Whats A Good Ah Job?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Whats a good ah job?
Whats a good ah job?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-02 23:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I know everyone's in denial about a lot of endgame gear being obsolete soon, but it's really hard to judge what's going to be a good job and what isn't with the level caps and matching gear coming up.

tbh, for all we know, ANY job could be a good AH job by the time you take a job from 1-75/99, at least until the next wave of endgame gear comes out.

it's a bad time to make accurate predictions on a subject like this
 Shiva.Demiomega
Server: Shiva
user: Demiomega
By Shiva.Demiomega 2010-03-02 23:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

so true
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-02 23:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Nekozuko said:
With CoP level caps being removed you can breeze through COP...

are you sure they said anything about uncapping the battlefields?
 Fairy.Shiyo
Server: Fairy
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-02 23:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ok, here is my SCH item set I just made for AH. I'm not sure what are good gloves and boots besides goliard..

Goliard isn't even good, errant gloves(helix), vicious mufflers(nukes)(easily duoable, kind of difficult solo probably, extremely easy trio), yigit boots(Trioable). Yeah, sch is ok for AH gear, a lot of it's gear for nuking isn't really rare/ex stuff, but you get a lot from rare/ex gear, mainly relic. I wouldn't want to play SCH in AH only gear, however, you can easily fully gear a sch for light and dark arts without much effort at all ^-^, only hard thing would be novio(bleh!) and prudence torque.

I'd say the best AH geared job is bard.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-02 23:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

accidental post, hit quote instead of edit ><
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-02 23:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say brd. A few things you can't get that's endgame though is a Loq, Musical earring and an Omega ring. (though debatable)
[+]
 Asura.Sidi
Server: Asura
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2010-03-02 23:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just choose w/e job you want. Any job will be using AH gear up until 70's, and by that time you'll have other resources around to acquire what else you need -- besides the fact that everyone had to work for their endgame gear sooner or later, and had AH gear on in the meantime.

I finished CoP completely via shout parties, then proceeded to farm myself up a brutal earring, loqucious earring, and boxer's mantle <-- three great pieces of "endgame" gear that doesn't need anyone but you to acquire (once you get sea that is, which isn't nearly as bad as ppl make it out to be, besides being a great story and fun time)

there are mercs out there for most other gear if you really feel the need to get... (although can be difficult), and then theres very comparable gear that can be acquired in lo-man situations such as askar gear via nyzul isle <-- 6 people, and you dont even need a disk, just join a shout party for one of those levels, and you've got you're chance

Frankly, I hate endgame and haven't done more than a dabble in it, and don't plan on doing it; yet I'd say I have some pretty decent gear. no its not the most ubersome gear possible, but neither do I expect it to be when I don't have the time to join an hnmls -- it still gets its job done, and its still better than most peoples "lolahjob"s. And despite me not doing endgame, its not going to stop me from leveling whatever I want. Eventually I'll get all the gear I want for all the jobs I want *shrug*

but if you're really really still that worried about it...

bst... ppl still play it in their AF gear (which I'd recommend against, but hey, free gear, and noone to complain about it)
Brd... very little actual gear requirements, a few instruments, some chr, and more brains than gil needed
whm... as others said, endgame gear is situational for it, since this job is much more skillbased than gear based, people need whms regardless (just dont go to an event wearing +agi gear)
pld... maybe not completely "ah"able, but with campaign gear out now, you can get damn good gear for pld completely solo
pup... people will laugh at you regardless, just how it is. Try to gear it as best you can, because having a bad rep isn't that fun; but most of this job goes into the automaton, which is basically AH-ed
rng... has a lot of good ahable gear, especially if you put your time/funds into getting a really good bow (its debatable, but if you know how to gear, and have a vali's/ebow not too many will complain)

personally I'd say the rest of the jobs can go on there, but it comes down to the same thing -- use AH gear while working on ra/ex alternatives, which doesn't neccesarily mean endgame, but maybe a group of friends, or soloed something
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-02 23:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Einherjar is a joke, you can go with any random LS and just wipe 24/7 and eventually get 15k theiron ichor, musical/loq/omega is also not required at all, you can get by without it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-03 00:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
Einherjar is a joke, you can go with any random LS and just wipe 24/7 and eventually get 15k theiron ichor, musical/loq/omega is also not required at all, you can get by without it.

I suppose that depends on your definition of "getting by"

If by getting by you mean getting an egls then you could go naked. If by getting by you mean actually playing bard to a decent level, then they are necessary.
[+]
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-03 00:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need loq earring(wtf is this even for...its a complete luxury)/omega ring/musical earring to merit/buff in 99.9999% of end game evnts.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-03 00:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess that's your opinion. If the pieces were ridiculously hard to get then I would agree with you, seeing as their not, I don't.
[+]
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Server: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2010-03-03 10:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM and WHM are the only jobs that can be geared from the AH without people raising an eyebrow. If you don't care about missing out on Byakko's Haidate for meleeing, then BST is another decent choice.

