Do You Get Paid To Do Dynamis, Mess Up And Still Complain ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Do you get paid to do Dynamis, mess up and still complain ?
Do you get paid to do Dynamis, mess up and still complain ?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-16 08:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's a Dynamis LS that also does other events then they should get full amount but if it's an endgame ls that does Dynamis and they only join for that I can see them getting less than the other members. Not really fair if the split is only from dyna currency but I can understand it since they only go to those 2 runs a week.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
Server: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-05-16 08:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:
They have full rights to the money gained by the payout according to their attendance.
If they show up to a quarter of their events, they get a quarter of the payout as anyone who showed up to all of them.

eh i think its gay hes just paying them half because they dont do other events with him... i think leader is being unfair, because not everyone can do all the ls events, ppl have RL instead of dedicating so much time into a ls that will probably break when leader gets bored or w/e. if they do those events elsewhere thats also i believe, their problem.

I'm sorry, but you need some common senses.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-16 08:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:
They have full rights to the money gained by the payout according to their attendance.
If they show up to a quarter of their events, they get a quarter of the payout as anyone who showed up to all of them.

eh i think its gay hes just paying them half because they dont do other events with him... i think leader is being unfair, because not everyone can do all the ls events, ppl have RL instead of dedicating so much time into a ls that will probably break when leader gets bored or w/e. if they do those events elsewhere thats also i believe, their problem.

Um. How would you feel if you got 100k payout for coming on 4 runs and some chap not even in your guild only comes a single run and nets the same amount of gil as you?
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 08:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:

Um. How would you feel if you got 100k payout for coming on 4 runs and some chap not even in your guild only comes a single run and nets the same amount of gil as you?

okey, I'm talking about other linkshell events, and you know what? they get paid the same thing, but they didnt come to the other runs and therefor didnt recieve the same profits as you did.
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:

I'm sorry, but you need some common senses.

theres your common sence ^

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 08:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
If it's a Dynamis LS that also does other events then they should get full amount but if it's an endgame ls that does Dynamis and they only join for that I can see them getting less than the other members. Not really fair if the split is only from dyna currency but I can understand it since they only go to those 2 runs a week.

eh idk the leader seems pretty pissy strict to me, like he doesnt understand people have a life too, maybe he has none? I'm just saying.. . but I guess if you join EG linkshell you should expect leaders like that.

I for once have sky and dynamis separately. so if imiss sky it doesnt affect dyna...and i miss when i cant go. i even leave early most times because i cant stay till whenever they are done farming, so? they understand. thats what a real leader does, understand. i just hate leaders that are like OHHH YOU DONT DO ALL THE WORK RIGHT. right, whatever.
By Osanpoe 2010-05-16 08:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

eh idk the leader seems pretty pissy strict to me, like he doesnt understand people have a life too, maybe he has none? I'm just saying.. . but I guess if you join EG linkshell you should expect leaders like that.

I for once have sky and dynamis separately. so if imiss sky it doesnt affect dyna...and i miss when i cant go. i even leave early most times because i cant stay till whenever they are done farming, so? they understand. thats what a real leader does, understand. i just hate leaders that are like OHHH YOU DONT DO ALL THE WORK RIGHT. right, whatever.
I would agree but he stated that they are online just that they cant be arsed going to other events, nothing about rl. Also if he was being too strict he would be paying the 1/4 since they only go to 1 out of 4 events so i think he's being quite generous. If they do 2 dynamis runs a week and they only go to 1 then it seems pretty fair to me that they only get half since they put half the effort in.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 08:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Osanpoe said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

I would agree but he stated that they are online just that they cant be arsed going to other events, nothing about rl. Also if he was being too strict he would be paying the 1/4 since they only go to 1 out of 4 events so i think he's being quite generous. If they do 2 dynamis runs a week and they only go to 1 then it seems pretty fair to me that they only get half since they put half the effort in.

