It's That Time Again!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37
By Felgarr 2020-09-23 10:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What is "Server side POS" - Tako?
I use it to interact with NPCs from any where in the zone. Either way they can detect, I'm just being specific as to how I do it. It only moves me for half a second, long enough to just interact.

Respectfully, this is amazingly stupid. What this looks like server-side:

1.) You're POS-warping to within 6 yalms of an NPC
2.) Interacting with that NPC, (position update + NPC API interaction).
3.) You're warping back to original position.

Typically, when people POS warp across the zone, they don't have step#2 and #3 as additional proof. (Regular POS-warping without NPC interaction can still be detected and get you banned, but they have to actually check coordinates).

I'm going to speculate further, but it's entirely possible the NPC API records your position ~10 seconds after the NPC interaction to see if your POS warping.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-23 10:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I use it to interact with NPCs from any where in the zone. Either way they can detect, I'm just being specific as to how I do it. It only moves me for half a second, long enough to just interact.

This is elaborate levels of cheating my pea-sized brain couldn't even fathom.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-23 10:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not saying it is not random, but they also act off of reports. They very well could have just kept a close eye on those with reports and banned accordingly, rather than spent time tracking every offender.
That's the "random" part, they get hundreds of reports, decide which ones to look at.

How do they decide? Dice? Darts? Coin flip? Random number generator?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2020-09-23 10:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***, how have any of your characters survived
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-23 10:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

Respectfully, this is amazingly stupid. What this looks like server-side:

1.) You're POS-warping to within 6 yalms of an NPC
2.) Interacting with that NPC, (position update + NPC API interaction).
3.) You're warping back to original position.

Typically, when people POS warp across the zone, they don't have step#2 and #3 as additional proof. (Regular POS-warping without NPC interaction can still be detected and get you banned, but they have to actually check coordinates).

I'm going to speculate further, but it's entirely possible the NPC API records your position ~10 seconds after the NPC interaction to see if your POS warping.

Yeah; it tracks your coordinates regardless. So to say one cheat is stupid versus the other is, in itself, stupid as well. I wasn't trying to justify, I'm just giving information. I cheated, I caught the dart; end of story really.

*When you move through tako or whatever, it's going to send the exact same thing as soon as you update to that location regardless.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-23 10:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »

Because there's an aspect of random to it. Not all cheaters get got. Obviously.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-23 10:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing it forever! I have no idea! lol
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-23 10:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have like a "main" that you would feel bad about losing or are all of these many characters just "toys" you replace when they break?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-23 10:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Do you have like a "main" that you would feel bad about losing or are all of these many characters just "toys" you replace when they break?
Nah, I literally play with zero F---s. My account, main, that I expected to get hit, didn't and he was the one I had issues with getting POS locked and causing me issues yesterday. I've been debating quitting the past two weeks so maybe just a sign. I just enjoy goofing off with friends and stuff still so who knows. May just go legit with my main.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-23 10:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I literally play with zero F---s.

I play with zero Frogs as well, but you shouldn't be ashamed and self-censor.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Edit: This post was so bad I almost wanted to delete the entire thing. That /never/ happens. Must be time for bed if I'm making shitty posts not up to my own standards.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-09-23 11:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm from Ejiin's discord that his main and alts have been banned. (I can't say which is perma or temporary). I don't mean to speak on his behalf, but I enjoyed his content and hope he's able to come back quickly. Sad day. :(

Potentially losing a dedicated FFXI content creator does suck. He has posted a lot of informative, kosher stuff over the years.

But he also inspired a lot of people to 6-box, automate and adopt questionable tools. This should be a wake up call for them too.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-23 11:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I literally play with zero F---s. My account, main, that I expected to get hit, didn't and he was the one I had issues with getting POS locked and causing me issues yesterday. I've been debating quitting the past two weeks so maybe just a sign. I just enjoy goofing off with friends and stuff still so who knows. May just go legit with my main.

Eww lol imagine playing this vanilla(ish) gross.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-23 11:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Eww lol imagine playing this vanilla(ish) gross.

Oh okay, I guess I should have been clear. Im never going to vanilla. SE will have to burn me alive, but Ill just stick to running around at 18% like a peazant, not giving SE that good money they want. At least I finished my missions yesterday lol.
[+]
By Dukie585 2020-09-23 11:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had to guess Ejin got hit because of knockback. He has openly admitted to using it on his stream / youtube videos.

Not shaming, I actually really enjoyed his stuff and he helped me out a lot with my tri-box set up. Hope he gets his account back.

I know he's admitted to using the tool to not get animation locked either. I have to assume the only way to get caught with that would be if someone reported it?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2020-09-23 11:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, it's just... this kind of thing is SO EASY to catch. If the developers had ANY idea of what people are up to, this could be automated in a day.

(There's an argument to be made that they deliberately keep it random because if they actually cracked down there wouldn't be a viable playerbase left. I'm not unsympathetic to that argument.)
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-23 11:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, it's just... this kind of thing is SO EASY to catch. If the developers had ANY idea of what people are up to, this could be automated in a day.

