It's That Time Again!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 35 36 37
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-23 14:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Zathana said: »
The fact people think you are going to play an 18 year old game Vanilla is laughable. If they ban all the people using addons/send/superwarp you eliminate 99% of the population, along with all their Profits. If you don't agree with this you are on the wrong side of the 1%. The Game will be dead and you will have no one to play with.

The only thing SE added that was ok has been Equipsets and that is pathetic. SE needs to realize what people want and adapt or die.

SE is going to be just fine banning people left and right, because for every one multiboxer caught/banned, there's still 10 others paying for 4-6 accounts + 20 mules (wardrobes too). One prominent player removed is not going to make a dent in their subs.
By Draylo 2020-09-23 14:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt they even care about the subs from this game, they put the bare minimum effort into everything they do for it from what I see lol. They go so far as to police people streaming their precious XIV, policing things that take place not even within the game. This game they use a dated automated system to smack its players around.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-23 14:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Multi-boxing is the real issue here.

Is it, though? Isn't SE just biting the hand that feeds them if they truly went after multi-boxers aggressively? Not to mention the VAST majority of addons are quality of life improvements, not some secret way to break the game. Yes, there have been several examples of addons/etc that clearly allow us to circumvent game mechanics. But again, most are/were created to deal with a clunky interface or other annoyances in the game that only get exacerbated the longer the game exists.

I'm NOT trying to justify all this. Just point out that this game has so many unnecessary time sinks unrelated to actual play (nested menus, a bad design of NPC interaction (in particular, shops), limited gear storage in a game built around gear acquisition....the list goes on and on.

If they truly wish for this game to exist on a relevant level of membership and interest, SE either needs to do major rework to the game(not gonna happen, its too old and not popular enough to justify the work is my assumption), or work in tandem with their community.

Lastly- its not on the devs of windower/ashita to babysit us. Just because I can find an addon that's questionable doesn't mean I'm forced to use it, and I do so at my own risk, not theirs. Kinda a standard arrangement for something free, to be honest. Gas stations still sell cigarettes even though even us smokers know they're killing us. Do I fault the gas station for selling them when I develop cancer, or do I realize it was a CHOICE I made and as a result, I live with the reprocussions.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-09-23 14:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
RadialArcana said: »
Quote:
"cheat action verified by logs"

This implies you talked about what you were doing in party / linkshell / yell.

Not at all. Quite a few "too many" lua confirm in echo what action you are taking in the chatlog.

like Gearswap: DD mode TH mode Hybid mode PDT etc

When you type //ma fire that gets recorded, and shouldn't work, that's in the log verifying you used an addon (shortcuts) to make it work
Uh, I do that normally in my macros in game. Should I not?
By Draylo 2020-09-23 14:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ariaum said: »
You are making many assumptions. VW clears the box only and super warp is skipping a menu. 0 - automation.

please stop arguing otherwise as you have no idea what you are talking about.

This is just not true, no matter how you try to excuse it lol. We've gotten very lazy these days and the addons are a reflection of that. Another reason I laughed that Simonses had mentioned that the guy doesn't cheat or use grey area addons when these days anything can be fit under that umbrella really.
 Asura.Tsm
Server: Asura
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-23 14:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

this would be the equivalent to gas stations selling meth. cigarettes are perfectly legal so that is probably the worst parallel one could try to draw.

cheat til your hearts content, i don't think anyone cares. windower/ffxiah used to be a place that did lots of virtue signaling though, if they have devolved to sites that allow cheating then that's fine.
By RadialArcana 2020-09-23 14:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The STFU and the developers are separate entities, the STFU cover all SE games.

The developers don't ban people.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-23 14:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
One prominent player removed is not going to make a dent in their subs.

If anything I could see some wannabe Ejins step up their multi box game and subs go up. There's one guy on Asura who calls him self the Ejin of Asura(laughable because he's actually pretty bad at multi-boxing) but I could totally see other people be like "I'm gonna stream FFXI now!"

Is there any indication Ejin or Eliidyr were banned by STF? Not from what I've seen.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-23 14:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Quote:

Not at all. Quite a few "too many" lua confirm in echo what action you are taking in the chatlog.

When you type //ma fire that gets recorded, and shouldn't work, that's in the log verifying you used an addon (shortcuts) to make it work

It's only possible to do this with Shortcuts addon. sometimes I type /impetus or something when I don't feel like going to the menu because it's convenient, especially when I am typing or playing on keyboard. The actual ja use syntax is "/ja "Impetus" <me>", so any //[action] command you are telling on yourself.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-23 14:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Quote:

I don't personally think it rises to the level of "being ban-able because" but just know that it does exist and nothing is "safe" I personally make all my macros look normal. IE /jobability "provoke" instead of //provoke
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-09-23 14:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant using echo as a note to self. I don't use any //commands in-game. Sorry for being imprecise.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2020-09-23 14:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

May as well just remove windower all together because the program itself is cheating because its not vanilla
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-09-23 15:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
If anything I could see some wannabe Ejins step up their multi box game and subs go up. There's one guy on Asura who calls him self the Ejin of Asura(laughable because he's actually pretty bad at multi-boxing) but I could totally see other people be like "I'm gonna stream FFXI now!"
OMG dude. I could stream my pocket whm running headlong into dyna mobs because I have no clue what window I'm on!
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-23 15:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You're just reading too far into this, we've been using all these types of plugins/addons for ages and nothing has changed. It isn't that, it was probably the automated part causing a red flag. You would see a lot more people banned if it was simply windower/gearswap.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-23 15:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
May as well just remove windower all together because the program itself is cheating because its not vanilla

not sure where the disconnect is for a lot of y'all.

