By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-06-21 19:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Quote:
The brain clearly doesn't work, because threads like these keep popping up.

There are still christians so of course no ones brain works!

I'd honestly rather you not say anything derogatory about my, and other people's religion ^_^

Hey, *** yourself. :D

Thank you. God loves you.

How can you be sure?

Because God is love. You know when your sister, brother, parents, or even your best friend betrays you, but you can't you know nothing could tear you apart? That's the type of love God has for you, for everyone. Even if this world abandons you, you'll still have one person who loves you no matter what.
By Zekko 2010-06-21 20:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

People only rat on Religion because they don't understand it. I don't know/believe in a lot of what the bible or religion says, but i'm pretty neutral on both sides. Theres a difference in simply reading and understanding the bible/scriptures to full on having a religion.
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-21 20:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Who knew so much fail, butthurt, and stupidity could conglomerate in one thread?!
 Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-06-21 20:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
People only rat on Religion because they don't understand it. I don't know/believe in a lot of what the bible or religion says, but i'm pretty neutral on both sides. Theres a difference in simply reading and understanding the bible/scriptures to full on having a religion.

You don't have to understand it. Heck, almost NO ONE completely understands religion. EDIT: I've been a Christian for years and I don't even understand 1/100th of what the Bible teaches. But I FEEL God in me. I feel the love he has for me. And that's all it takes for me to believe.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-21 20:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyran said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Who knew so much fail, butthurt, and stupidity could conglomerate in one thread?!

Who knew every time there is a thread people do not like they can not be quiet.

lolwut?

Edit: Don't worry, I enjoy the lulz.
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-21 20:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicytaru, stop being mean! :(
He answered your question in the best way he could and you're still picking at him.

Can't we all just have a little tolerance on both sides?

Awesome, we have a bunch of people here that don't believe in God, that's fine and dandy.

But pleasepleasepleasepleaaaaaaase stop with the "Well we don't believe in it so you prove to us it exists". You're all just asking for arguments when we should just give a nod and say "Well, it's your beliefs so enjoy!" (That goes for people on both sides of the fence O:<)
I know not everyone can practice tolerance, but it'd be nice if we could atleast try?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Vivicide
Server: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-06-21 20:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to have to agree with Spicy here. You quite simply can't explain how you know god loves you by saying he loves you. I don't feel this love from god. Maybe you guys are special. Maybe we have been left out. Explain it please.
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-06-21 20:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Quote:
The brain clearly doesn't work, because threads like these keep popping up.

There are still christians so of course no ones brain works!

I'd honestly rather you not say anything derogatory about my, and other people's religion ^_^

Hey, *** yourself. :D

Thank you. God loves you.

How can you be sure?

Because God is love.

No, I asked how can you be sure. You did not give an answer. That is the exact same as this. Lets keep the science of how our eyes work out of this one please. This is an analogy, so pretend, just like how anyone pretends a guy in the sky is their friend and is not on drugs.

You: The sky is blue
Me: How can you be sure?
You: Because the sky is blue.

That is not an answer please try again.

How can you be sure he loves me. I assure you I have not thought this out, it was a spur of the moment question.
Caitsith.Judaine said:
You know when your sister, brother, parents, or even your best friend betrays you, but you can't you know nothing could tear you apart? That's the type of love God has for you, for everyone. Even if this world abandons you, you'll still have one person who loves you no matter what.

Well, actually no. Turns out you picked the wrong person as that really is not true for me as I am not a family kinda guy, very much the opposite.

One person who loves me no matter what? When did god become a person?

Sorry that I didn't answer your question, but It's hard to describe...It's a feeling rather than words.

And I'm sorry that your family wasn't...the best choice for this situation.

And about God being a "person", I just said person because I couldn't think of anything else to say. Maybe a being?

I'm only 15 years old, and I've been a Christian for maybe 2 years. I don't understand much..but I do feel God's love.
And hey, (I know you didn't say this, but,) my life is DEFINITELY not perfect. I have 5 siblings (3 of which are not immediate siblings), my parents had my 16 year old sister when my mother was 16, they got married, had me, then my brother, then they divorced when I was 8. Mom re-married to a guy I wish I could throw out the window, heh, and my Dad re-married, but has been out of the house working all the time, which has caused alot of family issues. My only friends are 3 girls, which go out and do drugs with complete strangers, party, drink, and have screwed guys who are 18-25. I'm a very sensitive person so that has definitely hurt me.

