Common Courtesy
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2008-12-29 05:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone seems to agree that this game is more than just a game. Everyone seems to understand that its about ppl and working together, against a game (mobs) and sometimes even against SE (how stupid can they be not to see some 5h!t they do)

I was very addicted to FFXI and am now in a stage i just wanted to get some sparkle on to get back to it at a slower rate.

But ppl, like im getting this days, arent helping a bit. And i'm not talking about how frustrating it is to see a gimp noob ruin a perfect setup cause he doesnt listen to what other ppl say. I'm talking about things like ppl inviting you to pt knowing they will kick you a few minutes later and lieing to you cause they think you dont understand their language.

So everyone please go read this or just go play WoW and dont ruin a good social type of game.

edited: sorry didnt put as link the 1st time
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Common_Courtesy
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2008-12-29 05:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxiclopedia said:
Know what you're doing. Playing White Mage and being power leveled all the way to Lv60, then not knowing how to Cure is a surefire way to get your party killed.

This should honestly read Regen, not Cure.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2008-12-29 06:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

"not knowing how to cure" i understand just like you are saying. Not knowing to do regen or not to make a "way to big" cure and get hate, or not knowing to erase.

That's, for me, not knowing how to cure, cure in a sense of job. Thats how I saw it anyway ;)
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2008-12-29 06:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

90% of us have all at some point been gimped...

but there's only so much gimpyness you can actually have before it's not even worth tryin to get decent exp with you.

like an almost lv60 brd with no ballad II, and there's 2-3 mages in the party, or a lv45 rdm with no dispel.

all depends on the people you get in your party.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2008-12-29 06:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not picky about newbs, i think we all had to learn the game at some point. And they may not know that, for a DD, a 1k ring that gives +1 str is better than a 100k astral ring (i'm exagerating just for argument)

But a newb that does not care about what vets are telling him and manages to ruin everything. Lets just say its frustrating.

With all the PLing ppl dont even bother to see what stats they should get.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-29 07:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I just heard recently a linkshell member complain because a lvl60 pld in his party said "don't cast regen on me unless my health is red or its a waste of mp" the guy is like "listen... im a lvl75 whm i know what im doing wtf" lmao

Problem is Onepenny some people that play this game are *** in real life and they are too selfish to care about other peoples playing experiance/time commitment. Thankfully its a small percentage compared to what i've heard about WoW.
 Leviathan.Leik
user: Leik
By Leviathan.Leik 2008-12-29 07:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

thus why i tend to not care what people say; only ones i listen to are my closest friends and those i consider friends in my LS. Everyone else can kiss my *** as far as i'm concerned
 Kujata.Embem
Server: Kujata
user: embem
By Kujata.Embem 2008-12-29 08:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Raikan said:
ffxiclopedia said:
Know what you're doing. Playing White Mage and being power leveled all the way to Lv60, then not knowing how to Cure is a surefire way to get your party killed.

This should honestly read Regen, not Cure.

I wish I got power leveled to 20 on my WHM let alone to 60!
Hahaha! I kid, I kid!
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2008-12-29 09:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember 1st time i got to qufin. I told a pld it didnt make sence to me, he was using beetle ear +1. He was tank, why lose eva? But then a more experienced player from my LS told me why and I got it. PLD is my main job now, btw.

A level 60 pld not knowing regen is better, for so many reasons, is a sign of what PL does for this game. I would complain if a whm would not give me regen lol

But u right Celestinia, ppl just dont care. 1st ppl i gave this link to were some of my RL friends that were doing assault with me and didnt even care about knowing what we were facing & didnt read /p talk

So if RL friends dont respect you sometimes, how can u expect other players to do so.
 Phoenix.Strongside
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Strongside 2008-12-29 09:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Common Courtesy doesn't exsist in FFXI there never will be it's just a bunch of angry nerds who are mad at life cause they can't get pussy so they take it out on noobs and think there king when really there probably hella fat stinky and work at mcdonalds only to fund there gil buying lol
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2008-12-29 09:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Strongside said:
Common Courtesy doesn't exsist in FFXI there never will be it's just a bunch of angry nerds who are mad at life cause they can't get pussy so they take it out on noobs and think there king when really there probably hella fat stinky and work at mcdonalds only to fund there gil buying lol

are you confessing to something? >.> and we're not all as you described....some of us are smexy women who hate men...not life...but men...lolz
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-29 09:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol heyyy not all men are bad :P just most =o
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2008-12-29 09:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it does exist, i know ppl that go online and love to help ppl, respect and are respected for it (by a few).

