Quietus
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15
 Leviathan.Matteh
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2011-08-28 09:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

RR isnt that bad if you use Magus weapons vs nm's like Ningishzida for DoT but dont want to steal hate from tank and /drg works pretty well when you combine the two and use jump. test it out on normal aby mobs and you'll get about avg same results on NM's for full on DD but downfall is to this start is you take direct dmg like a mofo. Making WHM actually be WHM where some go WHM for a easy ride.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-28 09:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-28 09:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Matteh said: »
RR isnt that bad if you use Magus weapons vs nm's like Ningishzida for DoT but dont want to steal hate from tank and /drg works pretty well when you combine the two and use jump. test it out on normal aby mobs and you'll get about avg same results on NM's for full on DD but downfall is to this start is you take direct dmg like a mofo. Making WHM actually be WHM where some go WHM for a easy ride.

What?
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-08-29 10:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lightvision said: »
when your riding last resort and delay cap then would it rely matter on your DoT dmg since you would be WS'ing so frequently? the higher WS dmg would more than make up for it imo
Lets look at this slowly and in sections, just using your parse so you dont think Ive made this situation up or anything. The fact of the matter is your parse itself already tells you the answer about having RR.

53% Melee damage. Just looking at that shows a majority if not half atleast of your total damage came from just melee damage alone. You didnt even have RR up either, which means youd be really benefiting from that. I can confirm this aswell as Ive parsed and my drk's melee portion of damage as always been even if not slightly better than my ws damage(no surprise with guillotine being lack luster for the most part)

Now lets look at your ws frequency, 106 ws, look at your melee swing 1117 total landed, meaning you averaged 10.5 swings per ws. Thats an average of 3 extra swings from what most ppl have in their calad setups(7hits, or is it 6 now? even worse). All those extra swings are due to high haste, extra attack rounds(DA/TA) causing your over flow of tp rounds. You had 159 potential ws but only got 106 out(landing 101)its not a nitpick btw but something ppl need to take into account as when ppl crunch numbers or make things look good in paper, forget somethings things like this, ie tp overflow. Here its making RR look even better on paper and in practice.

This is where RR becomes even better to have over your ws atmas because not only was your melee damage % already just as good, but youre swinging over 100tp and thus benefiting more from RR as youre spending more time swinging. Not to mention that all of this was just with 20% crit rate, just rate, RR not only increases your rate by another 30% but also slaps on 30% crit damage to all your crit hits.

I really dont know what your atmas were but Im hoping apoc was one of them if not your over tp swings are not justifiable at all.

Eitherway Im not trying to be critical(not intended...) here or call you out for w/e you were doing, I was just pointing out that while your ws were nice they were not under what most would consider optimal conditions atma-wise and probably mob wise aswell for what was being discussed. If thats how you want to play or enjoy playing by all means, but as a heads up, I truely think your missing out on some very nice improvement(imo) on your drk damage.
[+]
By veddertehtaco 2011-08-29 12:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

well said hito
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2011-08-30 08:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
I still use Guilly, 2500 average, spikes 3-4k on DA proc. TBH the only advantage I see from the Emp choices are the aftermaths, not so much the WS.

Using Woeborn, /SAM & 26 STP in gear, one Guilly and 4 swings gets me 100tp, and I only have to WS in Rajas to get that. I WS so fast that using VV seems kind of pointless, so I usually roll with RR/GH/Apoc.

I could be terribly wrong here and if I am please explain to me why Quietus/Torcleaver are so superior. I dont understand why DRKs everywhere have dropped their Scythes. WTF?

Its mainly the aftermath. Torcleaver as a WS isnt that great, but fast swinging with the right gear + Occ Doubles Damage is a huge gain in overall damage. I like to compare it to Hito's post. Jumping from no RR to RR is a huge increase in DoT. Same for the just from no aftermath to having an aftermath.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-30 09:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I still use Guilly, 2500 average, spikes 3-4k on DA proc. TBH the only advantage I see from the Emp choices are the aftermaths, not so much the WS. Using Woeborn, /SAM & 26 STP in gear, one Guilly and 4 swings gets me 100tp, and I only have to WS in Rajas to get that. I WS so fast that using VV seems kind of pointless, so I usually roll with RR/GH/Apoc. I could be terribly wrong here and if I am please explain to me why Quietus/Torcleaver are so superior. I dont understand why DRKs everywhere have dropped their Scythes. WTF?

4-hit ws with .875 mod at any tp and silence vs. 3x damage ws with scaling ~5-6.5 mod. Torcleaver is easily going to have a higher output that guillotine across the board.

Quietus is similar to spinning slash except it has higher stat mods and the base 3x damage. It also scales defense ignored based on your tp.

If you can get past the "role reversal" that the empyrean ws's give your weapons, the ws are easily superior to the "standard" ws's. The large damage boost thanks to the aftermath you already acknowledge, albeit in a dismissive tone. The low delay on caladbolg is rediculous when paired with bale body and razed ruins. I easily moved from what i felt was a "spike damage" job to a "dps" job.

