Note To All Smn Burners.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » Note to all smn burners.
Note to all smn burners.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-18 17:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
You could probably do BRD practically naked to 75 and still get parties if you did songs, lol.
BRD is the only job that SMN burns will have no effect on.

Do they really need skill to sing? Well yeah, to get the best buffs you do, but only if you are overcap anyway.

Do they melee? Any BRD who melees in an exp or merit party should just castrate themselves now and save us the sorrow of their offspring.

Only Lullaby requires skill, but hey! Double BRD merit parties are the best, and the Burned BRD can just buff their own parties. Really don't need skill at all.

Other than that, any other job who burns is asking for their *** kicked in the long run.
 Ragnarok.Inga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2010-01-18 17:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

:) I SMN burned myself to SMN64 so far, best thing I've ever done in this game, I may do BST and RNG the same way to bypass all the ***.
By Rangappa 2010-01-18 17:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

did you actually burn your brd? or just dont understand how the job works im curious.
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2010-01-18 18:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I occasionally participate in SMN burning korroloka tunnel..

Usually all we pull are bats,spiders,leeches, and a gigas. lol

So usually the slimes and worms are free for people soloing or farming.
Really thats all I ever see people fighting in the tunnel anyway, even when a burn isn't going on. When I do see people soloing or farming though I will give them the usual protect and shell.. or if its a high level farming I may give them a haste. Which seems to be common courtesy that people don't have respect for much these days, but I still follow up on it :/ (I always give people buffs if I see them soloing.. but when I'm soloing I always have a ton of mages walk past me and do nothing :( it makes me sad)

If another group shows up and are not stubborn a-holes we will usually take turns which is good enough time to try and reset 2hrs via wild-card.
Even had a couple of times where another group would show up and their pullers would offer to help us, so we'd help them too.

SMN burning is awesome though, I got my smn from 12 - 62 in just a few burns lol, it just depends on who is currently doing it. Nobody likes a-holes that think they own a zone and are entitled to everything in it. I've never told anybody to leave a zone for it, and if anyone tells you to leave the zone you should tell them to *** off and blacklist them.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-18 18:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Rangappa said:
did you actually burn your brd? or just dont understand how the job works im curious.

It was a joke, relax. To answer your first question, BRD's level 1, so nope, no burning it.
By Rangappa 2010-01-18 18:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg's brd is 75, which was why my question was directed to that person. Lullaby, Elegy, Threnody, Requiem all require skill to stick, i guess if all you used brd for was merit parties, pulling with throwing it wouldnt matter. But bring it to endgame and people will be upset.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-01-18 18:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's the proper etiquette for getting in onto these amazing SMN burns? I got into one once but that was because I happened to be seeking on my 14SMN.

The concept of actually making friends still eludes me. I just want to be an Achievement points *** and get random jobs higher, while at the same time not actually playing them.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-18 18:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:

Do they really need skill to sing? Well yeah, to get the best buffs you do, but only if you are overcap anyway.

Do they melee? Any BRD who melees in an exp or merit party should just castrate themselves now and save us the sorrow of their offspring.

Only Lullaby requires skill, but hey! Double BRD merit parties are the best, and the Burned BRD can just buff their own parties. Really don't need skill at all.

Other than that, any other job who burns is asking for their *** kicked in the long run.

The whole argument against SMN burning is that people bring it to end game and gimp it up.

Would you really want a BRD who couldn't land Elegy at your HNM camp?

Not even BRD can get away with Astral Burning.

That being said, I'll continue to Astral Burn all I want. I don't do endgame. I don't even join pick up parties anymore. LS parties only for me, and since all our Astral Burning is in house, they obviously don't give a damn if I'm gimp. I campaign for my merits, because merit parties put me to sleep.

So who does it affect exactly if I Astral Burn?
 Asura.Chexmix
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2010-01-18 18:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
You could probably do BRD practically naked to 75 and still get parties if you did songs, lol.