BRD? No. Skill is everything when it comes to buffs, and any significant amount comes from RE/EX gear (AF+1, Bard's Roundlet/Marduk Tiara, Musical Earring, sea cape, Oracle's Pigaches). If you're looking to hit that magical 11% Victory March, it's not happening.

SCH? Again, no. The SCH equal for a BLM's weskit is the Royal Redingote and no wants to take a SCH to do the final ACP fight if they have a choice. 3/5 of the Argute set is a must have for SCH, while relic is a luxury a BLM can live without. Yes, SCH and BLM can share a fair amount of gear, but the pieces they can't share are irreplaceable with AH gear.

Here's a pair of SCH nuking the same Aw'aern. Yuki is nuking in AH gear and using Ebullience (+20% damage), I'm using Parsimony instead:

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=36755
 Bahamut.Memimi
Server: Bahamut
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2010-03-03 11:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM and WHM aren't too bad... and ya... sure there is a lot of good r/ex BRD gear, but you can make a decent BRD without r/ex gear. No job is gonna be totally amazing without r/ex gear... but BLM, WHM, and BRD can all be pretty good without it. It's gonna be mostly mage jobs that can do well without r/ex gear because you miss out on that haste gear on your melee jobs...
 Pandemonium.Areis
Server: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2010-03-03 11:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Jobs i wouldn't gear from the AH:
Samurai... Byakko's or bust
Monk... Black Belt or bust
Summoner... You can do it but your going to suffer from a lack of -pert & +Summoning
Dragoon... Most Drg gear is crap, you need to work for a few pieces to be respectable
Blue Mage... If you can't get Relic body don't bother, most everything else you can come up with from AH
Paladin

Jobs you could AH gear depending on how you want to use them
Corsair... You'd be Cor/Whm for life but you could do it
Black Mage... Your going to suffer someone always being better than you but you can get by

Jobs you could definatly AH gear:
White Mage... Your Hmp set would be lacking but if you know what your doing you'll be able to get by really well with an AH casting set

Ok well that's everything i have i have leveled, so i wouldn't comment on anything else.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-03 11:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Demiomega said:
hmm idk but if money isnt a issue i could make a decent sam of course it make take quite some time but.... head MoK head, neck Ancient Torque, ear 1 Bushinomimi, ear 2 brutal earring, Hauby 1, Hachiman Kote 1, ring 1 rajas, ring 2 mars's ring (yes yes i know), back Cerb. Mantle 1, waist Ninurta's Sash (same as mars's), pants Hachiryu Haidate, feet Hmn. Sune-Ate 1, weapon Futsuno Mitama or a hagun and if your worried about the enmity from cerb 1 grab a Failnaught now obviously this is assuming gil isnt a issue time isnt a issue and with no gear swaps, but as previous people have said, you will still be out done but other sam with end game gear and you will have 100s of mil invested but you will still throw out some ok numbers
We can't assume that gil isn't an issue and with that gear it would be well over 200m for most of it. You could buy almost anything from endgame without doing Endgame for that ammount of gil. And from what you described those would all be decent options for a WS onry sam but where is the gear for Tping? Go ahead and say dusk+1 hands, Speed Belt too right?
Asura.Shamaya said:
Definitely brd. and to some extent, cor, sam, mnk, war...
Hard for sam, mnk and war to be efficent without a little Haste. Black belt for mnk couldn't happen as well as Byakko's and swift/Vbelt. Hard for a DD to be from AH if ya ask me..
 Garuda.Glaciont
Server: Garuda
user: glaciont
By Garuda.Glaciont 2010-03-03 11:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Areis said:
Jobs i wouldn't gear from the AH:
Samurai... Byakko's or bust
Monk... Black Belt or bust
Summoner... You can do it but your going to suffer from a lack of -pert & Summoning
Dragoon... Most Drg gear is crap, you need to work for a few pieces to be respectable
Blue Mage... If you can't get Relic body don't bother, most everything else you can come up with from AH
Paladin

Jobs you could AH gear depending on how you want to use them
Corsair... You'd be Cor/Whm for life but you could do it
Black Mage... Your going to suffer someone always being better than you but you can get by

Jobs you could definatly AH gear:
White Mage... Your Hmp set would be lacking but if you know what your doing you'll be able to get by really well with an AH casting set

Ok well that's everything i have i have leveled, so i wouldn't comment on anything else.