The new content of voidwatch seems to give me much hope for the Quietus to pay off in the future. Even now, with last resort up and 5-hit geared up, it seems I am using quietus as often as i'm attacking (especially when TA kicks in tp phase).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-30 09:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't do quietus again, personally, just because chloris/glavoid make me wanna cry (not in any way the weapons fault). I do highly recommend caladbolg though. It's not just the typical "torcleaver is god" attitude, it's just that the path is seriously HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE easy (if you're saying "it's now worth the trouble"). I'm fairly certain you could solo 80-85 (the vnms were almost harder....) if you had the time to do it. I still feel that i'm going to have to kill pandy warden 35 times for 95 caladbolg to make amends for the 80-90 path.
By stickybudz916 2011-08-30 10:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

that weapon fails, drk is a good dd but they fail at staying alive. *** mp sponge. imo good for NOTHING
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-30 10:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

stickybudz916 said: »

You don't say.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-30 10:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

25-30% iirc. I haven't tested myself so I don't want to throw out eyeballed numbers but iirc I remember seeing 30% posted several times (returner, are you there?)
As far as EYEBALLING GOES... I for a while felt that I was getting 5-10% more frequent ODD when I was on 300% aftermath than 100% BUT I HAVE NOTHING TO BACK THIS UP (admittedly). I wanted to test it forever and a day but with work I can never seem to find the time.

Also,

stickybudz916 said: »
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? Drugs are good :D
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-30 11:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought it was tested as 30/40/50% ODD at 100/200/300 tp.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-30 11:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »

oh wow. I SHOULD EYEBALL MORE OFTEN!!!

I seriously would like to see some testing or do some if i ever get time.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-30 11:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really too lazy to dig through hundreds of posts in multiple threads to find testing on it >_<
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-30 11:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really too lazy to dig through hundreds of posts in multiple threads to find testing on it >_<

Yeah sorry i didn't expect you too it was more "it would be cool if he's right but I can't assume he's right without finding it".
 Odin.Daemun
Server: Odin
user: daemun
By Odin.Daemun 2011-08-30 11:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Trollolol

They have more tools to help stay alive than say... WAR.
Back in the good ol 75 days, I used to exclusively Campaign in DRK/SAM. Thing could solo tank a couple of mobs with no problems staying alive. Other DD jobs had to either give up damage, or would die quickly when running into problems.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-30 11:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I dont understand why DRKs everywhere have dropped their Scythes.

I'm probably alone in this -- and at the risk of being called a "bandwagon drk" again, whatever the hell that means in these days of Victory Smite and Ukko's Fury (edit: and Blade: Hi! Holy cow the bandwagon ninjas around) -- but I've always taken any and every excuse I could think of to use great sword over scythe. I've always felt scythe to be an awkward weapon in the first place and not nearly as fun as great sword.

Caladbolg is really just an excuse to do what I've always wanted to do when it comes to Dark Knight.

Also (personal opinion here, obviously, don't get your tighty whities in a twist) Redemption doesn't do itself any favors being fugly as all get out while Caladbolg is one of the better looking weapons around.

All said and done, I think both ws'es could use a little spicing up to put them a -bit- more on par with H2H and gaxe. But as far as preferences go, I'm a big fan of my Caladbolg.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2011-08-30 11:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Says hi2u.

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:
I dont understand why DRKs everywhere have dropped their Scythes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-30 12:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, how's the picture of Apoc apply to me quoting the other guy? :p
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-30 12:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

oh wow. I SHOULD EYEBALL MORE OFTEN!!!

I seriously would like to see some testing or do some if i ever get time.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Aftermath

Serj is right, according to BG its 30/40/50. I am pretty sure it was Kirschy who did the testing, they don't have a link up tho for the tests, but either way BG wouldnt put information up if it wasn't right, they are usually spot on 99.9% of the time.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-30 12:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said: »
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
oh wow. I SHOULD EYEBALL MORE OFTEN!!! I seriously would like to see some testing or do some if i ever get time.
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Aftermath Serj is right, according to BG its 30/40/50. I am pretty sure it was Kirschy who did the testing, they don't have a link up tho for the tests, but either way BG wouldnt put information up if it wasn't right, they are usually spot on 99.9% of the time.

woah woah woah, let's not get carried away now. ;3

Thanks for the link though Gradd! I'll have to read when I get home (barely get away with surfing ffxiah at work) ^^
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-30 13:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep.

That page is full of errors. Right above the table that claims 30% 40% 50% proc rates it says:

"Unlike Mythics, Aftermath potency is thought to be static regardless of TP and weapon level. Weaponskilling with 199 TP will give the same Aftermath that you'd get from Weaponskilling at 100 TP. This has not been proven (nor has it been proven that all weapons have the same aftermath rates), but is a generally accepted assumption within the community."

Someone *** up that table. I think the proc rate is static. Only the duration varies.

Pretty sure that means the duration, which is correct, if you are sitting at 199 TP you will still have a level 1 30 second aftermath, not a level 2 60 second one like if you were to have 200 TP, and youd have the 30% rate of ODD instead of the 40% rate.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-30 13:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep.

Right above the table that claims 30% 40% 50% proc rates it says:

"Unlike Mythics, Aftermath potency is thought to be static regardless of TP and weapon level. Weaponskilling with 199 TP will give the same Aftermath that you'd get from Weaponskilling at 100 TP. This has not been proven (nor has it been proven that all weapons have the same aftermath rates), but is a generally accepted assumption within the community."

So either the table is wrong, or the statement above it is wrong. Need to see the testing but from what I've read the proc rate is static, only the duration varies.

Read what that means. Aftermath at 199 tp is the same as aftermath at 100 tp. Mythics aftermath changes and scales with any tp.

Beaten =(
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15