yeah i agree, but i disagree that he is also putting penalties on them for not doing his other 3 events. maybe they dont want to do it? not interested? i mean, who the *** wants to be a slave of a linkshell anyways? and if they do it with someone else, then let them, be glad they show up for dynamis, these kind of actitudes are what makes an endgame linkshell fall apart.
so if they go to one run out of two a week, maybe they cant come? and you really shouldnt put penalties on them, i mean, they arent recieving the money you split the day of the run they didnt show up, they should recieve the money for the run they did that night, saying they deserve less because they dont come to all his events it's just gay .
but if their online and dont want to come, thats just another story and should recieve a penalty i guess?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 08:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

anyways this thread was about leader being butthurt one of his members messed up and complained, your a leader, you shouold be used to this kind of *** by now, and you should know that it comes with being leader, you don't get everything handed out for you and no, players don't care, they will *** whine and leave. so don't be so butthurt if someone complains with out a fair reason and come to forums /crying.

to me leader is just new at w/e he is doing and his ls probably blows.

End Key.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-16 08:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This /thread. Everyone shut the *** up.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-05-16 08:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
anyways this thread was about leader being butthurt one of his members messed up and complained, your a leader, you shouold be used to this kind of *** by now, and you should know that it comes with being leader, you don't get everything handed out for you and no, players don't care, they will *** whine and leave. so don't be so butthurt if someone complains with out a fair reason and come to forums /crying.

End Key.
Want some cookies ?
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 08:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

End Key.
Want some cookies ?

:D YESSS. sugar free plz.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 08:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:

OP is butthurt.
 Phoenix.Spheroth
user: Spheroth
By Phoenix.Spheroth 2010-05-16 08:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:

O kojo your my favorite poster on the forum always making me lulz
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-16 08:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I should also throw in that it's not really a good idea to make your EGLS into a Dynamis or Limbus LS, for various reasons, such as members going to Dynamis/Limbus LSs that they have had since before joining your LS, and some members may not be interested at all in either, which takes up a slot you could fill with a participant. Also, if you have ToDs of any HNMs or something like Charybdis, Kreutzet, or something like that, all it takes is for one member to announce they got the ToD, and BOOM! an outsider shows up. Separate your LS functions and allow an independant roster to a Dynamis shell, that way there are only 'real' members.

EDIT: Disregard the preceeding if you have a completly closed LS, in which case you wouldn't allow outsiders or 'temporary members' to join events.

EDIT2:
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-16 09:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait... I can get paid to do Dynamis? brb Bahamut
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 09:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
I should also throw in that it's not really a good idea to make your EGLS into a Dynamis or Limbus LS, for various reasons, such as members going to Dynamis/Limbus LSs that they have had since before joining your LS, and some members may not be interested at all in either, which takes up a slot you could fill with a participant. Also, if you have ToDs of any HNMs or something like Charybdis, Kreutzet, or something like that, all it takes is for one member to announce they got the ToD, and BOOM! an outsider shows up. Separate your LS functions and allow an independant roster to a Dynamis shell, that way there are only 'real' members.

EDIT: Disregard the preceeding if you have a completly closed LS, in which case you wouldn't allow outsiders or 'temporary members' to join events.

EDIT2:

OP is a crappy leader. This thread should show that he is, for being butthurt in the beggining over something so small compared to what leaders have to endure.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-16 09:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I should also throw in that it's not really a good idea to make your EGLS into a Dynamis or Limbus LS, for various reasons, such as members going to Dynamis/Limbus LSs that they have had since before joining your LS, and some members may not be interested at all in either, which takes up a slot you could fill with a participant. Also, if you have ToDs of any HNMs or something like Charybdis, Kreutzet, or something like that, all it takes is for one member to announce they got the ToD, and BOOM! an outsider shows up. Separate your LS functions and allow an independant roster to a Dynamis shell, that way there are only 'real' members. EDIT: Disregard the preceeding if you have a completly closed LS, in which case you wouldn't allow outsiders or 'temporary members' to join events. EDIT2:
OP is a crappy leader. This thread should show that he is, for being butthurt in the beggining over something so small compared to what leaders have to endure.