Might as well say smn/blm/rdm/sch/blu can get away without skilling magic too /shrug

Ppl are too quick to jump on people and call them gimp for smn burning jobs to 75. They seem to forget you can skill weapons and read about how jobs work if you dont know x.x And before you throw that "You need to actually exp a job to know how it works at me" I've met plenty of people that exped their job to 75 and still dont know how to play it or dress themselves properly or both.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-01-18 19:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
BRD is the only job that SMN burns will have no effect on. Do they really need skill to sing? Well yeah, to get the best buffs you do, but only if you are overcap anyway. Do they melee? Any BRD who melees in an exp or merit party should just castrate themselves now and save us the sorrow of their offspring. Only Lullaby requires skill, but hey! Double BRD merit parties are the best, and the Burned BRD can just buff their own parties. Really don't need skill at all. Other than that, any other job who burns is asking for their *** kicked in the long run.

would you like to get a gimped march or minuet in endgame? yeah no
anyways, SMN burns might be a blessing if your job is 12-14 and you don't want to go to loldunes
Quote:
Easy way to get through the dunes:
1) Solo job till 12 1/2.
2) LFP with /seacom "<Astral Flow> <Party> <Can I have it?>"
3) ???
4) Profit to level 22-25, depending on the burn.
edit: I should add that I'm talking about what happens when a BRD burns from 12 to 75 and never skillups (gogo gimped melee buffs) but I guess SMN burn is ok for cheap merits
Quote:
Ppl are too quick to jump on people and call them gimp for smn burning jobs to 75. They seem to forget you can skill weapons and read about how jobs work if you dont know x.x And before you throw that "You need to actually exp a job to know how it works at me" I've met plenty of people that exped their job to 75 and still dont know how to play it or dress themselves properly or both.
This
Quote:
I just want to be an Achievement points *** and get random jobs higher, while at the same time not actually playing them..
thisthis omgthis, making parties and getting good xp/hr 37-70 is a pain in the @$$
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-18 19:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chexmix said:

See, and this is exactly the problem.

The people that were gimp and sucked because of Astral Burning probably were gimp and sucked before Astral Burning.

Astral Burning has become the new fad scapegoat as to why people suck at end game, or just suck in general. People gimping it up isn't some new epidemic. It's been going on for years. Everything from bought accounts to powerleveling to level sync and now to Astral Burning has become a scapegoat as to why people suck.

How about this instead:

The people that suck at their jobs suck, not because of Astral Burn, but simply because they suck at FFXI.

Anyone remember when powerleveling was the root of all evil in FFXI? I do. Now, your party is gimp without a PL.

Amazing how attitudes change.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-18 19:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate the player, not the concept.

Astral burning hasn't made me any less of a BLM 'cause I stopped capping on puddings for a while, or any less of a WHM 'cause I stopped hasting and healing meripos. It also did not make me a gimp SAM. Let's face it; any DD job has to learn how to engage the damn mob, when to and when not to WS, and very little more than that.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-01-18 20:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Morok said:
If they wanted to nerf it, all they would have to do is make the bats or leeches drop some rare synthesis item or quest item like the Cardians for Moogle Missions.

Move Vrtra to Korroloka tunnel.

Problem solved.
 Pandemonium.Yov
Server: Pandemonium
user: poff
By Pandemonium.Yov 2010-01-18 20:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Primus said:
I know Me and friends been down there a lot lately.If we have cut your throats I'm sorry. On another note if you need a tank Reho and myself are offering our services to tank your pulls for a fee. 500k per pull we tank. As long as I don't have a event with prestige and you send me a /tell I or reho will be there to tank your pulls. We only ask to get half up front because friend's I know have been burned doing this. 1 Friend got burned for 800k. So if you want our services plz pay half b4 and the rest after the job is done. If we get burned I assure you that you wont have our services again. Thank You Shiva!

500-800k...lol?

You must be really fast to ask that much for a smn burn counting it takes 20 minutes to pull every mob and around 25ish minutes to clear mobs.
Your price is just stupidly high when people barely pay 300k.
Ifrit.Cright said:
Fairy.Spiriel said:
I've also had friends get a /tell "you can't solo here, my LS is burning this zone."

