Yes Another Gear Sugestions Request.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Yes another gear sugestions request.
Yes another gear sugestions request.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-08 19:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Dasva, wtf are you fighting that builds resist?

Im not talking about HNM, im talking about everything besides HNM.
Pretty much any nm can build resist. Just fight anything for any period fo time. You'll see it. Some are worst than others but meh. Now granted it might wear faster than it is building up but if liek I said you weren't landing them with high acc because you went all out on potency so you are spamming it on it yeah you can build resistance fast on mobs.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-08 19:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It appears you don't know how INT works.

No, it appears you do not.

Proven facts:

1INT = 1macc or 0.5macc depending on dINT. 7 skill = 7macc. 5 INT is NEVER > 5macc. There is no proven effect on duration/resilience of Bind being affected.

Far from knowing nothing, eh?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-08 20:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The only enfeeble I remember seeing proven to improve with int was blind. And by improve I mean anything to make it better not just landing it
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-04-08 21:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
You're not impressing anyone with your "I do well enough with what I have". Bind caps at 95% land rate. You WILL resist every 1/20 minimum, whether you are pimp or gimp. "I do well enough what I have" is the gimp mentality: I don't need an extra 1% Haste because I do well enough with what I have/things die fast enough already, etc etc with other upgrades.
Technically, since it's not like meleeing where it's all hit/miss, it is possible to never actually see "XXX resists your Bind" even with the 95% cap on accuracy because of the whole half/quarter/etc resist thing.

And keep in mind I pretty much agree with most of what you're saying, this one point kinda just stuck out at me.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-08 21:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That is true. You will still see it if you Bind a hell of a lot though, but I did forget that.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-08 21:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
That is true. You will still see it if you Bind a hell of a lot though, but I did forget that.

It's 3.36am in Exeter right now, why are you still awake!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-08 22:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well while you might not see the mob resist thing you will if you do enough. Resist for enfeebles tend to break down by certain amounts using some stupid formula. Basically most go into half, most of what is left go into 1/4 rest goes to full resist.

It's why even with like only 5% rate of fulling landing it you should still be able to land enfeebles that break down to 1/4 resist at a semi ok rate
 Bismarck.Nalien
Server: Bismarck
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2010-04-08 22:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Renavi said:
Pandemonium.Nalien said:
Yor has solo'd 3/4 Sky Gods just for reference.
Proof of this would be nice. :D

I believe the screenshot of the 6manned Jorm is more than sufficient to prove skills of molesting some shitty sky god rather than wasting my time of digging through other people's screenshots to show some gimp with NQ Staves anything.

@Bahamut.Raenryong:

You're just another of those little *** who copy/paste anything said on forums or Wikis and take it for granted, you know literally nothing, as your miniscule progress in this game proves.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-08 22:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nalien said:

@Bahamut.Raenryong:

You're just another of those little *** who copy/paste anything said on forums or Wikis and take it for granted, you know literally nothing, as your miniscule progress in this game proves.

Shame on you for not having WotG done, Raen.

Edit: Oh snap! You don't have Sandy or Bastok missions done either, Raen!
 Pandemonium.Nalien
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Nalien 2010-04-08 22:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope you are not implying a few missions and hardly mediocre gear are progress.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nalien
By Bismarck.Nalien 2010-04-08 22:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind, you would, you're even worse.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-08 22:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Nalien said:
I hope you are not implying a few missions and hardly mediocre gear are progress.
I see quite a few pieces of very nice gear. And as far as mission completion, if that doesn't count as progress, what does?

I'm curious as to what progress means to you.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-08 22:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nalien said:
Nevermind, you would, you're even worse.
I know where I stand on progress in this game. That's what happens with a lot of broken time in game. I never said I was someone to be compared to.

Edit: Also don't assume you know my knowledge of the game based off of my mission progress and/or levels.

Edit2: Aw, I guess I'm still too much of a n00b to rate another response =(

Edit3: Judging from your previous posts and looking through your equip history, I'm guessing it means having a relic. You sure are proud of that thing. That is a nice K.Club you have.
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-09 03:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nalien@Bahamut.Raenryong: said:
you[/b] know literally nothing, as your miniscule progress in this game proves.

Raen doesn’t copy and paste from wiki.

Raen is (was, I guess now he has quit) one of the best maths guys in the game. Sure his maths is based on the findings and analysis of people like Kaeko, CDF et al, but his maths is his own work and sound.

If he (amongst others in this thread) tell you that you are down 2macc then you are down 2macc.

Yes there is an assumption, and that assumption is that Enfeebling accuracy works in the same way as Elemental accuracy, which has been pretty much proved by Pchan’s bind testing but statistically speaking, there is still a small amount of doubt over this assumption.

But we do know:
* 5 is smaller than 7.
* INT does nothing for ‘potency’ of INT based enfeebling (sans Blind)
* Enfeebling > Prudence for all INT enfeebling (sans Blind).

I don’t care if you have soloed AV on a level 1 mule, game achievements have nothing to do with understanding game formulas, and it is obviously you don’t care to understand the formulas. The above 3 points are facts and unless you have new testing to prove otherwise you are gearing yourself wrong.
[+]
 Bismarck.Yor
user: poff
By Bismarck.Yor 2010-04-09 07:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
You're doing it wrong. Accept it, move on, don't try to criticise others when you're doing it wrong.

It's ok stop getting mad at it I said why I use a prudence torque , or keep crying over a 1.5macc.
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
The reason is that it is better. That is enough of a reason.

Hmmm k lol.
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
By the way, I'm not normally so acidic/aggressive but you and your follower did accuse me of not knowing what I am talking about so ~

You got mad in here hmmmm.
Valefor.Argettio said:
Bad choices are bad choices.

