It's That Time Again!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 35 36 37
By Mesii 2020-09-23 17:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Vanilla is 100% fun to play
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-23 17:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

very few people are saying that windower4 is cheating that will get you banned or people should stop using windower4.

anyone with a brain is saying stop using sketchy addons, including some of the more questionable ones in the windower4/ashita launchers.

not sure why you all get so mad when people say this ***and then also get mad when you get banned for it. truly perplexing
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-09-23 17:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrxi said: »
GwenStacy said: »
Idiots in Ejiin's chat saying that if he quits that a bunch of people are going to quit also and that SE is going to see a dramatic drop in subs!! omg!!
They only care about the JP subs.
I mean with the monthly update video and them restarting twitch streams in 2020 it kinda says otherwise.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-23 17:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Rufuso said: »
Mesii said: »

200%

God another dual-boxer.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-23 17:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

200%

God another dual-boxer.
Tribox or gtfo. Even badly (like me).
 Bismarck.Dreamingfaith
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dreamingfaith 2020-09-23 17:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

200%

God another dual-boxer.
Tribox or gtfo. Even badly (like me).

But what happen if its only 50% fun to play? Are you half-boxer then?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-23 18:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Mrgrim 2020-09-23 18:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn what did I come home to? Ejiin get banned? I enjoyed watching his youtube vids along his streams :(
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-23 18:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets ask that official FFXI streamer in two days, maybe she has a connection to Matsui
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-23 18:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Lets ask that official FFXI streamer in two days, maybe she has a connection to Matsui

If I was SE I'd cancel that podcast appearance.
By Draylo 2020-09-23 18:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I know she probably reads these forums or uses windower personally, I recall a stream she was asking while dead "what percent is it!?" You can't see that in vanilla ! Or can you? Been a while
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-23 18:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

the real secret: SE hired Ejiin to do streaming for them, but a condition of his hiring was that he give up current characters to play the SE-provided ones.
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-09-23 18:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't see percents in vanilla as far as I'm aware. But you can target things while dead by typing /ma "cure" <st> (the spell name used doesn't matter). It will give you a sub target so you can target things while you are dead. #randomfacts
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-23 18:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Brixy said: »
You can't see percents in vanilla as far as I'm aware. But you can target things while dead by typing /ma "cure" <st> (the spell name used doesn't matter). It will give you a sub target so you can target things while you are dead. #randomfacts

Second time today that I've wanted to kill myself to test something out.

[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2020-09-23 18:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

/ta <st> will also work
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-09-23 18:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

you are correct.

though I feel like a fool admitting I play vanilla in a public forum...
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-23 19:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I feel like a fool admitting I play vanilla in a public forum...

[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-09-23 19:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I know she probably reads these forums or uses windower personally, I recall a stream she was asking while dead "what percent is it!?" You can't see that in vanilla ! Or can you? Been a while

She probably dual boxes, streams on the vanilla one, on the other it looks like a Logical video.
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Server: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2020-09-23 20:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-09-23 20:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Prong 2020-09-23 21:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
RadialArcana said: »
Quote:
"cheat action verified by logs"

This implies you talked about what you were doing in party / linkshell / yell.

Not at all. Quite a few "too many" lua confirm in echo what action you are taking in the chatlog.

like Gearswap: DD mode TH mode Hybid mode PDT etc

When you type //ma fire that gets recorded, and shouldn't work, that's in the log verifying you used an addon (shortcuts) to make it work

I of course have no idea why people get banned (according to you and them, you don't really either as they don't tell you specifically) but I'd be pretty surprised it was from using just Gearswap.

Even though "technically" it's illegal, as many have said, "technically" so is Windower/Ashita and if they banned for those exclusively, this game would have been shut down due to lack of subs several years ago, at minimum. I actually know more people who use Windower/add-ons than those who do not (overwhelmingly), but I don't personally know anyone who uses movement speed/clipping hacks, so I'd suspect these would more than likely be the most obvious culprits of those getting banned.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-23 21:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pointless to try to guess why/what. Nothing is "safe".

Their priorities change on a whim, and there's no rhyme or reason. Today they ban a person for having JA0 turned on, tomorrow they ban someone for bidder, saturday they'll pop someone for homepoints.

It just is what it is. Everyone is in the barrel and they just start shooting when they're bored. The more you care the less you should raise your risk.

People playing with literally 100 addons be like "I dunno what I did to get banned" "which one should I turn off so I don't get banned again" more ***on your screen than game lol
[+]
By Prong 2020-09-23 21:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pointless to try to guess why/what. Nothing is "safe".

Their priorities change on a whim, and there's no rhyme or reason. Today they ban a person for having JA0 turned on, tomorrow they ban someone for bidder, saturday they'll pop someone for homepoints.

It just is what it is. Everyone is in the barrel and they just start shooting when they're bored. The more you care the less you should raise your risk.

People playing with literally 100 addons be like "I dunno what I did to get banned" "which one should I turn off so I don't get banned again" more ***on your screen than game lol

Right and honestly, I also don't personally know anyone that has been banned for years. I mean I knew some back from the Salvage cell dupe days, but none since, so that's why I kind of assume it's the more flagrant ones they go after, but maybe I'm wrong.
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Server: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2020-09-23 22:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-09-23 23:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Afania 2020-09-24 00:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel really sorry that they lose all the hard work and I do hope SE gives him a 2nd chance.

But lets be honest, what are bannable actions and what are not has always been very very clear.

They never say X add on nor Y add on being the exception of the rule, nor "being helpful in the community" makes you the exception of the rule. I'm more shocked at people's reactions here than him getting banned, lol.

In his particular case, it's not a matter of "oh I got banned" it's more of "well *** i've been doing this for YEARS and NOW you finally ban me"

SE never say "If we didn't ban this before, it's an okay thing to do". They can be late on banning, see 2008 salvage ban.

Their policy has never changed. It's people making assumptions on what's okay and what's not.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-24 00:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hero worship
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename