Forum » FFXI » General » Common Courtesy
Common Courtesy
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fairy.Inquisitor
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Inquisitor 2009-01-08 14:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to add something to this ridiculous argument because all I can do is stare at the screen in utter disbelief.

Psyence said:
Vylandra said:
DO NOT TAKE BLM CAMPS UNLESS YOU'RE A BLM.

Where is my DRG camp!? I want exclusive rights to it. Right now... Oh, and prepare my MNK camp too, so if I ever need it, it will be free in advance. Thank you very much for your courtesy, it is much appreciated (I deserve such thing, not you, of course)...

This response by Psyence just strikes me as stupid, as harsh as that may be, it's the truth. If you're going to post here, quit taking what people say and tearing it apart as ignorantly as you can. The comments made about DRG and MNK are so out of touch with the discussion, it's not even worth reading twice. This argument/discussion/whatever deals with a BLMS's relative lack of party invites as compared to melee DD jobs, which sometimes force them to solo on pets; we're simply hearing what people think should be done about it. The inclusion of MNKs and DRGs in this way shocked me and proved how ignorant and biased some people can be. Vylandra's "read the thread" response to Psyence dealt with THIS INDIVIDUAL POST after I brought it up on Ventrilo, so I don't understand why the hell people are bashing him for this. If you took a second to think about what he was writing about, and to whom, you too would've realized it. Of course, no one has pointed this out until now because this thread has become an all out war to discredit Vylandra. Enough with the damn sensitivity for God's sake... Vylandra stated extremely clearly in his first response that he is an ***, and while I AM his friend and WILL vouch for him, people on the outside might not. THIS IS THE INTERNET PEOPLE, GET USED TO IT. These are HIS opinions, the rest are yours. Please try to realize this and stop saying things like:

Smurfo said:
Either way this conversation is running in circles and frankly you're just not getting the point of what i'm saying no matter how many *** times i tell you.

Yea, maybe he's not getting your point because he is convinced in his mind that he's right. IT'S THE SAME WITH YOU. Everyone has their opinion, and everyone, yes even you, is entitled to their opinions, and disagreements of others, to the same degree. This is "common courtesy" and damn I'm getting sick of hearing that over and over.

Oh, and the comment about giving people on Fairy a bad name... again, enough with the damn sensitivity. Does everyone really need to be happy-go-lucky and not speak their mind like they want? Regardless of the dislike that I may receive from people on Fairy and beyond, the statement by Deist is unneeded and just childish.

I await the inevitable bashing that I am about to receive.
 Fairy.Evanthegai
By Fairy.Evanthegai 2009-01-08 14:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

But i beleive deist comment to be of those two fairy people that filled up two whole pages of just nonsense and *** that had nothing to do with nothing and just more so made themselves look like *** then fairy so maybe i should have stated that but no i shall not bash you for like u said it is your opinion and no reason to judge someone upon that
 Fairy.Inquisitor
By Fairy.Inquisitor 2009-01-08 14:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate that.

However, to set the record straight I was one of the two people who filled those pages full of useless crap. We were having fun on Ventrilo and it crossed over onto the thread. There was no deliberate harm intended, but I sincerely apologize to everyone involved.
 Fairy.Evanthegai
By Fairy.Evanthegai 2009-01-08 14:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at least u apologized for it so..
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-08 15:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Inquisitor said:

Smurfo said:
Either way this conversation is running in circles and frankly you're just not getting the point of what i'm saying no matter how many *** times i tell you.

Yea, maybe he's not getting your point because he is convinced in his mind that he's right. IT'S THE SAME WITH YOU. Everyone has their opinion, and everyone, yes even you, is entitled to their opinions, and disagreements of others, to the same degree. This is "common courtesy" and damn I'm getting sick of hearing that over and over.

Duh, i think i even already stated exactly what you said like 35 posts ago. "Everyone has their opinion" Duh, your not telling me anything i dont know, i wasnt aruguing his right to an opinion. I was arguing his inability to see anyone elses.

Edit: i found what exactly i said, it was along the lines of "Thats your opinion and there is no sense in arguing opinions" We can sit here all *** day and bounce back and forth on opinions just like politics but its redundant because some people just never can see anyone elses point.

I understand exactly what he's saying with the whole TP burn > all philosophy but when confronted with fairly true statements like "it dont work so well in certain zones"

He just continues to run circles in attempt to justify something so completely morally wrong as to think disallowing certain people to exp in certain spots for any reason at all is right, it doesn't matter what your twisted opinion on it or the next guys is, there is no reason someone who pays $ to play ffxi should not be allowed to play it how they want to, it's a *** game and neither you nor any of us monthly subscribers make the rules.

