Do You Get Paid To Do Dynamis, Mess Up And Still Complain ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Do you get paid to do Dynamis, mess up and still complain ?
Do you get paid to do Dynamis, mess up and still complain ?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-16 12:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder, why do you say "linkshell slaves" and not just full time members?
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 12:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:
Sounds like Darki is the exact sort of person the OP was bitching about. A person who wants to put in half the time and get the same rewards as everyone else. Sorry but that's not reality, and you clearly have no concept of business economics.

I always viewed end game ls's as employers. If I put in 40 hours a week for my employer and you only put in 20 hours. Don't get pissed at me and the employer/linkshell because my paycheck is more than double what yours is. I put in more work than you did, I'm a more valuable asset to the company. Therefor I make more money per hour than you do. If you wanna be a part timer that's good and fine. Just don't be mad when you're treated like one.

These ppl were getting 150-200k a week for doing nothing but attending dyna, on top of any relic gear they got. I would be thrilled if a ls paid me 200k a week for attending 2 events. I cannot think of a single dyna ls on my server that pays out players at all in any way. Every player in that ls should be grateful they are getting gil out of it at all.

It's not that I want to put half the time, it's that I can't, and those are two different things, I am not even defending the fact that people leave and should get the same reward, if you've read right you should realize I'm defending the fact that some people can't make it to the events and be a slave of FFXI like most of you can, people have real life ***to deal with, and can't stay up till 12-1AM playing FFXI for some event, they have work/uni stuff? okey, and can't even make it to the runs too as a perfect attendance, it's just a game, not a job.
note: I am also fine with leaders giving me half the points/reward or w/e I'm going for if I leave early, I have already talked with all my ls leaders and I've let them know RL>GAME, if they don't like -too bad- I find other shell.

But if someone does dynamis in an EG linkshell and doesn't do the other events, and they make the full run that day that they went, they deserve the same reward as anybody else, they were there, they worked for it and put their piece, if they don't go to the other run, then they don't get anything, points/money etc. It is their call and leader shouldn't be penalizing for not going to other events, I mean, at the end of the day like previous poster said, you dont give ancient beastcoins to people who make dynamis runs, and give dynamis money to people who do limbus etc. That's just erratic and stupid.

1. I understand economics better than that, just a little detail, mother and father run their own buisness, mother at home-buisness and father a big company investor, I have been around economics since...eh, well, since I can remember,so ***either runs on economics two ways; you are fair, *or you piss over people.
*OP is pissing over people. perhaphs unintentionaly.

2 Bold. You can be part timer sure, but you still have rights to get paid the same amount a full timer does << now let me explain that, if you get paid let's say 1k/hr and you both do the same job, but you spend 10hours at work and part timer 5 hours, then part timer gets 5hours paid, and the one that did 10 hours gets paid 10 hours, so thats 10k for the 10 hours and 5k for the 5 hours.
So you do the harm to yourself, if you miss a run you don't get paid for it, if you go to the run you get paid for it and it's only fair you get paid the same amount because you put the same effort weather you go to other runs or not, you went to THAT one and should get paid for THAT one.

now i know you will just reply BS. so inb4 lulz.

I agree RL > game. However like a business, a LS doesn't care why you only show up to 1/3rd of the events. All they care about is the fact that you're not showing up. If I could only show up to my job 1/3rd of the days I was scheduled to work I would be fired. It wouldn't matter how valid my reasons were. I'm no use to the business if I can't work the days they need me. I would be told "I'm sorry but then there is no place for you in this company, I suggest you find a place of employment that better suits your lifestyle right now". In game terms that translates to "Find a different LS". Their are always exceptions, but the topic at hand isn't one of them.

Yes if I work the same hours and have the same wages as someone else we make the same money. However employee value is exponential. If I make 1k/hour and work 10 hours I make 10k. Someone else makes 2k/hour and works 8 hours. He makes 16k. He works less hours and make more than I did. Is that fair? Yes, he is a more valued employee he DOES MORE for the company than I do. Therefor the company decided he should make more money.

