Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Quietus
Quietus
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
By hexagram23 2010-10-24 01:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
hexagram23 said:
Here is the link from above, I fixed the pics:

Meaningless without seeing your gearsets, food, and telling us your buffs.

Uh....I already said my food and buffs in this thread, directly above the post you quoted. And in the thread this thread was linked to.

No buffs, Yellow Curry. STR+68, no atmas that would boost WS damage.

My WS set:

By hexagram23 2010-10-24 01:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple more things.

First off I've seen Fudo first hand and I dunno. I'm assuming the crazy 3k numbers were with maximum buffs, DA proc, and/or the best atmas possible because so far I haven't seen any of that. To put it into perspective the parser that was shown on page 1 had Fudo, Ukko's Fury and Torcleaver all doing more or less the same damage....yet Fudo is seen as "THE BEST!" because of a few random numbers.

It's easy to assume a WS is the absolute best when all you see is best case scenario pictures.

As far as the joker that was using Quietus in Campaign....geez. They had to somehow actively been trying NOT to do damage. This WS easily pumps out 1.5k in Campaign with zero buffs, no food, no DA proc, nothing.

I'm currently 20/30 on Coins of Glory for the GA too, so I'll be comparing the two WSs soon. I'm on vacation from WoE for now though.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-24 01:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well part of Fudos doing that good is it's potential to do do so. Even with ok stuff it does well. And it being highly str modded combine with the fact not too hard to hit 200+ str in abyssea doesn't hurt lol
By hexagram23 2010-10-24 02:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Well part of Fudos doing that good is it's potential to do do so. Even with ok stuff it does well. And it being highly str modded combine with the fact not too hard to hit 200+ str in abyssea doesn't hurt lol

Oh no doubt about it but, at face value if you look at a 3k Fudo vs. a 2k Quietus it's easy to say "screw scythe", but the two WS obviously weren't buffed the same. Like I said I'm sure a 3k Fudo is "the perfect storm". Under similar circumstances and buffs it's not unrealistic to think Quietus could put up comparable numbers given what I've seen.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-24 02:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
from what the people in the alla thread said its 35%str 50%mnd

I was hoping to see a bit more STR (50%) on there, maybe with 50% Mind, it's worth using 2x Aqua over Vulcan2x.

sounds like a waste of effort either way

Well, the simple fact that it's got an STR mod makes it likely to "Age" Better than Torcleaver will, Quietus looks like a much needed Single-hit High Damage attack for Scythe, the DPS difference between Scythe and Greatsword probably makes them come out very close in the end.

I fail to see your reasoning :| If youre not gonna do a masamune, why go for the bottom tier weapon as it would seem at this point when theyre all momentous amounts of work

Not talking about Empyrean weapons, talking about the Weapon Skill, obtainable from Walk of Echoes coin and Kindred Crest path. Much easier.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-24 02:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

hexagram23 said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Oh no doubt about it but, at face value if you look at a 3k Fudo vs. a 2k Quietus it's easy to say "screw scythe", but the two WS obviously weren't buffed the same. Like I said I'm sure a 3k Fudo is "the perfect storm". Under similar circumstances and buffs it's not unrealistic to think Quietus could put up comparable numbers given what I've seen.

Part of it will be you wont be able to get similar buffs. I mean saying it was 50% mnd 30% str... no matter what you gear for or atma for chances are you wont get no where near the same amount ws mods as the 80% str fudo. I mean comparatively you'd have to get the same amount of mnd AND str to add the same amount to base dmg as the fudo user when he adds just str

Also judging by the carabosse lowman thread I doubt it's a perfect setup. I mean you see him hitting consistent 3-4.5ks on those nms in 4 man and duo situation lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-24 02:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

I was hoping to see a bit more STR (50%) on there, maybe with 50% Mind, it's worth using 2x Aqua over Vulcan2x.

Well, the simple fact that it's got an STR mod makes it likely to "Age" Better than Torcleaver will, Quietus looks like a much needed Single-hit High Damage attack for Scythe, the DPS difference between Scythe and Greatsword probably makes them come out very close in the end.
Should also scale well given the ignores defense property.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-24 02:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

I fail to see your reasoning :| If youre not gonna do a masamune, why go for the bottom tier weapon as it would seem at this point when theyre all momentous amounts of work

Not talking about Empyrean weapons, talking about the Weapon Skill, obtainable from Walk of Echoes coin and Kindred Crest path. Much easier.

ah true, I never think of those :| no desire to grind that much for a -1
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-24 02:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Could just be temporary until you get the abyssea stuff then cancel and go back to that stage
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-24 02:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you'd spend as much time going hard on WoE as you would going hard lowman on the abyssea NMs

but i have 0 experience with woe dunno
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-24 02:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
I think you'd spend as much time going hard on WoE as you would going hard lowman on the abyssea NMs

but i have 0 experience with woe dunno
Perhaps. But easier getting people to do WOE since they drop different kinds for different weapons and have nice synth and equip drops and don't waste precious abyssea time. Plus the coins can drop in bags with a whole bunch in.