Bard you can totally get most if not all from AH or AFv1...
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-03 12:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you get Royal Redingote as SCH? It's like...less damage than errant body, less acc than AF, wtf? Why would you not take a SCH for that fight, considering they can HEAL THE TANK or be main stunner on the crystal? The only non-AH nuke gear for sch is yigit boots, moldavite earring, novio earring, +5 int einherjar cape, vmufflers and Prudence torque O_o. All easy to get gear besides torque/novio, so 2 items you have less than an AH geared sch, oh my!

The difference between a naked brd and a geared brd buffing is so minor it barely matters besides instruments ~_~
 Garuda.Glaciont
Server: Garuda
user: glaciont
By Garuda.Glaciont 2010-03-03 12:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
Why would you get Royal Redingote as SCH? It's like...less damage than errant body, less acc than AF, wtf? Why would you not take a SCH for that fight, considering they can HEAL THE TANK or be main stunner on the crystal? The only non-AH nuke gear for sch is yigit boots, moldavite earring, novio earring, 5 int einherjar cape, vmufflers and Prudence torque O_o. All easy to get gear besides torque/novio, so 2 items you have less than an AH geared sch, oh my!

The difference between a naked brd and a geared brd buffing is so minor it barely matters besides instruments ~_~

lol O_o so you don't even have to buy stuff you can just got naked is what your saying?
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-03 12:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

People won't care if you're naked or not as a brd as long as you have instruments(hell I doubt they even care about that. You shouldn't run around naked, but gear barely helps brd outside of elegy/sleep, and brds are mostly needed just for zerg fights anyways(there's usually enough other geared brds to pass around for non-zerged fights) with SV nightngale/troubour.
By volkom 2010-03-03 12:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

good AH job in which you can get most of your gear from the AH?. ninja! or cor >_> you waste tons of money on tools/bullets, not many rare/ex weapons to get. very few rare/ex gear you need. only like some AF, byakkos, cor relic hat/body and AF hat. other than that. everything else you can buy
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-03-03 12:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:

Quoted for truth. And all but the elite melee don't give a goddamn how well their party's BRD is geared or what Victory March tier they hit. All that goes through their heads is "yay buffs!" As far as crucial gear goes, the only big gear pieces are Apollo's Staff, Terra's Staff, and the essential Song +2 instruments. Most mobs can be debuffed with HQ staves and a decent CHR build, and for everything else, there's /BLM for ES+Elegy.

There's only one piece of gear that truly differentiates a BRD from other BRDs, and that's Gjallarhorn.

[+]
 Fairy.Nekozuko
user: Nekozuko
By Fairy.Nekozuko 2010-03-03 12:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh honest 11% is not the magical cap for Victory March, in fact it's 12%

Skill for Victory tiers is
499 combined with Wind and Singing is 11%
567 combined with Wind and Singing is 12%
A theoretical 13% cap would be skill of 633.

At 75 a brd gets combined skill of 450, so a brd needs 49 skill to reach the 11% haste. The Item set I gave adds a total of 24, resulting a nearly obtainable through just capped one set of singing merits.
 Hades.Silas
Server: Hades
user: Silas
By Hades.Silas 2010-03-03 13:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Without a doubt, White Mage has to be the easiest job to gear from Ah

Light/Dark Staff| Staff Strap| Blank| Hedgehog Bomb|
Faerie Hairpin | Beak Necklace+1| Star Earring|Magicians ER.
Nobel's/Atisto| RSE Hands*| Serket Ring| Ether Ring
Errant Cape| Hierarch Belt| Blessed. Trou.| RSE Feet*

*generally highest MP item for the slot

Other then Errant body for HMP+, thats all that is needed

Crap ton of MP+, Auto Refresh, Cure Pot+, and HMP gear

[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-03 13:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Silas said:
Without a doubt, White Mage has to be the easiest job to gear from Ah Light/Dark Staff| Staff Strap| Blank| Hedgehog Bomb| Faerie Hairpin | Beak Necklace 1| Star Earring|Magicians ER. Nobel's/Atisto| RSE Hands*| Serket Ring| Ether Ring Errant Cape| Hierarch Belt| Blessed. Trou.| RSE Feet* *generally highest MP item for the slot Other then Errant body for HMP , thats all that is needed Crap ton of MP , Auto Refresh, Cure Pot , and HMP gear
There are much better things a whm should do in some of those slots but yeah you basically got it right.
 Cerberus.Inglorion
Server: Cerberus
user: Inglorion
By Cerberus.Inglorion 2010-03-03 13:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think being an overnight stocker at safeway is a good job
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-03 14:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental Torque over Enlightened Chain. Hell, if you insist on the INT just use Philomath Stole and save some gil.

EDIT: What about that INT+4 neckpiece? Not AHable but it's just a random NM, not endgame.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-03 14:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Int+4 neck..Orly?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-03 14:54:02