No you don't give limbus coins to dyna attendees or vice versa. But they may still get universal attendance points for going to either of them. A lot of LS's use a universal points system to encourage people to attend events other than ones they want gear from, and some LS's look at overall attendance when determining gil-splits.

EDIT: Also if you have a RL that's fine. But don't get pissed if the ppl that don't have a RL and can play more get more than you. That's just how it is, it's their time to spend as they choose. If they choose to spend it on a video game all day that's their business.

1st bold. ok you derailed right there, for the fact that in dynamis, everyone does the same job basicly, so should get paid the same I guess unless they leave early, like I've stated a million times and people just feel like thinking I havent said so. and obviously, leaders do snatch more gil for themselves at some point, so uhhh whatever.

1st paragraph, yes all linkshells ive known, always reset the players points if they don't show up let's say 2-3 months? and that is also fair.

3d paragraph, if they work that way, then it's a system that screws up the people that don't slave to the linkshell, and not everyone slaves to linkshells, so whoever can't slave to that linkshell should leave. Now has OP made this clear? No. He let them in his dyna runs separately and hes penalizing people who don't make his 2 runs a week, which is stupid, OP isnt a good leader.

last paragraph, I don't get pissed over whatever the *** people do with their lives, I don't care. But don't come screwing me over because I can't make a full run, give me what I deserve, if I deserve half of the points for that run I made half way, then it's fair game, don't give me less then that because you feel like I'm just slacking off.
bold: wrong. Full time ls members are more valued to the ls than ppl that only show up to 2 events a week. Therefor they should get more out of any sort of gil split. As long as they are on even terms as far as relic lotting rules go I find that fare. It just doesn't make sense to fork over 200k a week to people that won't be helping your ls with anything else, and people with that sort of mentality tend to bail on an event as soon as they have what they wanted in the first place.

Me personally. It's not that I would think you're lazy or slacking. Again I have to say I just don't care what your excuse for not being there was. Does a teacher care why you didn't finish a project? no. Does an employer care why you didn't show up to work and didn't call in sick? no. Does a LS care why you didn't show up to an event? no. All they care about is that you didn't show. The only exceptions to this would be a serious medical or family emergency. But guess what, emergencies don't happen 3 times a week.

Yawn. missing my point again.

btw, people who bail on linkshells after they get what they want < rude, but it happends, be prepared that after you give people what they want they will either leave or stay and keep contributing to the linkshell. theres nothing you can really do about it, because at the end of the day you will always need to replace members no matter how awesome your linkshell is, people quit/leave w/e. some people just get tired of doing events and others dont care anymore, for whatever reason, thats something you cant do anything about.

and im not arguing anymore about being paid or w/e, I already established my point, don't feel like writing it in different words so people maybe understand.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-16 12:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

"Linkshell Slaves" is a pretty stupid word. Some like doing all the different events with one group of people instead of having 3+ linkshells for different events.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-16 12:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

People understand, what you're saying isn't whats happening.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 12:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
I wonder, why do you say "linkshell slaves" and not just full time members?

eh, you know, being compromised to do sky/limbus/dyna/einjerhar... < that only takes like a week or so to make, so to me it's slavery, but your right too, good point. if they get what they want at the end of the day, they are there on their own free will. so good point, ls members which i still see as slaving yourself.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 12:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
"Linkshell Slaves" is a pretty stupid word. Some like doing all the different events with one group of people instead of having 3 linkshells for different events.

eh, now it's about me using the term linkshell slaves? ok so next 10 posts will be about it. Keep them comming please.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-16 12:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I also don't really see the problem with leaving when you have the item(s) you joined the LS for. If you join an endgame but don't really like the members and you get the items, why should you stay? If you do enjoy the ls for social as well then there's no point in leaving. You do join an endgame shell for gear after all.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 12:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
"Linkshell Slaves" is a pretty stupid word. Some like doing all the different events with one group of people instead of having 3 linkshells for different events.