And hey... i'm a fat angry nerd (but i rather eat @ Burger King) and i treat ppl with respect. It is possible for ppl to mind some simple things.

But one thing ur right, most players just wanna say they have X 75 jobs and Y pimp gear (sorry i said this before in this forum) and dont even care how they get there

i leveled almost every job to 37 (trying to work on the last 2)just to enjoy and see how each job works. Now... do i really get learn anything if I have a PL?

btw does anyone want to PL my bst? jk ^^
 Phoenix.Baelorn
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2008-12-29 09:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That article has some decent information but damn...It needs better formatting.

Do people really kick people from PTs upon arrival at camp? I thought that kind of behavior died out years ago.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2008-12-29 09:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Savannah & Celestinia dont take me wrong but, u all dream with the shinning armor PLD. But then u really want a big bad DRK ;)

Baelorn... really really... you cant even imagine the things one has to deal with.

My server is invaded by players from a certain country (not going to say the country, cause it would sound bad doing it, not everyone is the same, we know) and most of them are dumb arrogant... (this is me silencing myself) that dont respect anyone.
 Phoenix.Strongside
By Phoenix.Strongside 2008-12-29 10:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe i was a little harsh but in all reality there's far more *** holes than nice people. I'm to nice in this game for instance letting people lot on something and not even getting a ty or hey that was nice or when Im at the dunes giving noobs gil or PLin them just to help out on PLD not once has that ever happend to me and after 3yrs i don't really expect it
 Phoenix.Strongside
By Phoenix.Strongside 2008-12-29 10:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Savannah said:
Strongside said:

are you confessing to something? >.> and we're not all as you described....some of us are smexy women who hate men...not life...but men...lolz

Nope, go look at the fan fest pictures tell me what you see.....
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2008-12-29 10:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Strongside said:
Maybe i was a little harsh but in all reality there's far more *** holes than nice people. I'm to nice in this game for instance letting people lot on something and not even getting a ty or hey that was nice or when Im at the dunes giving noobs gil or PLin them just to help out on PLD not once has that ever happend to me and after 3yrs i don't really expect it

i know what you are talking about, but its just like real life. If you help someone they will not respect you for it... and they will even be upset if u, by any chance, cant help them in the future

So lets face it... you help cause u feel good about it, not cause you expect anyone to feel any kind of thx

they never will and they will (kinda) demand for your help

i learned irl, and ig, to just help and never think about that person again...
 Phoenix.Baelorn
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2008-12-29 10:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Strongside said:

FFXI has a good number of female players. Do you also run around shouting about how there's no girls on the Internet?

Sure there's a lot more guys than girls but that's true of just about any MMO. Part of the problem is the whole "You're not a girl. Girls don't play games." attitude or the fact that as soon as people find out they're girls they get harassed. I know at least four female players who play male characters because they don't want to be harassed or accused of getting where they are because they "have boobs"(their words, not mine).

There's also those female players who exploit the fact that they're female to get items, gil, etc. and they're part of the problem as well. That's a whole different topic though.
 Phoenix.Strongside
By Phoenix.Strongside 2008-12-29 10:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
Strongside said:

FFXI has a good number of female players. Do you also run around shouting about how there's no girls on the Internet?

Sure there's a lot more guys than girls but that's true of just about any MMO. Part of the problem is the whole "You're not a girl. Girls don't play games." attitude or the fact that as soon as people find out they're girls they get harassed. I know at least four female players who play male characters because they don't want to be harassed or accused of getting where they are because they "have boobs"(their words, not mine).

There's also those female players who exploit the fact that they're female to get items, gil, etc. and they're part of the problem as well. That's a whole different topic though.

My point was the fat and stink guys xD. Not the lack of females.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-29 10:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also a guy irl with a girl char. Just so happens im helping a girl out now and have been close friends to another 5 in the past year in game.

