Common Courtesy
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2008-12-29 21:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate it when ppl's argument for i.e going AFK in mid pt for like 20+ min when they said, brb rr, come back and when you ask them about it they respond, "wtf this is just a game", its true, it is just a game, but at the same time im using my r/l time to play this game, and someone that doesnt respect the party is wasting my r/l time. If i only have 2 hours to party every day, i dont want some jerk leeching with the explaination "its just a game", and most of those leeches, after beeing away for like 15 min and someone suggests to temp boot them til they come back, they are back next second.
 Valefor.Xenogelion
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Xenogelion 2008-12-29 22:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just the other day my WHM friend asked if i wanted the join the party he was in. The PT said OK so i made my way out Wajaom Woodlands, got to Whitegate and my friend told me the Party invited a BRD instead. So he left the party. only other WHM looking was level 12, I thought it was hilarious.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-29 22:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Gensouryuu said:
i got kicked from a party for not having hagun

Wow... that is bad. You can't kick someone because they don't have a piece of gear at the very least you ask in /tell before you invite them if they have an item you want them to have so you can decide not to invite them...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-12-30 02:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Originally had planned a rant about not associating yourself more than once with trolls just for personal gain.

But I'd rather just bump this. One can hope everyone has common courtesy. :b

Word!
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2008-12-30 05:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I got kicked out of a party as BLM (it was a burn btw) because I didn't get resisted as much as everyone else.

But after that, I solo'd the mobs and got more exp/hour than the old party, so it wasn't all that bad.

Besides, Common Courtesy is alive and kicking, as long as it helps the other person too
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Server: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2008-12-30 07:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in Garlaige Citadel yesterday, camping the #1 Banishing gate and this guy, full party and all, came by. He asked, not just started killing things, but ASKED if it was alright if they could get some bats around there. We of course declined because our puller only aggroed a single beetle, but..
I have never seen someone ask, politely, if they could do something like that.
Common courtesy isn't completely dead.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2008-12-30 11:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

haha, very interesting..Common Courtesy wiki.

I have been awe-struck by certain less than courteous actions in FFXI. I believe there have always been jerk-offs in game but it seems like these days more and more players are looking out for numero uno more than ever. If they can profit (be it gil, exp, time etc.)they most likely will try and take advantage of the situation.

It is sad that common courtesy seems to exist only to the extent of increasing/ensuring future possibilities and gains for the player in question. Once no opportunity for gain rears its head, all reservations are lost...or so it seems to me.
 Valefor.Mithano
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2008-12-30 16:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect age has a lot to do with it.

I started my own endgame linkshell recently, with only two real rules. Have to read ls forums, and have to be over 18. You'd be amazed at the drama that I was able to cut out by doing that. I've already had a handful of situations that easily could have gone bad, but instead, people just went "Ok, no worries, we'll do better next time!"

Yes, there are people under 18 that are fine, and people over 18 that aren't, but you'd be amazed how much that line separates.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2008-12-31 21:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I was fishing Devil Manta today and the Diplopod popped and started destroying an AFK Thief. Being the kind hearted soul I am, I provoked the Scorpion off the Thief and killed it to stop the Thief dying. When the Thief got back, they began fishing again. Didn't even acknowledge that I'd just saved their life; carried on like nothing had happened.

People ask me why I don't talk to strangers. ^ That's why!
 Asura.Tigurius
user: Tigurius
By Asura.Tigurius 2008-12-31 23:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I admit I experienced a merit burn party where the party leader (Kiakasha (I will name the person because it annoyed me so much.)) booted my war/nin and told me to skill up great axe in Kuftal Tunnel. However my war is a Great Axe war, I have 292 GA Skill (full merits + capped skill), double attack merits + gear, and a reasonable amount of haste gear.
I asked him/her/it what their problem was, but I got no reply.

I have had no problem using Great Axe in merit parties before and after that.
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-01 03:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Common Courtesy is around on my server, some times, depending on the ppl. I normaly help as much as i can, when i can i don't care if i get any assistance in return, how ever its nice. You'll mostlikey see it more in Starter towns / zones, when playes are new, an nice, "some times"

~ what Gensouryuu said, about getting kicked from a pt, for not haveing A pice of gear, Thats perty disrespectfull, not everyone can like buy Every singel little pice of gear >.> Besides Hagun is over rated imo. >.> I take a Onimaru for the +attack & acc <100% Tp for more dot. sure my ws's dont do an extra 200-400, maybe 500 damage, but >.> basic hits for sam range 200+ >.> so Off topic, *got ranted out by a whm taru like 2 years ago, for not haveing a Hagun >.> buy me one if you want me ta have it that much*

i don't recall ever being kicked from a party because of gear, but once in a 4 hour EXP pt I was kicked from a pt i was in from the start, for a Ls member Rng, who Doesn't like me >.>
hmm.. war/nin who's been there 3-5 hours or the new Rng who wanted a pt >.> theres no respect at high levels some times.