But through all of that, I feel as though.. someone cares. Someone is there to pull me through all of my difficulties. I can't say that it was a breeze to go through all of them, but I always felt like I wasn't alone.
 Alexander.Vivicide
Server: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-06-21 20:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Israfel said:
He answered your question in the best way he could and you're still picking at him.

Awesome, we have a bunch of people here that don't believe in God, that's fine and dandy.

But pleasepleasepleasepleaaaaaaase stop with the "Well we don't believe in it so you prove to us it exists". You're all just asking for arguments when we should just give a nod and say "Well, it's your beliefs so enjoy!" (That goes for people on both sides of the fence O:<)
I know not everyone can practice tolerance, but it'd be nice if we could atleast try?

As I understand it the reason of this thread is a calm discussion. If people can't handle it and get all emotional about it don't read it. I don't understand why people feel like they have to break up a fight. Calm discussions are what make us better more educated people. Why try and prevent that?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 20:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
I did.
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-06-21 20:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Vivicide said:
I'm going to have to agree with Spicy here. You quite simply can't explain how you know god loves you by saying he loves you. I don't feel this love from god. Maybe you guys are special. Maybe we have been left out. Explain it please.

Everyone is equal. I..I honestly don't know how to give a perfect answer to this but, no one is left out. God loves everyone, whether you're a prostitute, murderer, whatever. Just...try to accept the love. If you have no faith in God, then you probably won't feel his love. It's just because you don't believe.
By Zekko 2010-06-21 20:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Religion threads are always like this and they always end up in butthurt, nearly every week they are posted.
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-21 20:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

btw OP, great troll, 12 pages!

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-06-21 20:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Israfel said:

Lol Israfel, I appreciate your kindness but, it's fine. I understand where he's coming from on this situation... and no you can't prove to someone who has no faith in God that he exists, but I have one thing to say.

Look around you. Look outside. Look at your pet. Look at your family. How can 1 cell, 1 CELL that appeared out of NO WHERE create all of this? It HAS to be God.

And ok, sure, say there was 1 Cell that started it all, tell me where that Cell came from if there was absolutely NOTHING in the beginning?
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-21 20:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It was not an answer.

I ask basically how do you know god is love, they tell me because god is love. That is not an answer!

It's hard to explain... and I'm probably trying to attempt something reaaaally futile, but it's worth a shot anyway ;) Just bear with me while I ramble (o_o)b~

We're taught that God is love from the beginning of our 'journey' as Christians (Disregard the extremist teachings that some people try to portray as 'Christianity' ><)

Throughout the bible, we're taught and told that everything God did was with love for his people, and if you don't believe in it, that's ok too^^;

When Jesus came to us, he spoke of God and his everlasting love again and again to everyone, in all the Fables that he told the most important part was that 'God loves his people'.
Now, fast forward to Jesus' death: God loved the people so much that he gave up his only son so that everyone could have everlasting life (in heaven), and that those who repented from their sins would be forgiven.
(Again, it's ok if you don't believe this ^^; )

But for us, to explain something that can not be touched, seen etc, the only word that would make the most sense is 'love'.
It's almost like saying the sky is blue, how do you describe the color blue? 'It's blue!'

...I hope this made some sense? lol ; ;

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 20:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
God loves everyone, whether you're a prostitute, murderer, whatever.
Once again, how can you people know god loves you. He is the biggest killer in the bible. I would like to understand how you know he loves you.
sadism is a form of love right?
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-21 20:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:
God loves everyone, whether you're a prostitute, murderer, whatever.
Once again, how can you people know god loves you. He is the biggest killer in the bible. I would like to understand how you know he loves you.

How do you know what you are saying? Where is the proof that he killed in the bible??
Bible says it. Is that not proof enough in the context of the argument?

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 20:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dobrusi said:
I haven't read every verse in the bible but I am pretty sure Jesus never killed anyone. I'm sure if you read that in the bible you are taking it out of context. If you want answers, maybe you should consult a pastor rather than people who have no education in seminary.
I have at one time read every verse of the bible. But even if you only got the cliff notes you know that Jesus is only one aspect of god and not god as a whole. Actually the son of god born on earth but yeah.

Just look in the old testament it's full of gods wrath and/or testing. Which was sorta the whole point of having a jesus

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-21 20:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Zolan said:

Fixedededed~
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13