Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Quietus
Quietus
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-18 23:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Found this on BG if anyone cares, apparently its not so hot.

Torcleaver seems to be the stronger of the two new WS for DRK, high DMG GS seems to be the route to go~
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-18 23:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I lol'd
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-18 23:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Great Sword Making a come back >:3
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-18 23:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Great Sword Making a come back >:3

Right?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-18 23:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see this on more credible monsters... I mean, a 1hit attack with +50% the power of guillotine is still fairly impressive, assuming that Guillotine was a 4/4.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-18 23:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend of mine has Torcleaver for his DRK it averaged 2.1k in a Einherjar parse, High was 2.5k, low being 1.2k. Definatley wipes the floor with anything Quietus can do, everything BG shows about the scythe WS says it sucks. Thing I found odd was it shows up as a Job ability on the parser.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-18 23:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Friend of mine has Torcleaver for his DRK it averaged 2.1k in a Einherjar parse, High was 2.5k, low being 1.2k. Definatley wipes the floor with anything Quietus can do, everything BG shows about the scythe WS says it sucks. Thing I found odd was it shows up as a Job ability on the parser.

Got any links to the real tests? If it's better than Guillotine, it's still worth getting, since you can't really control the coins you get in personal coffers.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-18 23:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I use my scythe where appropriate;however, I have to admit...I always liked Greatswords.

I welcome Torcleaver.
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-10-18 23:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ide like to see a link to the site where the info on torcleaver is, would be cool to see pics of the dmg and of the ws
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-18 23:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres no actual parses that I could find, just those Screen shots and people saying its not impress ive at all.

I'm on the final trial for the scythe just need the coins, but working on the GS atm aswell, so ill have both eventually~

But with a Faster x-hit build (you can 6-hit the GS) and stronger WS dmg, there is no way in hell the scythe could keep up.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-18 23:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
I use my scythe where appropriate;however, I have to admit...I always liked Greatswords.

I welcome Torcleaver.

I hate the way Elvaan hold Greatswords ; ;

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Theres no actual parses that I could find, just those Screen shots and people saying its not impress ive at all.

I'm on the final trial for the scythe just need the coins, but working on the GS atm aswell, so ill have both eventually~

Buth with a Faster x-hit build (you can 6-hit the GS) and stronger WS dmg, there is no way in hell the scythe could keep up.

I agree, sadly it needs Decay coins, and while I totally have enough for it... I wanted to get Quietus on DRK and Fudo on SAM.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-18 23:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Maybe hasn't been updated for new ws and automatically assumes ja?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-18 23:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ivaan said:
ide like to see a link to the site where the info on torcleaver is, would be cool to see pics of the dmg and of the ws

Your text to link here...
You can see a parse with the WS Damage here.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-19 00:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quietus needs a legitimate test before we sign it off as useless though. Fully Buffed Melee Torcleaver parse versus a 0 Buff Campaign Battle monster screenshot, isn't exactly definitive.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-19 00:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Was reading some more, some other dude says its been averaging for about 1.6k in abyssea, still better than guillotine, 2k ish when DA procs. Torcleaver still seems to hit harder~
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-19 00:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there's this guy too...
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-19 00:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping SE makes there a way to get the WS w/out having to have the actual weapon, kinda like nyzul Weaponskills.

Seems like SE is trying to force people to do certain magian paths, dunno that's just how I see it x;
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-19 00:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
I'm hoping SE makes there a way to get the WS w/out having to have the actual weapon, kinda like nyzul Weaponskills.

Seems like SE is trying to force people to do certain magian paths, dunno that's just how I see it x;

I wish. My play time really sucks right now.

Too much work in real life lately... I honestly don't have time for so many magian trials at the moment.

Having access to the WS, without actually completing the weapon...would be nice. (Like mythic WSs)
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-19 01:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:

Yah, would be great if later on, there were even Magian quests to "Release" the weapon skill from the weapon, so that Relic Weapon uses can still use the best DPS weapon, and hte best WS... after those relic trials, they deserve it><

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Was reading some more, some other dude says its been averaging for about 1.6k in abyssea, still better than guillotine, 2k ish when DA procs. Torcleaver still seems to hit harder~

My Guillotine's easily average 1600 in Abyssea... (Rarely see below 1500) though I do have Atma of VV, but then again, who doesn't now?

