Note To All Smn Burners.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » Note to all smn burners.
Note to all smn burners.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-20 15:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this topic was pretty much toast by the third page. I brought into play one big reason why some people will just AB jobs they want to lvl.

@ Woooood- In the past people invited base on the job's role and not about the exp. Lot of people played back then and didn't care about exp/hr. Now that this game has lost much of it's luster due to other reasons, others are stuck to playing only few jobs based on exp/hr.
I could've easily lvl'd SAM, but I see it as a bandwagon job like RDM was when people posted videos of RDM/NIN soloing almost everything.

Can the game be played with the rest of the unwanted jobs? Yeah, but then it comes down to what the playerbase prefers.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-20 15:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Brenda said:
If you care enough about mnk, you will do what it takes to get the items needed for it.

You would be shocked, most endgame shells will sell these items sincemost in the shell either have it already, or no desire to have it.

Really, I expect a MNK to at least be WORKING on getting prob the best piece a MNK can own.

Working on =/= having it
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-20 15:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I don't hate them I just don't understand them.

Don't you feel slightly, and I mean even slightly bad for the person who's trying their best but doesn't have a BB?

Honestly, I couldn't care less what gear other people have. I don't preoccupy myself with what everyone else is doing.
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-01-20 15:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Levelling multiple 75's doesn't give you an excuse to be an *** to your party. If you make the party or find the rep the fair enough, but if you just leave and say the party is bad, then simply put you're elitist.
Which both me and Vegetto stated we always do. I've never just left a party in my entire career... And even if I think a party is bad, I don't tell them. I just find a rep.
You never stated this. I believe Vegetto did, but you simply said you leave when the EXP isn't good enough. What if there is no Rep, then what?
When did i ever say i haven't gotten a rep. Yes, I do leave. I don't just /pcmd leave. I get a rep then leave. If there is no rep, i give a 15-20 min warning for whoever the pt leader is to find a rep. If I'm leader, this won't be the case, as I don't make fail pts to begin with.
So you'll gimp a party if there is no replacements? And I find it hard to believe you've never made a party that has failed for a random reason such as the Cor or brd not being quite as high calibre you like, or various other things going wrong.
If i make a party that doesn't meet my standards, it's a 20-23k/hr instead of the 30k/hr i was aiming for. It's never a 15k/hr for example. And my pts are for the most part failproof. I run around town w/ ap-radar up and filter out PC's and check individuals before I invite them to pt. And yes, I feel 20-30 mins is enough time for the leader to find a rep (if i haven't found one myself) or make arrangements to move camp (as this is easy now days because they can simply invite someone lower and sync to them)
Let's use mnk for an example a MNK can't get merits to get better to get into merit parties. What salvage shell is going to accept a MNK with no merits? So then the MNK has no USU, So he wouldn't be invited to your PT So the MNK doesn't get Merits. It's a loop.

Well same goes for PLD worthelss in meripo's so you have a few options:
1. make your own prty
2. Use another job to get merits for your unfavored job (if your a seeker)
3. Lv sync so your merits that you do or don't have aren't in question.
4. C. Battle for merits

take your choice. I sounds like people should feel mandated to inv you just because your seeking. Some jobs would get inv's most of the time depending on what job it is its like lol deal with it.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-20 15:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
Well this topic was pretty much toast by the third page. I brought into play one big reason why some people will just AB jobs they want to lvl.

@ Woooood- In the past people invited base on the job's role and not about the exp. Lot of people played back then and didn't care about exp/hr. Now that this game has lost much of it's luster due to other reasons, others are stuck to playing only few jobs based on exp/hr.
I could've easily lvl'd SAM, but I see it as a bandwagon job like RDM was when people posted videos of RDM/NIN soloing almost everything.

Can the game be played with the rest of the unwanted jobs? Yeah, but then it comes down to what the playerbase prefers.

