Whats A Good Ah Job?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Whats a good ah job?
Whats a good ah job?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Elvaton
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-03-02 14:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sitting around making money...so i was wondering whats a good ah job since im not a fan of endgame and i would like something that i can gear well without having to do endgame just want to hear some others thoughts and opinions

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-02 14:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No such thing as a "good" ah job. While some jobs depend less on endgame items than others, not sure I'd be willing to call any job "good" based on AH gear alone. I'm not much of a mage person though, so it may not be the same case for them as it is for melee.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-02 14:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:
SAM.
no
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-02 14:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You honestly won't have a well geared job without at least the basic endgame gear, no matter what job you level. Just level something you like instead... If you're not doing endgame I can't see it mattering anyway.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-02 14:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

be a wealthy merchant, thats a great AH job.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-02 14:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Love the new avatar.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-03-02 14:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-02 14:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM maybe?
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-02 14:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

its basically saying "Duuurrrrrrr"
 Fenrir.Tokii
user: Tokii
By Fenrir.Tokii 2010-03-02 14:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM is easy enough to gear from the AH, aside from a few HMP pieces, some AF2, ampoule items, and ethereal to idle in if you're that picky.
[+]
 Bismarck.Evolex
user: Evolex
By Bismarck.Evolex 2010-03-02 14:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Garuda.Mabrook said:
SAM.
no

Takes less skill/gear in order to make SAM work. Won't be pulling OMGWTF numbers, but yeah sam'd be up there if ya don't wanna do endgame.

Either that or level a healing job to just sit around and heal or something.

If ya like a job enough, you'll end up doing endgame one way or another.

Edit: Not saying anything of you career sams out there. Just saying, it's not that hard to gear for as a DD to put out ok numbers.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-02 14:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
SCH

Pretty much because we have no choice, lol. BLM is also a good choice if you're going the way of an AH job. Lots of readily available gear that's at a decent price.
Garuda.Mabrook said:
SAM.

I said this too once, but apparently it's not for some reason. No one did bother to mention why. I guess Kitty Pants are serious business.

And before anyone jumps on me for backing SAM as an answer (again), we all know the best gear doesn't come from the AH. So we all know it won't be the best from there alone.
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-02 14:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think ppl will care alot less if youre a good ah mage over good ah dd, only so much dd you can do as an ah dd, well there would be only so much you can do as an ah mage too but I rekon it would be far more beneficial to have an ah mage that gets invited to ***over an ah dd that doesnt.

Im ony 66 brd but thinking of alot of 75 brd gear Is ah buyable to be respectably geared bard.

Tbh with all these changes otw and lvl cap increases "endgame" will change and stuff you may of thought would be too hard to obtain or require a ls might just get a whole lot easier.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-03-02 14:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Basilo said:
I think ppl will care alot less if youre a good ah mage over good ah dd, only so much dd you can do as an ah dd, well there would be only so much you can do as an ah mage too but I rekon it would be far more beneficial to have an ah mage that gets invited to ***over an ah dd that doesnt. Im ony 66 brd but thinking of alot of 75 brd gear Is ah buyable to be respectably geared bard. Tbh with all these changes otw and lvl cap increases "endgame" will change and stuff you may of thought would be too hard to obtain or require a ls might just get a whole lot easier.

Yeah. And AH DDs will be missing the basic R/E stuff (haidate/homam hands legs feet.... unless you merc it.)
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-02 14:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Evolex said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Garuda.Mabrook said:
SAM.
no

Takes less skill/gear in order to make SAM work. Won't be pulling OMGWTF numbers, but yeah sam'd be up there if ya don't wanna do endgame.

Either that or level a healing job to just sit around and heal or something.

If ya like a job enough, you'll end up doing endgame one way or another.

Edit: Not saying anything of you career sams out there. Just saying, it's not that hard to gear for as a DD to put out ok numbers.
Never said it wasn't going to be more gimp than other jobs that do endgame, but just because it's better than X job that doesn't do endgame still doesn't make it good. If you want to be good, you're going to have to do endgame. There are small increases (haub to haub+1) then there are huge ones (haidate which on a 2hander is 11-12 acc and 5 haste in a single slot)
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-02 14:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
WHM.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tokii
By Fenrir.Tokii 2010-03-02 14:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM is a very bad job to level when you don't want to do endgame. I'm not sure I know of any DD jobs that can really be good without at least some endgame gear. S:
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-02 14:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ok, here is my SCH item set I just made for AH. I'm not sure what are good gloves and boots besides goliard..

Errant Hands probably. Not sure on the feet.
 Bismarck.Evolex
user: Evolex
By Bismarck.Evolex 2010-03-02 15:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tokii said:
SAM is a very bad job to level when you don't want to do endgame. I'm not sure I know of any DD jobs that can really be good without at least some endgame gear. S:

If the OP is looking to be an AH job, then he's not looking to be really good I'd say.
 Fairy.Nekozuko
user: Nekozuko
By Fairy.Nekozuko 2010-03-02 15:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd does pretty well with AH only >.>
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-02 15:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Errant Hands probably. Not sure on the feet.
I know on BLM, being male hume, I had Custom M Boots

Ebur Sabots is the closest I could find to being AH-able. You can buy the starting part from the AH, but have to use Aptants to make the end product.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-02 15:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I wouldn't recommend sam anyways if he doesn't plan on doing endgame. Sam shines in endgame because the massive boost to y/g/k that other ws' aren't seeing the love on. When you bring it to mobs w/ low enough defense, other jobs stomp sam, imo, unless you bring out the polearm, which takes that stellar endgame gear to pull off, so that'd be out of the question here.
 Garuda.Darkfurycult
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Darkfurycult 2010-03-02 15:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
WHM.

i third that
[+]
 Fenrir.Tokii
By Fenrir.Tokii 2010-03-02 15:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Evolex said:
Fenrir.Tokii said:

If the OP is looking to be an AH job, then he's not looking to be really good I'd say.

You're probably right! I just said WHM was probably the best choice, but I think DDs are way too gear-dependent to be worth leveling without intent to do at least a little endgame. If you're just going to be doing campaign or something like that, you're not going to need to be very good though. :>
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-02 15:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK is a good job that won't be too lol with straight AH gear.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5