ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 142 143 144

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-15 17:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Before we go any further, do you actually believe that you are unbiased?
Politically?

And in general, I guess.
It depends what you're asking really. If the question is about whether or not I would defend something which someone said because I have a bias towards the person that said it over the person disagreeing with them or criticising them then no. Not at all. I would never defend a friend over an enemy even, if I disagree with the position of the friend.

That's a very narrow interpretation of bias, but okay. You do acknowledge, however, that your interpretation of what is and what is not "wrong" is based largely on your own life experiences, and therefore it is subjective?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-15 17:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get all prissy, I'm going somewhere with this, and it's on topic. Answer my question as posed.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-15 18:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I never realized a yes/no question could be so hard. Screw it then, we'll go your route. You feel that you have the "correct" frame for the "clearly worded statement" even though you were not at the meeting, nor have you looked at the transcript for said meeting, nor did you know any such transcript even existed. You are trying to claim that my "reframing" was biased, when all I did was take a quote from a page of quotes that were harvested for the sole purpose of making Trump look bad and put it in the context of how it actually occurred.

So where did I get my "reframed" reference from? A news site with a known bias against Trump, which is something that I already told you guys that I do so that nobody freaks out about me using Fox News or something. Quote, from NBC News:

Quote:
During the roundtable, Trump also asked whether the seasonal flu shot could be used to prevent infection in the meantime.

"You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?" Trump asked.

"No," a pharmaceutical researcher attending the meeting replied.

Where exactly is your problem with how I "reframed" the quote?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-15 18:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I just saw video of the question, because apparently that's out there. It backs my interpretation. He looks up like he's mulling it over just before asking the question, like he was just offhandedly considering the possibility before speaking. When they say no, Trump nods and accepts their response.

Even Trump's biggest detractors in the media are just saying it was a stupid question, not that it was "loaded" or a "proposal" or anything of the sort.

Also, back to the main point, I do not think you could bring yourself to ever criticise Donald Trump ever about anything.

I have several times in here, and many more times in my everyday life. So, you're wrong. That was easy. You want to see it more from me? Delve into policy from a pro/con perspective. It'll be far more plain to see.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-15 19:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So you accept it is a stupid question but then do not, in addition to that, think he should have just shut up and listen to the experts in future? Also, it is the wording that makes it a loaded question, an implication of belief in the idea and a suggestion. Normal people don't do that when faced with experts, they want to learn and listen, not propose. I'm not pretending to be a linguistic expert but a normal human asking a question from a position of inquiry would not phrase it that way. Surely you can see this.

I've never seen it on this forum, though I would say you are clearly not as obsessed as people like Saevel. He has some OCD issues anyway which is probably related though.

Bro, I don't know, I wasn't there. Maybe in that setting it was appropriate for him to ask questions (it's his administration), maybe it was inappropriate. That's the point, because neither do you. You're basing this on of how "normal people" do things, which is pure conjecture and subject to your own personal biases. Regardless, Trump isn't a "normal person" by most standards, nor was he elected to be. Most leaders are groomed to appear normal, but those same leaders screw us over too, so what value is there in being normal?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-15 19:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

"On of", that's a new one. Thanks iPhone!

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-15 19:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

By 'normal' I meant rational, sane and reasonable, by the way. Not subjective measures of normality or commonness. Of course a celebrity is already not a 'normal person' if that is taken to mean average Joe person.

Rational and reasonable are not adjectives that I would use for most politicians. I think I have a much more cynical view of government than you do.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-15 19:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In the UK many are rational and reasonable, only they use that to ensure their election and progression rather than to serve the country or people.
At least we have the latter point in common.
By fonewear 2020-03-15 20:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't even bother Rav this guy is like Vic but tens time worse.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-03-15 21:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

He's quite adept at keeping Rav in check.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-15 22:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen on the web:

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”- FDR

“Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”- JFK

“I don’t take responsibility at all.”- DJT

“We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”-Barack Obama

“We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex.”-Dwight Eisenhower

“I know words. I have the best words.”-DJT
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-15 22:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

Coming from you, that means absolutely nothing.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-15 23:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Seen on the web:

“Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”- JFK

“We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”-Barack Obama

“We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex.”-Dwight Eisenhower

Ah, the cherry-picked quote game. That's a fun one. (Again, Chanti, you're better than this.)