It does, and I'm not disputing that. But you're pinning the blame of this on the playerbase when it's nothing to do with them. The playerbase come to preferences based on how the game and its jobs can utilise what they get. If the developers decided a certain job couldn't do as much damage as others, it comes as no surprise that these jobs aren't preferred in parties.

Again, this is not the playerbase's fault. They simply come to their preferences based on what the developers made available.
[+]
 Shiva.Dinarii
user: Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-01-20 15:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

i need to move servers.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-20 15:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
It does, and I'm not disputing that. But you're pinning the blame of this on the playerbase when it's nothing to do with them. The playerbase come to preferences based on how the game and its jobs can utilise what they get. If the developers decided a certain job couldn't do as much damage as others, it comes as no surprise that these jobs aren't preferred in parties. Again, this is not the playerbase's fault. They simply come to their preferences based on what the developers made available.

Idk. To me it's not that deep. I can't favor one camp over another because of the fast, easy exp. I feel sorrow for people wanting to play other jobs for enjoyment and will build parties based on that.

By now most people have their "group" to roll with so it doesn't matter because you're already getting what you want, but it's a shame to lose out on playing the other half of the game because I don't have 4-5 jobs that are liked for EG.

Anyways I'm done with this and value your responses.

@Veg-Not high standards that you hold. You've been there, done that and found your niche. If they were high standards then you'd be viewed as an *** and have a big group of haters.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-20 15:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
It does, and I'm not disputing that. But you're pinning the blame of this on the playerbase when it's nothing to do with them. The playerbase come to preferences based on how the game and its jobs can utilise what they get. If the developers decided a certain job couldn't do as much damage as others, it comes as no surprise that these jobs aren't preferred in parties. Again, this is not the playerbase's fault. They simply come to their preferences based on what the developers made available.

Idk. To me it's not that deep. I can't favor one camp over another because of the fast, easy exp. I feel sorrow for people wanting to play other jobs for enjoyment and will build parties based on that.

By now most people have their "group" to roll with so it doesn't matter because you're already getting what you want, but it's a shame to lose out on playing the other half of the game because I don't have 4-5 jobs that are liked for EG.

Anyways I'm done with this and value your responses.

@Veg-Not high standards that you hold. You've been there, done that and found your niche.

Well end game and exp parties are two very different things... And if you're insinuating jobs getting a bad stick in exp parties means you can't enjoy endgame, then I'll have to disagree with that. BRD or RDM is one of the most favoured jobs endgame and they're probably the quickest to get to 75 through pickup exp parties alone.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-01-20 16:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
I don't have 4-5 jobs that are liked for EG.

WAR 24 MNK 11
WHM 41 BLM 75
RDM 60 THF 10
PLD 10 DRK 33
BST 10 BRD 0
RNG 10 SAM 38
NIN 37 DRG 64
SMN 31 BLU 61
COR 22 PUP 0
SCH 10 DNC 13

That's enough for endgame lol.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-20 16:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tried for EG, but I'd like to have more than just BLM ;P

I was just talking about jobs that get no love in exp parties, but liked in EG.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-01-20 16:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
I don't have 4-5 jobs that are liked for EG.

WAR 24 MNK 11
WHM 41 BLM 75
RDM 60 THF 10
PLD 10 DRK 33
BST 10 BRD 0
RNG 10 SAM 38
NIN 37 DRG 64
SMN 31 BLU 61
COR 22 PUP 0
SCH 10 DNC 13

That's enough for endgame lol.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-20 16:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quoting quotes is the hippest thing these days?

I'm actually scared to do EG. That's my only excuse.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-20 17:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
I don't invite mnks to my pts anyways, unless for some reason I actually pt when it's busy (I never pt prime time, so both bird camps are open) and do mamools, in which case the standard haidate fuma black belt togi turban will do. doesn't have to be full usu. I have high standards, not ridiculous ones.

The easily obtainable black belt.

I think you just need to accept that some players have higher standards than you. No reason to hate them.

