First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-06-03 09:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friezakujin said: »
It would be nice once you get the phase 3 weapon the NMs gave double or triple the galli if you had the weapon equipped as it died. They did say the NMs would react if you had a prime equipped. Either way I only need 690k before my stage 3 staff is finished. So I'm excited. Oh and I see you Iamaman...

I am interested in seeing what that is about. If the galli rewards became easier to come by and the time gate became waiting for Psyches, I'd be more inclined to make one. My expectation is that it triggers a proc, though, and isn't tied to rewards. Won't know for sure until someone finishes one.

I see you too. How's working on that SCH/WAR meta going?
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-06-03 09:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My expectation is that line was merely referring to them dropping -drite items if you possess a relevant Prime stage.

I think hoping for some gallimaufry multiplier is just logical copium, the same way people thought surely Shinryu HTBF would have a proc to increase drop rates.

This is SE. They might add something to help years later, but for now they see no issue with an unreasonable grind fraught with bad game design choices.
[+]
By Seun 2023-06-03 15:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The loot is personal so everyone benefits equally and people don't have to split currency. The objectives are such that the event is job inclusive rather than being restrictive, unlike Odyssey. You can go in daily if you want to. More importantly, it's available whenever you want it. People nit-pick KI distribution, group size and event length but this is all personal preference, not poor design.

Imagine if they instead give us Northlands Dyna-D for prime weapons. Large alliance based content that adds essentially re-named items and currency used for primes. Same drop rates as the original. Alliance content with shared loot, 3 hour runs, 72 hour lockouts and the instance is reserved to the group who traded their 100M for the hourglass.

They really could have bent us over a lot further than they did.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-03 15:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone complaining would've preferred that. They can use 17 slaves to get one account the weapon. And/or pay to skip it.

There's no paying for advantage as it is. That's a big no-no.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2023-06-03 16:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Everyone complaining would've preferred that. They can use 17 slaves to get one account the weapon. And/or pay to skip it.

What are you smoking
 Asura.Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-06-03 16:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
The loot is personal so everyone benefits equally and people don't have to split currency.

...Except the part where we have to split it with ourselves if we ever want to upgrade Empyrean armor, putting our progress towards a Prime back by weeks.

That is poor design. The rest is personal preference, sure.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-03 16:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »

What are you smoking

It's not some god damn secret. Everyone would be funneling their muffins to their mains and 6boxing it if they could.

I know. "you" specifically. The one typing would never do that. You're a special boy. Send me your info and I'll buy you a cookie.
By Seun 2023-06-03 17:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
The loot is personal so everyone benefits equally and people don't have to split currency.

...Except the part where we have to split it with ourselves if we ever want to upgrade Empyrean armor, putting our progress towards a Prime back by weeks.

That is poor design. The rest is personal preference, sure.

You get cake or you get ice cream. Dessert isn't a failure if you don't get both at the same time. Choose progress or progress, you're not missing out either way.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-03 17:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
This isn't a playground for your dumbass circular arguments. Just write down how you feel about the prime weapon forging process (as we know it right now), what you think could be changed, etc..

Not directed at anyone in particular

We've got one topicban already and I'm not against there being more. You can all write your opinions, ideas, and concerns without arguing that other people are wrong. There's plenty of other threads to do that in.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-03 17:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »

What are you smoking
Eiryl thinks everyone is a RMT merc shitlord. Thats literally his defense to any changes that would be positive to gameplay: "Mercs and RMT will abuse it, multibox will abuse it".

Get rid of the nuke wall? "Cant do that, everyone will bring 12 blm's!"
Get open party content to alliances: "Cant do that, life will be too easy for mercs to merc"

Because he is a RMT 36 box shitlord, he presumes everyone else must be. And hell, maybe everyone on Asura is. That server is literally a cesspool of XI's worst.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-06-03 17:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The objectives are such that the event is job inclusive rather than being restrictive, unlike Odyssey.
Imagine if they instead give us Northlands Dyna-D for prime weapons. Large alliance based content that adds essentially re-named items and currency used for primes. Same drop rates as the original. Alliance content with shared loot, 3 hour runs, 72 hour lockouts and the instance is reserved to the group who traded their 100M for the hourglass.

