Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-14 00:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I guess you forgot to add the part where there's also a cap on Fstr

Which do you think is harder to beat sir? (Excluding atma because its made both irrelevant)
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-14 00:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
I'm going to bed, think about this math equation: is 1*2 + 1*.75 > 1*1 + 1*1 That's basically the point I'm making with attack vs pdif. Its in the equation twice, its clearly better point for point.
Well not *** ***shirlock. It's pretty obvious that 1 str is better than 1 attack. The only thing is that you can generally get a lot more attack in 1 slot than you can str and we're not going to have a 1:1 ratio in our comparison.

Well no *** ***. THERE IS A CAP ON ATTACK.

HEY GUYS HASTE IS BETTER THAN EVERYTHIGN ELSE LETS STACK 40 HASTE ON GEAR CAUSE ITS BETTER> WHAT!? THERE IS A CAP!? OMG WHEN WAS THERE EVER A CAP? YOU MEAN ALL THIS HASTE IS DOING NOTHING?

Translated:

HEY GUYS ATTACK IS BETTER THAN STR LETS STACK AS MUCH ATTACK AS POSSIBLE CAUSE ITS BETTER> WHAT!? THERE IS A CAP!? OMG WHEN WAS THERE EVER A CAP? YOU MEAN ALL MY ATTACK IS DOING NOTHING NOW!?

Calm down dude x;
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-14 00:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
I'm going to bed, think about this math equation: is 1*2 + 1*.75 > 1*1 + 1*1 That's basically the point I'm making with attack vs pdif. Its in the equation twice, its clearly better point for point.
Well not *** ***shirlock. It's pretty obvious that 1 str is better than 1 attack. The only thing is that you can generally get a lot more attack in 1 slot than you can str and we're not going to have a 1:1 ratio in our comparison.
Well no *** ***. THERE IS A CAP ON ATTACK. HEY GUYS HASTE IS BETTER THAN EVERYTHIGN ELSE LETS STACK 40 HASTE ON GEAR CAUSE ITS BETTER> WHAT!? THERE IS A CAP!? OMG WHEN WAS THERE EVER A CAP? YOU MEAN ALL THIS HASTE IS DOING NOTHING? Translated: HEY GUYS ATTACK IS BETTER THAN STR LETS STACK AS MUCH ATTACK AS POSSIBLE CAUSE ITS BETTER> WHAT!? THERE IS A CAP!? OMG WHEN WAS THERE EVER A CAP? YOU MEAN ALL MY ATTACK IS DOING NOTHING NOW!?
Calm down dude x;

I'm not mad but jesus, don't come to a forum looking for help if you're too thick headed to listen to basic ***.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-14 00:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no reason to exclude atma. Why? Because if you don't have it, you don't have it, get it.

That's about as relevant of a question as saying to exclude food in a comparison.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-14 00:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
There's no reason to exclude atma. Why? Because if you don't have it, you don't have it, get it.

That's about as relevant of a question as saying to exclude food in a comparison.
But the birdies eat it!!!

***I'm a few months too late aren't I?
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-14 00:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
There's no reason to exclude atma. Why? Because if you don't have it, you don't have it, get it. That's about as relevant of a question as saying to exclude food in a comparison.

No that's not the point sir. This is the point:

Before atma:

1. STR is more valuable than attack
2. Attack has a cap
3. There are multiple buffs and foods in game that supply large ammounts of attack.
4. It is easier to cap attack than STR

THEREFORE:
You stack STR on gear and use attack buffs for optimal performance.

After Atma:

Its easy as *** to cap both and you should just stack double attack and WS mods.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-14 00:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt come here looking for help, I came here asking what people thought about the build. I just think you are being a bit to over protective of your relic. Which hey I understand, I love apoc as much as you trust me, I use it all the time.

Also I cap FSTR in my Idle set now, Cata also isnt a pre buffed WS like most single hits that have a huge attack bonus.