Don't you feel slightly, and I mean even slightly bad for the person who's trying their best but doesn't have a BB?
The most I'll take this is that if I have friends that I know personally, then I don't care what they have (and yes I have brown belt friends). I will party with them because I am their friends. Complete strangers do not get this same treatment from me. This is coming from a mnk. I sat at those camps day after day for months and donated seals to shells in which were capable of beating ks99s. From start to finish, it took 6 months of actively seeking a black belt going to all available NMs that did not interfere w/ school or events before I was finally able to latch on my belt. Now, years later, it should be easier than it was for me due to the number of ppl w/ black belts and the lower number of those needing them. I have been there, and yes i do feel for them, but then you have the ppl who sit there and say "black belt is hard, I will never have one" giving no indication of even giving a thought to trying.
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-01-20 18:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
Quoting quotes is the hippest thing these days? I'm actually scared to do EG. That's my only excuse.

Hopfully your a lil kid with that last comment lol if not you should really consider quiting for real. On another note the 1 and only 75 you have BLM is actually 1 of the most jobs people look for in EG so with Blm alone most all EG will want you.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-20 18:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I kid, I kid! I just don't have time for it. I'm not complaining about not having EG jobs. It was just a piss poor example.

I'd love to do some of that stuff, but I have a choice of kiss my RL away or make my GL, my RL.
 Fairy.Garasu
user: Garasu
By Fairy.Garasu 2010-01-20 19:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
I don't invite mnks to my pts anyways, unless for some reason I actually pt when it's busy (I never pt prime time, so both bird camps are open) and do mamools, in which case the standard haidate fuma black belt togi turban will do. doesn't have to be full usu. I have high standards, not ridiculous ones.

The easily obtainable black belt.

I think you just need to accept that some players have higher standards than you. No reason to hate them.

The most I'll take this is that if I have friends that I know personally, then I don't care what they have (and yes I have brown belt friends). I will party with them because I am their friends. Complete strangers do not get this same treatment from me. This is coming from a mnk. I sat at those camps day after day for months and donated seals to shells in which were capable of beating ks99s. From start to finish, it took 6 months of actively seeking a black belt going to all available NMs that did not interfere w/ school or events before I was finally able to latch on my belt. Now, years later, it should be easier than it was for me due to the number of ppl w/ black belts and the lower number of those needing them. I have been there, and yes i do feel for them, but then you have the ppl who sit there and say "black belt is hard, I will never have one" giving no indication of even giving a thought to trying.

Like how everyone is attacking Veg for not wanting to get low exp/hr. I've known Veg for just over 3years now very nice/helpful guy and one of the best players I know.

And he is right its 2010 now MNKs w/o black belts are either to lazy to get it or don't care for it , or there working to get it. Alot of hnmls's give away/sell BB items now. So it's much easier to get a hold of these days.

Odin.Katoke
user: Katoke
By Odin.Katoke 2010-01-20 19:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spiriel said:
Solo'd worms by the zone line for a few jobs. It's actually a common solo/duo camp. I've also had friends get a /tell "you can't solo here, my LS is burning this zone."

This is why people complain about astral burns. Because astral burn parties are full of douches.

So you're soloing/duoing on mobs that the SMN burn pt doesnt stand to have anything to gain from, you're neither disproving my argument or strengthening yours. If people ask you to leave off worms, they obviously have no idea what they're doing.

In regards to people who say 'omg people have no idea how hate will work!' This simply isn't true. Chances are if you're SMN burning, you have a pretty good understanding how game/hate mechanics. While gimp skills may be one negative result of SMN burn, it can be remedied through hours of skill up. it doesn't take THAT long to skill up and SMN burns are an effective way to eliminate the 'douche bags' who think they know everything in exp parties when really they have gimp gear and no understanding of how the game works.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-01-20 20:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Katoke said:
Fairy.Spiriel said:
Solo'd worms by the zone line for a few jobs. It's actually a common solo/duo camp. I've also had friends get a /tell "you can't solo here, my LS is burning this zone." This is why people complain about astral burns. Because astral burn parties are full of douches.
So you're soloing/duoing on mobs that the SMN burn pt doesnt stand to have anything to gain from, you're neither disproving my argument or strengthening yours. If people ask you to leave off worms, they obviously have no idea what they're doing. In regards to people who say 'omg people have no idea how hate will work!' This simply isn't true. Chances are if you're SMN burning, you have a pretty good understanding how game/hate mechanics. While gimp skills may be one negative result of SMN burn, it can be remedied through hours of skill up. it doesn't take THAT long to skill up and SMN burns are an effective way to eliminate the 'douche bags' who think they know everything in exp parties when really they have gimp gear and no understanding of how the game works.

