Note To All Smn Burners.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » Note to all smn burners.
Note to all smn burners.
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13
 Pandemonium.Rathz
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-18 09:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like a quite a bit to tank. I know that leeching is from 200-300k/pull. And saying "If we have cut your throats I'm sorry" then continue to offer your services in exchange for cash will drive away a lot of your customers.
[+]
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2010-01-18 09:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ok?
 Ifrit.Cright
Server: Ifrit
user: Crighton
By Ifrit.Cright 2010-01-18 09:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is gonna nerf this soon, then maybe some real parties can be formed again.

I wonder what people would pay me NOT to farm everything in the tunnel?
[+]
 Hades.Neheyiama
Server: Hades
user: Focusal
By Hades.Neheyiama 2010-01-18 09:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. Paying for pull. Thats sad. Need some real party forming.
 Remora.Beltenebros
Server: Remora
By Remora.Beltenebros 2010-01-18 10:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Until reading this I was hard-pressed to think of anything more depressing than someone having to SMN burn their way to 75. Paying to SMN your way to 75 is a whole new extra brand of sad.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-18 10:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh My naïve mindset that everyone who has multiple 75's on shiva deserves them has been smashed :(

Really hope SE gets around to stopping this soon.
[+]
 Kujata.Matricide
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Matricide 2010-01-18 10:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

theres only 1 thing i have to say about this subject. YOUR GIMPING YOURSELF. Theres the one day i want to see a Paladin get burned to 75 then try to tank something with little to 0 shield skill.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-01-18 11:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Matricide said:
theres only 1 thing i have to say about this subject. YOUR GIMPING YOURSELF. Theres the one day i want to see a Paladin get burned to 75 then try to tank something with little to 0 shield skill.

hi2u skill up
[+]
 Carbuncle.Morok
Server: Carbuncle
user: okamiwolf
By Carbuncle.Morok 2010-01-18 11:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If they wanted to nerf it, all they would have to do is make the bats or leeches drop some rare synthesis item or quest item like the Cardians for Moogle Missions.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-18 11:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Make an NM down there that aggro's with link. Make it have a short repop time, but need a balanced party to take down. Make it drop nothing.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Okamiwolf
By Carbuncle.Okamiwolf 2010-01-18 11:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Make an NM down there that aggro's with link. Make it have a short repop time, but need a balanced party to take down. Make it drop nothing.
You mean Thoon?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-18 11:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Okamiwolf said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
You mean Thoon?

Apart from Thoon is soloable with ease.

Make an NM down there that links onto anything, but needs a balanced party of 75's to take down. It won't effect most people, but will stop smn burns.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Okamiwolf
By Carbuncle.Okamiwolf 2010-01-18 11:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
You mean Thoon?

Make an NM down there that links onto anything, but needs a balanced party of 75's to take down. It won't effect most people, but will stop smn burns.

It may also kill legitimate people who are trying to exp down there. If it links with ANYTHING, then it will surely link with their low level exp mobs.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-18 11:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
You mean Thoon?

It may also kill legitimate people who are trying to exp down there. If it links with ANYTHING, then it will surely link with their low level exp mobs.

Perhaps make it so it only links if you have 3+ mobs attacking. It should roam the entire tunnel also, and hopefully be called *** block.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Okamiwolf
By Carbuncle.Okamiwolf 2010-01-18 11:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

And if the party that is legitimately exping happens to link 3-4 spiders on accident, as with links can get pretty shitty sometimes, or even WORMS! Those link horribly too!
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-01-18 11:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wish people would quit posting their smn burn ads on this forum. It seriously is not that big a deal.
 Ifrit.Cright
By Ifrit.Cright 2010-01-18 13:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make the mobs despawn after 5-10 minutes out of their spawn radius, or have them rage and their level increases by a multiplier of 5 every 5 minutes.
 Hades.Hiryo
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2010-01-18 13:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Cright said:
Just make the mobs despawn after 5-10 minutes out of their spawn radius, or have them rage and their level increases by a multiplier of 5 every 5 minutes.

