Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-21 18:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Xet said:
@dubont. If thats your faith that unicorns exist then no matter what i say you wont change it right? You will understand that but the fact you dont have faith in unicorns still will make it hard to understand faith. until you have faith you cannot understand it. EDIT: PAGE 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so basically, I don't understand anything until I've done it/seen it/felt it/had it w/e. This pretty much says "I'm a believer for absolutely no reason." You have no other argument than "I just do."
I'm curious Dubont, what do you believe in? If you can explain in more than a few words.
Why not just beleive in. Cause in effect? Things happen which cause other things to happen in a rediculous complicated manner.

Or to put an ism to it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determinism
I'm moree of an existentialist than anything
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 18:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
God never promised to eliminate evil from the world, only punish those who commit evil. Your fun little words do not disprove God. And you cannot create a set up, saying if God existed there would be no evil and then say this person's God can't exist because evil exists (as defined by you).

That's an ill-conceived set up, again... the existence of evil doesn't disprove God or make him a bad god, please read all sources before submitting such things.
That last one actually isn't a cartoon. If you read the bottom it's a quote from a philospher from a long time ago.

And if you read the whole thing it does just that. What use is a "god" that creates a world of misery and suffering? Clearly not a loving creator. In fact that would make him quite malvolent.

Also you can't really pick and chose when you are trying to set a moral example from your own text. Doesn't really jive
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-21 18:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Diabolos.Gira said:
God never promised to eliminate evil from the world, only punish those who commit evil. Your fun little words do not disprove God. And you cannot create a set up, saying if God existed there would be no evil and then say this person's God can't exist because evil exists (as defined by you).

That's an ill-conceived set up, again... the existence of evil doesn't disprove God or make him a bad god, please read all sources before submitting such things.
That last one actually isn't a cartoon. If you read the bottom it's a quote from a philospher from a long time ago.

And if you read the whole thing it does just that. What use is a "god" that creates a world of misery and suffering? Clearly not a loving creator. In fact that would make him quite malvolent.

Also you can't really pick and chose when you are trying to set a moral example from your own text. Doesn't really jive
misery and suffering are more based on your perception of the world, we attach these emotions to things, therefore making an emotional situation.
Human nature is a cruel mistress, animals don't give a *** and I try not to :D
By Nabis 2010-06-21 18:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Any of u held your new born son/daughter. This would make u think about things difrently.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-21 18:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
Any of u held your new born son/daughter. This would make u think about things difrently.
stay out of this nabis, you don't even need to talk about things that require deep though because you have none.
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-21 18:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Diabolos.Gira said:

Clearly simple writing doesn't fly with you. "A political cartoon, a picture of a book, and a few lines of text." Is that better?

Again, you're CREATING standards for God to live up to. Who are you to define God?

Your logic doesn't suffice, I'm sorry... try again.
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-21 18:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Xet said:
Once again i have destroyed another troll/zealot/religion thread by using faith. Took 6 pages tho...
you believe in God just b/c you do...with no other reason which means your beliefs hold no credibility which one could also go on to say that you are psychologically insane...

Edit: Dasva....I see what u did there

We have no proof how most of the brain works but we know it does. That make us all insane cept the ppl that believe the brain doesn't work?
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-06-21 18:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Xet said:
Once again i have destroyed another troll/zealot/religion thread by using faith. Took 6 pages tho...
you believe in God just b/c you do...with no other reason which means your beliefs hold no credibility which one could also go on to say that you are psychologically insane...

We have no proof how most of the brain works but we know it does. That make us all insane cept the ppl that believe the brain doesn't work?
The brain clearly doesn't work, because threads like these keep popping up.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-06-21 19:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Nabis said:
stay out of this nabis, you don't even need to talk about things that require deep though because you have none.

That seemed rather uncalled for. D: You do realize what he's describing is something profound ?
By Zekko 2010-06-21 19:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Diabolos.Gira said:

Hey religion n00b!

God didnt create the world how it is, people have made the world how it is.
 Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-21 19:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Shiva.Xet said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Xet said:

we have a winner
By Nabis 2010-06-21 19:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Nabis said:
stay out of this nabis, you don't even need to talk about things that require deep though"T" because you have none.

I didn't believe till I held my child for the very 1st time.
There is somthing, I can't explain it but it feels real.
 Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-06-21 19:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Diabolos.Gira said:

Hey religion n00b!

