Do You Get Paid To Do Dynamis, Mess Up And Still Complain ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Do you get paid to do Dynamis, mess up and still complain ?
Do you get paid to do Dynamis, mess up and still complain ?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-05-16 15:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there are different ways to view what's fair, even within a general guideline of "rewards for an event should be shared equally with all the people who attend the event as much as practicality allows."

For example, any group benefits from consistent member attendance, so I think it's OK to tweak the reward schedule to promote that: "Meet or beat X% attendance before you get a cut of the gil" sounds like a good compromise.

On the other hand, people have different weekly schedules, so penalizing people for not able to attend a Monday event from rewards of a Tuesday event seems a bit harsh to me.

Dynamis can be done two days a week, but not everyone is able (or willing) to do two days of 3hr+ in-game events. Our LS's solution is "Sundays with Sundays", and "Wednesdays with Wednesdays"--the two days have separate banks, and separate points tracking.

I can respect different opinions on how to adjust the rewards and how they are handed out to help promote good attendance and performance, but I cannot respect any system which concentrates the majority of gil benefits to just one person or just a handful of people.

Nor can I tolerate one group of people getting substantially less rewards for reasons not related to their performance or attendance for the event where the rewards come from. It's just not right.

Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 15:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dragonwarrior said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
@ dragonwarrior,
what happends to the rest of the money from dynamis? I do recall that, dynamis makes more than 500k on city runs you know, infact, a little too much more than that. Just sayin'....

and agreed, too many trial runs.

I could also note that our Wednesday run only brought 200-300k in currency. Also you do know, singles have a tendency to not drop very often.

Dreamlands is 1hr... 2 hrs if you beat the boss. It's mostly a loss if you are funding it, unless you are lucky with the drops of course. AF's are awesome in dreamlands, but other than that it still gets funded.

Most of us goto dyna for the AF, if you want the AF then come, if not then, don't. The 2nd lot on 100 piece, is just a bonus.

But heck what do I know. I've been on a 5 year hiatus.

been on linkshells that sponsor their own northland/dreamland runs and still split the money gained on city's. I learned long-time ago, if leader doesn't split currency I don't /join to watch him get what he wants.

I only go to dyna for relic, don't really care about the money, the one I am atm splits the currency on those who comment money, not everyone though, the linkshell sponsors half of the glass and leaders other half. I am just there for the relic, which are the best rules I've found suitable, not for money < still I wouldnt do a run with a leader that doesn't split currency. just saying.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2010-05-16 15:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
@ dragonwarrior,
what happends to the rest of the money from dynamis? I do recall that, dynamis makes more than 500k on city runs you know, infact, a little too much more than that. Just sayin'....

I could also note that our Wednesday run only brought 200-300k in currency. Also you do know, singles have a tendency to not drop very often.

Dreamlands is 1hr... 2 hrs if you beat the boss. It's mostly a loss if you are funding it, unless you are lucky with the drops of course. AF's are awesome in dreamlands, but other than that it still gets funded.

Most of us goto dyna for the AF, if you want the AF then come, if not then, don't. The 2nd lot on 100 piece, is just a bonus.

been on linkshells that sponsor their own northland/dreamland runs and still split the money gained on city's. I learned long-time ago, if leader doesn't split currency I don't /join to watch him get what he wants.

I only go to dyna for relic, don't really care about the money, the one I am atm splits the currency on those who comment money, not everyone though, the linkshell sponsors half of the glass and leaders other half. I am just there for the relic, which are the best rules I've found suitable, not for money < still I wouldnt do a run with a leader that doesn't split currency. just saying.

People have their preferences, and you have the right to have your own. We are a pretty new Dyna LS. It's mostly a part of our main ls. This is how we run thing. It will likely evolve into a different system, who knows. Personally, I'm happy to be in it, and so are most of the members. We do get new randoms every now and then. Its just like the OP mentioned. Some find this LS different than maybe what they expect in a dyna LS. In reality, I parse our runs as well as the drops. It usually evens out or a bit of a profit, but other than the total cost - fee. If people complain we hear it of course and work through it.