(There's an argument to be made that they deliberately keep it random because if they actually cracked down there wouldn't be a viable playerbase left. I'm not unsympathetic to that argument.)

i would say they are definitely keeping it random to instill fear yet keep players playing
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-23 11:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They could automate catching a lot of the ***we're up to, but they don't. I think they're also naive enough to think it's just one person doing something.
By Felgarr 2020-09-23 11:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
I can confirm from Ejiin's discord that his main and alts have been banned. (I can't say which is perma or temporary). I don't mean to speak on his behalf, but I enjoyed his content and hope he's able to come back quickly. Sad day. :(

Potentially losing a dedicated FFXI content creator does suck. He has posted a lot of informative, kosher stuff over the years.

But he also inspired a lot of people to 6-box, automate and adopt questionable tools. This should be a wake up call for them too.

I didn't put two-and-two together at first, but I imagine his twitch streams, which had raffles, giveaways and attempts to convert Twitch subscription/actions to in-game help (HTBF help, 5/5 Malignance farming, etc) ....could be construed by SE as "RMT".

I don't particularly agree 100% with that idea because it's a way to drum up interest with actual players. (Maybe SE thought Ejiin was doing a better job than the newly revived streams created by the NA community team?). I guess it's still against the TOS. That's a shame. :(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-23 11:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ejinn is a very good player, perma ban seems awfully harsh for a guy who brings SE probably thousands of dollars yearly through his accounts + reach of potential new-reactivated players. He put out a ton of helpful videos and content for a near-20 year old game. It's always nice having people on that level show and test the limits of this game, it's informative to watch.

On the other hand, I don't really think it's any more of a wakeup call for anybody else tbh. If you are/were playing with anything questionable at this point in the game and get banned, you probably don't care too much about that possibility because you would not jeopardize your character by using such tools in the first place. Many people I talk to, including myself, have adopted the "if i get banned, I get banned" mentality. I'm sure a lot of people expect at some point they will be banned and are just riding it off into the sunset until that happens.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-23 11:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't put two-and-two together at first, but I imagine his twitch streams, which had raffles, giveaways and attempts to convert Twitch subscription/actions to in-game help (HTBF help, 5/5 Malignance farming, etc) ....could be construed by SE as "RMT".

The gil raffles are suspicious, but honestly I think he'd get banned for RMT like Pwnsalot if that was the reason. I doubt the malignance stuff would be considered rmt. He doesn't get money for them.
By Felgarr 2020-09-23 11:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a vicious cycle:

[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-09-23 11:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave the packets alone!!!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-23 12:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's very unusual, I've been banned now 40+ times, I know exactly what time it's supposed to happen.

Went to bed at 4 totally unexpecting to see a ban happen an hour later. Very uncharacteristic. (very tilting too, you spend years learning the pattern and then they break it)

It is what it is.

What time and day normally?

I thought they do a “checking” at wednesday then send the mail at thursday.

My temp last month went around 6am my time, around the time they start the DM campaign.
By ksoze 2020-09-23 12:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Knockback is client side, no way of knoweing that from the server i think or very manual.

Ashame of ejin, dude makes really nice vids to motivatie ppl to play. I think thats a bad move. I think it Will be temp.

Vanilla is unplayable. Just think of the minimap.. Wtf
Lua opens up questionable stuff of course. Most stuff i think is Just se's bad programming, like the crafting stuff.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-23 12:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
It's very unusual, I've been banned now 40+ times, I know exactly what time it's supposed to happen.

Went to bed at 4 totally unexpecting to see a ban happen an hour later. Very uncharacteristic. (very tilting too, you spend years learning the pattern and then they break it)

It is what it is.

What time and day normally?

I thought they do a “checking” at wednesday then send the mail at thursday.

My temp last month went around 6am my time, around the time they start the DM campaign.

Mine almost always comes through around billing; 2:13AM. Yesterday I got the email for something at around 12.41 AM CST.

It's a vicious cycle:

That's way overly complicated.

A: I'm a masochist.
B: See (A)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-23 12:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Mrxi 2020-09-23 12:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I had 2/8 of my accounts temp ban like a month or 2 ago for bot farming cards as geo/nin 2 shotting mobs with fire 2 and it was at 3 AM PST not the normal 10 PM PST. So i guess they recently changed there normal time or something.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-23 13:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a temp last month too. I play 6 chars, i was indeed boting cp at apex eft camp. Small server so basically had enough mobs for anyone, plus killing relatively slow.

What i noticed is that, out of 6 chars doing the same thing, only 2 got temped. And both chars were part of the same linkshell.

Despite lately just interacting to shell through discord, just rarely actually typing in ls chat. So i dont remember anyone i could have offended Though i believe there was a few that wasnt actually friendly with me.

Those elements makes me assume that ban/temps are some passive control from SE. They should filter a couple of reports, have a quota in a month, a quota they can actually execute some procedure checking, if they consider its a bannable offense, they execute the penalty.

Maybe its just coincidence, but i do believe that those 2 temped were someone from shell that either was pissed with me or saw me afking then decide to fill a report.

I just left the server after the temp was lifted, and didnt join any shell after entering a new server. Minor thing but i thought they just send bans at thursday so ive decided to never do something fish the day before, wednesday, as, according to the mail, they researched at wednesday before concluding the sentence. If this research was some visual inspection or just log reading, idk.
By Sabishii 2020-09-23 13:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we have any confirmation about Ejin? Preferably from the player himself? Not that this whole thing isn't just a bad joke/troll?
By ksoze 2020-09-23 13:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37