CA: Marijuana legalization
First Page 2 ... 17 18 19
 Unicorn.Marrs
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-04 21:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care much to start an argument on pro's rather I'd like to hear the opinion of people who can be against it and then we start from there. Because, personally, after reviewing the subject widely, I can't imagine that anyone would be against it for a logical reason in a world where alcohol is legal, unless, they're going to also argue it should be as well, along with maybe, cigarettes.
[+]
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
Server: Ramuh
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-08-04 21:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

im glad i moved to washington :o
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-08-04 21:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Reasons? Same old shitty propaganda they've been pushing since the 30's:

1) If you use it, you WILL kill people

2) If you use it, you will go INSANE

3) If you use it, you will become a heroin addict

4) If you use it, you undermine national security (support communism/terrorism depending on the decade)

5) If you use it, you will withdraw from society, lose all goals, and become a LOSER

6) If you use it, you will permanently damage your brain
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
Server: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-04 21:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Chuuuuu said:

See this is exactly what I mean, how pointless was this post? Like another poster in another thread "just my opinion it shouldn't be". Wheres the intellectual dialogue? Do you have some?
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-04 21:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my biggest issue would be people driving high.
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-08-04 21:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 21:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Hey guys~
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-04 21:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all that different from people driving drunk, so we're back to
Unicorn.Marrs said:
I can't imagine that anyone would be against it for a logical reason in a world where alcohol is legal, unless, they're going to also argue it should be as well, along with maybe, cigarettes.

Falls under DUI laws easily enough as well.

EDIT: I'm neutral on this as I don't do marijuana and have no real interest in trying it, just thought it was a point worth making.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-04 21:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never liked it, personally. I'm a drunkard, not a pothead!
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-08-04 21:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:

It isn't the same thing as driving drunk. I'd rather smoke a blunt than drink a beer. I have a feeling that we are in a time of Marijuana's 'Prohibition', Maybe they'll legalize it, one day.
[+]
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
Server: Ramuh
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-08-04 21:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Chuuuuu said:

See this is exactly what I mean, how pointless was this post? Like another poster in another thread "just my opinion it shouldn't be". Wheres the intellectual dialogue? Do you have some?
nope! DERP!
[+]
By Zekko 2010-08-04 21:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:

People still drink drive even though it's illegal. I've drove before baked. ***is easy.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-08-04 21:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be illegal so you can't have things that make you happy.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-04 21:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Fairy.Spence said:

It isn't the same thing as driving drunk. I'd rather smoke a blunt than drink a beer. I have a feeling that we are in a time of Marijuana's 'Prohibition', Maybe they'll legalize it, one day.
I'll take vodka or whiskey over both :o Despise beer though.
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-04 21:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Not advocating driving stoned, but it does differ from person to person.

I know one person for example, that can do so perfectly fine. I know another that can't drive for sh-t.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-04 21:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So we should legalize it because it is less dangerous then alcohol? there are a lot of illegal things less dangerous then alcohol, should we legalize every single one of them? is alcohol the bar? everything more dangerous is illegal, everything less dangerous is legal? The alcohol thing is the first thing EVERY pro marijuana person goes to, and it falls flat.
[+]
By Zekko 2010-08-04 21:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Zekko said:
Fairy.Spence said:

People still drink drive even though it's illegal. I've drove before baked. ***is easy.

Driven...?

Indeed.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-04 21:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
I can't imagine that anyone would be against it for a logical reason in a world where alcohol is legal, unless, they're going to also argue it should be as well, along with maybe, cigarettes.

Falls under DUI laws easily enough though.

Yes, I know. How would they test it? Is there any efficient way to do it quickly? How do you gauge the level of intoxication that would deem you unfit to drive? I know a hell of a lot of people who have no problem driving high, I think it'd only make it worse if it was legalized.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-08-04 21:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Fairy.Spence said:
I'll take vodka or whiskey over both :o Despise beer though.

I can stand whiskey more than beer, I hate beer.. Honestly, never tried weed, but I've never heard "Stoner hits 12 kids and drives away." but I hear "4 dead after collision with drunk driver." every other day.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 21:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The only negative issue I can see with marijuana is it effects different people, very different. I've never had slow motor skills while high so driving high honestly effects me in no way. I'm normal. It if anything, relaxes me and that's it.

Some people aren't like that and it's just as bad as drunk driving, it's not an issue for me personally, but I understand it is for a lot of people, which makes it a hard issue.

You have to understand the government has made *** propaganda of pot and many other things for years, for political and taxing purposes. It's not been heavily tested to show a lot of negative side effects and in all honesty is much safer than tobacco.

If you couldn't grow weed in your house then it could easily be taxed and companies would make and sell it, but why would you buy expensive weed from companies when you can get it cheaper growing your own? That's why it's illegal and only that really.

Anyone who is against legalization of it honestly has just had a bad experience with some strong *** ***that may have even been laced with other drugs, or they are just listening to propaganda without researching.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-04 21:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
The only negative issue I can see with marijuana is it effects different people, very different. I've never had slow motor skills while high so driving high honestly effects me in no way. I'm normal. It if anything, relaxes me and that's it.

Some people aren't like that and it's just as bad as drunk driving, it's not an issue for me personally, but I understand it is for a lot of people, which makes it a hard issue.

You have proof it doesn't effect you? I can drink a 6 pack and feel fine to drive, that doesn't mean I am.
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-04 21:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:

Anyone who is against legalization of it honestly has just had a bad experience with some strong *** ***that may have even been laced with other drugs, or they are just listening to propaganda without researching.
^
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-04 21:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:

Falls under DUI laws easily enough though.

Yes, I know. How would they test it? Is there any efficient way to do it quickly? How do you gauge the level of intoxication that would deem you unfit to drive? I know a hell of a lot of people who have no problem driving high, I think it'd only make it worse if it was legalized.
Honestly my policy on driving is if you're under the influence of anything of this sort you shouldn't be behind the wheel, no matter how much or little. I can hold my liquor better than most people I know (but I rarely drink, go figure), but if I have even one alcoholic beverage I'm either walking, handing off the keys, or sleeping there.

That said, I think marijuana stays in your system longer than alcohol so I'm not sure if you'd see false positives from a test.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-04 22:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
So we should legalize it because it is less dangerous then alcohol? there are a lot of illegal things less dangerous then alcohol, should we legalize every single one of them? is alcohol the bar? everything more dangerous is illegal, everything less dangerous is legal? The alcohol thing is the first thing EVERY pro marijuana person goes to, and it falls flat.

Hey, get your head out of your *** and look to actually see if your ideas are backing in the real world and not just on paper.

Its horrible logic, "well they get to do this, so why cant i do this?" its a logical fallacy, but im too lazy to look up which one

Edit: im not pro or anti pot, im saying the alcohol reasoning is bad reasoning
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-04 22:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Honestly my policy on driving is if you're under the influence of anything of this sort you shouldn't be behind the wheel, no matter how much or little. I can hold my liquor better than most people I know (but I rarely drink, go figure), but if I have even one alcoholic beverage I'm either walking, handing off the keys, or sleeping there.

That said, I think marijuana stays in your system longer than alcohol so I'm not sure if you'd see false positives from a test.

Other people are not so sensible.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-04 22:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Other people are not so sensible.
Sadly true. That's what laws are for though.
First Page 2 ... 17 18 19