eh, now it's about me using the term linkshell slaves? ok so next 10 posts will be about it. Keep them comming please.
btw, if people have 3 linkshells for 3 different events, maybe its because they like the different rules? or because, they cant fully attend all events, so they have separate linkshells SO they dont get screwed over if their on a main linkshell because they cant completly attend. it's all on whatever you benefit from at the end of the day, if you don't then /walk away.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2010-05-16 12:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I should also throw in that it's not really a good idea to make your EGLS into a Dynamis or Limbus LS, for various reasons, such as members going to Dynamis/Limbus LSs that they have had since before joining your LS, and some members may not be interested at all in either, which takes up a slot you could fill with a participant. Also, if you have ToDs of any HNMs or something like Charybdis, Kreutzet, or something like that, all it takes is for one member to announce they got the ToD, and BOOM! an outsider shows up. Separate your LS functions and allow an independant roster to a Dynamis shell, that way there are only 'real' members. EDIT: Disregard the preceeding if you have a completly closed LS, in which case you wouldn't allow outsiders or 'temporary members' to join events. EDIT2:
OP is a crappy leader. This thread should show that he is, for being butthurt in the beggining over something so small compared to what leaders have to endure.

He's not being butthurt, he's trying to prevent rumors, however the one single LS for everything is a bad idea.

My LS is mostly social, but we do VNMs, Limbus and Einherjar in the main shell. We have a second shell just for Dyna. Personally I feel more comfortable doing multiple events with my main LS. I'm friends with most of the members. We know how each other plays, and we know that the man/woman we're doing events with is reliable. Personally, having to play the game just for certain events is kind of boring for me.

I have sky with a different shell. Although my main LS does sky rarely, like once a month. I've been with my sky LS for over 3 months now and haven't gotten anything I needed for my RNG. Although one event with my main LS and I got my S kote. I was allowed to lot it b.c my main LS knew I would benefit from it. So I was able to lot over another < 75 rng. In my sky LS, I would have to fork over 9-10 events worth of points in order to lot it.

Having a shell with multiple events just means you have closer ties with the other members.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 12:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I also don't really see the problem with leaving when you have the item(s) you joined the LS for. If you join an endgame but don't really like the members and you get the items, why should you stay? If you do enjoy the ls for social as well then there's no point in leaving. You do join an endgame shell for gear after all.

Yeah, some people do it for events, I've had other people tell me they feel compromised in staying in the linkshell, I think you worked for it, if you don't want anything else then give the space to someone else and no one should get angry, you worked for it and you don't owe anything to anyone. It gives the opportunity in big linkshells for new members to arrive.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-16 12:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Best reason to have your LS sell items and split between members. That way when they get what they want, they will still stay because they can make gil just buy coming to events.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-16 12:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dragonwarrior said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I should also throw in that it's not really a good idea to make your EGLS into a Dynamis or Limbus LS, for various reasons, such as members going to Dynamis/Limbus LSs that they have had since before joining your LS, and some members may not be interested at all in either, which takes up a slot you could fill with a participant. Also, if you have ToDs of any HNMs or something like Charybdis, Kreutzet, or something like that, all it takes is for one member to announce they got the ToD, and BOOM! an outsider shows up. Separate your LS functions and allow an independant roster to a Dynamis shell, that way there are only 'real' members. EDIT: Disregard the preceeding if you have a completly closed LS, in which case you wouldn't allow outsiders or 'temporary members' to join events. EDIT2:
OP is a crappy leader. This thread should show that he is, for being butthurt in the beggining over something so small compared to what leaders have to endure.
He's not being butthurt, he's trying to prevent rumors, however the one single LS for everything is a bad idea.
My LS is mostly social, but we do VNMs, Limbus and Einherjar in the main pearl. We have a second shell just for Dyna. Personally I feel more comfortable doing multiple events with my main LS. I'm friends with most of the members. We know how each other plays, and we know that the man/woman we're doing events with is reliable. Personally, having to play the game just for certain events is kind of boring for me. I have sky with a different shell. Although my main LS does sky rarely, like once a month. I've been with my sky LS for over 3 months now and haven't gotten anything I needed for my RNG. Although one event with my main LS and I got my S kote. I was allowed to lot it b.c my main LS knew I would benefit from it. So I was able to lot over another < 75 rng. Where as in my sky LS, I would have to fork over 9-10 events worth of points in order to lot it. Having a shell with multiple events just means you have closer ties with the other members.

