<3 Christianity <3
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-21 15:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Magnu, the bible was written by man, not God.

Also; NOWHERE in the Bible does it say " I Will rejoice when your soldiers die, when your women dance and succumb to disease. I will watch and laugh when the heads of homosexuals explode for having relations."

Also, Corinthians was a letter from St Paul to the Corinthians, not a letter from God >_>

Gods message was Love, peace. Jesus taught us Tolerance, to love our neighbor regardless of race/ color or creed (Hello, Good Samaritan! Maybe you should read that story Magnu ;) )

There is corruption everywhere, and messages that held relevance 2000 years ago might not ring with the same intention that it should do now. This is where things get messy:

1) Do you corrupt the word of god to suit your own needs? Become an out-spoken *** because there's something that YOU don't agree with, so you'll twist His word to give you a 'noble reason' to eliminate what bugs you?

or

2) Do you live true to his word, without corruption, without hate, greed. Do you understand the messages well of peace, love, tolerance, to care for eachother, to open your doors to someone in need, to put a smile on someone's face when they need it?

Imo, there's too much of number 1 and not enough of number 2.
It shouldn't matter what religion you are, it's how you live that should matter. That being said; Please don't tar us all with the same brush. Not only is it insulting us, but it's also making you look like a narrow-minded nitwit with nothing better to do than create a shitstorm because you're bored during maintenance.
[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-21 15:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Diabolos.Gira said:
I'm not sure if that youtube clip repulsed me... because I was cracking up... For those wondering, I'm a gay Christian... and I think it's funny when people think the bible is anti-gay and that being a hatefilled bigot is the message Jesus left in his place. This was a funny parody, but if they actually did that for-serious and think they're doing God's work... sorry, that's even funnier, 'cuz it's sad.
Asura.Israfel said:
Please don't compare the likes of Westboro baptist church to Christians. They couldn't be more twisted, seriously.
Word.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Leviticus 20:13 13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
That's not KJV which is by most the utmost standard.
KJV translates 1Cor 6:9 as:
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

you know they didn't use the word homosexual back in the day. come on.
the leviticus quote really is about the same either way.

After I finished my response I saw this in the posts above me, and it made me smile to see someone else point out that the KJV is the bible to trust, and the NIV is craaap!

Sad irony, reading the NIV bible may be one of the quicker ways to hell! lol...
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-21 15:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Israfel said:
Magnu, the bible was written by man, not God.

Also; NOWHERE in the Bible does it say " I Will rejoice when your soldiers die, when your women dance and succumb to disease. I will watch and laugh when the heads of homosexuals explode for having relations."

Also, Corinthians was a letter from St Paul to the Corinthians, not a letter from God >_>

Gods message was Love, peace. Jesus taught us Tolerance, to love our neighbor regardless of race/ color or creed (Hello, Good Samaritan! Maybe you should read that story Magnu ;) )

There is corruption everywhere, and messages that held relevance 2000 years ago might not ring with the same intention that it should do now. This is where things get messy:

1) Do you corrupt the word of god to suit your own needs? Become an out-spoken *** because there's something that YOU don't agree with, so you'll twist His word to give you a 'noble reason' to eliminate what bugs you?

or

2) Do you live true to his word, without corruption, without hate, greed. Do you understand the messages well of peace, love, tolerance, to care for eachother, to open your doors to someone in need, to put a smile on someone's face when they need it?

Imo, there's too much of number 1 and not enough of number 2.
It shouldn't matter what religion you are, it's how you live that should matter. That being said; Please don't tar us all with the same brush. Not only is it insulting us, but it's also making you look like a narrow-minded nitwit with nothing better to do than create a shitstorm because you're bored during maintenance.

There's plenty of #2 I think, it just doesn't make the 5 o'clock news.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 15:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
... Why won't FFXIAH let this ***die? I'm so tired of religion topics. Hell I love chatting about stuff in detail, but this religion stuff is getting tiring.

inb4 someone says "no one asked you to click the topic". I still know the topic is here, its on the frontpage as they always are every other day!
If you are tired of religious topics, why take the time and the effort to post a pointless response and just bump the topic further on the front page? YOU ARE HELPING IT LIVE
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-21 15:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Amen Smileybone ; ;

Also at Banga: old meme is old, and I'm far from mad, akshually quite happy! :O
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-21 15:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
... Why won't FFXIAH let this ***die? I'm so tired of religion topics. Hell I love chatting about stuff in detail, but this religion stuff is getting tiring.

inb4 someone says "no one asked you to click the topic". I still know the topic is here, its on the frontpage as they always are every other day!

