Whats A Good Ah Job?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Whats a good ah job?
Whats a good ah job?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fairy.Shiyo
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-03 14:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Elemental Torque over Enlightened Chain. Hell, if you insist on the INT just use Philomath Stole and save some gil.

EDIT: What about that INT 4 neckpiece? Not AHable but it's just a random NM, not endgame.
SCH can't use philomath stole, you also don't need 7 elemental skill when you're at capped acc, 3 int is better. I nuke in prudence torque and have 0 resist problems ever on normal crap/nms, if I have resist problems its on something like gods/wyrms/hnm's and I just use klima form + skill gear. That neck also has a TERRIBLE drop rate, I went 0/11 with TH4 and ended up getting prudence torque before that neck -_-
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-03-03 14:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Elemental Torque over Enlightened Chain. Hell, if you insist on the INT just use Philomath Stole and save some gil.

EDIT: What about that INT 4 neckpiece? Not AHable but it's just a random NM, not endgame.

scholar cant use philo stole btw. assuming thats a comment to the sch gearset.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-03 14:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it was. D'oh.

[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-03 14:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
Quoted for truth. And all but the elite melee don't give a goddamn how well their party's BRD is geared or what Victory March tier they hit. All that goes through their heads is "yay buffs!" As far as crucial gear goes, the only big gear pieces are Apollo's Staff, Terra's Staff, and the essential Song 2 instruments. Most mobs can be debuffed with HQ staves and a decent CHR build, and for everything else, there's /BLM for ES Elegy.

There's only one piece of gear that truly differentiates a BRD from other BRDs, and that's Gjallarhorn.

Quoted for being wrong.

The difference between a naked bard and a well geared bard doing marches is 1% Haste.
A free 1% Haste on a dd, where you don't have to sacrifice anything to get it.

For comparison, switching from dusk > dusk+1 hands (also getting a similar "free" 1% haste) costs about 20m.

Going from swift belt to Speed Belt (2% haste at the cost of 3 acc) is about ... 40m? Speed belt prices vary a lot, but about 20m/% of haste.

If you're singing madrigal or minuet for a zerg, then sure, you'll hit the cap easily and skill/gear doesn't overly matter beyond instrument. But in a pt where you're solo bard and singing double march? Yes, skill levels do matter.
[+]
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-03 15:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, a 1% haste difference on a well geared brds song vs a crap brd is equal to a monk/war/etc in AH only gear.

/rolls eyes. diaf.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-03 15:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I suspect Ninian would take Altar's side on this one. GHorn is the most visible improvement to a BRD's performance by far (Ballad +2 will that for you), but that's no excuse to gimp out your basic builds until then. ***does matter, however slightly.
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-03 15:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually am <_<

Anyone taking his side makes no sense, how can you honestly say a 1% haste difference on songs is equal to a AH geared DD job?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-03 15:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Because neither of the examples are representative of crap DDs? They're two of the most expensive upgrades you can make to a DD job.
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-03 15:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Because neither of the examples are representative of crap DDs? They're two of the most expensive upgrades you can make to a DD job.
What?

Thread title: What's a good AH job?

Conclusion: Brd

Idiot #1: lulz 1% haste difference makes it so brd isn't a good AH job! If you're going to brd you better gear it to the max, so you have 1% more haste, because if you don't, you're going to be as gimp as an AH geared melee!11111111111

My conclusion: Shut up and die.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-03 15:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I never said anywhere that mnk or war would be great AH jobs.

Byakko's is far too great a piece for me to say that any DD capable of using it would be a good AH job.

My sole point was to correct people who think naked brd is fine for pt use.

Like I said, if you're rotating bards, and the naked bard is singing a different song, then sure, naked ftw. But, the idea behind this discussion is that the player is not involved in endgame, and thus wouldn't be rotating bards, meaning theyre very likely singing march, (breath), meaning that there is a big difference between well geared and naked.

My initial thought would be that one of the mage jobs would be better off with an AH build, but that could be very biased and uninformed as I don't have any mage jobs levelled beyond 40.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-03 15:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe... just maybe... the topic strayed away from the AH-geared types for a moment there?

