Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 129 130 131
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-27 15:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

China "stopped(slowed) getting new cases" but
Quote:
China Orders Re-Closing Of All Cinemas Nationwide

HMMMMMMM

Can't get new cases if you refuse to test *taps temple*
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-27 15:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, Chinese government is definitely playing foul with their numbers. Would be hard to convince me otherwise.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-03-27 15:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This is America;
Quote:
A 17-year-old boy in Los Angeles County who became the first teen believed to have died from complications with covid-19 in the U.S. was denied treatment at an urgent care clinic because he didn’t have health insurance
Quote:
The teen’s death has been removed from the official U.S. death toll, according to Public Health Director Dr. Barbara Ferrer
Quote:
There have also been allegations from health care workers in the U.S. that some covid-19 deaths aren’t being properly counted
https://gizmodo.com/teen-who-died-of-covid-19-was-denied-treatment-because-1842520539
Quote:
number one in confirmed cases now despite inadequate testing
Sick of winning?
Well, for one, urgent care clinics are not hospitals, so they do not fall under the same regulations for treatment as hospitals do, and second, it is highly unlikely that the kid stopped seeking treatment after he was denied services from urgent care. It's more likely that he was referred to a hospital afterwards and then died there.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-03-27 15:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Yea, Chinese government is definitely playing foul with their numbers. Would be hard to convince me otherwise.
If you honestly think that they are going to report any facts on, well, anything, then boy, do I have a beachside home to sell to you! Located in sunny Las Vegas, it's a one-of-a-kind property that has a lot of buyers looking into it, but for you, I'll sell it at a discount!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-27 15:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Update since yesterday as Montreal becomes a major contagion zone, 10 deaths so far today, we are expecting parts of the city to be in complete lockdown.
Yikes. My county so far I have only heard of one confirmed case, but no deaths yet. I will reiterate, I do not envy anyone living in big cities right now.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-27 15:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If you honestly think that they are going to report any facts on, well, anything, then boy, do I have a beachside home to sell to you! Located in sunny Las Vegas, it's a one-of-a-kind property that has a lot of buyers looking into it, but for you, I'll sell it at a discount!
If it ain't right on the strip also, then no deal!
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-27 15:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Update since yesterday as Montreal becomes a major contagion zone, 10 deaths so far today, we are expecting parts of the city to be in complete lockdown.
Yikes. My county so far I have only heard of one confirmed case, but no deaths yet. I will reiterate, I do not envy anyone living in big cities right now.

160 cases in my county, 1 death. City is paralyzed with no whm.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-27 15:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yuck, I should do some searching for my area see if the numbers have changed, that one case I heard of was a week ago.

Edit: 3 confirmed, no deaths, all 3 are stable and home quarantined.

400 cases in my state, 10 deaths. The confirmed cases doubled in 4 days.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-27 16:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yuck, I should do some searching for my area see if the numbers have changed, that one case I heard of was a week ago.

Edit: 3 confirmed, no deaths, all 3 are stable and home quarantined.

400 cases in my state, 10 deaths. The confirmed cases doubled in 4 days.

Its common behaviour, exponential growth
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-27 16:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just now i read about some study in turim correlating deaths from covid to lack of vitamin D. Another site says it was facts I don't like back from january.

I supose it should be fake as this kind of vitamin goes directly to what people asking the end of quarentine wants (vitamin D comes from sun).
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2020-03-27 16:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Minimuse said: »
Rooks said: »
I'm unlocking this thread, with the following caveat:

The old anti-vax rule about "anything that deliberately flies in the face of public health/science gets you nuked, no appeal" is in play for this.

Behave yourselves accordingly.

Thank you Rooks <3

I don't have covid-19 yet, but I am directly affected by it.

Two main drugs are used in treating the worst of the covid-19 symptoms. An antibiotic and an anti-malarial.

The anti-malarial Plaquenil is used to treat people with severe autoimmune disorders. Without this medication, most of us will die horribly and needlessly as our body's defense mechanism attacks healthy organ tissues. More than 24 million people in the United States have autoimmune disease.

Plaquenil works like a milder form of chemotherapy without the nasty side effects. Occasionally when my symptoms do get bad, I need to take chemo meds. Otherwise I am fine and don't look sick. I'm a normal gamer girl that loves playing FFXI, stringed musical instruments, foreign cinema, cosplay. Yeah, total nerd, here.

Plaquenil is now in short supply as it is used to help reduce the severity of covid-19 in conjunction with an antibiotic. Plaquenil is also being used as a prophylaxis by some medical professionals.

I only have a 2 month supply of Plaquenil left.

Lets be good to one another, ok?

Let's survive together. I want to get to the part of Odyssey where I get to upgrade my Tatenashi haramaki +1 from Tumult Curator in the next few months.

Thanks for sharing this, I work in a pharmacy in the UK and shortages of certain medications has become a real issue. Pharmacies here have been given permission to split boxes of 100 paracetamol which is usually a POM medication (prescription only medication)when in this size box down to 30-50 to sell over the counter. For all the years working in a pharmacy, this is the first time I've seen this allowed. We are also more recently having stock issues mostly with inhalers clenil/qvar as those who are house bound with respiratory problems I assume are stocking up to be sure. I don't believe theres a manufacturer issue causing these shortages at the moment (this can sometimes happen if the raw materials used to make the drug are in short supply)just that demand recently has been much higher.

