast attacking mob that hits for 50 damage > 50% reduction > 25 damage > Phalanx > 0 damage. Very nice for MNK type monsters that do just that; attack fast for generally low numbers.

On larger hits, the damage reduction is more noticeable of course, 200 damage attack reduced to 100 damage. ~25 from phalanx to make it 75 damage taken. With stoneskin up, you can take several hits at 0 damage. Possibly even 0 damage until you're ready to cast stoneskin again. 29 MP vs. 88 MP for Cure IV spam.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-03 15:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I will say that ele-resist gear and stats are pretty awesome though. I used to think it was a broken stat(ie. useless), but you can really drop some damage with it. Noteworthy fights would be Tiamat, Wyrm, and that Krabtokoa.

I'd be interested to see someone with a resist ice/paralyze build, because that is by far my most hated enfeeble when used against me. Be interested to hear if people have had good results with a build like that as well.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-03 16:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
You improved your trolling a little with this last post, thanks I was very disapointed Pchan.

(You are a genius for mentionning you need ele resist gear for every elements and complaining about inv -4, also monsters don't hit for above 200 dmg, never, PDT doesn't stack above 16% either)

Indeed they are worth it because a good ele resist set prevents 95% of the damage, and you don't really need to cap meva for this since you also have shell, so in practice max ele set is zero damage.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-03 16:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
also monsters don't hit for above 200 dmg, never, PDT doesn't stack above 16% either)

soon you will explain us than 2% pdt is awsome because it means 50% pdt ? Nope, 2% pdt is 2% the fact that you have pdt in other slots does nothing for you earring ; it sucks.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2011-01-03 16:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

best rdm lol what did you do? solo faust? noone gives a ***cause youre a giant (unrightfully) pretentious douche, is your life really so meaningless you still have to pretend people cared about you on a videogame you no longer play
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-03 16:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

my *** just got soft all of a sudden from them there posts by that chan guy
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-03 17:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
also monsters don't hit for above 200 dmg, never, PDT doesn't stack above 16% either)

soon you will explain us than 2% pdt is awsome because it means 50% pdt ? Nope, 2% pdt is 2% the fact that you have pdt in other slots does nothing for you earring ; it sucks.
Is this logic why you think BRD sucks?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-03 17:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said:
best rdm lol what did you do? solo faust?

I don't think he ever did that.

Pretty much salvage and ashu talif onry.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-03 17:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

best rdm lol what did you do? solo faust? noone gives a ***cause youre a giant (unrightfully) pretentious douche, is your life really so meaningless you still have to pretend people cared about you on a videogame you no longer play

Almost forgot what the *** this NM is, as I didn't go in sky since like 2005. I don't give a ***if people care about me on videogames, almost noone knew me on my servers.
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-03 17:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

salvage was hard yo, props to pchan
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-03 17:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Is this logic why you think BRD sucks?

Is this when you finally explain me on what NM this earring doesn't suck ?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7