Idle set - rings and earrings
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Cerberus.Stalkster
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2010-12-26 13:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saying how small it is in idle gear, -5pdt% is not gonna make or break you. Especially with pro/shell/stoneskin etc on. I would personally rather have 90more HP unbuffed/running around then -5%pdt, whats -5%pdt going to do vs. magic? So it can be beneficial either way. I would not go and call it "pretty dumb".
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-26 13:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Idle gear I'd assume would change a bit depending on your situation.

If by Idle your situation means "You're pretty much the Enfeeble/Cure *** so you're in no immediate danger", you'd want to focus on Regen/Refresh/etc to keep up your HP/MP.

if by idle you mean "Duoing/Trioing you might take damage you might not" it should be a mix of Regen/Refresh/DT. Of course that might be considered a "kiting" set...

Truthfully If my idle gear in my LS events and my Idle gear duo/trio varies pretty heftily, I'd imagine if you were more party oriented and never in any risk of taking damage, Bloom Buckler would be a good idle piece of Earth staff.

Orochi Nodawa over Twilight, etc.

Depends on your immediate threats, if you're idle with no risk of getting harmed, Regen/Refresh/hp/mp/etc all the way, If you're idle with even slightest risk of damage, a good blend of Regen/refresh/DT might be ideal.

[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
Server: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-12-26 14:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stalkster said:
Just saying how small it is in idle gear, -5pdt% is not gonna make or break you. Especially with pro/shell/stoneskin etc on. I would personally rather have 90more HP unbuffed/running around then -5%pdt, whats -5%pdt going to do vs. magic? So it can be beneficial either way. I would not go and call it "pretty dumb".

Magic is what my MDT macro is for, and that 5% saves me a lot more HP than a ring with extra HP that I'll never have filled because I'm not a retard that cures himself after ever spell, which is the only way to make your superfluous HP matter. It's pretty dumb to idle in something that doesn't matter.

I'm noticing a trend with the Apocs who post here.

EDIT: If you're in no danger of taking damage what good is Regen going to do you?
 Sylph.Starstrukk
user: Xera
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2010-12-26 14:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: nvm beat! lulz
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-26 15:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine:

Improvements:

- Twilight Torque
- 2% PDT earring (currently 1%)
- Dark Rings
- Belt which does something, Lycopodium etc. Just wasn't giving up an inv space for pure MP belt.
- Grip which does something (is there one)?
 Cerberus.Stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2010-12-26 15:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Cerberus.Stalkster said:

Magic is what my MDT macro is for, and that 5% saves me a lot more HP than a ring with extra HP that I'll never have filled because I'm not a retard that cures himself after ever spell, which is the only way to make your superfluous HP matter. It's pretty dumb to idle in something that doesn't matter.

EDIT: If you're in no danger of taking damage what good is Regen going to do you?

Really learn to read. I said how 3sets are used on macros, K so that regen gear that you wear dose nothing when your -idle-? My point is the 90hp is better then -5%pdt or even -5%mdt when -idle- no buffs(hence running around which would put you at full hp).

"If you're in no danger of taking damage what good is Regen going to do you?" In that case whats -pdt going to do for you? Gratz on looking "pretty dumb".
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-26 15:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No you are just wrong... and if you have time to idle for 45-90 tics... you need to evaluate what you are doing and the need for any gear. Also if you are in situations where you plan to take enough dmg that you care about what your idle set has and are running around completely unbuffed on rdm... again you might want to rethink wtf you are doing

Also you are the one that looks dumb. He was pointing out that the only time regen would be useful pdt would also be useful... and since it will pretty much always save you more than it would be more useful.

Besides I think you underestimate just how big of a difference 5 pdt can make. Let's say you had 40ish without that neck. And you would be taking 100 base dmg dmg and say have phalanx up. So without the neck you would be taking 30 with it you would take 25. That's 2 more hits from stoneskin.

Could also easily mean the difference between living in dying on some high dmging enemies.

Not to mention you are using 2 slots to accomplish this. Your +hp and your regen... so it's really more like comparing to 10 pdt
 Sylph.Starstrukk
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2010-12-26 15:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stalkster said:
"If you're in no danger of taking damage what good is Regen going to do you?" In that case whats -pdt going to do for you? Gratz on looking "pretty dumb".