But in all seriousness, if you find a dyna LS that pay's you for a ***job, then join them, and stay with them. Btw Darki wtf are you doing in Kazham o.O
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 15:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
@ dragonwarrior,

People have their preferences, and you have the right to have your own. We are a pretty new Dyna LS. It's mostly a part of our main ls. This is how we run thing. It will likely evolve into a different system, who knows. Personally, I'm happy to be in it, and so are most of the members. We do get new randoms every now and then. Its just like the OP mentioned. Some find this LS different than maybe what they expect in a dyna LS. In reality, I parse our runs as well as the drops. It usually evens out or a bit of a profit, but other than the total cost - fee. If people complain we hear it of course and work through it.

But in all seriousness, if you find a dyna LS that pay's you for a ***job, then join them, and stay with them. Btw Darki wtf are you doing in Kazham o.O

eh wtf what wait? kazham? did you just /sea all me? I'm in phoenix yo!

and whats that about the dyna shell paying off for a ***job? eh whatever.

usually those small linkshells that start off and take all the money all the time, end up disbanning quickly as leader gets what they want, just your time wasted/points too.
knew someone that said he would make a dyna ls to get his relic wep, he did! and when he did, switched servers and left everyone behind.
 Phoenix.Spheroth
user: Spheroth
By Phoenix.Spheroth 2010-05-16 15:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix server seems to be very interested in this topic
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2010-05-16 16:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Spheroth said:

We're bored, nothing new here, carry on :o

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 16:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Spheroth said:

We're bored, nothing new here, carry on :o

wait i just realized your from phoenix too ~.~ damn my ADD, and I am leveling my sam. need for loldrg, and im starting to like it a little-too much
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-05-16 16:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Spheroth said:

you cant approve your own post! /denied
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 17:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Phoenix.Spheroth said:

you cant approve your own post! /denied
^
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-05-16 18:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again Darki I see where you are coming from but we dont shaft the bank. Our currency goes like this: Glass (if leader wants to recoup glass cost) > Then it goes into outland/dream bank if the run was for that > our Relic weapon > any thing we do like freedrop currency > then we sell the rest and this may shock you but i buy more currency if its my run, don't go and buy fancy gear and ***. Its not my free liquid gil to do that so i spend dyna money on dyna stuff.

You may think leaders make a shed load of cash but some are ligit, we put on lots of outland dream for our guys and its made sweet when someone thats been waiting 4 years for rdm hat or when I got my sorcs hat -1 or we had a night with 3 TH hands dropping.

We may not reward people with gil but we reward them by doing our best to get their ***.

TL;DR > Not everyone is an arsehole that decides not to split currency drops. Doing 6 runs solid of outlands/dream can be draining.
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-05-16 18:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

And just for the record we have 2 sponsors, atm im on bills which are worth *** all. I have had one basty in 6 weeks.

EDIT: I do think splitting gil is a fair way as well, not saying its wrong but saying gil payout is only way to make it fair is also not realistic. I could spend the time i spend in a full sandy run running around Castle Zvahl popping coffers for ballad 2 and make more then 1 mil a month just from that boring escapade.

Both ways are fine imho advacating one cos you believe all people that upgrade a relic are money hording *** is wrong though
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 19:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
And just for the record we have 2 sponsors, atm im on bills which are worth *** all. I have had one basty in 6 weeks.

EDIT: I do think splitting gil is a fair way as well, not saying its wrong but saying gil payout is only way to make it fair is also not realistic. I could spend the time i spend in a full sandy run running around Castle Zvahl popping coffers for ballad 2 and make more then 1 mil a month just from that boring escapade.

Both ways are fine imho advacating one cos you believe all people that upgrade a relic are money hording *** is wrong though

not all ls leaders that keep the currency keep it for 'bank pourposes' so to be safe i dont join those ls's.