[Sorry I rant XD ]
 Valefor.Judda
user: Judda
By Valefor.Judda 2009-01-01 04:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

:O when i make pt if some1 says brb and takes too long, or starts to afk without leting me know i just <kick attacks> and get a replacement; i really dont like to get complicated, if he gets mad i just dont care. If he had a good reason i apologize and move on... is just a game. /Salutes to everyone! n_n
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-01 05:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing the common courtesy thing REALLY should have said unless i missed it:

"Do NOT put macros for spells, summons, JA's, WS's etc in /say or emote, other parties dont give a ***what you're doing, stfu noob."
 Unicorn.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-01-01 07:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, as a BLM I kinda like it when a SAM ect. has something in his/her macro so I can prep a burst when they SC but like a smn, oi, @.@
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2009-01-03 21:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing is to /p "im doing ballad dont run away" or /p "im sc the ***out of <t> so MB the hell out of him"

its relevant so it can (or even should) be put in /p

another is a smn in /p /say or /shout "by the power of gimpness!!! carbuncle fight by my side cause i have no other avatar" or a thf in dunes "Sniper give me your wallet!!!"

i think the guide covers that
 Ifrit.Myori
Server: Ifrit
user: Myori
By Ifrit.Myori 2009-01-03 23:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

One time I was in a party at CN as a whm. The dnc accidentally used aspir samba on the crawler we were killing the ever intelligent leader told me I needed to melle it or he was booting me -_- then proceeded to harass me , I did melle it and made myself look like a moron (3 of them were jp so they probably thought I was an idiot ^^; the rdm yelled at the guy and I think he left too leaving the party mageless hehe) , the end. (I left soon after)
 Fenrir.Parak
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2009-01-03 23:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithano said:

I started my own endgame linkshell recently, with only two real rules. Have to read ls forums, and have to be over 18. You'd be amazed at the drama that I was able to cut out by doing that. I've already had a handful of situations that easily could have gone bad, but instead, people just went "Ok, no worries, we'll do better next time!"

Yes, there are people under 18 that are fine, and people over 18 that aren't, but you'd be amazed how much that line separates.

I'm 16, but I really do strongly agree. I have met a lot of younger people that are total jerks and people that I usually blist. Young people just need to think before they speak most of the time.

d^_^
 Caitsith.Monsterrain
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Monsterrain 2009-01-03 23:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

onepenny,

i couldnt agree more, i mean maybe when you 1st get penta thrust..your 1st AM...or SA make a clever macro for your 1st party or two, but if there is a 75 doing a macro like /p "OMG i am meditating lolz" every 3 mins i wanna quit that pty...and i have if it isnt gaining me a ton of xp/hr. PLZ stop making clever or what you think is clever statements in front of non-essential abilities or magic PLZ!
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-03 23:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Parak said:
Mithano said:

I'm 16, but I really do strongly agree. I have met a lot of younger people that are total jerks and people that I usually blist. Young people just need to think before they speak most of the time.

d^_^

Yeah... in my linkshell's history, 2 were kids we discovered to be about 13 years old, and were some of the most troublemaking, as well. That being said, there are definitely people over 18--over 30, even--who haven't learned to act their age. :<
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-04 00:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a good one for ya... Toramai Canal.. I was with my Blm/Whm Buddy.. Was going for his AF hat run.. I was Sam75/Nin37 and I cud solo that Dark NM np.. but he died for some silly reason and we asked for a raise in area.. (plz note .. Only 4 ppl in whole area.."ONLY".. us 2, 1 CDN + 1 US and 2 Jpns- 1 Pld/Nin 1 idk job call it ???)...

Anyways they came.. they raised the BLM/WHM (my pal..) and they EVEN helped us with fight...

I'll tell ya..Man... That was surely Courtesy as well! Even buffed us after fight and let us have drops.. DRK spells.. that dropped... liches..

What do yo think? Common coutesty at its best!
 Titan.Azarasi
Server: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-01-04 03:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to run out to Mamook to get Bloodwood since I find it to be the only enjoyable way to earn money, you know risking your life keeps you awake while doing it.

My old room mate had a nice way of sharing the zone with 2 or even 3 people by splitting the areas up so the points would cycle around faster and no one would have to run around as much, and even if they agreed to split the earnings.