Well, another reason I suggested the separate Dyna shell, is because I can't count how many times I've heard "KEEP IT IN /PT!" and "NO TALKING IN /LS!!" Imagine if there were 2-3 normal members that simply didn't do Dyna that were having a conversation in LS during a Dyna run, it'd cause problems, people would lose focus, etc.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 12:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dragonwarrior said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

My LS is mostly social, but we do VNMs, Limbus and Einherjar in the main shell. We have a second shell just for Dyna. Personally I feel more comfortable doing multiple events with my main LS. I'm friends with most of the members. We know how each other plays, and we know that the man/woman we're doing events with is reliable. Personally, having to play the game just for certain events is kind of boring for me.

I have sky with a different shell. Although my main LS does sky rarely, like once a month. I've been with my sky LS for over 3 months now and haven't gotten anything I needed for my RNG. Although one event with my main LS and I got my S kote. I was allowed to lot it b.c my main LS knew I would benefit from it. So I was able to lot over another < 75 rng. In my sky LS, I would have to fork over 9-10 events worth of points in order to lot it.

Having a shell with multiple events just means you have closer ties with the other members.

Indeed. Still dyna is really hard to merge with other events too, so is sky, because of their large linkshell banks that is.
I have a main sky shell that I also use as social, we also run einherjar, we do dynamis with another linkshell ran by other leaders, because we like each others company.

now, before that I was in a linkshell that did other kinds of events, and I told them I was in that linkshell mainly for dynamis, they basicly wanted to force me to do the other events with them, VNM and what not, when at the start I clarifyed I only wanted to do dynamis and they said they were fine <<< see how crappy leading kicks in right there.
 Garuda.Caraine
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Caraine 2010-05-16 12:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm Darki read the OPs post again they do four events the ppl come to one. all ls event payout is after Dyna so ppl get paid for four events after dyna. Op paid these ppl 1/2 so even though they only came to one event they got paid for two. Yet you have rather consistently attacked the OP for being butthurt and profiteering. He never said he paid them half of dyna pay just half of the event pay.

So to re-sum that up they are coming to 1/4 of the ls events and getting paid for half not coming to 1 run and getting half the dynamis profit because they miss the rest.

Reading comprehension is your friend work on it.

[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 12:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Best reason to have your LS sell items and split between members. That way when they get what they want, they will still stay because they can make gil just buy coming to events.
yeah, relic usually takes long to get, so why not reward the members too? after all, you wouldnt get all that currency if it wasnt for their work, so whoever does a run with dynamis that doesnt split profits are obviously being trolled.
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-16 12:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is what I didnt understand in the ex-dyna shell that I was in. A new member server jumped joined the shell got shadow ring or was is shadow mantle cant remember. Over the veteran players and then server jumped back when his time was up... Oh and Attestation was sold to outside people. No payouts to members either.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 12:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Caraine said:
Ummm Darki read the OPs post again they do four events the ppl come to one. all ls event payout is after Dyna so ppl get paid for four events after dyna. Op paid these ppl 1/2 so even though they only came to one event they got paid for two. Yet you have rather consistently attacked the OP for being butthurt and profiteering. He never said he paid them half of dyna pay just half of the event pay.

So to re-sum that up they are coming to 1/4 of the ls events and getting paid for half not coming to 1 run and getting half the dynamis profit because they miss the rest.

Reading comprehension is your friend work on it.

OP is butthurt because he is, he's a leader and should not come /cry on forums when people do that ***to him, that's the crappy side of being a leader < people WILL give you *** because 'haha they can' or whatever, even if it's unfair.

and lulz Darki trolling and people following.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 12:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Here is what I didnt understand in the ex-dyna shell that I was in. A new member server jumped joined the shell got shadow ring or was is shadow mantle cant remember. Over the veteran players and then server jumped back when his time was up... Oh and Attestation was sold to outside people. No payouts to members either.

That is a linkshell that benefits leaders only, they probably didn't even care who got the relic as long as the leaders just got the money.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-16 12:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, if you are in a LS that sells items, and doesn't do pay outs, chances are the leaders are lining their pockets.