So just don't click on them, <_< it's your own fault if you can't fight your impulses when you damn well know what's going to be in every single thread that has Christian, Christianity, Jesus, God, Religion, Bible, Church, Belief, etc etc in the title. This is the religion section, maybe petition the admins to make the politics and religion section like the flame core, where you have to specifically go to it and it doesn't show up in the forum list on the front page.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Waraurochs
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Waraurochs 2010-06-21 15:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-21 15:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:

If you are tired of religious topics, why take the time and the effort to post a pointless response and just bump the topic further on the front page? YOU ARE HELPING IT LIVE

That was awesome... Also, I rated you up because someone had the nerve to rate you down for this! lol... priceless!

*high five*
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 15:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The only Bible to "trust" is the original. Any translation of the Bible will be biased at one point or another. Also, newer translations are further from the "truth" than the Old testament. If you want a translation that is closest to the "truth" the old testament is where its at seeing as how it was written (supposedly) during the time of God so it has had less time to morph and become lies.

Quick experiment. Grab a group of friends. Sit in a circle. Wisper a secret to one of them next to you. Follow this all the way around until the secret gets back to you. 9/10, the secret told to you will be completely different than what you told originally.

the bible works the same way.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-21 15:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

@Waraurochs: Nice pic, but we're not all like that >_>
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Bangarang
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Bangarang
By Midgardsormr.Bangarang 2010-06-21 15:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Waraurochs said:

I always get a kick outta that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 15:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:

I wouldn't be fulfilling my role as a ffxiah regular if I didn't point out this thread sucks >.>
its ok to point out it sucks...but don't ask it to die when you are continuing to bump it >.>
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-21 15:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Diabolos.Gira said:
I'm not sure if that youtube clip repulsed me... because I was cracking up... For those wondering, I'm a gay Christian... and I think it's funny when people think the bible is anti-gay and that being a hatefilled bigot is the message Jesus left in his place. This was a funny parody, but if they actually did that for-serious and think they're doing God's work... sorry, that's even funnier, 'cuz it's sad.
Asura.Israfel said:
Please don't compare the likes of Westboro baptist church to Christians. They couldn't be more twisted, seriously.
Word.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Leviticus 20:13 13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

I'm sorry, but what exactly am I missing?

The bible is full of bigotry..

The Westboro Baptist church is NOT an extremist group. They are simply just enforcing what the bible actually says.

I don't feel like going into a biblical lesson on an FFXI forum, sufficive to say I know more about the bible in general than most reverends and have read more scholarly essays on the matter than most among those interested specifically in "homosexuality in the bible."

For starters, since the word "homosexual" was in the quote I'm going to assume you quoted the New International Version of the bible... Don't do that, it's a horrible translation. The word "homosexual" didn't exist back then, fact. They changed a line that spoke of substance abusers to be homosexual. "Abusers of themselves with mankind" was the line in the KJV. There was no gender specificity on the alleged "abusers" and mankind means men and women unless otherwise specified by context (IE: womankind being juxtaposed). Yet, like magic, this line turns into "homosexuals" because the conservatives wanted to fabricate more hate scripture.

Moving on:

If you want to actually learn more about it, go here:
http://www.gaychristiansurvivors.com/

Author of the site is a personal friend of mine, and he explains the levitical law you're referencing. And he does so in a very elegant manner that I cannot properly reproduce, only copy/paste.
yup already hit on yer first point, don't know or care about the rest though.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Bangarang
By Midgardsormr.Bangarang 2010-06-21 15:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Midgardsormr.Bangarang said:
Diabolos.Gira said:
Asura.Israfel said:
Word.

The Westboro Baptist church is NOT an extremist group. They are simply just enforcing what the bible actually says.

Yeah the bible also talks about animal sacrafices too, yet you don't really see anyone doing that.. Masturbation is also condemned by the bible, I see no signs saying 'God hates Masturbators'

Actually. ..

I knew someone was going to post that, but that doesn't really count.. That's just a joke.. I'm talking about the big neon colored signs that they have saying God hates *** and Thank God for Dead Soldiers and the like. Not one says God hates Masturbators.

And here we go

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-21 15:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
The only Bible to "trust" is the original. Any translation of the Bible will be biased at one point or another. Also, newer translations are further from the "truth" than the Old testament. If you want a translation that is closest to the "truth" the old testament is where its at seeing as how it was written (supposedly) during the time of God so it has had less time to morph and become lies.