On a serious note, you're mistaken idle for town gear me thinks.
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-12-26 16:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stalkster said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Cerberus.Stalkster said:

Really learn to read. I said how 3sets are used on macros, K so that regen gear that you wear dose nothing when your -idle-? My point is the 90hp is better then -5%pdt or even -5%mdt when -idle- no buffs(hence running around which would put you at full hp).

Do I really need to argue the definition of idle now?

An idle set is something you wear between actions. Your running around doing nothing set is town gear. That extra HP does nothing for you while running around between NMs either unless you suck at life and aggro something, or wait until you get hit before you take any action.

While I would argue that if you're in a position where you have zero chance of being hit, you have too many people at your event, the entire point was that you just idle in refresh everywhere if you're in such a situation. Otherwise, I'd rather have PDT gear on to keep me from potentially being OHKO'd instead of extending the empty space between my current HP and the end of my HP bar.

EDIT: Beaten. ***.
 Cerberus.Stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2010-12-26 16:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Also if you are in situations where you plan to take enough dmg that you care about what your idle set has and are running around completely unbuffed on rdm... again you might want to rethink wtf you are doing

Besides I think you underestimate just how big of a difference 5 pdt can make. Let's say you had 40ish without that neck. And you would be taking 100 base dmg dmg and say have phalanx up. So without the neck you would be taking 30 with it you would take 25. That's 2 more hits from stoneskin.
Idle set is idle, yes you will be running around unbuffed sometimes.. Why would you not have a idle set, with items to idle?

You should not be taking more then 1-2hits(double attack) in your idle set, then switch to -PDT set.

Sylph.Rorrick said:

An idle set is something you wear between actions
Yes and running around, you guys are tanking in your idle sets?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-26 16:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't be running around completely unbuffed if you expect to get attacked either.

Either way assuming completely unbuffed for 1 regen to beat the actual 10 pdt you would be losing from using a hp ring and regen neck you'd have to take less than 200 base dmg a minute... Ie basically 1 melee hit every 1-4 min from any mob that comes close to mattering. While also not overregening. Forget tp moves lol
 Cerberus.Stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2010-12-26 16:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but dose it hurt? No.

Would you call it "pretty dumb" idling in refresh/regen/-PDT/-MDT/HP gear? No

Guess that shows my point.
 Sylph.Starstrukk
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2010-12-26 16:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly is your point?

There's not a single slot where HP is available in abundance where superior stats are not.

Say you're idling in Meridian Ring/BQR, thats 165 HP. Every action you do will drop those rings resulting in the HP loss. Assuming 3 Regen from gear, thats over 2 minutes of no action to regen it back, wheres the benefit there? Unless you cure/regen which is time wasted in which you could be using to gain distance to nuke or whatever. Not to mention basically Refresh- since you're expending that MP.

HP+ idle is only worth it if your idle gear is your lowest HP set before the HP+, as it will prevent your HP from dropping on idle... Either way, its not as majority of RDM use that Pluviale crap now a days. Not to be rude/mean, but you've not proved anything.

Also, does not dose. >.<
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-12-26 17:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stalkster said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Also if you are in situations where you plan to take enough dmg that you care about what your idle set has and are running around completely unbuffed on rdm... again you might want to rethink wtf you are doing

Idle set is idle, yes you will be running around unbuffed sometimes.. Why would you not have a idle set, with items to idle?

You should not be taking more then 1-2hits(double attack) in your idle set, then switch to -PDT set.

Sylph.Rorrick said:

An idle set is something you wear between actions
Yes and running around, you guys are tanking in your idle sets?

Uh... what?

Idle is in between actions. If you count kiting as an action then I don't even know what to say. I run from mob to mob in regen gear just because I'm too lazy to cure myself, but I only regen until I'm at the lowest threshold of HP any of my sets put me at (think my nuking set drops me the lowest). Why? Because the rest gets dropped anyway.