No reason not to pay out really. Keep enough in bank to pay for dynamis glass, einherjar runs and split everything else.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 12:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Basically, if you are in a LS that sells items, and doesn't do pay outs, chances are the leaders are lining their pockets.

No reason not to pay out really. Keep enough in bank to pay for dynamis glass, einherjar runs and split everything else.

yep, and if leaders just want more for themselves It wouldnt be bad if they took a 5% for themselves, after all they have the balls to be leaders and sponsor/do all that work, but they are obviously not doing all the work alone, so they should split currency.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2010-05-16 14:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to the original topic by the OP.

Our dyna is run by a leader. He pays for all the lamps and lots the singles and the 1st hundred that drops.

We don't get a payout for dyna, although we get a huge one from our VNM's.

We had a new member come for dyna-bastok around 13hrs ago. He complained how our system runs and that he doesn't get paid to do dyna or lot on the singles. He continued to complain through most of the run. This was his first run with us also. We just laughed in vent mostly. Then he offered to sponsor the Dyna-Sandy run... of course everyone wants to sponsor sandy, but no one wants to sponsor ***runs like windy or bastok. or dreamlands (due to obvious reasons)

Our rule is that you need 3 trial runs to lot on AF, if you're under 3 trial runs then you can only lot free lot (not FLE). 5 trail runs, then you get to lot the 2nd hundred piece that drops.

Mind you, we do 50% dreamworld 50% cities and others. The leader pays for all the entry, we don't. We also do the runs, farming, and ftw's low man. So at most we have 18 people.

Now it's not all for the leaders benefits. He does also have to sponsor all the ***runs as well.

So, I've been with this dyna LS for awhile. I love them. I was mostly there for my RNG AF's and city wins. They did Dyna-Bastok win last night just for me. This was their 3rd attempt. We did it with 12 people. Wednesday sadly was 11 and we ran out of time.

Not all Dyna is slave labor. 6 wootz ores dropped last night (160k each). I got one. 2 100 pieces dropped. The leader got one, and since I was on money instead of AF, I got to lot the second drop with 3 people... and won!

So last night i made 460k (gave 100 piece to leader for 1/2 price since he's awesome) plus i got my last win for dyna-beau access.

Sometimes you need to join an LS with people you enjoy playing with or stfu and move to another LS. If you're expecting handouts for a crappy job you did, then keep hopping LS's until you find a good one.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2010-05-16 14:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Loyalty goes a long way. Reward those that are always there with you when you need them. Not those that come only for the rewards.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-16 15:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a lot of trial runs to lot stuff...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-16 15:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Just in case you were saying that, apologies if I misunderstood~
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 15:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:

XD thats *** hilarious tbh.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 15:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

@ dragonwarrior,
what happends to the rest of the money from dynamis? I do recall that, dynamis makes more than 500k on city runs you know, infact, a little too much more than that. Just sayin'....

and agreed, too many trial runs.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2010-05-16 15:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a lot of trial runs to lot stuff...

You can lot anyways. Since its mostly low man 50-80% of the AF drops are FLE, or Free Lot. Once you're done with the 3 trial runs, you can lot for your primary choice's, or money. It's not like some random person can join, get their stuff and leave after the 1st run. Since no one really needed many things from Bastok, only 12 people showed up.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 15:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

so what happends to the money?
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2010-05-16 15:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
@ dragonwarrior,
what happends to the rest of the money from dynamis? I do recall that, dynamis makes more than 500k on city runs you know, infact, a little too much more than that. Just sayin'....

and agreed, too many trial runs.

I could also note that our Wednesday run only brought 200-300k in currency. Also you do know, singles have a tendency to not drop very often.

Dreamlands is 1hr... 2 hrs if you beat the boss. It's mostly a loss if you are funding it, unless you are lucky with the drops of course. AF's are awesome in dreamlands, but other than that it still gets funded.

Most of us goto dyna for the AF, if you want the AF then come, if not then, don't. The 2nd lot on 100 piece, is just a bonus.

But heck what do I know. I've been on a 5 year hiatus.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2010-05-16 15:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:

lol don't worry we love each other on Phoenix.