Quick experiment. Grab a group of friends. Sit in a circle. Wisper a secret to one of them next to you. Follow this all the way around until the secret gets back to you. 9/10, the secret told to you will be completely different than what you told originally.

the bible works the same way.
It doesn't really work out that way either.
The bible as we know it today is a reproduction of a reproduction of a reproduction.
You know how much ***was most likely lost in translating the bible into the english language?
there's a lot of ***the catholic church twisted around to be in their favor back in the day.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-21 15:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:

it's because you keep on bumping it with your bitching i'd assume, if not you someone else will.
It's just a hot topic of controversy, get over it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Waraurochs
By Ragnarok.Waraurochs 2010-06-21 15:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-21 15:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oroborus said:
Seraph.Xdudemanx said:
sigh

^ this ^

I don't really follow any religion as far as beliefs go, personally I like to stay out of all of it because what I believe no one religion has it right, and no one religion has it wrong. It's just one man's opinion. I'm not by any means a spiritual person in the first place but the Lady Gaga video... Really??? **tilts head sideways**

No one can provide concrete physical evidence to whether God(s) exist or not. Some people need some kind of direction in life and they find it in religion for some reason and that's the direction they choose to take, its there choice. Everyon just needs to understand that there's 2 kinds of people on this planet... There's PEOPLE that can think for themselves and make their own choices and then you have SHEEPLE and that's the people you see going to church every Sunday or w/e day they go (Hello... "The Lord is my shepherd" BAAAA BAAA BAAA)

Hold that thought... there just might be a God after all...

MY *** UPDATE FINALLY STARTED HOLY *** ***PRAISE THE LORD...

You're forgetting another key part about why religion exists... As far as we know, we're the only species that actually worries about our mortality and have problems coping with the fact that one day, we will die (every animal has survival instinct, but that =/= not being able to come to terms with mortality). Somehow, it makes it easier knowing that when your body gives out, you don't just fade into a black nothingness of no consciousness or existence, instead (assuming you've been a good little boy or girl) you get to exist in eternal happiness and splendor..
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-21 15:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

/like

Though, on the loopholes one, I can throw mud in the gears of scientific explanation with science itself. I don't buy the scientific crap with all the shady ***evolutionists have done. Need I remind people of Lucy? The "missing link" that conveniently disappeared as soon as it's integrity was being called into question? And there have been missing link skeletons recreated from fragments of what was later found to be part of a pig.

You can't prove evolution (yet).
You can't prove God.
Either one can be right.
Or possibly Neither.
Or possibly a bit of both.

I could go on with my personal musing but prefer not to at this time.

So help me if you guys distract me from the first precious minutes of the new update!

I will curse you so hard with the vengence of 10,000 Gods and or demons that will hear me ***!!!

... hail Altana!

I will say this though:

Atheists mock Christians for believing in what could all be a grand delusion with no proof to show for it, yet they hold up STILL UNPROVEN science as if it is an undeniable truth and think anyone who isn't in their camp is an idiot. (not EVERY atheist but most)

And Atheist are those who align themselves with a vast seemingly autonomous mass of other people of like mind who believe in and promote the same unproven ideas as fact and laugh at those who think otherwise.

Seriously... You Atheist are one crusade away from being your own damn religion...
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-21 15:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
wall of deluded christian ramblings(not saying all christians are, but you seem to be a bit leaning to that side)

How can you not prove evolution? hell even the catholic church accepts evolution to an extent.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-21 15:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Asura.Israfel said:
Word.

Yeah the bible also talks about animal sacrafices too, yet you don't really see anyone doing that.. Masturbation is also condemned by the bible, I see no signs saying 'God hates Masturbators'

Actually. ..

I knew someone was going to post that, but that doesn't really count.. That's just a joke.. I'm talking about the big neon colored signs that they have saying God hates *** and Thank God for Dead Soldiers and the like. Not one says God hates Masturbators.

And here we go

K so I was wrong, now show me where they're doing animal sacrafices, complete with altar and blood letting and everything. If I cared to I could rattle off some other 'rules' that aren't followed as well.. But I really don't want to go through with all that.. My point still stands, like nearly every christian I've ever met, they pick and choose which rules/regulations they want to follow and *** the rest.
 Ragnarok.Waraurochs
By Ragnarok.Waraurochs 2010-06-21 15:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Bangarang
By Midgardsormr.Bangarang 2010-06-21 15:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:

Seriously... You Atheist are one crusade away from being your own damn religion...

I can haz shield and sword?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-21 15:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i've always lol'd at this one
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-21 15:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:

it's because you keep on bumping it with your bitching i'd assume, if not you someone else will.
It's just a hot topic of controversy, get over it.

Screw you!
when and where?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13