He's not being butthurt, he's trying to prevent rumors, however the one single LS for everything is a bad idea.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 09:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I should also throw in that it's not really a good idea to make your EGLS into a Dynamis or Limbus LS, for various reasons, such as members going to Dynamis/Limbus LSs that they have had since before joining your LS, and some members may not be interested at all in either, which takes up a slot you could fill with a participant. Also, if you have ToDs of any HNMs or something like Charybdis, Kreutzet, or something like that, all it takes is for one member to announce they got the ToD, and BOOM! an outsider shows up. Separate your LS functions and allow an independant roster to a Dynamis shell, that way there are only 'real' members. EDIT: Disregard the preceeding if you have a completly closed LS, in which case you wouldn't allow outsiders or 'temporary members' to join events. EDIT2:

He's not being butthurt, he's trying to prevent rumors, however the one single LS for everything is a bad idea.

his rules already sux to me. Thats the kind of ls I wouldnt join in the first place, so i guess newbs join it.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-05-16 09:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what is the deal with you Darki but you need to stop attacking me personally. Everyone has their own opinions, you have your own which no one gives a ***about, so stop repeating yourself and try to act more like an adult.
My cookies offer still stands.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-16 09:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
his rules already sux to me. Thats the kind of ls I wouldnt join in the first place, so i guess newbs join it.

Inb4 lolwut, lol n00b, etc.
 Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-05-16 09:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't give Ancient Beastcoins from Limbus to people just because they, say, attend Einherjar. At least, I'd hope not. After all, they are separate events, with separate rewards, and a person should only get the rewards from the event he attends.

So, why give more gil from selling Dynamis currency to one group of players for reason which has nothing to do with earning those Dynamis currency? Hardly seems fair.

Now, if a member's performance was detrimental to the group, kick him--from Dynamis, Sky, Einherjar, whatever. But, every person who performed adequately well at an event over time should earn the same amount of gil from that event as every other person who performed adequately well for the same event, IMO.

Currency sale more than pays for the hourglass--no one ever needs to pay for a glass with his own money, so there never exists that "one person" who "owns" the currency drops.

You barely have to be competent to cover the hourglass cost and turn a profit. Actually, you don't even have to be competent--my current Dynamis group started as a shout group, and our first run didn't even finish clearing the Victory Square in San d'Oria after wiping or nearly wipping three or four times.

Know what that lousy first performance netted us? Enough currency to pay for the hourglass, and a little extra.

To argue that the currency (sometimes worth multiple million of gil) belong to some dude who spend a measly 500k is just silly. At most, pay him 5k for the trouble of getting the hourglass--any Dynamis LS can easily afford the glass and a tip for the fetch.

Dynamis currency is not Rare/EX--it is very liquid--transferable, and easy to turn into gil. Much more gil than the cost of the hourglass, too. So, in case it's not clear, yet: YOU ARE GETTING A TERRIBLE BARGAIN IF ALL YOU GET OUT OF DYNAMIS ARE SOME ARMOR AND EXP LOSS.

If you can't find an LS which shares the profit, take the skills you've learned, find some people with a sense of fairness, and form a LS which shares the gil with all its members instead of just a few "sponsors" reaping the big profit.

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 09:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Leonelf said:
I don't know what is the deal with you Darki but you need to stop attacking me personally. Everyone has their own opinions, you have your own which no one gives a ***about, so stop repeating yourself and try to act more like an adult.
My cookies offer still stands.

it's a forum OP, ppl troll, ppl take you seriously, other ppl don't care and 'attack' you.
so you get butthurt for ppl's opinions and butthurt being a leader and getting BS from ppl.

OP is too weak and has no sugar free cookies.
Darki no like.
 Unicorn.Ducea
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-05-16 09:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

there are very few "fair" payout dyna shells out there. if youre in a shell that doesnt payout ok you can gripe if you do your job well and never afk etc. HOWEVER if youre getting AF, and payouts and still not happy, then quit the game. I'm lucky to be in a well run payout shell and i've already seen people refusing to switch jobs, or just not playing well. which is all part of the game, I guess. but when everyone gets payout, 1 person can mess up and entire run. and in that case, everyone's payout/xp gets hurt. if the run dies, no one gets paid. so if youre fortunate enough to have a fair payout shell. then try to keep it alive instead of whining... otherwise go play WoW where you belong!
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 09:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Itazura said:
You wouldn't give Ancient Beastcoins from Limbus to people just because they, say, attend Einherjar. At least, I'd hope not. After all, they are separate events, with separate rewards, and a person should only get the rewards from the event he attends.