"I’ve now been in fifty ... seven states?" - Barack Obama

"A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States—Barack America!" - Joe Biden

"If I were a single man, I might ask that mummy out. That's a good-looking mummy." ​- Bill Clinton
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-15 23:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

By volkom 2020-03-16 00:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen on the web:

Ah, the cherry-picked quote game. That's a fun one. (Again, Chanti, you're better than this.)

"A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States—Barack America!" - Joe Biden

"If I were a single man, I might ask that mummy out. That's a good-looking mummy." ​- Bill Clinton

"I'll have those ni***rs voting Democratic for the next 200 years." - LBJ

"Facts are stupid things." - reagan

“Be polite to all, but intimate with few.” - Jefferson
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-03-16 06:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ote | Reply  | Report | Score: 0 +

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

Coming from you, that means absolutely nothing.

"I know you are, but what am I?" ~Pee Wee herman.

Come on Rav, I'd expect you to be above schoolyard taunting.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-16 08:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Seen on the web:

"I'll have those ni***rs voting Democratic for the next 200 years." - LBJ

"Facts are stupid things." - reagan

“Be polite to all, but intimate with few.” - Jefferson

just cause i want a good trump quote in there:

Quote:
When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.
By Odinz 2020-03-16 08:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
You conveniently ignore every time you get intellectually destroyed and humiliated and instead quote previous posts to claim superiority every time now. I enjoy watching you squirm like this.

*Takes a sip*

Do go on.
I'm still waiting for you to give more laughable defense of Trump. Do tell us how suggesting flu vaccine for coronavirus is an appropriate thing for a leader to do.

That was a quote from a roundtable task force with administration health officials and heads of pharmaceutical companies. He asked if a seasonal flu shot could help. They said, "No." There's your context. He wasn't speaking to the nation directly, he wasn't suggesting that people do it, he literally asked a question to health professionals and they responded. That's it.

But remember kids

Democrats Good
Republicans Bad
Orange Man VERY VERY BAD

We said that as satire yet it's no longer distinguishable from reality. President can take a dump, and the press would report him as racist because it was brown. All the locals would then vigorously agree with the press on Trumps racism against brown people.
nah. they're all just as equally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

So is Denmark so what's your point.
Nope.

1.we don't have a government paralyzed on deciding who pays for covid-19 test kits.
2. Our media isn't using this an opportunity to score points against the other party(s)
3. We don't a president or prime minister spewing disinformation and causing panic.
4. We don't have a healthcare system that requires health insurance to treat the ill and sick

We didn't publicize or politicize the contingency measures we were taking to combat the spread of this virus.

Put your money where your mouth is - I bet we come out of this in way better shape than the U.S, any takers?

didn't think so

Either way, 2 weeks from now we will know, and I'll come back and quote this post.

The U.S is going to be much much much worse than both Italy and China.

Democrats can thank Trump, Republicans can blame Obama or whoever they want.

Though the true culprits are YOU, the people.
By Odinz 2020-03-16 08:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, and Covid- 19 Vaccines will be free for EVERYONE, including our equivalent of what you call "illegal immigrants/aliens"
By volkom 2020-03-16 09:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
oh, and Covid- 19 Vaccines will be free for EVERYONE, including our equivalent of what you call "illegal immigrants/aliens"

thats good you guys are doing that and closing your borders too to help contain the situation. in the mean time over here 'illegals/undocumented immigrants' won't go to the doctor because they think they're going to get deported. Not knowing who someone is or where they came from is probably a bigger danger to the public health than before
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 142 143 144