Maybe.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-03 15:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

/does the moonwalk
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-03 15:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, a 1% haste difference is going to completely make brd an unviable AH geared job. You are right, whatever was ANYONE THINKING!
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-03 15:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

/does the moonwalk the other way
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-03 15:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yes, a 1% haste difference is going to completely make brd an unviable AH geared job. You are right, whatever was ANYONE THINKING!
See above. The current conversation isn't with respect to AH-geared versus non, it's naked BRD vs well-geared BRD and well-geared DD vs well-geared DD with Dusk +1.
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-03 15:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Maybe... just maybe... the topic strayed away from the AH-geared types for a moment there?

Maybe.
I saw the part where you called me sweetheart <_<

My point is, he's trying to say if you're in AH gear as a brd you're gimp compared to a real brd because of a MINOR 1% haste. That's insanity, you can say there is a SLIGHT difference, but you can't say it'll matter enough to care about.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-03 15:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Maybe.

You're ninja editting a lot tonight, here and on BG! I just happen to coincidentally see the threads just at the "right time"!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-03 15:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Maybe.

You're ninja editting a lot tonight, here and on BG! I just happen to coincidentally see the threads just at the "right time"!
I do it a lot every night :( I always think of a better way to say it right after I hit Submit.

Again, Shiyo: differentiate. The original topic and the current conversation are not as connected as you're trying to make them.

EDIT: And who said anything about gimp? We're just establishing that it does matter.

EDIT2: Apparently I did, but if you can't recognize what I meant by that and the fact that small differences still matter I'm not going to bother with this conversation any more.
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-03 15:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ok he's right there's a difference between a well geared brd and AH brd, 1% haste difference.

He was just really offensive "QUOTED FOR BEING WRONG" like it's not obvious there's a slight difference, it just doesn't matter at all because it's so minor no one on the internet besides extreme elitists are going to care.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-03 15:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch you don't get banned on BG for editing NFyre >.>

And i never *said* gimp. I'm just trying to point out the difference between a well geared bard and one that isn't. I know in my shell, the brd w/ highest skill is always the one called on to do marches for that reason.

Plus, when you're doing marches, you're generally in a high haste scenario (spell haste, march haste, gear haste), so yada yada yada increasing returns on haste, blah blah blah that extra 1% haste could be more valuable than the haste seen on gear pieces.

edit: the "quoted for being wrong" bit was just a reference to his "quoted for truth". I had thought "quoted for being a lie" was a bit too rude. and "quoted for false" just sounds weird.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-03 15:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Only get banned if I ninja edit an OP :3 I never make threads so I'm not really worried about that. Besides, it's very rare that I remove rather than just reword, which is allowed.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-03-03 15:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This discussion is going to go nowhere because you're arguing different points.
By volkom 2010-03-03 15:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

when was the last time 1% of anything was game breaking?
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-03 15:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

To the elitist of the elite, 1% is serious business, dude!
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-03 15:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM hands down.

BRD can be as well if you have sea you can just buy ABC's. Though you wouldnt have the awesome HQ af, so... if you wanna be a gimp BRD for merits only then yeah you're good to go. Some people will even take naked brds with an instrument to merit pts...

BLM -- very good percentage of BLM gear can be bought on the AH. Actually all for the most part to make a good BLM. Novio can be bought via bazaar. Genie, INT+5 rings, INT+5 back, etc etc

Mnk -- god no. I mean unless you're relying on kick attacks on your mnk please don't be an AH mnk... geez

Every job that wear haidate with the exception of BRD, prolly will get heads turned if they don't have haidate.

You can have a decent THF on AHable gear, but definitely not a head turning thf, but thf is just a TH *** so no one really cares.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-03 15:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Every job that wear haidate with the exception of BRD, prolly will get heads turned if they don't have haidate.

RANGER??!!1
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-03 15:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah forgot rng can wear that>.>
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-03 15:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:

RANGER??!!1
What else would they use to tp in w/ their kraken clubs?