LOL! I would go and destroy that zone!

Is what most Ls do in order to fast unlocking job for the endgame scene, actually you can get GM'd for holding mobs etc but well usually ppl leave jellies and mobs at the start so those who're there to exp/farm wont mess us with you.
Find the tunnel free can be a nightmare now everyone knows about and is able to do it.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Make an NM down there that aggro's with link. Make it have a short repop time, but need a balanced party to take down. Make it drop nothing.

There are already Jammer leechs and if you're bored you can always go down there, make those accidentally link on the guy tanking mobs to have some good laugh.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-18 20:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Yov said:
There are already Jammer leechs and if you're bored you can always go down there, make those accidentally link on the guy tanking mobs to have some good laugh.

I'd love to see people who do this banned.

Just because you don't approve of the way I EXP doesn't give you the right to intentionally ruin it and be an ***.

I love how people think they are above the rules of the game because of some arbitrary rules the community makes up. It's quite amusing.
 Pandemonium.Yov
By Pandemonium.Yov 2010-01-18 20:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

how blasfemy , what GMs tell us now is "Please report the user name to the STF at www.playonlineblablabla.com thankyou ^______________^
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-18 20:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Yov said:
how blasfemy , what GMs tell us now is "Please report the user name to the STF at www.playonlineblablabla.com thankyou ^______________^

I said I'd love to see people like that get banned. I never said they actually WOULD get banned.

Question for all you anti-SMN burn people: If the people burning are not in your LS, why do you care so much?
 Pandemonium.Yov
By Pandemonium.Yov 2010-01-18 20:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Pandemonium.Yov said:

I said I'd love to see people like that get banned. I never said they actually WOULD get banned.

Question for all you anti-SMN burn people: If the people burning are not in your LS, why do you care so much?

I'm not antiburn, instead just did 60-75 thf burning today just wanted to give some good tips /:
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-18 20:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inga said:
:) I SMN burned myself to SMN64 so far, best thing I've ever done in this game, I may do BST and RNG the same way to bypass all the ***.

SMN burning BST is probably the most pathetic thing you can do. Sure you don't have skill ups (apart from axe) to worry about, but God help you should you ever actually attempt to do anything on BST.
[+]
 Shiva.Primus
Server: Shiva
user: Primus456
By Shiva.Primus 2010-01-18 21:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

1st when I offered this I was offering to tank for full parties. 2nd a smn pty has 2 leeches 3 smn's and a level sync. Now if i do the math 200-300k a leech is 400-600k. For 2 leeches and 3 smn's now if you think i'm ripping ppl off then obviously I can't count or maybe you guys misunderstood the fact we was offering this for a full party not just 1 person. Btw I find it funny how ppl want to nerf something that i know most ppl have used. I only found out recently someone I respected for his maat's cap only got it because they discovered smn burning 1st and kept his and his friend happened to keep there mouths shut. Last thing I offered this if you don't want to take it that's on u.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-01-18 21:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Yov said:

Not for issue with summoner burns :< That's for when people QQ about people using claimbot or 3rd party tools while fishing manta lol.

STF don't give a *** about dispute between players. Only (pretending) to take care of cheaters and RMT (like "real RMT" not the random lv1 spammer).
Quote:
and kept his and his friend happened to keep there mouths shut.

That plan worked so well lol. He wasn't obviously the only one who "knew".

SMN burn never been a long "secret" for the community. We're far from the Salvage dupe exploit. Lot of regular Salvage players were unaware of it until the very last week prior the massban, while the exploit was out for a while.
 Siren.Avina
Server: Siren
user: Avina
By Siren.Avina 2010-01-18 21:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Primus said:
1st when I offered this I was offering to tank for full parties. 2nd a smn pty has 2 leeches 3 smn's and a level sync. Now if i do the math 200-300k a leech is 400-600k. For 2 leeches and 3 smn's now if you think i'm ripping ppl off then obviously I can't count or maybe you guys misunderstood the fact we was offering this for a full party not just 1 person. Btw I find it funny how ppl want to nerf something that i know most ppl have used. I only found out recently someone I respected for his maat's cap only got it because they discovered smn burning 1st and kept his and his friend happened to keep there mouths shut. Last thing I offered this if you don't want to take it that's on u.