I do notice people more willing to help me cus they think im a girl and i tend to be more willing to help girls out than guys i admit to that, but i have a "Guy Irl" comment in my bazaar and never ask people for help unless they offer it to me, i prefer to solo w.e i can than rely on ppl.

I disagree that if you help people you get nothing, it is true sometimes, but i've always helped people out and now they are 75 and two of them are thfs who happily help me out when i need to farm a item. I'm guessing im just a lucky one though...
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2008-12-29 10:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Celestinia said:
I disagree that if you help people you get nothing, it is true sometimes, but i've always helped people out and now they are 75 and two of them are thfs who happily help me out when i need to farm a item. I'm guessing im just a lucky one though...

you kinda answered yourself with the 1st part of ur post, but you could have found 2 good ppl that really are helpful.

nobody is saying there are no good ppl around (hell... if we are saying this things, is cause we believe we are just that)

but we have to admit most arent
 Remora.Devek
Server: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2008-12-29 12:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Embem said:
I wish I got power leveled to 20 on my WHM let alone to 60!
Hahaha! I kid, I kid!

My white mage was power leveled from 1-37.

With the best MND gear money can buy and a goblin mushput, banish damage is not much worse than the average gimp dd those levels.
 Asura.Moraine
Server: Asura
user: moraine
By Asura.Moraine 2008-12-29 12:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The people in the game are no different then they were 2,3 or 4 years ago. People will either help you or not because they have to, but because they want to. People act in game the same way they do in life. It is a simple fact you need to deal with or simply not be a part of the game.

I personaly go out of my way to help my friends, but the random shouts I tend to ignore. But that is because I know I can in return rely on them helping me when I need it.

You complain about people getting a PL from 20-60, well that was happening 4 years ago also. If anything I say the game is far better then it was when I started out, so much more to do and try in it. Their is more for a low level to do then just level and farm till they are 75 and can start endgame.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-12-29 14:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leik said:
Thus why I tend to not care what people say, only ones I listen to are my closest friends and those I consider friends in my LS. Everyone else can kiss my *** as far as i'm concerned

Ya pretty much me too at times. I used to be a newb, and it took me my 3 years...and I'm still a newb.

but ya if you can't play your job and do it right.. then don't ask to get invited to one of my partys.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2008-12-29 14:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Common Courtesy exists with some people. I got p*$$ed when I died in Campaign and sent a /tell to a WHM I saw asking for a raise. At first I thought they were Botting. then after the 3rd attempt (in 30minutes, I attempted 1 every 10minutes), I got my /tell back and realized it was blocked. The 75 WHM/BST sent itself to "away" I finally got raised by another player and slapped the WHM mithra (note: most mithra players I see are gimped, idiotic/stupid or just rude period). I got a /say in auto-trans saying it didnt understand english (I used auto-trans to ask for a raise), followed by a "lol". Suffice to say, I have that name marked and am looking forward to the day it needs a raise.

As for courtesy, I am maybe one of the few players that when a campaign has ended, I stay a few minutes longer if I'm PLD or RDM to raise anyone that needs it.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-29 15:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol "it"
 Shiva.Latcarf
Server: Shiva
user: latcarf
By Shiva.Latcarf 2008-12-29 20:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That guide is nice but common courtesy in FFXI is even more unobtainable than it is IRL. Reading some of the points made at ffxiclopedia it dawned on me that there are so few people who practice analogous courtesies IRL. :-(
 Kujata.Yishay
Server: Kujata
user: yishaymnk
By Kujata.Yishay 2008-12-29 20:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i have to say has someone who runs a small ls and enjoys ffxi. up till recently i've required everyone with a pearl sack to have mentor status on at all times unless in a timed event ... assault, nyzl etc. as of late however i've cared about that so much ... even helping ppl cause i got tired of hlping ppl then they leave and pretend they don't know you. my ls has been based on just hlping ppl then inviting them to the ls. (i refuse to shout for members in wg that just bugs me.)ppl just don't return favors or show respect anymore.
 Odin.Gensouryuu
Server: Odin
By Odin.Gensouryuu 2008-12-29 20:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i got kicked from a party for not having hagun
First Page 2 3 4 5 6