That's correct. Humans actually made the world the way it is. As soon as Adam took a bite of the apple, that was the first sin. And with sin, comes evil. That's not saying if he had not taken a bite from the apple, there would have never been sin since, someone else would've sinned. Sin causes sickness as well, that's why there's 5 year olds with cancer. Sin is evil. And God didn't create this world just to punish us. We created the sin, evil, sickness.
Think of God as a parent (whether you're a Christian or not, just "pretend" <.<), your parents didn't let you get away with malicious acts you did, did they? No, they punished you to teach you a lesson.

Think about it.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-06-21 19:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Zekko said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Diabolos.Gira said:

Hey religion n00b!

That's correct. Humans actually made the world the way it is. As soon as Adam took a bite of the apple, that was the first sin. And with sin, comes evil. That's not saying if he had not taken a bite from the apple, there would have never been sin since, someone else would've sinned. Sin causes sickness as well, that's why there's 5 year olds with cancer. Sin is evil. And God didn't create this world just to punish us. We created the sin, evil, sickness.
Think of God as a parent (whether you're a Christian or not, just "pretend" <.<), your parents didn't let you get away with malicious acts you did, did they? No, they punished you to teach you a lesson.

Think about it.

And apparently god created us, just because someone made a bomb doesn't make them any less responsible for the people it kills. Creating us with the capacity to do so is a fallacy in itself no?

Edit: Meant with the capacity to sin in general, not specifically bomb making.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 19:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Diabolos.Gira said:
God never promised to eliminate evil from the world, only punish those who commit evil. Your fun little words do not disprove God. And you cannot create a set up, saying if God existed there would be no evil and then say this person's God can't exist because evil exists (as defined by you). That's an ill-conceived set up, again... the existence of evil doesn't disprove God or make him a bad god, please read all sources before submitting such things.
That last one actually isn't a cartoon. If you read the bottom it's a quote from a philospher from a long time ago. And if you read the whole thing it does just that. What use is a "god" that creates a world of misery and suffering? Clearly not a loving creator. In fact that would make him quite malvolent. Also you can't really pick and chose when you are trying to set a moral example from your own text. Doesn't really jive
Again, you're CREATING standards for God to live up to. Who are you to define God?

Your logic doesn't suffice, I'm sorry... try again.
Who are you to define god?

Again saying that a being that creates knowingly and purposely creates misery is anything other than malvolent... well that's not only illogical it's just stubborn since that is the definition of malvolent
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-06-21 19:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Shiva.Xet said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Xet said:

Lol, well played sir.
By Zekko 2010-06-21 19:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Zekko said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Diabolos.Gira said:

Hey religion n00b!

Think about it.

And apparently god created us, just because someone made a bomb doesn't make them any less responsible for the people it kills. Creating us with the capacity to do so is a fallacy in itself no?

Edit: Meant with the capacity to sin in general, not specifically bomb making.

I don't understand what you are trying to say :<

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 19:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Xet said:

we have machines that show certain parts of the brain working depending on what the "host" has to do. Proving that the brain works is actually very easy with the right equipment.
 Siren.Miayoko
Server: Siren
user: Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-06-21 19:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What is this...I don't even.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 19:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Quote:
There are still christians so of course no ones brain works!
Not sure how the beliefs of a few is a reflection of the whole. Especially the majority

Unless you are meaning we should do something about them... and well we know where that leads.

/sadface
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-06-21 19:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I'd honestly rather you not say anything derogatory about my, and other people's religion ^_^
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Zekko 2010-06-21 19:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's tough bein' an ethug
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-06-21 19:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Quote:

I'd honestly rather you not say anything derogatory about my, and other people's religion ^_^

Hey, *** yourself. :D

Thank you. God loves you.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-21 19:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just remind them they're only 30% of the world.

They tend to go ballistic.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-21 19:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Xet said:

We know exactly how most of the brain works. The heck you smokin'?
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-21 19:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Quote:

I'm with you on this >_> let's practice a bit of 'live and let live' everyone~~~~.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Vivicide
Server: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-06-21 19:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite honestly, let's use some logic here. Let's say there is a god. You would agree he's an omnipotent being perfect in every way. Why would he create us so imperfectly? Take the annihilation of Saddam and Gomorrah. Why give someone freedom of thought then destroy them because they don't think how you want? When you destroy something you made it's only because you've made a mistake. I think making a mistake kind of negates the fact your omnipotent and perfect if you can't create perfectly.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13