It's That Time Again!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 35 36 37
By GwenStacy 2020-09-23 15:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty happy Ejiin got banned, I don't think he's playing the game the way it's supposed to be played.
[+]
By ksoze 2020-09-23 15:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

GwenStacy said: »
I'm pretty happy Ejiin got banned, I don't think he's playing the game the way it's supposed to be played.

We are all happy you are finally happy
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-23 15:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone that doesn't know Ejiin is live on twitch talking about the ban, if that's your thing.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-23 15:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, and i should be banned for it. just like i have hundreds of times. i think you're misinterpreting the point of my posts. once again i do not care who uses what or who gets banned.

doesn't change anything. you should be able to look at things objectively and realize that these are bannable offenses and risky behavior.
By ksoze 2020-09-23 15:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Time for memes?
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-23 15:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
lol send isn't automation or the game playing itself for you, neither is half of that stuff, it's sad that one gets it so wrong, multiple times.

again: L O L

I mean if I do //send charname C4 me and it cures itself it did that without me interacting with that characters window... that is a type of automation.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-09-23 15:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
yeah, and i should be banned for it. just like i have hundreds of times. i think you're misinterpreting the point of my posts. once again i do not care who uses what or who gets banned.

doesn't change anything. you should be able to look at things objectively and realize that these are bannable offenses and risky behavior.
Wtf? You all over the place. You do know windower in itself can get you banned right? Doesn't matter how its put into the game they can ban you for it. If they turned off windower the player base would drop to nothing.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-23 15:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »

We are all happy you are finally happy

Im actually pretty sad knowing people can actually be happy seeing other player getting banned.

I mean, FFXI isnt even a competitive game. 99% chance that others players will hardly affect anyone else gameplay (unless obvious out of control exploits like dupe). Im sure after a while even the one being banned gonna just be grateful to be released from this game and move on.

But the "happy" people, well, they will need to find another target get *** to become "happy" again.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-09-23 15:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
For anyone that doesn't know Ejiin is live on twitch talking about the ban, if that's your thing.

Welcome to the club that has gotten called out on stream.

Also sad to see Ejin be banned. Not sure why someone would be happy about a person's ban. Do you even play on Ragnarok?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-23 15:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phew...

All my chars still alive.

Do the bans fly weekly, monthly?
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-23 15:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

Wtf? You all over the place. You do know windower in itself can get you banned right? Doesn't matter how its put into the game they can ban you for it. If they turned off windower the player base would drop to nothing.

this post has already been addressed many times in this topic. i apologize that you cannot make the differentiation.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2020-09-23 15:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Still don't see how people can hate on Ejin really. He gives his time every day to help people on his server without even asking for anything, while people on other servers require gil to even get them moving. I'm pretty new to his stream and been about 2 months but the guy seems great and I'm not even on his server
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-23 16:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
Jetackuu said: »
lol send isn't automation or the game playing itself for you, neither is half of that stuff, it's sad that one gets it so wrong, multiple times.

again: L O L

I mean if I do //send charname C4 me and it cures itself it did that without me interacting with that characters window... that is a type of automation.

Yet it isn't, you manually inputing a command and it recieving the command and executing the command you sent isn't automation. I think you may need a dictionary.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-23 16:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The idea that Ejiin can constantly post multi boxing tutorials, use every plugin/addon under the sun, soft-rmt on his twitch page, and still be surprised he got banned is ridiculous.

The amount of leniency SE has shown gives people far too much undeserved confidence in their cheating. If you use pos, flee, or any other sort of movement tech you're in the ban lotto every time this happens. That it hasn't happened to you yet is just a testament to your luck thus far; you're continuing to push it every time you use those tools. People like Eiryl cheat flagrantly and talk numbers, and sure, the percentage of cheaters being banned isn't all that high. The difference is, he doesn't care if he loses characters because he sees it as a numbers game and replaces them. But, when you've sank thousands of hours into your character, is it really worth saving that 2 minutes going across the zone legitimately if it risks losing that entire character?