Also the 750 Cap on attack isnt that the cap on what? Greater colibri at 75? I would hope now that mobs have Higher defense than that that would deem a higher Attack cap, plus the cap is different depending on what you are fighting.
On anything that has defense that is worth a damn Attack should pull ahead of the few extra STR from your build Vs. Mine.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-14 00:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
I didnt come here looking for help, I came here asking what people thought about the build. I just think you are being a bit to over protective of your relic. Which hey I understand, I love apoc as much as you trust me, I use it all the time. Also I cap FSTR in my Idle set now, Cata also isnt a pre buffed WS like most single hits that have a huge attack bonus. Also the 750 Cap on attack isnt that the cap on what? Greater colibri at 75? I would hope now that mobs have Higher defense than that that would deem a higher Attack cap, plus the cap is different depending on what you are fighting. On anything that has defense that is worth a damn Attack should pull ahead of the few extra STR from your build Vs. Mine.

It honestly has nothing to do wtih my relic, I hardly play. But I am serious that mathmatically you're build isn't going to be close outside of abysea. I do think you're on to something inside of abysea though with atma. Hopefully you'll get a stronger WS worth spamming than guil which is awfully weak compared to WS in other jobs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-14 00:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
There's no reason to exclude atma. Why? Because if you don't have it, you don't have it, get it. That's about as relevant of a question as saying to exclude food in a comparison.

Before atma:

2. Attack has a cap
3. There are multiple buffs and foods in game that supply large ammounts of attack.

THEREFORE:

After Atma:

Its easy as *** to cap both and you should just stack double attack and WS mods.

I cap FSTR in my Idle set w/ Atma.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-14 00:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Before atma:

2. Attack has a cap

THEREFORE:

After Atma:

Before atma is irrelevant. And while you make points, I like how you made it a number for attack to have a cap, but leave out a number for fstr to have a cap (even if you aren't reaching it, yes it still has a cap).

lol @ old content.

As for after Atma, I was mainly referring to your "Superior" set, that had the exact same amount of DA with more STR on it. Let's say you're capping both attack and fstr, it's still not going to be a superior set, they'd be equal sets.

Lol if you come in and argue "but it has more acc" on a 1 hit WS.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2010-10-14 00:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

cata may have shitty dmg but the drain HP is nice its good when u need health back and your drains are down
[+]
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2010-10-14 00:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @ old content indeed. atmas > all.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-14 00:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
No that's not the point sir. This is the point: Before atma: 1. STR is more valuable than attack 2. Attack has a cap 3. There are multiple buffs and foods in game that supply large ammounts of attack. 4. It is easier to cap attack than STR THEREFORE: You stack STR on gear and use attack buffs for optimal performance. After Atma: Its easy as *** to cap both and you should just stack double attack and WS mods.
Before atma is irrelevant. And while you make points, I like how you made it a number for attack to have a cap, but leave out a number for fstr to have a cap (even if you aren't reaching it, yes it still has a cap). lol @ old content. As for after Atma, I was mainly referring to your "Superior" set, that had the exact same amount of DA with more STR on it. Let's say you're capping both attack and fstr, it's still not going to be a superior set, they'd be equal sets. Lol if you come in and argue "but it has more acc" on a 1 hit WS.

My set was built for pre-abysea. This is no longer the same game quite obviously. You see a few abysea items there and its not even close to done, however, it used to be pretty nice lol. We were debating pre-atma sets before you came into the conversation. Most of the set that was "krischy" approved was clearly not an atma-related set. The accuracy part is relevant on a few mobs but yea overall its pointless.

Oh and the Fstr cap was never a relevant issue before Abysea, You would have needed something like 200 some STR to cap it on hard mobs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-14 00:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said:
cata may have shitty dmg but the drain HP is nice its good when u need health back and your drains are down
Cata is amazing for Tanking, in my opinion it makes DRK the most stable tank in the game, you rarley have to cure an apoc DRK.