Whats it's power level?

OVER 9000?!!

That's one kickass spider.
[+]
 Odin.Katoke
Server: Odin
user: Katoke
By Odin.Katoke 2010-01-18 13:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN burning isn't a big deal. No one even goes to Korroloka.
[+]
 Shiva.Quiznose
By Shiva.Quiznose 2010-01-18 15:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how often I can discuss one incident in my entire life, but I'll continue to do that.
 Asura.Patriclis
Server: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-01-18 15:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

to all you people telling SMN burners to start making real parties, we would do so if we actually got invites, but as it stands before SMN burning came around, most SMNs were forced into slow PTs, solo/duo or campaigning. So quit your whining and deal with it, SMN burning is here to stay
[+]
 Shiva.Quiznose
By Shiva.Quiznose 2010-01-18 15:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Kyaaadaa said:
ok?

Yes
 Fairy.Spiriel
Server: Fairy
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2010-01-18 15:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Kujata.Matricide said:

hi2u skill up
Please to be skilling up shield from 0, and we'll see how you like that idea. Not to mention they'll have no clue how hate mechanics work. They'll be one of those tanks that only "reclaims" hate and never does anything to maintain it once they have it (read: SUCK.)
Odin.Katoke said:
SMN burning isn't a big deal. No one even goes to Korroloka.
Solo'd worms by the zone line for a few jobs. It's actually a common solo/duo camp. I've also had friends get a /tell "you can't solo here, my LS is burning this zone."

This is why people complain about astral burns. Because astral burn parties are full of douches.
[+]
 Valefor.Eirinne
Server: Valefor
user: Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-01-18 15:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

kudos to not liking astral burn parties. Im against them myself. you just dont learn how to do your job properly that way even after you spend another 45378678 hours skilling.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-18 15:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a SMN burn yesterday and it was great. Totally converted!
 Ifrit.Cright
By Ifrit.Cright 2010-01-18 15:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spiriel said:
I've also had friends get a /tell "you can't solo here, my LS is burning this zone."

LOL! I would go and destroy that zone!
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-18 17:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
to all you people telling SMN burners to start making real parties, we would do so if we actually got invites, but as it stands before SMN burning came around, most SMNs were forced into slow PTs, solo/duo or campaigning. So quit your whining and deal with it, SMN burning is here to stay
Whats wrong with soloing?

Thats what I did to get from 54-75.

Absolutly nothing wrong with that. I got a lot of BSs and KSs, plus alot of coffer keys and chests (before they nerfed it btw) thanks to that also.

SMNs should solo, duo, campaign, or becomes a lolhealer for a party anyway. Maybe if you partied as a lolhealer, you can learn how to keep Carby out and heal with just him out. Thanks to Carbuncle's Favor, you can keep Carby out, have him DD, have him heal (AoE Regen) and you can still toss out a few cures every now and then.

[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-01-18 17:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carby's favor is <3 ~

Just to expand on Korpg's post, in the case of meriting I've been there, I've merited in burns as smn so I know how it goes. But I think I mentioned a while back in another one of these ad posts that it doesn't take long at all these days to get either rdm or brd to 75 if you have the gil to fund it. Just spam xp parties any chance you get and skill in skillup pts/besieged,etc. in between.
 Hades.Stefanos
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-18 17:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Carby's favor is <3 ~

Just to expand on Korpg's post, in the case of meriting I've been there, I've merited in burns as smn so I know how it goes. But I think I mentioned a while back in another one of these ad posts that it doesn't take long at all these days to get either rdm or brd to 75 if you have the gil to fund it. Just spam xp parties any chance you get and skill in skillup pts/besieged,etc. in between.

You could probably do BRD practically naked to 75 and still get parties if you did songs, lol.
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13