wow, just wow, where's that guy with the smn burn toll road at, "pay to burn or suffer the diaga"
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-20 20:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
wow, just wow, where's that guy with the smn burn toll road at, "pay to burn or suffer the diaga"

The guy you bolded probably made that ***up, because no one is going to tell people who are exping off of WORMS "You can't do that cause we're burning."
 Unicorn.Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-01-20 20:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Piplup said:
Just go down there and AOE their mobs. Problem solved :D The GM's say that any white named mob is fair game, and no one that I have ever seen or known has been banned from that tactic. unless you talk smack and harass the party and pretty much admit that you are there to screw with them, THAT's when you get in trouble with SE. edit: typo :P

Every bit of this ^ is fact
By Rangappa 2010-01-20 21:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how everyone gets butt hurt over this, when 99% of the people bitching never venture there other than to burn themselves. Who cares, if people want to burn their jobs for exp/merits let them, it will show later on.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-20 21:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't show later if the person was a good player to begin with.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-20 21:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I encourage all anti-ABers to start parties and invite jobs that normally don't get invites. Yes, even PUPs.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-20 21:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose the whole reason it irks anyone is because SMN-burning is only one or two steps above buying a character. You don't do any work so you don't deserve anything. It's like working your whole life to just survive, and then your friend, neighbor, relative etc just gets $2 million in inheritance money while doing nothing. Sure, you can say "Good for you" and all that, but deep down, you want them to die. You just don't show it.

To get any deeper on that, you'd have to elaborate on anonymity as a whole. In general, you cannot get hurt from the internet because no one knows who you are and as such, you're free to say whatever you want. And that's where peoples' true feelings come out.

As for me personally, I can't stand SMN-burning as a concept, but I don't condemn people for doing it either. Regardless of the means to an end, people are people and should be treated for who they are, not for what underhanded tactic they do to make life easier for themselves.
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-01-20 21:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
I encourage all anti-ABers to start parties and invite jobs that normally don't get invites. Yes, even PUPs.

Are you saying you only invite some jobs to xp? Are ya racist of jobs or something? I myself have partied with every job and have had great xp parties. Yes, even PUPs.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-20 21:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

Are you saying you only invite some jobs to xp? Are ya racist of jobs or something? I myself have partied with every job and have had great xp parties. Yes, even PUPs.
believe it or not, pups are the best DD until at least 60, then at that point they compete w/ the heavy DDs until 65, which is where they start to fall off.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-20 21:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

Nope. I'm saying invites aren't as easy to come by when you're not a bandwagon SAM or RDM.

One of the key components of an Astral burn party is....SUMMONERS! Unless you would invite a random Summoner, someone you don't know and therefore can attest to their skills, over a random Red Mage of the same level, also someone you don't know and can't attest to their skills, I fail to see how the "get exp the legit way" applies as a valid argument.

And I only used PUPs because they're the current loljob.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-01-20 21:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

;; pups are scary. Not the actual pup job, but the puppets themselves. Mine's name is Nutcracker and he creeps me out, whenever I get him out I try to ignore him. Poor doll, he probably feels neglected and abandoned.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-20 21:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

I always did, I always had far more fun with a diverse party rather than

sam or drg x2 pld brd rdm

I enjoy having different jobs, Nothing cooler than watching a smn do crap in an actual party, or seeing a drk with a huge scythe or great sword.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13