But when talking about raw Damage Guillotine beats it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-14 00:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
No that's not the point sir. This is the point: Before atma: 1. STR is more valuable than attack 2. Attack has a cap 3. There are multiple buffs and foods in game that supply large ammounts of attack. 4. It is easier to cap attack than STR THEREFORE: You stack STR on gear and use attack buffs for optimal performance. After Atma: Its easy as *** to cap both and you should just stack double attack and WS mods.
Before atma is irrelevant. And while you make points, I like how you made it a number for attack to have a cap, but leave out a number for fstr to have a cap (even if you aren't reaching it, yes it still has a cap). lol @ old content. As for after Atma, I was mainly referring to your "Superior" set, that had the exact same amount of DA with more STR on it. Let's say you're capping both attack and fstr, it's still not going to be a superior set, they'd be equal sets. Lol if you come in and argue "but it has more acc" on a 1 hit WS.

My set was built for pre-abysea. This is no longer the same game quite obviously. You see a few abysea items there and its not even close to done, however, it used to be pretty nice lol. We were debating pre-atma sets before you came into the conversation. Most of the set that was "krischy" approved was clearly not an atma-related set. The accuracy part is relevant on a few mobs but yea overall its pointless.

Oh and the Fstr cap was never a relevant issue before Abysea, You would have needed something like 200 some STR to cap it on hard mobs.
You can debate two updates ago as much as you want. While we're at it, why not compare Guillotene dmg back when 2hand update first hit and it was broken for a week? Because they share the same amount of relevance.

Also, how's your sleep going? You've been asleep for over 20 mins now according to one of your posts on the previous page.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-14 00:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
But the birdies eat it!!! ***I'm a few months too late aren't I?

I lol'd hard irl.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-14 00:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to pass out, got school in the morning, I will ask Kirschy what she thinks sometime tommorow~

Excel go to sleep Taru D: <
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-10-14 00:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Didn't you say you were going to bed like 20 minutes ago? Just sayin'.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-14 00:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
My set was built for pre-abysea. This is no longer the same game quite obviously. You see a few abysea items there and its not even close to done, however, it used to be pretty nice lol. We were debating pre-atma sets before you came into the conversation. Most of the set that was "krischy" approved was clearly not an atma-related set. The accuracy part is relevant on a few mobs but yea overall its pointless. Oh and the Fstr cap was never a relevant issue before Abysea, You would have needed something like 200 some STR to cap it on hard mobs.
You can debate two updates ago as much as you want. While we're at it, why not compare Guillotene dmg back when 2hand update first hit and it was broken for a week? Because they share the same amount of relevance. Also, how's your sleep going? You've been asleep for over 20 mins now according to one of your posts on the previous page.

Tiger, nice sub :}

Pre-bedtime /trollalalala~
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-14 00:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

fk yea, my ***is boss! I'll probably come to care about it when I am 1 str from capping, which isn't going to happen in Abyssea, lol. (and only losing 1 str from being 38 instead of 42)
[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-14 00:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I was actually wondering this myself. If attack and fstr can both be capped on a TP set, the next best stats would be something between Double Attack and Crit Rate (Depending on atma.) This assumes you have capped haste, or at least the best haste build available for your job, and the most proper X-hit build for said job.

WSs with proper mods do not have a cap (WSC doesn't cap, so stacking STR forever is the way to go if you have a large STR mod on said WS).

I guess what I'm getting to are what numbers does Attack and fstr actually cap at for an abyssean mob? Or are the numbers hazy and untested due to the content being "temporary" and more level caps on the way?
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2010-10-14 00:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Didn't you say you were going to bed like 20 minutes ago? Just sayin'.

Trolls don't sleep.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-14 01:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
I was actually wondering this myself. If attack and fstr can both be capped on a TP set, the next best stats would be something between Double Attack and Crit Rate (Depending on atma.) This assumes you have capped haste, or at least the best haste build available for your job, and the most proper X-hit build for said job.

WSs with proper mods do not have a cap (WSC doesn't cap, so stacking STR forever is the way to go if you have a large STR mod on said WS).

