Yes Another Gear Sugestions Request.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Yes another gear sugestions request.
Yes another gear sugestions request.
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-04-07 14:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

is my current nuking gear, switch out different staffs and use an int earing in other slot along with another int ring.

is my current enfeebling gear, i switch out mind and int gear for the spells along with the staff(whats up now is what i use no matter what)

I am thinking those new earing sets with 5 magic acc and 5 magic atk, and saving for a enfeebling torque, also working on campaing for a sturms report.
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-04-07 15:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I would swap out duelist's for errant/mahatma unless the mob is really resistant, my setup is a big different but you shouldn't need the additional ele magic if you have merits.

I also don't have merciful cape so unless you're nuking something that would be consistantly resistant to your nukes I wouldn't bother with Duelist's Tights.

edit:

Thats my nuking set, redingote has macc/matt+4, been too cheap to buy phantom earring but I guess I should
 Bismarck.Drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-04-07 15:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you. any ideas for enfeebling? beside relic hat and ault cape?
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-04-07 15:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Drakelth said:
thank you. any ideas for enfeebling? beside relic hat and ault cape?
Enfeebling earring, enfeebling torque.

I see Earth Staff in your equip history. Get the HQ versions of the Ele staves for increased magic accuracy for enfeebling.

Terras = Slow
Austers = Gravity
Aquilos = Bind, Paralyze
Plutos = Sleep
etc

Could also pair those with the Ele grips if you desire more M.acc. I'm guessing since you're asking you are fairly new to mage jobs so I'd suggest meriting Enfeebling/Elemental magic skill 8/8 also.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-07 15:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For nuking on rdm won't Zenith hands and Yigit Feet produce better results? Or did I miss the point of this thread?
 Sylph.Kozuki
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-07 15:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythic wand +1 + muse shield for enfeebles!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-04-07 15:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kozuki said:
Mythic wand 1 muse shield for enfeebles!
lol
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-07 15:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally, you dont need staffs to land Para/Slow on most mobs. More mnd = stronger para procs and a stronger slow potency.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-04-07 15:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nuke Gear

HQ staffs: Auster/Aquilo/Jupiter/Pluto

Enf Gear

Staff + Ele Grip
Min or INT Earring (depends on enf)
Ring2 MND or INT (depends on enf)
 Sylph.Kozuki
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-07 15:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Too much skill, not enough potency.
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-04-07 15:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
For nuking on rdm won't Zenith hands and Yigit Feet produce better results? Or did I miss the point of this thread?
Usually it would be, but most of the time they'll be too resistant considering RDMs ele magic is only C+(230), with merits and gear you can bring it up to B or B+, but if you're that hardcore about nuking on RDM you've probably got BLM.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-04-07 16:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i been saving up for the HQ staffs, got ice so far but thats always cheep. trying to gear rdm for more endgaming things
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-07 16:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah well seeing as there are only 2 enfeebles you need to worry about potency about. Especially when you can say do alkurops (sp?) Get almost as much potency and ***ton more macc so you can add potency other places. Though really all you all out mnd all the time for para/slow rdms make me laugh. I watch you guys do that and get resist after resist and quickly build the NMs resistance so high that you can't land it at all after a few minutes. While I get a slightly less potent version that I keep up the whole fight.

/endrant

As far as nuking it highly depends on what you nuking and what subjob you are using. If you /sch you can almost pretend you are a blm and go more for potency.

Personally this is what I use. Though I do /sch alot if I am nuking hard stuff

Obvious improvements I'd like are full morrigan or if not full body legs hands. Auerole.... yeah right. That new int/skill torque.

This is my full macc/skill set for non potency

Mostly just needs auerole, the macc/mab set, morri legs. Obviously for slow/para some stuff gets swapped like mnd staff errant body mahatma feet. How much kinda depends on what fighting.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-04-07 16:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kozuki said:
Too much skill, not enough potency.

was still getting resisted in NW Apollyon :(
have 8/8 Enf on top o the gear too
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-04-07 16:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Enfeeb wise I just kinda stack skill because I'd rather not get resisted..that and I don't have chap yet :|
 Bismarck.Drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-04-07 16:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i got 8/8 blu magic skill i realy dont want to lower, might drop it 2 points and go 6 into ele enfeebling and blu magic skill, i think with some more acc gear and such i should be able to land constantly
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-04-07 16:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Drakelth said:
yeah i got 8/8 blu magic skill i realy dont want to lower, might drop it 2 points and go 6 into ele enfeebling and blu magic skill, i think with some more acc gear and such i should be able to land constantly
I wouldn't worry about dropping blu magic skill for ele/enfeeb, just cap out enfeeb and put on some more ele skill or macc for your nukes.

Edit: it takes some testing with your personal sets to find out whats best for you really
 Bismarck.Drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-04-07 16:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Bismarck.Drakelth said:
I wouldn't worry about dropping blu magic skill for ele/enfeeb, just cap out enfeeb and put on some more ele skill or macc for your nukes.

works for me
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-07 16:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda depends on what you are fighting. Try enfeebling /nuking something really hard and you will see the difference between meritted and non merited rdm. Like back when I did sky instead of doing something like chainstunning chainspell/hundred fist they would just have grav/bind since pretty much no one else in ls could land them on gods
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-07 17:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva, wtf are you fighting that builds resist?