There's no reason to idle in +HP, and you drop all that HP every single time you cast a spell. To gain it back would require you to stop moving and cure it back, or try to regen it back which wouldn't work because, hey, you drop it all off again the next time you cast a spell.

If you only get hit once or twice a fight I think you and I use RDM for different things. If you're only getting hit once or twice you're not soloing which means you're probably doing nothing but slow and paralyze which means you should be on another job. Even then, I'd rather have that 5% PDT there to do something if I happen to get hit by something instead of having that +90 HP ring do nothing but look stupid.

Do I tank in my idle set? What? If I were tanking I'd be on a different macro set (probably idling in more PDT). I kite in my idle set.

Would I call you dumb for idling in all that ***at once? Yes, because a little of everything is not better than a lot of one thing.

You have no point, and this entire argument is ridiculous, as you don't seem to understand that when your max HP rises your current HP doesn't rise with it (exception being when you first buy cruor buffs).
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-26 17:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If your current HP rised up as you equipped HP gear, it would be better.
Higher MAX HP does nothing for you unless you cure it up every damn time, is that so hard to understand? :p
I guess his definition of idle is when he's running from nm to nm, not between every spell, like every other person.
 Cerberus.Stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2010-12-26 19:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not know i can be more clear.

Idle gear can be a mix of regen/refresh/-pdt/-mdt/hp/mp/movement speed.

You can use macros for the situation needed.

No utsusemi up(gonna get hit?) > -PDT,

Mob is casting a spell(can not out run it?)/Magic JA > -MDT.

When at full hp between running to where ever 90hp is more then -5%PDT. Yes you lose it when you cast. But at full HP 90HP is more then -5%PDT regardless, Unless you take about 1,800DMG.

You do not need to be -50%PDT(between cast).

You do not need to be -25%MDT(between cast).

If you are not solo, in a low man situation(not /nin) and you pull hate, you can use your -PDT macro.

If your kiting something(that you can outrun) and have utsusemi up you can use idle gear.

If your kiting something(that you can outrun) and utsusemi is down you can use -PDT gear(since your capping -PDT and keeping w.legs on) to gain distance before recasting utsusemi.

Sylph.Rorrick said:

Uh... what?

Idle is in between actions. If you count kiting as an action then I don't even know what to say.
If you only get hit once or twice a fight I think you and I use RDM for different things. If you're only getting hit once or twice you're not soloing which means you're probably doing nothing but slow and paralyze which means you should be on another job.

Do I tank in my idle set? What? If I were tanking I'd be on a different macro set (probably idling in more PDT). I kite in my idle set.

So you do not kite in your idle set, but you kite in your idle set?
That makes sense.

Why would you be taking hits in a idle set with more -PDT? When you could just have a set with capped -PDT to swap to when needed?

I've gone whole solo's without getting hit once. Not saying my rdm skills>yours(I do not know you/seen you play). But i have pretty much soloed everything that was possible @75 cap. And have soloed many new nm's with the lv cap increments.

Also if a mob seems to have high double attack and you kinda expect it to double attack when @1shadow you can use -PDT macro, after it's attack round if it did double attack or not you then can cast utsusemi.
 Cerberus.Starr
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2010-12-26 19:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm I have 3hp/tick and idle really=doing nothing but when I change out the hp for spells then doing nothing for a while it does recover idk
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-26 20:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

As soon as you cast you lose that hp... the only purpose of it was to have more hp when you first get hit... guess what unless you fighting a DC that first chances are you saved more hp by just idling in the pdt the whole time then regening.... therefore it's self defeating
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-12-26 20:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stalkster said:
That makes sense.

When you finally cover reading comprehension in elementary school you'll see I said I kite in my idle set. I have no idea where you think I said I don't (unless you really do think kiting is an action).

Quote:
Why would you be taking hits in a idle set with more -PDT? When you could just have a set with capped -PDT to swap to when needed?
Can't always hit the full PDT macro quickly enough. Things change direction, TP moves go off at inopportune times, blal blah blah. Why idle in an HP cap you'll never reach?

Quote:
I've gone whole solo's without getting hit once. Not saying my rdm skills>yours(I do not know you/seen you play). But i have pretty much soloed everything that was possible @75 cap. And have soloed many new nm's with the lv cap increments.