It's more like doing some other event like say einharjar and just happening to get something else on it
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-24 02:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

treu that, but definitely sounds like this ws is mediocre at best :|
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-24 02:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well still better than guillotine no?
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-24 02:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

better than guillotine maybe, better than playing another job.. I think not! unless youre zerging or have an apoc (/empyrean gs?) and youre trying to maximize anything why are you on drk ><
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-10-24 02:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Why haven't we seen any Jishnu's radiance, Ukko's Fury, Victory Smite, Blade: Hi, or Chant du Cygne with Razed Ruins yet? Since these are all of the new empyrean ws's that have a chance to crit and should do stupid dmg with that atma.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-24 03:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

From what little on it I saw on wiki Jishnu's without razed ruins was decently worse than slug shot... so while razed ruins will undoubtably make it better not sure if it will make it omfg. Also bow rngs with hate tend to stop doing as much dmg lol. Also gearing for dex as a rng!?! wtf. But yeah I'm currently trying to make the bow and gun to test them out.

I'd like to see even some of the non crit 1 hit ones with razed ruins and SA
 Quetzalcoatl.Aulse
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Fleed
By Quetzalcoatl.Aulse 2010-10-24 03:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
better than guillotine maybe, better than playing another job.. I think not! unless youre zerging or have an apoc (/empyrean gs?) and youre trying to maximize anything why are you on drk ><
Because... Dark Knight is... fun...?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-24 03:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

They're much easier than the Empyrean weapons, which actually aren't that significant a leap up. All you gain is the Occ Deals Double DMG and a little bit of a Stat boost. Paltry for the additional effort you have to put in. And just wait, Echo version will look a lot better when Masamune DMG+1 trial is "Tachi:Fudo Killshot 2,500 on Amorphs"

Let's not forget, the Dark Knight - Samurai debate is pointless. Samurai gets better damage, but Dark Knight gets Stun, infinitely more useful than any amount of damage in many situations. Nowhere is this actually more evident, than in Walk of Echoes. While a Samurai would eat ***quickly after a Nerve Gas -> Trembling combo to Natrix, a Dark Knight has no problem stunning Nerve gas, and staying in the fight. Masamune can't even do that.

hexagram23 said:
A couple more things.

I'm currently 20/30 on Coins of Glory for the GA too, so I'll be comparing the two WSs soon. I'm on vacation from WoE for now though.

Ukko's is more of the Same, for Warrior. One of our Linkshell mates finished it, and it rapes considerably. It puts Raging rush to shame, and that's saying something.

Quietus and Ukko's hover around the same damage range, on average, however, Ukko's fury can spike to extremes when the crits proc with Razed Ruins.
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-24 03:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Onevent blm mules whaaaaaaaaaaat!
By Bloodwarrior 2010-10-24 03:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

im proud to say that hex is from my ls and he gives me a work out on whm.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-24 16:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:

Considering 95% of Sams suck at the game, its alot funner playing a job that isnt mathematically better and outparsing ones that are mathematically better.

I LOVE hearing Sams brag about how amazing their job is, then right after an einherjar or a merit pt throwing a parser in their face with my DRK parsing 5-10% higher than them.

But seriously if you wanna play a REAL DD go play WAR, SAM gtfo.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-24 16:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

PS: if you're trying to level TEH STRONGEST JOB ONRY, it's not SAM.

This is what amuses me most about the "SAM ONRY" idiots: you're looking at the wrong job.

Quote:

Not all of us require cheats or bodies to throw at things to play the game, you may be shocked to hear.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-24 16:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

lolcatrdm
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-10-24 16:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
But seriously if you wanna play a REAL DD go play WAR, SAM gtfo.
use parsers, become a jobist
[+]
By hexagram23 2010-10-24 19:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Part of it will be you wont be able to get similar buffs. I mean saying it was 50% mnd 30% str... no matter what you gear for or atma for chances are you wont get no where near the same amount ws mods as the 80% str fudo. I mean comparatively you'd have to get the same amount of mnd AND str to add the same amount to base dmg as the fudo user when he adds just str

Also judging by the carabosse lowman thread I doubt it's a perfect setup. I mean you see him hitting consistent 3-4.5ks on those nms in 4 man and duo situation lol

He has just about the best possible gear, including AF3+2, and used Bison steak, Berserk, Stalwart's drink and the Voracious Violet Atma aka 10% Double Attack and 50 STR. That's about as perfect as you can get for this type of thing.

3-4.5k damage is definitely amazing but that's not typical of the WS. Like I said the Einherjar parse shows Ukko's Fury, Fudo and Torcleaver doing the same average damage.

I have no idea how Quietus will perform compared to Fudo. I was doing 2.1k on comparable NMs with none of the buffs he has so I think it'll do just fine.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-24 19:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

He also had very minimal support was the point I was making.
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-24 19:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Quote:

Not all of us require cheats or bodies to throw at things to play the game, you may be shocked to hear.

I have never used such a thing lol but I was just throwing it out there

and you seem a little mad.. its not my fault drk is not a very good job
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-24 19:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Quote:

I have never used such a thing lol but I was just throwing it out there

and you seem a little mad.. its not my fault drk is not a very good job I am bored and have to troll through misinformation and a significant lack of intelligent observation skills

It's okay, we don't hold it against you.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-24 19:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have drk 82 and I have above average gear, and it is not a very good job

what more is there to say
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-24 20:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh... currently, DRK isn't the strongest DD job (maybe it will never be either, who knows). However, I do agree with Zicdeh in that Stun can be very useful, particularly if you're in a low-man situation.

DRK is also a good tank, provided you know what you're doing and have the gear/support... depending on what you're trying to tank etc.

DRK has various other tools(and versatility in other aspects) that really don't make it as bad as some people claim, and the damage in the DD department, while it may not be the best, isn't as bad as some may think.

Nevertheless, this may just be my liking of the job, and simply wishful thinking on my part. Who knows.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15