If Ejiin is being honest about not POSing, that doesn't really change that he used an obscene amount of automation very publically, and even soft RMTed in a format that is extremely visible to square enix. It wouldn't be that surprising if a community representative saw his ad for bits and decided to pass it along to someone. Being one of the most well-known streamers on the game, he should have known that he was drawing unnecessary attention to what is still, by any reasonable definition, cheating. It's a perfect example of how comfortable the playerbase has gotten using these tools and the expectation that there will never be consequences for doing so.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-23 16:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

more than willing to discuss with ejiin the reasons why he could have gotten banned. if interested please pm your discord we can do a voice chat :). tuning into his stream though the dude just seems straight up delusional.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-09-23 16:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

this post has already been addressed many times in this topic. i apologize that you cannot make the differentiation.
I mean clearly you cant either but whatever. End of the day SE has made it clear whats ok which is vanilla game so trying to bend the rule to make it seem ok is dumb. We all know what we sign up for.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-09-23 16:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
Using inferior memetics.
In more seriousness: so... was this just the normal thing? or in 36hrs we're gonna find out that there was apparently something huge going on like the medal duping a little while ago?
By Draylo 2020-09-23 16:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Still don't see how people can hate on Ejin really. He gives his time every day to help people on his server without even asking for anything, while people on other servers require gil to even get them moving. I'm pretty new to his stream and been about 2 months but the guy seems great and I'm not even on his server

Pretty sure that guy is trolling, haven't seen anyone hating on him otherwise. I'd say nobody who uses this forum is innocent in regards to addons, especially someone who multi-boxes. I don't get the surprise and uproar in all honesty, a lot of people throwing hate on people pointing out the obvious here. Automation is a pretty big no no to SE.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-23 16:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ejiin very much put the bullseye on his own back.

In his particular case, it's not a matter of "oh I got banned" it's more of "well *** i've been doing this for YEARS and NOW you finally ban me"

he's not shocked THAT he got banned, but that it was glossed over for so long that WHEN it happened, was surprising.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-23 16:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorny with some reasoning, I've said something similar but I don't get + because I'm not in the popular crew I guess. Yall got some popularity contests going on here lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2020-09-23 16:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Pretty sure that guy is trolling, haven't seen anyone hating on him otherwise. I'd say nobody who uses this forum is innocent in regards to addons, especially someone who multi-boxes. I don't get the surprise and uproar in all honesty, a lot of people throwing hate on people pointing out the obvious here. Automation is a pretty big no no to SE.

Eh, I'm not going on about his offense but to just that was said above but if we're being honest here. Anyone using windower in general is already a bannable offense because its outside of what SE's original platform that the game is supposed to be played on. Multiboxing or not.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-23 16:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorny with some reasoning, I've said something similar but I don't get + because I'm not in the popular crew I guess. Yall got some popularity contests going on here lol.

was the opposite like 5 years ago, lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-09-23 16:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I'm not going on about his offense but to just that was said above but if we're being honest here. Anyone using windower in general is already a bannable offense because its outside of what SE's original platform that the game is supposed to be played on. Multiboxing or not.
This right here is spot on people seem to forget like Thorny said in a post above playerbase has gotten so comfortable using addons and stuff they think its okay to do when we all know damn well its not.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2020-09-23 16:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i think ejin's more disappointed that they won't give him an actual answer as to why he got banned instead of a vague statement
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-23 16:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course SE can ban for windower or anything outside of their ToS but they haven't for the stuff we've been using for ages. Right now theres a trend going on with multi-boxing with 5+ characters.. It's been going on for like a year or two and it relies heavily on automation. I wouldn't doubt it raised some flags with certain addons and put him on the list for suspension.
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-09-23 16:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Zathana said: »
The fact people think you are going to play an 18 year old game Vanilla is laughable. If they ban all the people using addons/send/superwarp you eliminate 99% of the population, along with all their Profits. If you don't agree with this you are on the wrong side of the 1%. The Game will be dead and you will have no one to play with.

The only thing SE added that was ok has been Equipsets and that is pathetic. SE needs to realize what people want and adapt or die.

As if most of the multiboxers play with other people anyways outside of selling content/monthlies/etc. anyways
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-09-23 16:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

As a returning player, it's kinda gross. That said, with the current population levels, I see the reason. Still makes me cringe though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-09-23 16:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
i think ejin's more disappointed that they won't give him an actual answer as to why he got banned instead of a vague statement
I mean honestly though they don't have to give a reason outside of what they gave sadly. Its SE game at the end of the day if they feel you me or uncle Rico did something on what they consider cheating then we out of luck if they don't wanna give account back.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 35 36 37