There's a distinction here to make, that just because you soloed everything doesn't mean nothing hit you. I can solo a bunch of crap without being hit too but pinning is nothing to brag about.

Quote:
Also if a mob seems to have high double attack and you kinda expect it to double attack when @1shadow you can use -PDT macro, after it's attack round if it did double attack or not you then can cast utsusemi.

Or I could start casting a nuke, have my shadow eat one hit and Stoneskin absorb the rest and cast utsu later. Either way this isn't an argument for +HP, because once again, you won't have that extra HP there. Max HP =/= Current HP. I'm not sure how many more times I need to repeat that.

Your definition of idle is wrong, but there is no argument for +HP to be made because that extra HP is never there when it would actually be useful, unless you equip it to run between pop spots and aggro something. If that's what you want to equip it for then fine, but I'm not going to keep repeating myself.
 Cerberus.Stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2010-12-27 00:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do ppl keep pointing out when you cast you lose the HP. By me saying "When at full hp between running to where ever 90hp is more then -5%PDT. Yes you lose it when you cast. But at full HP 90HP is more then -5%PDT regardless, Unless you take about 1,800DMG."
Is not clear enough for you?

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Cerberus.Stalkster said:
That makes sense.

When you finally cover reading comprehension in elementary school you'll see I said I kite in my idle set. I have no idea where you think I said I don't (unless you really do think kiting is an action).

Quote:
Can't always hit the full PDT macro quickly enough. Things change direction, TP moves go off at inopportune times, blal blah blah. Why idle in an HP cap you'll never reach?

Quote:

There's a distinction here to make, that just because you soloed everything doesn't mean nothing hit you. I can solo a bunch of crap without being hit too but pinning is nothing to brag about.

Quote:

Or I could start casting a nuke, have my shadow eat one hit and Stoneskin absorb the rest and cast utsu later. Either way this isn't an argument for +HP, because once again, you won't have that extra HP there. Max HP =/= Current HP. I'm not sure how many more times I need to repeat that.

Your definition of idle is wrong, but there is no argument for +HP to be made because that extra HP is never there when it would actually be useful, unless you equip it to run between pop spots and aggro something. If that's what you want to equip it for then fine, but I'm not going to keep repeating myself.

I made it bold in my last quote. Read it..

I'm sorry your slow and have slow reflexes.

I've pinned 2solo's, 1not needed but ya, giant in attohwa because i was /sch when i got aggro, running to get flux's. As running to #00 i seen it had ***pathing on the 1 spot. 2nd Krabkatoa do i have to explain why? Just cause your "solo's" where you dont get hit are pinned. Dose not mean mine are. I quit most Bind/DoT/Nuke kites a few yr's ago, and favored the more straight tank Debuff/DoT/Nuke method. Unless on certain nm's where it was really needed like faust.

"Or I could start casting a nuke, have my shadow eat one hit and Stoneskin absorb the rest and cast utsu later."
Or you could do it right and cast nukes after shadow cast and save stoneskin for when it's really needed.. Sounds like your soloing some weak ***if your letting it beat on you in nuke gear.

"unless you equip it to run between pop spots and aggro something. If that's what you want to equip it for then fine, but I'm not going to keep repeating myself."
Then why do you keep repeating yourself, it's like i am talking to wall.

It's not like your tanking HNM's my Tank Idle set used darksteel hands/feet, HP waist, Cassie earring etc. It would let your co-tank if you had 1 cure you to help bounce hate or cure yourself for more hate(Not like you needed to at the time). But this is not the case anymore.
 Odin.Hevans
Server: Odin
user: Hev
By Odin.Hevans 2010-12-27 01:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

after all of this i still have to go back to the arete del sol for an idle earring. for those of you who don't know, resist status effect on gear/traits reduces the duration. shaving anything off of bind, grav, and especially stun is invaluable... imo
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-12-27 01:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stalkster said:

When at full hp between running to where ever 90hp is more then -5%PDT. Yes you lose it when you cast. But at full HP 90HP is more then -5%PDT regardless, Unless you take about 1,800DMG.