How thoughtful of you.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-18 21:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Rangappa said:
I never burned before, and I never will.
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Would you really want a BRD who couldn't land Elegy at your HNM camp?
BRDs in HNM shells were there before Level Sync was in play.

Usually leaders are BRDs themselves.

So, leaders are the ones who know who are the good BRDs and who are the BRDs for merits only.
Asura.Chexmix said:
Might as well say smn/blm/rdm/sch/blu can get away without skilling magic too

SMN/BLM/RDM/SCH/BLU all need magic skill to be useful.

BRD doesn't.

Nobody is going to really know that a BRD leveled thru SMN burn anyway, because that BRD isn't going to pull (how can he, he never pulled before, he wouldn't know how to keep chains going) nor sleep, so all they are in merit parties for is singing their gimped songs. Nobody is going to notice what a BRDs magic skill is going to be anyway, exp/hr isn't going to decrease that much.

I used an example of merits, because 90% of the BRDs out there are only BRDs for merits. I'm sure the number is higher also, but I'm going to be conservative on this ideal. Either way, nobody is going to notice.

Gimp BRD skills vs ungimped BRD skills don't differ enough to first notice.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-18 21:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Rangappa said:
Korpg's brd is 75, which was why my question was directed to that person. Lullaby, Elegy, Threnody, Requiem all require skill to stick, i guess if all you used brd for was merit parties, pulling with throwing it wouldnt matter. But bring it to endgame and people will be upset.

That's my bad then dude, thought that was to me. Carry on.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-18 22:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
SMN/BLM/RDM/SCH/BLU all need magic skill to be useful.

BRD doesn't.

Wind skill isn't useful? What?

[+]
 Fairy.Specopsz
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-01-18 22:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Does no one not pay the 12.99 or how ever much to have fun anymore?
I mean I quit ages ago, but summon burns sound like something for lazy people.
It's like wiping before you poop, it makes no sense. So stop the lame *** burns and go back to partying.

Then you can poop then wipe.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-18 22:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Does no one not pay the 12.99 or how ever much to have fun anymore?
I mean I quit ages ago, but summon burns sound like something for lazy people.
It's like wiping before you poop, it makes no sense. So stop the lame *** burns and go back to partying.

Then you can poop then wipe.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you got to determine what is fun for me.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-01-18 22:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

is this thread really a debate over the seeming morality of summoner burning exp?

*** christ, who really gives a ***?

Really good endgame players couldnt care less. The overwhelming majority of the players in my linkshell (and most successful HNMLS, I'd think) could pick up any job on any account and play it efficiently, without having the benefit of good gear. Even if they've never played the job before. Good players have enough experience with the game that "learning to play your job" is pretty much over... you know game mechanics so well that you can basically play any job.

I've personally never summoner burned. Not because I dont want to, but simply because I've never had the opportunity. My linkshell doesnt really use SMN for a lot, and we dont have many of them in the ls to even go out there to try it.

But from a personal point of view, I wouldnt burn most of my jobs simply because I dont have the time or the will to spend countless hours in the Boyhada tree skilling up a weapon or skill I'll rarely use.

But ragging on other people for choosing a fast route to exp? *** stupid.

Hell, I stick my level 45 RDM mule at Khimaira camps, and can land ES Slow on it! And hey, it works!! Hell, my level 45 RDM can keep a single tank alive more efficiently than a lot of 75 RDMs I've seen. So what does that tell you?>
[+]
 Fairy.Specopsz
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-01-18 22:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings?
Would you rather sit inside and play an MMO and trying to compete with other *** and get no where?
Whats the reward? Whats the fun in that sir?
Sorry for pissing in your god damn cheerios.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13