Odyssey is more open to job distribution than people give it credit for. Basically the only jobs that aren't that useful in A/B/C are PUP BLM SMN GEO, arguably BST and BLU. Almost all jobs are relevant in some form in Gaol. I've gone into segfarms with some player on every other job and had them perform reasonably well. The job meta is enforced by the community not knowing what various jobs are capable of, but the content is doable with most jobs especially today.

Sortie does bring out the option of mage strats though, which I'll admit is a nice change of pace in comparison, but I don't think it's any more open to certain jobs than Odyssey is aside from that. You still have a handful of metas/setups are used and jobs outside of that are left out.

I also agree it could've been worse, but that doesn't mean the current system is good either. They could've made it more like relics during 75 cap and been a torturous grind with everyone competing for resources, which would have been worse, but I still don't think their goal if taking 6+ months of doing hour long content to finish one in this era is really well thought out either. Maybe the weaponskills are OP and it'll be worth it? We don't know yet.

Not really. Like has been stated by myself and many others, the issue for me is the length of the content, not particularly liking the structure of it, and the amount of time SE seems to want us spending in there to finish these. No one is complaining that you can't merc it or that the rewards are individual.
By lazywolf 2023-06-03 18:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How does people multiboxing or paying others to do content hurting anyone personally? Are you worried you wont be the coolest kid on the server if anyone can get something easy?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-06-03 18:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

lazywolf said: »
How does people multiboxing or paying others to do content hurting anyone personally? Are you worried you wont be the coolest kid on the server if anyone can get something easy?

that name...

Asura.Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-06-03 18:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
arguably BST and BLU

I would say both BST & BLU are fine for segments, and potentially SMN too.

/derail
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-06-03 18:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
Asura.Iamaman said: »
arguably BST and BLU

I would say both BST & BLU are fine for segments, and potentially SMN too.

Don't have SMN myself, but I still suspect SMN could probably heal segruns fine while offering great utility. Particularly with a PLD also supplementing heals. Biggest issue would be if anyone died, they'd have to eat an R1 lol.

/derail

SMN has raise 2 as well as arisega/reraise4 from cait sith and his astral flow ability.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-06-03 18:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

lazywolf said: »

Said it before, I'll say it again: "sold" slots are taking up space an actual player could be using. Multibox slots are also taking up space an actual player could be using.

Imagine you're trying to find a group to do the content together, like peers. If the group has decided they can clear the 18-man content with 12 and sell the other 6 slots, that means 6 of their friends don't get to go, or they stop recruiting for their group/linkshell when they hit 12. Ditto if 6 of those 12 are taken up by mules.

It's counter to the idea of teamwork and cooperation. I'm not saying nobody should have more than one character, I certainly have 2 and sometimes 3box my friends' characters as well, but I understand the impact of it, just saying it's definitely there.
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-06-03 19:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
SMN has raise 2 as well as arisega/reraise4 from cait sith and his astral flow ability.

Good point!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-06-03 20:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

At least I got what I wanted:
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I want them to be so weak that I don't need to farm one.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-06-03 21:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never done it, only seen it a handful of times, but Blu evasion set/cruel joke segment farming is pretty good. It might be the best way to solo segments by a longshot I suspect but don't know firsthand. Surprised that didn't come up.

On topic:
err not much everything has been said and now we have to wait till SE moves... (which they won't 70/30 bet).
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-06-04 05:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

At least I got what I wanted:
I want them to be so weak that I don't need to farm one.

That is the general sentiment of the thread. People who are rationalizing not doing new content because they don't enjoy grind anymore.

"That's not the carrot I wanted. I want it to be the easy version they'll release in 2 years." That's all I'm hearing
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7