Apoc Dead?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Apoc dead?
Apoc dead?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-08 00:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Oh so if you can pass a class in college with a C its the same as passing it with an A?
Does graduating college with a C the same thing as graduating with an A?
you get a degree no matter what.

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Oh so if you can buy a watch for $100 but choose to pay $105 for the same watch at the same store then that's the same thing?
wait what? same store, same watch? 2 different prices?
that must be....sales tax

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Your argument is "If I can accomplish X then I'm doing it right" My argument would be: "If I am accomplishing X in such a way that diminishes the value of Y then I accomplishing less than if I had accomplished X without diminishing Y." That's like saying Oh, I saved $10 on water but I overpaid $20 for electric; I'm saving money.
ofcourse you overpaid on electric. too much FFXI

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Edit: I'm starting to see why liberals like obama
lol obama

[+]
 Leviathan.Solanis
Server: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-10-08 05:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Oh so if you can pass a class in college with a C its the same as passing it with an A?
Does graduating college with a C the same thing as graduating with an A? you get a degree no matter what.

hard to get a job with bad grades bro

someone on my server dropped out of college to play ffxi fulltime though, you'd be better off than him. lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-08 06:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's all just do minimal work and wonder why we hit minimal achievements in life.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-08 06:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Does graduating college with a C the same thing as graduating with an A? you get a degree no matter what.
Can you still get one of the greatest jobs in the US as a C+ student?
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-08 06:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

well bush got a C lol
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-08 08:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masekase said:
well bush got a C lol

Bush got a B-.

At one of the most challenging schools in the US.

Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-08 08:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Asura.Masekase said:
well bush got a C lol
Bush got a B-. At one of the most challenging schools in the US.

College grades don't mean ***in "real life". I know a lot of students who get As in their classes but in actual application of that information they have no clue what they're doing. Grades are important and shouldn't be undervalued but they aren't the best way to measure someone's success in school. The point I was making is that you should always try for an A, if you're happy just trying for a C then you're either lazy or stupid.
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-08 09:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Asura.Masekase said:
well bush got a C lol

College grades don't mean ***in "real life". I know a lot of students who get As in their classes but in actual application of that information they have no clue what they're doing. Grades are important and shouldn't be undervalued but they aren't the best way to measure someone's success in school. The point I was making is that you should always try for an A, if you're happy just trying for a C then you're either lazy or stupid.

I agree with that 100%.

I was just saying, don't try and call the man an idiot when he managed to scrape a good grade a school much harder than what said person calling him out probably had to deal with.

Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-08 09:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Asura.Masekase said:
well bush got a C lol
I agree with that 100%. I was just saying, don't try and call the man an idiot when he managed to scrape a good grade a school much harder than what said person calling him out probably had to deal with.

Anyone who has ever taken a good math class has had to do a ton of word problems. These problems allow you to use the knowledge you've gained to solve real problems. This properly shows the difference between artifical knowledge(memorization of facts), and substantial knowledge(ability to critically think). I think if all classes, not just math, required you to do these exercises via essays on social problems or the like then you'd see a lot more people failing out of college. You'd also see a lot more graduates who are significantly more intelligent and better qualified for jobs. There are a lot of really good community colleges for this reason, because state colleges don't always do this. Oh, and I'm not quoting you because I disagree with you in any way, I'm just quoting you as reference from where the conversation is originating from.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9