ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 142 143 144
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-17 17:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
And Hideka

I think I actually know Hideka really. Aren't you on Asura now?

nah havent left cerb since the game launched in the NA.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-19 10:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cite a Dem leader saying they are against the idea of sending out checks.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-19 10:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Then it should be easy for you to cite, since you just posted a tweet.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-19 11:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the best you can do? I didn't see Schumer even mention the $1000 check in the clip you provided. Try again.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-19 11:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »

I see some woman named Heather Caygle tweeting out her opinion. Try again.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-19 11:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So, we are just gonna go with you are lying about Dem opposition to the Dem idea of sending out checks to Americans? Thats fine, I mean, we all knew you were lying when you said it. Rest assured, when the Dems write the bill, it will include their idea of sending out checks, and PLENTY of Republicans are going to hate it.

Post deleted by User.
By Odinz 2020-03-20 03:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
So democrats aren't blocking the cheques, but saying expanding unemployment benefits would be better?
(they're saying it isn't enough. and they're right)
Call me crazy, but that sounds like a more effective solution seeing as a cheque is a one time thing, and an adhoc solution.
Addressing unemployment benefits would address everything, in perpetuity.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-03-20 09:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah was kind of a weird reversal of roles, because the President was immediately for payroll tax cuts and direct stimulus, the Democrats had to take the opposite position. The only thing the Democrats stand for is anti-Trump.

This is a very temporary situation, so I expect everything to be back to normal in six to twelve months, depending on what "normal" is to some people.
By Viciouss 2020-03-20 09:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Yeah was kind of a weird reversal of roles, because the President was immediately for payroll tax cuts and direct stimulus, the Democrats had to take the opposite position. The only thing the Democrats stand for is anti-Trump.

This is a very temporary situation, so I expect everything to be back to normal in six to twelve months, depending on what "normal" is to some people.

Yeah this is ***. Just like kireek's attempts. Everyone was against a payroll tax cut and it got dumped almost immediately. Now everyone, and when I say everyone I mean the Dems, GOP, and WH has rejected McConnell's proposal, which is what i said would happen from the outset. It was a partisan effort and he couldn't even get a majority of his caucus to support it. Write it off, its gone. Look to Pelosi and Mnuchin to once again lead the effort.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-20 10:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... them payroll tax cuts are really going to help the hundreds of thousands who are suddenly out of work or under shelter in place orders.

DOA from both parties.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-03-20 11:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Yeah... them payroll tax cuts are really going to help the hundreds of thousands who are suddenly out of work or under shelter in place orders.

DOA from both parties.

Payroll taxes are to keep them at work by lowering both their own and their employers cost for keeping them. Employers pay about half a persons salary in taxes / benefits just to keep them around. So if your making 50K a year upfront, your employer is paying an additional 25K a year for you. Eliminating your position saves them about 75K a year, which is why China and India have been cleaning our clocks in labor costs. Reducing both the employee's and employers taxes both offsets the loss of business income and lower hours some are going to get.

Of course that's not the only thing that needs to be done, direct stimulus is also needed, these are not mutually exclusive concepts. Democrat faithful have very little idea how economics works so they think the cash given in a paycheck is the only money that exists.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-20 12:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Payroll taxes are irrelevant if business are closed. There are no benefits to payroll tax cuts right now.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-20 12:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Dems are still clinging to the idea they'll win the election, and letting a bill being called 'trump bux' pass would be absolutely fatal to that.

Nothing wrong with the bill, but can't have orange man getting good press for it.
By Viciouss 2020-03-20 12:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Dems are still clinging to the idea they'll win the election, and letting a bill being called 'trump bux' pass would be absolutely fatal to that.

Nothing wrong with the bill, but can't have orange man getting good press for it.

If there is nothing wrong with it, why did the WH, Dems, and GOP all object to it? McConnell couldn't even get his own party to support it. Nice troll tho.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-20 13:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We already saw that literally bribing the people isn't good enough or Yang would be the nominee. He was offering 50 grand. and had less than a snowballs chance in hell so there's that.
By Viciouss 2020-03-20 13:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again, the Dems have never been against the direct deposits, it was their idea, kireeks is lying. The Dems however, are focusing on income as well, not just a one or two time deposit. Trump isn't involved at all, the Dems aren't even talking to him.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-20 13:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
We already saw that literally bribing the people isn't good enough or Yang would be the nominee. He was offering 50 grand. and had less than a snowballs chance in hell so there's that.

Apples to oranges. Yang wasn’t proposing a one-time stimulus.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-20 13:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, McConnell is a joke, does he realize that no one has to follow his lead to get something done? If he doesn't give the Dems what they want, they can safely walk away and rely on Pelosi to do the job, again.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-20 13:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

He was offering 48 "one time stimuli" 48 > 1~2
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-20 13:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

He was offering 48 "one time stimuli" 48 > 1~2

Exactly. It’s no secret that his plan wasn’t sustainable. That’s the difference.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 142 143 144