I guess what I'm getting to are what numbers does Attack and fstr actually cap at for an abyssean mob? Or are the numbers hazy and untested due to the content being "temporary" and more level caps on the way?
mob dependant
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-14 01:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

No mention of a Torcleaver build? I figured if we were debating Reckoning and Relic DPS, we'd at least consider the very realistic optimal and confirmed Torcleaver oriented set. Quietus may beat Torcleaver, but it's still as of yet confirmed, however the greatsword weaponskill is the quintessence of undesired sexual penetration. It makes Guillotine look like Dark Harvest, and that's assuming you buffed it with souleater.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-14 01:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:

mob dependant
So is it just something you learn by experience? I'm talking NMs of course, not random exp mobs. (Because who cares?)
I don't really play DD jobs anymore, but would like to try them out again once I get some of those atma and update my gear.
 Fenrir.Kirschy
user: Kirschy
By Fenrir.Kirschy 2010-10-14 01:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone pointed me to this thread =x. Admittingly I didn't read through the whole thing since it's late and I'm about to sleep, but I figured I'd try and clear up any confusion. The set Gradd showed with Onyx was admittingly better than my old set pre-atma. I used a similar set but had worse hands/feet.

What most of you are saying now is true though. With the current ability to equip 2x Atma and Lv85 cap/eq, the gear you should strive for has a few big changes. My current set for WS looks like this:

(I have the lv85 Scythe, I'm just not sure of the item ID number for it, so I can't update it =p.)

It's been working out great for me so far. In terms of being attack capped, I don't find it incredibly easy. I do two types of Abyssea.

#1 With my LS where I get full buffs. COR + BRD, Arrabiata/Red Curry Bun + Eve atma and I'm capped for xp mobs and pop/timed NMs. For some harder stuff I'm not always capped. SW in attowah comes to mind. I had 999 attack on my equipment bar, but I was def not attack capped!

#2 My small static. We mostly do pop/timed NMs, but also some of the harder stuff. Since we're a small static, we don't use cor and between Eve Atma + Arra/RCB I'm not capped on a handful of NMs.

This all said, I've left out what I use for my second atma. I've been playing a lot with different Atma to see how it affects my performance. The three I've been playing with are Gigas(STR/Attack), Minkin(INT+50), and more recently Razed Ruin.

While gigas atma usualli caps off fSTR and attack for me, Razed Ruin has been offering me better performance. For that reason I still keep a good amount of STR/Attack in my WS macro. (Hands, Legs, Back, etc...) I messed with Minkin to see how it would help my WS numbers, and while it did boost my WS around ~120+ avg damage, it wasn't worth it compared to Gigas/RR.

I've also been playing around with Guillotine since my current TP set allows for ~24% haste. But ironicalli with all the buffs in Abyssea Catastrophe outdoes Guillotine on average. Guillotine obviously gets a bigger boost with souleater up though~

Anyway I hope this clears up some confusion~ Thanks!
~Kir
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-14 01:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kirschy said:
I'm not really a Taru
:D
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2010-10-14 01:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why you are so obsessed with the weaponskill numbers Gradd. The damage overall from using a weapon with significantly higher base damage than the weapon skill spamming one is going to be higher. Of course, my mistake is that I always assume that the monster will be alive long enough for DPS to matter. So to correct myself, Apoc is always going to be better, in a long fight. Reckoning could be better or equal in short fights, because Catastrophe's aftermath has no time to build its DPS, and the weaponskill damage matters more. Of course, I don't see what stops the Apoc DRK in this case from making a build almost identical to Reckoning's and still beating it by using Guillotine. Pride? I guess that's it. So what I think is, Reckoning can beat Apoc. If Apoc's user is a tard.

Also I don't know who this Kirschy is, but I don't like the fact that so many people hold her opinion or research in such high esteem. Especially when said people have all the same resources to pull from and know all of the equations. Maybe someone could lol hard at me and enlighten me as to why my ignorance may as well be stupidity?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-14 01:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said:

Also I don't know who this Kirschy is, but I don't like the fact that so many people hold her opinion or research in such high esteem. Especially when said people have all the same resources to pull from and know all of the equations. Maybe someone could lol hard at me and enlighten me as to why my ignorance may as well be stupidity?
Maybe because Kirschy is the resources to pull from in many things in this game. She's personally tested so much in the game and is the reason things like haste being in terms of x/1024 is known as it is. She basically tested all the haste data frame by frame, etc.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7