Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-06-21 20:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Lol Israfel, I appreciate your kindness but, it's fine. I understand where he's coming from on this situation... and no you can't prove to someone who has no faith in God that he exists, but I have one thing to say.

I have one thing to say. I can debate this with you since nature is my god so I do get a part in here as a belief in gods.
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Lol Israfel,but I have one thing to say.

Look around you. Look outside. Look at your pet. Look at your family. How can 1 cell, 1 CELL that appeared out of NO WHERE create all of this? It HAS to be God.

And ok, sure, say there was 1 Cell that started it all, tell me where that Cell came from if there was absolutely NOTHING in the beginning?

Your argument is horribly fallacious. If something came from "nothing" as you say and then want to know where that cell came from.

All I have to say is that there's no way that you can make this entire world from nothing, it has to be God. The God that gave his son up to die on the cross to take up all our sins.

If nothing I've said has even caused a challenge to you, then I'm sorry.

God loves you.
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-06-21 20:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

GD you got to it too fast Spicyryan! Anyways..

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Vivicide
Server: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-06-21 23:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Asura.Israfel said:
Spicytaru, stop being mean! :(
He answered your question in the best way he could and you're still picking at him.

Can't we all just have a little tolerance on both sides?

Awesome, we have a bunch of people here that don't believe in God, that's fine and dandy.

But pleasepleasepleasepleaaaaaaase stop with the "Well we don't believe in it so you prove to us it exists". You're all just asking for arguments when we should just give a nod and say "Well, it's your beliefs so enjoy!" (That goes for people on both sides of the fence O:<)
I know not everyone can practice tolerance, but it'd be nice if we could atleast try?

Lol Israfel, I appreciate your kindness but, it's fine. I understand where he's coming from on this situation... and no you can't prove to someone who has no faith in God that he exists, but I have one thing to say.

Look around you. Look outside. Look at your pet. Look at your family. How can 1 cell, 1 CELL that appeared out of NO WHERE create all of this? It HAS to be God.

And ok, sure, say there was 1 Cell that started it all, tell me where that Cell came from if there was absolutely NOTHING in the beginning?

People can explain this just as well as you can explain where god came from.

edit: The difference is that scientists are trying to find out why/if it really happened that way, rather then just believing it did.

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Vivicide
Server: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-06-21 23:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't ask these questions Spicy, that is heresy. Heresy was once punishable by death. Ironic isn't it? Although that is far from the truth now, the pope has actually said science is a good thing. Gee, you think? the electricity flowing though the Vatican wouldn't be possible without the heretics it once condemned.

Here is an interesting question. If we were the creations of god, were we his only creations? You will most likely answer yes because the church does not say aliens can exist. For good reason though. That would make us less special.

But on that same thought, if we are the only things he created then what's up with all those stars? That's a lot of useless ***to create just to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Granted it does look very cool and begs questions that deny faith. Would that be considered a test of faith? God sure puts a lot of effort to testing people when he should just know if they will fail or pass, you know being perfect and all.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-22 06:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

At first I was disappointed I missed out getting into the general discussion. But then I soon realized it's probably best I missed the start of the thread as people would most likely get upset and resort to brash and unintelligent responses within their posts or rating down every post they don't agree with (oh noes!), lest their feelings or faith get hurt by those who question that which is deemed dubious.

Anyways, my main issue with religion in general is that there are simply so many contrary and conflicting statements within their own religious lexicon and dogmatic principles which most feed or demand an unyielding degree of absolution and go by an infallible and unquestionable authority figure which all must obey and follow without doubt or question.

This simply goes against any attempt for human progress or advancement; especially in works of coming to terms and having a better understanding about the reality we live in and using that knowledge and understanding to better our lives as a whole.

/opinion (Do I always need this disclaimer?)
 Sylph.Linkk
Server: Sylph
user: Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2010-06-22 10:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Please stop using weak vague arguments. I am so sick and tired of people like you that use the "we can't be 100% sure about anything" as an excuse to be able to justify nonsense. Can you be 100% sure that tomorrow the president of the united states will not be a dog or tomorrow a worm will take over the world? By your (weak) argument we have to consider those possibilities. And claiming just because we don't know for sure we should keep a little room open for considering the possibility like it's a 50/50 chance. Sounds ridiculous don't you think?

There are some things that has such a low probability of happening that we don't even need to consider it. Like 2+2= something other then 4. We do start to consider things when there is evidence that warrants it. As it stands, there is no information or evidence that warrants the belief in some all powerful being that created everything other then the ramblings of ancient people that clearly knew very little about the world. You have the nerve to talk about "factor in random variables". At least those random variables have some kind of merit/reasoning behind them.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-06-30 10:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Any atheist who uses the Westboro Baptist Church as their weapon of choice in their plight against Christianity is either a moron or grasping at straws. There are plenty of theists in the world, Christians included, who know how full of ***they are.

The only people that agree with Westboro Baptist Church is Westboro Baptist Church. No sane human being actually agrees with protesting the funerals of soldiers or homosexuals. They misconstrue the Bible to fit their own agenda, like every other high profile political/religious/terrorist group.

The Westboro Baptist Church condemns the soldiers who fought for America, yet their weapon of choice is hateful words protected under the First Amendment, and disruptive protests at their funerals, also protected under the First Amendment.

If you can't see the gross irony in that when you use this church as fuel for your pathetic attempts to bring down religion, then you are even more idiotic than everyone originally thought.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-07-16 08:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:

Thank God, we're an going to hell...

Fixed

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-17 21:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Xdudemanx said:
sigh
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-07-17 21:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I've stated my thoughts on religion in multiple threads and at this point it's beating a dead horse. I just wanted an excuse to post Eddie Izzard because he's my favorite. Carry on!
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-17 21:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

as if writing down 5 paragraphs makes a difference to the world.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-17 22:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
as if writing down 5 paragraphs makes a difference to the world.
In that light, as if posting one's opinion on a gaming forum makes a difference to the world. e_e

Regardless, I did read Liela's post waaay back when, and I personally thought it was a good read, understanding her point of view. :)
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-17 22:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading others opinions makes a difference for yourself, now when everyone starts jumping on their throats and fighting, that's when it gets as pointless as people trolling and destroying a thread.

Thats my 2 cents for this thread.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-07-19 23:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Reading others opinions makes a difference for yourself, now when everyone starts jumping on their throats and fighting, that's when it gets as pointless as people trolling and destroying a thread. Thats my 2 cents for this thread.

You have a point.. But that is better than the normal way religious people handle things such as this...

Cutting people's heads off...

Stoning them...

Flying airplanes into skyscrapers...

You know.. The ussual..
By semimmortal 2010-07-20 01:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13