Now I have gone out there and seen another person or 2 our there and /tell them if they wanted to divide the area up. No reply, I knew they weren't RMT, though they were anon their gear and names told otherwise.

So now I /sea mamook to make sure no one is there before I go instead of having to compete with someone who is being a *** when things could be easier for the both of us.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-04 15:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend and I used to do the same thing in Yughott Grotto when mining was worth a damn (i.e., when darksteel and gold used to go for 20k a pop, miss those days lol), and we'd split up the zone so we didn't have to run up and down. We'd invite others to join with us and split the zone with them, but we only managed to actually do it like once. Much more efficient that way, I never understood why people balked at the idea.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2009-01-05 05:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

-I always wanted to try mine Ifrits with 6 ppl cause its divides real good with 6. But never got around to do it.

-Its nice to see some common courtesy storys here and i agree that age is a factor.

Like a kid that got into pt and loted everything on treasure, i asked why and he said he needed it (kids this days... they need everything) i told him everyone needs everything in this game so no lot, things will just drop naturally. And he was ok with it and didnt lot again.

So i guess many ppl dont do it cause they dont know about it.

-yesterday i got an invite (i was sch20) from a sweet sounding name "Kissykissy" i said "(yes please)" and after a while ask "(gather together) (where?)"

after 5m no answer i ask "(gather together) (qufin island)" and got answer "(no thx)"

so i got off my autotranslate mode (kinda) and asked "other (camp) or (party) off?" answer "(party) off"... so now i really get out of my autotranlate mode and say

"ok please next time warn me if pt off" answer

"Oh! you are english" (this was sunday a litle after jap prime time)

this person was in whitegate and a bit after was in qufin island as pt leader

i said "i'm english speaking (take care)" and honestly hope that at least next time he/she warns someone they dont want them anymore
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-05 05:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's go back to the classics...

I was in a Korroloka party yesterday at the main entrance (The camp near the zone to Zeruhn.) A soloer appeared and started killing the worms we were fighting as a level sync 16 party.

"Excuse me, but you're slowing down our kills, could you please go somewhere else? Both of the other camps are free" someone in our party says.

"F*** YOU I CAMP WHERE I WANT I GM YOU IF YOU TELL ME TO MOVE".

Nice bloke, obviously...

Even worse is when a whole party does it. Do people's brain cells just go kaboom when choosing a camp to realise overcamping another party just gives both groups rubbish experience?
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2009-01-05 06:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i had that happen in merits at birds... i still dont understand what was that about!

dont know if u guys agree... but the midle level is the best, in my point of view

my pt got there, and a pt was already in the midle level camp. So went down to the 2nd option (i say 2nd cause mammol at 1st level are also doable) as my pt as arriving they decide to go down to our camp... ok its true we had just arrived but they saw 3 of us going down

there we were for about 10-15m fighting for pops, even getting most of them cause our brd was really good and everyone helped... but anyway even getting most pops xp sucked big time (for merits)

we all warped and got back to midle level and got chain all the way to (lets rest for a while) ^^

to this day i dont know what was on those guys mind... they were jap so they didnt reply to anything
 Asura.Apelila
user: Apelila
By Asura.Apelila 2009-01-05 07:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Onepenny said:

My server is invaded by players from a certain country (not going to say the country, cause it would sound bad doing it, not everyone is the same, we know) and most of them are dumb arrogant... (this is me silencing myself) that dont respect anyone.

Ah, good ol' EU people on Gilgamesh. (I transferred from there). Trust me when I say this: you get that impression elsewhere too. ;) I will note there are a lot of exceptions to this, its mainly the ones that stand out that color this.

I don't have near the WTF {French}?!?!? moments I had back on Gilgamesh, as the EU population here is so much less. Its like my old LS leader used to say:

This is why the JP's hated us.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-01-05 08:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I am from the EU......England to be precise.I hope people don't assume i'm a bad or discourteous player just because of my nationality.I take people as I find them and couldn't care less what country they are from.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-05 09:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Onepenny said:
My server is invaded by players from a certain country (not going to say the country, cause it would sound bad doing it, not everyone is the same, we know) and most of them are dumb arrogant... (this is me silencing myself) that dont respect anyone.

That's racism you know.

Same way Japanese players always go "JP ONRY!".
 Unicorn.Smurfo
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-05 09:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually not racism. The people he mentioned who have this attitude thats what you refered to as "racist", more like segregationist or nationalist but it's definitely not racist. For all you know he could have been talking about some people of country of a majority Caucasian population that thinks they are better than NA's which is the case in some situations.

People like to throw the term racist around entirely too loosely which is sad :(

P.S I didnt vote Democrat this year, i guess i'm racist?