Choosing to be bad just makes you bad.

Because I'm missing 1.5macc ok? lawel

Diabolos.Renavi said:
Proof of this would be nice. :D

Sorry I dont own ss of things I do over and over and over again and I've to prove nothing :D
 Diabolos.Renavi
Server: Diabolos
user: Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-04-09 08:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

@Nalien
Yeah I have NQ Staves still, only 2/8. Sorry I don't spend all of my time farming for the rest or buying gil for them. Just because my gear isn't "great" by any means does not mean that I automatically don't know anything about the game. My gear isn't great, already said that, but did you look at my item sets? Did you look at what I'm trying to work towards while I play?

I'm not saying all those sets are the best for anything, but they should be good enough proof that I know 'something' about this game. Also, I haven't played for the 5+ years I'm guessing you have. My gear may be gimp but that doesn't mean my skill is. You haven't seen me play, you don't know how I play, stop judging on gear because gear is NOT everything.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-09 08:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

7 - 5 =/= 1.5

And your calling Raen's maths?

Even if you assume 1 skill = 0.9 m.acc (which it doesn't) your still wrong.

I still don't understand why you feel you have to defend your obviously wrong and stupid choices. You may as well sell your HQ rings and buy the NQs as you are so sure 2m.acc is worthless.

But at least you now accept it is a worse piece to use. We are making progress.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Nalien
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Nalien 2010-04-09 08:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Argettio, basic maths, good job on solving existing formulas, great achievment. He might have even passed school or gotten a degree, amazing.

Still love how people don't manage to read between the lines.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-09 08:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Nalien said:
Hey Argettio, basic maths, good job on solving existing formulas, great achievment. He might have even passed school or gotten a degree, amazing. Still love how people don't manage to read between the lines.

Between the lines of stupidity, arrogance and stubbornnessthere is..... more stupidity, arrogance and stubbornness.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-09 09:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Argettio said:
Pandemonium.Nalien said:
Hey Argettio, basic maths, good job on solving existing formulas, great achievment. He might have even passed school or gotten a degree, amazing. Still love how people don't manage to read between the lines.

Between the lines of stupidity, arrogance and stubbornnessthere is..... more stupidity, arrogance and stubbornness.
That's all I see too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-09 09:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It's 3.36am in Exeter right now, why are you still awake!

I'm in Torquay at the moment since I'm on break from uni for this month or so :( was up for most of the night playing Uncharted2/Modern Warfare2/Borderlands and stuff with some of my gaming companions!
Quote:
@Bahamut.Raenryong:

youmad.jpg
Quote:

I'm a huge gimp and I know it :(
Quote:
Raen is (was, I guess now he has quit) one of the best maths guys in the game. Sure his maths is based on the findings and analysis of people like Kaeko, CDF et al, but his maths is his own work and sound.

>:3 ty! And yah, I use other people's formulae; no shame in that. After all, it's exactly what you've been doing in maths everywhere else for years and years...
Quote:
You got mad in here hmmmm.

Nah. If you've played Modern Warfare 2 with me when the entire team is noobtubing/marathonlightweightcommando'ing etc, then you'll hear mad. This? This isn't mad.
Quote:
Because I'm missing 1.5macc ok? lawel

I'm going to use Ace's Helm over Walahra Turban when I don't need the accuracy because it looks better, okay? I don't like how Triumph Rings look so I'll just WS in Courage Rings. I won't notice the 3STR and 1% Haste difference anyway, and choosing what I think looks better makes me a good player, right?

Honestly Nalien, you sound like one of those big HNM players with inflated egos because they bot claim everything or one of those relic holders who think they're god just because they have had the luck and opportunity to get a relic. I did HNM for ages but I don't think I'm some god because I happened to get a botted Adaman Hauberk/Hecatomb Cap etc - it's all luck. Not everyone has the same luck I have or on the more extreme end you had so it's stupid calling people out over gear in a lot of cases.

You have a relic. Congrats - it doesn't give you the right to be a jackass though. Nobody cares about your gear, nobody cares about mine.

The fact is, Enfeebling Torque > Prudence Torque for Bind. That is the entire focus of this argument and this is undeniable if you agree that 7 > 5 (2.5 depending on dINT).
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-09 09:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Spider Torque?!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-09 10:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Well It can be augmented...
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-09 10:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:

True. It has the potential, but the fact I could just stick with Enfeebling Torque (which is guaranteed to be better and not completely luck based) kind of makes me think "Meh".
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-09 10:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
I got a spider torque with 2INT -1CHR -1DEX

That's pretty much equal to an Enfeebling Torque lol <_< at least some of the time.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-09 10:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
I got a spider torque with 2INT -1CHR -1DEX
That's pretty much equal to an Enfeebling Torque lol <_< at least some of the time.
And alot cheaper!!! Plus you can ghetto nuke in it!!!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-09 10:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Worse for meleeing than one though.
 Carbuncle.Xandor
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-04-09 10:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Pandemonium.Nalien said:
I see quite a few pieces of very nice gear. And as far as mission completion, if that doesn't count as progress, what does?

Game achivement = Buying HQ ***of AH /nod
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-09 10:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Raen said:
Krizz said:

I'm a huge gimp and I know it :(

It'll be ok. Nobody's perfect. If you want, you can look at my profile. Just think about how so much better your character is than mine.
Carbuncle.Xandor said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Pandemonium.Nalien said:

Game achievement = Buying HQ ***of AH /nod
BRB going to buy gil so I can be uber 1337 like these guys.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10