Im not talking about HNM, im talking about everything besides HNM.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-08 06:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this has sort of been answered, but I think it needs a recap.

Enfeebling breaks into 3 categories:
1. INT (Sleep, Grav etc)
2. MND Static effect (silence etc)
3. MND Variable effect (Para and Slow only)

Some people will argue over INT increase bind or blind potency, those people have 0 supporting evidence, and just like arguments.

INT set should be as much skill as you can get without dropping too much INT, aim for ~100-120INT with maximum amounts of skill. This suggestion is based on the assumptions that magic accuracy for enfeebles works in a similar way to nukes.

My set

MND static set should basically be the same as above, just with MND instead of INT.

My set (needs a decent earring)

MND variable effect set shouldn’t be a single set. You should work towards at least 2 sets, a Staff set and a Wand/Shield set. These sets should have the maximum amount of MND you can find, while maintaining a decent land rate. Always try your first para/slow with the max MND set then re-try with a little less MND and more skill until you stick it.

A good Slow/Para build makes a lot of difference, it can make the difference between your tank struggling with shadows and simply overlapping Ni.

My staff set (is pretty rubbish, it’s the main set I am working on), I don’t have a wand set on FFXIAH as I am lazy.

At the OP, HQ staves is one of the main things to go for as RDM as they make landing stuff (relatively) easy, this is the basis of a solid ‘static effect build’ and gives you the flexibility to put more MND in your para/slow build.

As for nuking, HQ staves are the first order of the day here too. After that it all gets situational. It comes down to the mob/merits/food etc. But there are few situations where a RDM needs a full skill build (as any situation it is required, a RDM shouldn’t be nuking), so I carry a 1 size fits all build which works for most low man NMs and normal mobs.

[+]
 Bismarck.Yor
user: poff
By Bismarck.Yor 2010-04-08 07:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

mnd

If you want ballance of mnd and skill, and you're unhappy with the mnd for potency I use mahatma body still missing faith tork :/

int

Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-08 07:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Yor said:
mnd If you want ballance of mnd and skill, and you're unhappy with the mnd for potency I use mahatma body still missing faith tork :/ int

I am confused. Why take your Enfeebling torque off for INT enfeebles?

2 less m.acc by choice seems odd to me.
 Pandemonium.Yov
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Yov 2010-04-08 07:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Drakelth said:
is my current nuking gear, switch out different staffs and use an int earing in other slot along with another int ring.

You're using too much ele skill , cape matched with hat is more than enough with omega ring , use mahatma pants and a INT/MAB torque to max your dmg , I've no goliard or morrigans and I'm happy with it (morri feet/legs wise).
I used to nuke in merciful/af2 pants/af+1 hat then i noticed 10 ele is crap for rdm, hnm wise, so I moved back into mahatma gaining a quiet significant dmg boost.

fsf-.àè.àèdn-.+è.,ùàsoifsjoi posting with wrong account
 Pandemonium.Nalien
user: juro
By Pandemonium.Nalien 2010-04-08 07:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

this game is hard
[+]
 Bismarck.Yor
By Bismarck.Yor 2010-04-08 07:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Argettio said:
I am confused. Why take your Enfeebling torque off for INT enfeebles?

2 less m.acc by choice seems odd to me.

82 INT base vs 59 mnd base on both set I should be around 330 enf skill with a more than enough macc.
Enf tork only for "sleeps and poison"
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-08 07:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Yor said:
Valefor.Argettio said:
I am confused. Why take your Enfeebling torque off for INT enfeebles? 2 less m.acc by choice seems odd to me.
82 INT base vs 59 mnd base on both set I should be around 330 enf skill with a more than enough macc. Enf tork only for sleeps

But what does the 5 extra INT give you? You're not getting more "potency" (unless you have testing proving bind has potency).

There is simply no reason ever Prudence over Enfeebling for INT enfeebles, even if you do have 'capped' m.acc.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Nalien
user: juro
By Pandemonium.Nalien 2010-04-08 07:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ok
 Pandemonium.Yov
By Pandemonium.Yov 2010-04-08 07:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Argettio said:

But what does the 5 extra INT give you? You're not getting more "potency" (unless you have testing proving bind has potency).

There is simply no reason ever Prudence over Enfeebling for INT enfeebles, even if you do have 'capped' m.acc.

Blind , Gravity about dispel and bind I can care less about 2 macc not like macc gonna make dispel delete more than one benefit status on mob or skill will make bind last longer
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-08 07:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Skill will make Bind land which can save your *** though.

My Bind/Grav:

My MND-heavy:

Swap second wand for Muse Tariqah if not /nin. I have a Mahatma Hat if the mob is REALLY non-resistant.

My RDM really needed salvage gear :(
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10