Guillotine doesn't scale with gear the same way something like Tachi: Gekko would, so I don't see how anyone could really not have fairly close numbers to mine, and 1600 avrg doesn't seem to "Easily" beat guillotine, and hell, I can spike 2000+ In Abyssea and Walk of Echoes (? Dunno how similar they are, no atma though) so I really would like to see some real research with Quietus.
By hexagram23 2010-10-23 16:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f400/hexagramFFXI/Q3.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f400/hexagramFFXI/Q2.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f400/hexagramFFXI/Q1.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f400/hexagramFFXI/Q4.jpg

I'm "that guy" with Quietus.

I'm sure you can hit 1600ish Guillotines on Abyssean NMs, but with what buffs? I have no atmas to speak of and had zero buffs on those NMs, aside from Yellow Curry.

Obviously an atma like VV would ramp up Guillotine damage....it's 50 more STR and 10% DA. Keep in mind any numbers I post are without VV or Stout Arm. My LS tends to farm mage/tank atma so I don't have anything that would boost WS damage. If I had VV obviously Quietus would do more than Guillotine because with that buff you're barely doing what Quietus does without it.

That's not even taking into account the SC properties, because now we can 2 step Darkness everytime Sekknoki is up.
[+]
By hexagram23 2010-10-23 16:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the link from above, I fixed the pics:

[+]
 Titan.Xaveron
Server: Titan
user: Xaveron
By Titan.Xaveron 2010-10-23 23:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

NICE!!! :)
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-23 23:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

hexagram23 said:
Here is the link from above, I fixed the pics:

Meaningless without seeing your gearsets, food, and telling us your buffs.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-24 00:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

hexagram23 said:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f400/hexagramFFXI/Q3.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f400/hexagramFFXI/Q2.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f400/hexagramFFXI/Q1.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f400/hexagramFFXI/Q4.jpg

I'm "that guy" with Quietus.

I'm sure you can hit 1600ish Guillotines on Abyssean NMs, but with what buffs? I have no atmas to speak of and had zero buffs on those NMs, aside from Yellow Curry.

Obviously an atma like VV would ramp up Guillotine damage....it's 50 more STR and 10% DA. Keep in mind any numbers I post are without VV or Stout Arm. My LS tends to farm mage/tank atma so I don't have anything that would boost WS damage. If I had VV obviously Quietus would do more than Guillotine because with that buff you're barely doing what Quietus does without it.

That's not even taking into account the SC properties, because now we can 2 step Darkness everytime Sekknoki is up.

That's good if it's true. It looks like the wsc's might be significant if your Jailer of Justice strike is 400 points lower than your Geirmund Strike. I'll know soon enough, 20/30 Birth coins (All I get are Glory Pouches though, I've tossed enough to make every Warrior in this game scream, and that's AFTER finishing the Tobi+1...)

[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-24 00:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

from what the people in the alla thread said its 35%str 50%mnd
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-24 00:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:

I was hoping to see a bit more STR (50%) on there, maybe with 50% Mind, it's worth using 2x Aqua over Vulcan2x.
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-24 00:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

I was hoping to see a bit more STR (50%) on there, maybe with 50% Mind, it's worth using 2x Aqua over Vulcan2x.

sounds like a waste of effort either way
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-24 01:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

Well, the simple fact that it's got an STR mod makes it likely to "Age" Better than Torcleaver will, Quietus looks like a much needed Single-hit High Damage attack for Scythe, the DPS difference between Scythe and Greatsword probably makes them come out very close in the end.
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-24 01:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

Well, the simple fact that it's got an STR mod makes it likely to "Age" Better than Torcleaver will, Quietus looks like a much needed Single-hit High Damage attack for Scythe, the DPS difference between Scythe and Greatsword probably makes them come out very close in the end.

I fail to see your reasoning :| If youre not gonna do a masamune, why go for the bottom tier weapon as it would seem at this point when theyre all momentous amounts of work
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-10-24 01:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:

I fail to see your reasoning :| If youre not gonna do a masamune, why go for the bottom tier weapon as it would seem at this point when theyre all momentous amounts of work
Hate sam and Drk is your only job?
and hate gs for whatever reason...
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15