You do not need to be -50%PDT(between cast).

You do not need to be -25%MDT(between cast).

If your kiting something(that you can outrun) and utsusemi is down you can use -PDT gear(since your capping -PDT and keeping w.legs on) to gain distance before recasting utsusemi.

There's increasing returns from PDT and MDT gear, so you're wrong. Even when kiting with shadows up (depending how dangerous the mob is) i'd keep PDT or MDT gear on, in case of a sudden TP move.

0-5% PDT is a 5.26 increase

Odin.Hevans said:
after all of this i still have to go back to the arete del sol for an idle earring. for those of you who don't know, resist status effect on gear/traits reduces the duration. shaving anything off of bind, grav, and especially stun is invaluable... imo

Not exactly. It raises your overall resistance to the effect, including half resists, etc. If you get a half resist the effect/duration is weakened, but that's no where close to 100%
 Sylph.Starstrukk
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2010-12-27 01:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stalkster said:
Why do ppl keep pointing out when you cast you lose the HP. By me saying "When at full hp between running to where ever 90hp is more then -5%PDT. Yes you lose it when you cast. But at full HP 90HP is more then -5%PDT regardless, Unless you take about 1,800DMG."

If I had to guess I would say because it follows no logic and doesn't justify the inventory loss. You keep stating it has it advantages in that specific situation, but ignoring it's disadvantages in the other 99%~ of situations...

Quote:
I made it bold in my last quote. Read it..

I'm sorry your slow and have slow reflexes.

You really should at least read what you're writing before you judge other people.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-27 02:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
But at full HP 90HP is more then -5%PDT regardless, Unless you take about 1,800DMG."

because its not
stoneskin has a dmg limit it can sustain b4 wearing
HP+ gear does not change this
while on the other hand -PDT lessens the amount it takes and thus lengthens the duration

ill stick to my -PDT idle set and keep my HP+ gear for CureIV cheat

just to solo more effectively doing things like this
Quote:

Or I could start casting a nuke, have my shadow eat one hit and Stoneskin absorb the rest and cast utsu later.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-27 03:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol at the assumption that you will always be able to regen the full 90 back... seroiusly why are you stick around doing nothing for so long?

And again why the *** are you running around completely unbuffed in situations where you will be hit hard enough to even care how much pdt/hp/mdt you have? Are you telling me you use an extra maccro set or 2 and idle for a couple of minutes after each hit just to save yourself from having to cast a buff or 2 on yourself? Are you really that much of a maschocist?
 Asura.Dtroyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dtroyy 2010-12-27 11:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My set atm need a better Dark Ring :/
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-02 15:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Idling is for idiots, and yes HP gear followed by cures is the best defense against damage. Don't forget to toss earth staff in favor of genbus shield + shanshir+2 - now with 20% pdt exactly total and def bonus yeah !. Don't equip gear that make you lose to much MP or HP, it's dumb. Equipping a 5% pdt ring to maybe save 25 HP once every new moon is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

-mdt is the worst magic protection I can think of, after mdb. Gear yourself according to what you are fighting, make clever use of barspells and elemental resists. Now your pathetic -25% mdt gear looks like a piece of trash. Shell plus elemental resists is for pimps. However you first need to find a mob where all this is actually usefull. GL.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-02 15:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Idling is for idiots, and yes HP gear followed by cures is the best defense against damage. Don't forget to toss earth staff in favor of genbus shield + shanshir+2 - now with 20% pdt exactly total and def bonus yeah !. Don't equip gear that make you lose to much MP or HP, it's dumb. Equipping a 5% pdt ring to maybe save 25 HP once every new moon is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

-mdt is the worst magic protection I can think of, after mdb. Gear yourself according to what you are fighting, make clever use of barspells and elemental resists. Now your pathetic -25% mdt gear looks like a piece of trash. Shell plus elemental resists is for pimps. However you first need to find a mob where all this is actually usefull. GL.

hahahahahahaha
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-02 15:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-02 17:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys still fail at being avesta. RDM in full AF can do everything now with a PS2 controller in the left hand and the middle right finger in his ***.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7