I really hope you can continue to get the medication you need.

best wishes :)

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-27 16:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, because you aren't an American.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-27 16:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I specifically remember being in full "I couldn't care less" mode for the swine flu. Same with bird flu.
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
Server: Carbuncle
user: Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2020-03-27 16:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you live in 11 you won't notice much of anything in the outside world.

I'm confident the TP raids, limited food buys, an low gas prices are faily global by this point.

If not.. others (not me) might want to know your location, so they can go back in time sorta =p
 Leviathan.Cashymoneygal
By Leviathan.Cashymoneygal 2020-03-27 16:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well my prayers to everyone everywhere who is experiencing hardship in the face of this pandemic. Thankfully who would have thought not being able to get out and enjoy life would be my biggest asset against this virus. Thankfully, my family and I aren't exposed but my mother who works for City of Chicago had a close scare. Someone on the bottom floor was infected!

As for quality of life, it's shameful to see ignorance, panic and fear overpower common sense and integrity. I'm a home health aide for my grandma. She is bedbound and need 24/7 care (hence no life for me earlier). I saw prices of normal items wipes, sanitizer, water, and toiletries triple to tendfold regular price and fighting in stores over products. I do almost all my shopping online now to avoid having to deal with that horrible scene. It took 4-6 hours searching to find a store to get the basic needs that will allow me to do the basic caregiver duties and have food that will last a week or so.

I pray that people find the decency and consideration to be mindful of others. With respect to USA; Take advantage of free food being offered to help those in need. Seniors making under 2500? I believe can apply for free SNAP to help with food and should automatically get accepted. I hope everyone gets what they need, especially those of us who go paycheck to paycheck or been put in a situation where trying to get back on track. And of course those who are doing fine, I hope that continues to be the case and just everyone take care!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-27 17:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I still am amazed that we have preliminary numbers that show this has at least double is not 4x the spread rate and between 5 and 10 times the mortality rate, but because the final number isn't high enough yet its "not a problem". Simple math my 4th grader understands shows the potential and why such measures are taken now and not in the past.

This really isn't complex dude. If you want to make an argument about implementation of such measures as to how they relate to personal freedoms and long-term eradication of rights, well then maybe we can have an interesting discussion. But it starts with a fundamental acceptance that this is worth taking measures against based on those two things- spread rate and mortality rate.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-27 17:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Minimuse said: »
Let's survive together. I want to get to the part of Odyssey where I get to upgrade my Tatenashi haramaki +1 from Tumult Curator in the next few months.

Stay strong my muse <3
By Pantafernando 2020-03-27 17:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I don't remember being that panicked about swine flu either, but I remember it being on the news constantly. I was probably just playing FFXI too.

The reason is pretty clear.

Back when all those pandemics diseases were spreading around the world, technology wasnt anything near what we have right now. Many dominant social medias we have nowaday either didnt exist back them, or they werent as popular like they are now.

Even press situation wasnt that worse like nowaday with constant drop in sales forcing them to resort more and more on sensationalism.

Other medias just allow like a nobody like youtubers to talk and be heard by like millions and trusted despite most of them dont have even the basic level of reasoning.

Plus, nowaday everyone uses facts I don't like to their own benefit, and that has become to much spread around the world. People just lie like there is no tomorrow. Either by giving partial information, inaccurate information, incomplete information, information from not reliable sources or even straight lies.

Also, given how this is a first time something like that is happening, people have been reacting too passively. None question anything, they just accept it. They totally give up anything near racionality to succumb in fear.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-27 18:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the big difference was I heard about swine flu/bird flu nonstop all day every day but never knew anyone that had it or anyone that knew anyone that had it.

With this you hear about the people who have it or the consequences of it, and almost nothing about it, itself. The paradigm shifted.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-03-27 19:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Funniest thing I've seen since this whole saga started.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-27 21:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I do enjoy the irony of this one (unfortunate that it took death)

Quote:
Religious Ignorance Kills: Landon Spradlin, a Virginia pastor who claimed the “mass hysteria” around the coronavirus pandemic was part of a media plot against Trump, has died from the virus.

There is something deeply satisfying about people like that being caught up in their own stupidity.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-27 21:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda like that idiot that thought God would save him from a rattlesnake bite.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-27 22:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-03-27 23:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Funniest thing I've seen since this whole saga started.

Everyone sounds like they are having sinus.
By Voren 2020-03-28 00:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it - George Santayana c1905.

Do we need the body count to know this is a significant virus?

My agency is trying to stay ahead of this by implementing various measures, as are other LEA's around the US. i suggested a reduced staff cutting personnel by 50% and on a 7 day rotation. I'm the most senior at going on 18 years, next has been here 5 years (our turnover is pretty high) which means I've volunteered for the worst possible shift. I'm currently prepping myself with Vaseline and O-ring exercises.

Our courthouse is shut down except for emergency protection orders. Everything else is being pushed back. Inmates are not happy, and considering most are in for not killing someone I find myself empathizing with them.
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 129 130 131