addons that enhance your UI or are simple QOL improvements i'm sure SE is ok with. anything that is playing another character for you or playing the game for you is automation and is cheating.

this is really not that hard to understand, examples of this are send/craft/superwarps/vw/anything send related/enhanced gearswaps that are floating around.
[+]
By GwenStacy 2020-09-23 15:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »

addons that enhance your UI or are simple QOL improvements i'm sure SE is ok with. anything that is playing another character for you or playing the game for you is automation and is cheating.

this is really not that hard to understand, examples of this are send/craft/superwarps/vw/anything send related/enhanced gearswaps that are floating around.

can you type it slower i don't understand
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-23 15:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shishichito is forming students, it seems.

And thats a bad thing...
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-23 15:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

GwenStacy said: »

can you type it slower i don't understand

I'm sure he can send you a message-oh wait, send is bad.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-23 15:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
One prominent player removed is not going to make a dent in their subs.

Is there any indication Ejin or Eliidyr were banned by STF? Not from what I've seen.

The special task force handle player banning and investigations, on all their online games. If you get banned, the STF investigated it and banned you. The developers just work on the game, they don't do this stuff.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-23 15:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The special task force handle player banning and investigations, on all their online games. If you get banned, the STF investigated it and banned you. The developers just work on the game, they don't do this stuff.

Not all bans are STF bans. Some are automated, some are GM based.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-23 15:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This right here is why everyone is confused. No they are not, it's literally written in black and white that it isn't okay.

Them allowing it for the next 30 days, isn't them changing the Terms. Windower / Ashita + anything else you load up in the background that reads, hooks or in any case allows you to get something another player can not, can be denied at any time they see fit. It's that easy. We accept or we don't. :shrugs:

That's how I look at it every time I log in.

Edit: Let me clarify; I don't mean they will, I just mean they can make that choice.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-09-23 15:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of these bans could be automation based. For example, if you're 4-6 boxing, effectively "soloing" difficult T4 Geas Fete NMs and showing everyone how its done in videos, they will see that evidence as an offense because there's no way you can physically do all that yourself. But it's impossible to know, and they'll never tell you the exact criteria for getting banned, because human nature will find ways around it.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-23 15:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

This right here is why everyone is confused. No they are not, it's literally written in black and white that it isn't okay.

Them allowing it for the next 30 days, isn't them changing the Terms. Windower / Ashita + anything else you load up in the background that reads, hooks or in any case allows you to get something another player can not, can be denied at any time they see fit. It's that easy. We accept or we don't. :shrugs:

Edit: Let me clarify; I don't mean they will, I just mean they can make that choice.

idk what to tell you. if you go 38 in a 35 you're likely to not be pulled over if you pass a cop. could he pull you over? yep. is it likely? no. the law is you can only go 35 but you're likely to not get pulled over.

if you go 90 in a 35 shooting shotguns out the driver side window in a school zone you're probably going to get pulled over.

if you are unable to make the distinction to decide what is acceptable risk, then yes, you're correct, you should probably play vanilla.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-23 15:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lol send isn't automation or the game playing itself for you, neither is half of that stuff, it's sad that one gets it so wrong, multiple times.

again: L O L
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-23 15:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
lol send isn't automation or the game playing itself for you, neither is half of that stuff, it's sad that one gets it so wrong, multiple times.

again: L O L
wonder if you're familiar with what IPC or a non interactive action is.

useless posts from this guy as always. wasn't fonewear banned for constantly shitting up topics to get post count? could the same thing apply to this kid?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-23 15:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

idk what to tell you. if you go 38 in a 35 you're likely to not be pulled over if you pass a cop. could he pull you over? yep. is it likely? no. the law is you can only go 35 but you're likely to not get pulled over.

if you go 90 in a 35 shooting shotguns out the driver side window in a school zone you're probably going to get pulled over.

if you are unable to make the distinction to decide what is acceptable risk, then yes, you're correct, you should probably play vanilla.
I don't get you, are you saying that it's ok to bend the rules a little bit, or that you must obey the rules regardless?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-23 15:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

@TSM; I'm not disagreeing with you at all though, you are correct. It is still illegal though; that's all I am saying. They could just decide to watch the world burn, and they could do that.

Most of this speculation is their own fault. They have let things slide for so long we don't know what's allowed and what is not anymore. That doesn't make it okay, but players are confused, strangely, and SE is hit or miss with everything which doesn't make it any better. They are trying to snipe cheaters with an uzi.
By Draylo 2020-09-23 15:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

But they aren't doing that, I don't get how people assume that at all. The banning would be a lot more widespread if so. They can even pull the plug on the game if they want, just debating silliness.
[+]
By ksoze 2020-09-23 15:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Arent we all happy that there is something to drama over again?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-23 15:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
Arent we all happy that there is something to drama over again?
I didn't originally intend for drama per se, but I knew it was coming since I had got hit which meant that it would lead to this at some point.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 35 36 37