First Page 2 3 ... 14 15
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-30 22:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
Alone 20% crit rate beats 30% damage, however that is never the case.
When I said go with what Hito said, I didn't mean completely ignore what I said. The value of each varies relative to your attack and the stats of the enemy.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-08-31 08:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Says hi2u.
Worse than Caladbolg. I don't get it?

Strictly weapon damage to weapon damage Cala > Apoc. As an overall weapon Apoc > Cala. DRK is one of the few jobs where their Relic trumps their Emp, most of that is because of the flaws in the job and the gear the job has to wear to cap haste, not necessarily the weapon itself.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-08-31 08:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
Kin37ix said: »
I still use Guilly, 2500 average, spikes 3-4k on DA proc. TBH the only advantage I see from the Emp choices are the aftermaths, not so much the WS. Using Woeborn, /SAM & 26 STP in gear, one Guilly and 4 swings gets me 100tp, and I only have to WS in Rajas to get that. I WS so fast that using VV seems kind of pointless, so I usually roll with RR/GH/Apoc. I could be terribly wrong here and if I am please explain to me why Quietus/Torcleaver are so superior. I dont understand why DRKs everywhere have dropped their Scythes. WTF?
Guillotine with its 4 hits is 3.875ftp and 25% str/mnd mods. With an average of 250/150str/mnd totals that would give them roughly 84 in wsc. Torcleaver is 4.75ftp for its 1 hit, roughly 200vit for a torcleaver would be 102wsc(60%mod). Dont even have to take the aftermath in consideration to see Torcleaver is superior in everyway. The increase in ftp between the two alone is 22%. I wont go into Quietus as there hasnt been enough testing to pin down the exact ftp, though 3.0-3.5 would be my guess as it seems to be close to guillotine numbers from what most ppl are reporting(lets say its just bad eyeballing, 3.75-3.85 no higher I think) Think last time I played with numbers, SS came out ahead of GH. I think it was A/O > SS > VV > GH for a guillotine drk. *note* about the ftp values I gave, while they are correct, they do not tell the whole story from a mathimatical point of view, theres still accuracy,gorgets(if applicable), and any DA/TA hits to account for to find the average ftp value. Its not a huge deal but just incase people think that the ftp value of torcleaver will always be 4.75 in every calculation(it wont, its just a quick/rough evalution of the ws itself and not the actual situation that it will be in)

Guillotine also benefits from 2 swings that can DA/TA which is why you get some very nice spikes.
 Valefor.Amoklauf
Server: Valefor
user: Amok
By Valefor.Amoklauf 2011-08-31 09:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't a DA/TA proc mean a bigger relative boost for a single hit WS than multi-hit?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-08-31 11:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Amoklauf said: »
Doesn't a DA/TA proc mean a bigger relative boost for a single hit WS than multi-hit?

No
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-31 11:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Not nearly that simple, it depends on the weaponskill's http://fTP.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-08-31 19:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the case ONLY if the subsequent hits carry the same amount of ftp as the first hit. Unfortunately, that's not the case, all subsequent hits carry a fixed 1.0 ftp, making it unattractive for single hit WS with high ftp, aka Torcleaver. Not to mention, when accuracy does matter, your subsequent hits will have subpar accuracy since it doesn't have the accuracy bonus of the first hit.
 Valefor.Amoklauf
Server: Valefor
user: Amok
By Valefor.Amoklauf 2011-09-18 03:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Long time between posts cus I don't read these forums. I think my post was misunderstood. Double Attack on Steel Cyclone will see a bigger improvement than say.. Guillotine. Because..

+1 to fTP is what DA basically does (math wise, not in practice, of course)

So for Steel Cyclone (100% TP) you'd go from 1.5 to 2.5 which is a 66% damage boost on average.

While for Guillotine, which due to the 5 hits already sits at a hefty 3.8 fTP, it's only a 4.8/3.8 = ~26% boost.

I dunno the ftp values for Quietus, but if it's very high then I guess that makes my argument moot.
 Ragnarok.Lugat
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-09-18 03:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno the ftp values for Quietus, but if it's very high then I

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-18 11:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Long time between posts cus I don't read these forums. I think my post was misunderstood. Double Attack on Steel Cyclone will see a bigger improvement than say.. Guillotine. Because..

+1 to fTP is what DA basically does (math wise, not in practice, of course)

So for Steel Cyclone (100% TP) you'd go from 1.5 to 2.5 which is a 66% damage boost on average.

While for Guillotine, which due to the 5 hits already sits at a hefty 3.8 fTP, it's only a 4.8/3.8 = ~26% boost.

I dunno the ftp values for Quietus, but if it's very high then I guess that makes my argument moot.
We understood your post just fine, but you're still not completely correct. Some single-hit WS have very high fTP, such as Torcleaver (4.75 at 100 TP), and would gain less from DA/TA than some multi-hit WS.

EDIT: I have no clue why "fTP" in my previous post is displaying as a link.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-09-19 04:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question since I just learned about the varying aftermath of mythics.

Do relics perform in the same way, if I WS with 150 TP as opposed to 100 TP with Catastrophe does the haste AM last slightly longer?

Or is it static increments based on floors of 100 200 300 like Empyrean?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-09-19 04:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Quick question since I just learned about the varying aftermath of mythics.

Do relics perform in the same way, if I WS with 150 TP as opposed to 100 TP with Catastrophe does the haste AM last slightly longer?

Or is it static increments based on floors of 100 200 300 like Empyrean?

100 200 300 like emps
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-09-19 04:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15