I for the most part agree with his point all the way up until we started talking pre toau zones, then it became HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, i apologize if this thread became stupid but its not entirely my fault, this guy was throwing out a great deal of ignorance into the thread if not me someone else would have argued him for sure... as a couple others did.

Perhaps i took a wrong approach to this debate and rather than just stating the simple FACT that he doesn't make the rules i decided to explain to him why blm pre 55 doesn't absolutely have to be a solo job, and even after 55 it doesn't have to. Thus making it undeserving of some special unwritten law giving it privilege to it's own dedicated camps.

Yes people in ffxi will lol and joke about people who do things aside from the norm, yes i'm included even though many of my thoughts are of my own and not that which has been spoon fed to me by the "norm", i think for myself. That being said, I would not ever tell anyone that they flat out cannot do something because it's against the norm, thats when ignorance bleeds through. You have no right whatsoever to try and dictate any kind of rules to anyone ingame or on a forum period, if you don't GM the game, lead some kind of nazi linkshell or mod the forums.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-08 15:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit miffed here :(

Just finished a Limbus run, 68 coins, 10 people. I gave up 2 of my coins so everyone else could have 7 each. Not even a single thankyou. Sucks -.-
 Gilgamesh.Strahd
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Strahd
By Gilgamesh.Strahd 2009-01-08 16:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just sat here and read this entire thread...I'm amazed how at how quickly a helluva idea for a thread immediately became a flamefest and pity-party about blms camps being taken.

Granted there are several areas that serve soloing/duoing blm's quite well, I can't argue that fact however, as previously stated many times no where in the game or on the POL website does state these areas are for blm's only.

Everyone knows, as far as xp camps go, it's first come/first served.

Let's all show some common courtesy and get back on track with the thread origin.

Saiya, sorry to read that no one said thanks for what you did on your limbus run.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-01-08 17:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a certain irony in this thread.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-08 18:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dirtyfinger said:
There is a certain irony in this thread.

I don't think anyone can really avoid being a hypocrite to a certain degree Dirty (or at least manage to sound like they aren't). NO one is perfect. It doesn't refute the fact that they can have valid points though.
 Gilgamesh.Boemir
user: Wheels
By Gilgamesh.Boemir 2009-01-09 03:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

"Ah, it's time to relax and you know what that means; a glass of wine,
your favourite easy chair and of course FFXI playing on your home PC/XBox/PS2. So go on indulge yourself, that's right, kick off your shoes, put your feet up, lean back and and just enjoy the game. After all, It's just a game...."
 Fairy.Deist
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2009-01-09 04:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Boemir said:
" After all, It's just a game...."

No, I wont believe it! Say it isn't so!
 Gilgamesh.Jonls
user: Jonis
By Gilgamesh.Jonls 2009-01-09 07:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
Hey Everyone.. Mental note.. LOL "Stick to the thread topic" ok?? ^.- ( winkz)

Good advice! Hehe.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-09 09:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, that comment is slightly after the fact isn't it? I take it a Green name is mod-material? o.O;
 Asura.Yotevol
Server: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-09 10:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My cat's breath smells like cat food...
~Ralph Wiggum
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-09 13:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah Fair enough Saiya, lol.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-09 13:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Way to throw petrol -_- best to just leave the thread dead now.
 Gilgamesh.Jonls
user: Jonis
By Gilgamesh.Jonls 2009-01-12 20:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I am a Moderator. :-D
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2009-01-16 19:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry guys but i had to bump this

today, in one of my mules i bought somethink by mistake. was distracted in phone call while trying to buy one of those HQ sweet gears. didnt notice clicked on mouse and changed to gear below.

Auto pilot kicked in and there goes the ok, not looking at name till it was too late.

Later i saw the guy on and asked him if i could get part of the gil back. I told him he didnt have to do it and sorry to bother him but, i had to ask cause it was almost all i had for some gear I needed.

He was very nice and returned the diference from what would be a normal sale of his item. Saving me almost everything i lost in it (well everything if i sell the gear i got).

So i was really upset by my mistake, and there goes a perfect stranger showing common courtesy is alive. btw i had also done that to a guy (but less gil envolved) but never expected someone would do it for me (never expected to do that mistake anyway)