So, why give more gil from selling Dynamis currency to one group of players for reason which has nothing to do with earning those Dynamis currency? Hardly seems fair.

Now, if a member's performance was detrimental to the group, kick him--from Dynamis, Sky, Einherjar, whatever. But, every person who performed adequately well at an event over time should earn the same amount of gil from that event as every other person who performed adequately well for the same event, IMO.

Currency sale more than pays for the hourglass--no one ever needs to pay for a glass with his own money, so there never exists that "one person" who "owns" the currency drops.

You barely have to be competent to cover the hourglass cost and turn a profit. Actually, you don't even have to be competent--my current Dynamis group started as a shout group, and our first run didn't even finish clearing the Victory Square in San d'Oria after wiping or nearly wipping three or four times.

Know what that lousy first performance netted us? Enough currency to pay for the hourglass, and a little extra.

To argue that the currency (sometimes worth multiple million of gil) belong to some dude who spend a measly 500k is just silly. At most, pay him 5k for the trouble of getting the hourglass--any Dynamis LS can easily afford the glass and a tip for the fetch.

Dynamis currency is not Rare/EX--it is very liquid--transferable, and easy to turn into gil. Much more gil than the cost of the hourglass, too. So, in case it's not clear, yet: YOU ARE GETTING A TERRIBLE BARGAIN IF ALL YOU GET OUT OF DYNAMIS ARE SOME ARMOR AND EXP LOSS.

If you can't find an LS which shares the profit, take the skills you've learned, find some people with a sense of fairness, and form a LS which shares the gil with all its members instead of just a few "sponsors" reaping the big profit.

Thank you, you explained in kinder/wiser words what I was trying to say.

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 09:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Inb4 lolwut, lol n00b, etc.

;)
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 09:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ducea said:
there are very few "fair" payout dyna shells out there. if youre in a shell that doesnt payout ok you can gripe if you do your job well and never afk etc. HOWEVER if youre getting AF, and payouts and still not happy, then quit the game. I'm lucky to be in a well run payout shell and i've already seen people refusing to switch jobs, or just not playing well. which is all part of the game, I guess. but when everyone gets payout, 1 person can mess up and entire run. and in that case, everyone's payout/xp gets hurt. if the run dies, no one gets paid. so if youre fortunate enough to have a fair payout shell. then try to keep it alive instead of whining... otherwise go play WoW where you belong!

eh OP gives decent payouts yes, still his other rules sux and not worth joining him.
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-05-16 09:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree and disagree. Our Linkshell doesn't sell any currency for members to get as we have people working on relics. What we do though is pay for dream runs which drop 100's once every blue moon. We pay for outlands which usually break even but dont leave alot for sponsor currency so it goes on dream runs. We get those people gear and wins. They turn up and can get relic/acc/-1 we get on upgrading our relics and spare goes to cover dreamlands/***outlands. Very occasionally currency freedrops.

People here do make it sound that in 8 runs 4-6 being outland/dream with people working on relics that we somehow come out rolling in gil.

Dynamis serves two functions. Relic upgrading and Relic Armour. If you wish to change the former into a way of getting gil then it doesn't make it the way it MUST be and those working on relic are doing it wrong.

That said if they only make dyna but come to all of them i'd give them full amount unless this is your shells only main income for all your events then what you did was fine. If they *** about I'da talked to them, then told them, then kicked them.

As suggested if you use your main shell for dyna then you are doing it wrong.

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 09:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:

something something something.

Dynamis has too many profits on money, if the money isnt split, leaders are making money out of your back, so to make it fair, split the money you dont need, linkhshells that don't do that, are obviously trolling you.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-16 10:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't like that someone is upgrading a relic, don't join the LS. Simple as that.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-16 10:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tsumetai kita kaze futari wo chikazukeru kisetsu
Tsunaida yubi kara kobore dasu
Suki no kimochi koohii no jihanki no
Attakai osu tabi kokoro ni hi ga tomoru