ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 142 143 144
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-03-10 16:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
It’s hard to do that when much of the panic is manufactured by your opponents just to spite you.

Trump is such a victim.

Somewhere around 12,000 people died in 2009 from the swine flu, and there was nowhere near this level of panic nor blame.

That is because we had a real president in office, one that could handle a situation of that magnitude.

Yeah, he handled so well that the federal government botched the vaccine rollout. But it’s okay because he was a “real president”, which is my new favorite contender for the most meaningless distinction in this thread.

You're clearly completely missing the point. Let's steer back around to Trump's mishandling of the pandemic and the resulting economy crash.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-10 16:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No thanks, you can write the narrative to your own fantasy without me.
By Viciouss 2020-03-10 16:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Like this?

Yeah, he handled so well that the federal government botched the vaccine rollout. But it’s okay because he was a “real president”, which is my new favorite contender for the most meaningless distinction in this thread.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-10 16:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Like this?

Nope. Quoting PolitiFact:

Quote:
When Obama made his [national emergency] declaration, the New York Times reported at the time, thousands of people were lining up in cities across the country to receive vaccinations, as federal officials acknowledged that their vaccination program had gotten off to a slow start, with some states having requested 10 times the amount they have been allotted.
By Viciouss 2020-03-10 16:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I don't see Politifact calling that a "botched rollout." Seems like that's just you.
By Viciouss 2020-03-10 16:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to remember the swine vaccine being made publicly available way faster than most standard vaccines. It would take a miracle to have that happen again this time. Based on what the CDC is saying, it's not gonna happen this time.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-03-10 16:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I don't see Politifact calling that a "botched rollout." Seems like that's just you.

Cause they didn't.
[+]
By volkom 2020-03-10 16:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bing and edge? Gross
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-03-10 16:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/04/facebook-posts/president-obama-declared-h1n1-public-health-emerge/

In fact according to Politifact it was quite the opposite and preventative/proactive in measure.

People call the left sheep yet regurgitate lies blindly... welcome to the internet.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-10 17:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zerowone said: »
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/04/facebook-posts/president-obama-declared-h1n1-public-health-emerge/

In fact according to Politifact it was quite the opposite and preventative/proactive in measure.

People call the left sheep yet regurgitate lies blindly... welcome to the internet.

My comments had nothing to do with Obama calling it a public health emergency or not. It was specifically directed at the slow vaccine rollout.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-03-10 18:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My comments had nothing to do with Obama calling it a public health emergency or not. It was specifically directed at the slow vaccine rollout.

Quote:
Obama’s acting director of health and human services declared H1N1 a public health emergency on April 26, 2009.
That was when only 20 cases of H1N1 — and no deaths — around the country had been confirmed.

Two days later, the administration made an initial funding request for H1N1 to Congress. Eventually $7.65 billion was allocated for a vaccine and other measures.
H1N1 was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization on June 11, 2009.

/facepalm

It wasn't a slow roll out so much as states underestimated how wide spread H1N1 was going to be, evident in the allotments they were initially requesting when they vaccine was being developed. Let alone how resistant it was to existing anti-viral.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-pandemic-timeline.html
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-10 18:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
federal officials acknowledged that their vaccination program had gotten off to a slow start
By Viciouss 2020-03-10 18:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that even remotely the same as "botched?"
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-10 18:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

By definition, "botched" isn't even a very strong term. If I had called it a "disaster" or a "fiasco", then you might have a point.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-03-10 18:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

From the CDC:

Quote:
April 26
The United States Government declared 2009 H1N1 a Public Health Emergency of International Concern and CDC began releasing 25% of antiviral drugs needed to treat this new influenza virus from the federal stockpile

The CDC says your feelings and recollections are wrong.

We get it “High Yellow Man is bad” in the Conservative bias bubble.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-10 18:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

From the CDC:

Quote:
April 26
The United States Government declared 2009 H1N1 a Public Health Emergency of International Concern and CDC began releasing 25% of antiviral drugs needed to treat this new influenza virus from the federal stockpile

The CDC says your feelings and recollections are wrong.

We get it “High Yellow Man is bad” in the Conservative bias bubble.

My "feelings and recollections"? I was basing my argument off of Politifact, Genius. I don't even care how it was handled. Your quote doesn't even back your rebuttal well, but that's neither here nor there.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-10 18:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

And I should note that words like "disaster" and "fiasco" are being thrown around regarding Trump's handling of the coronavirus, even though he was called a xenophobe for putting travel restrictions on China sooner than Democrats thought he should have and even though the results aren't anywhere near swine flu levels yet.

Besides, this whole conversation is irrelevant. There is literally nothing that Trump could have done that would have won your praise. You would have found a way to call it a problem, and if Obama had done the exact same thing he would be declared a hero. I had the gall to even point out one issue where the government admits that it could have done better with swine flu, and you guys are going crazy trying to prove me wrong.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-10 18:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It was actually pretty easy to prove you wrong, considering you posted the evidence that proved yourself wrong. just like its been easy to take accurate swings at Trump's pathetic handling of the coronavirus. Also, again, to correct you, everyone said Trump waited too long to put restrictions on China travel. He blew it off in January, when he should have done it.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-03-10 18:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And I should note that words like "disaster" and "fiasco" are being thrown around regarding Trump's handling of the coronavirus, even though he was called a xenophobe for putting travel restrictions on China sooner than Democrats thought he should have and even though the results aren't anywhere near swine flu levels yet.

Besides, this whole conversation is irrelevant. There is literally nothing that Trump could have done that would have won your praise. You would have found a way to call it a problem, and if Obama had done the exact same thing he would be declared a hero. I had the gall to even point out one issue where the government admits that it could have done better with swine flu, and you guys are going crazy trying to prove me wrong.

Now it’s irrelevant because you’re off based and factually wrong.

When your wrong and you double down on a statement that is factually wrong; you’re arguing your feelings or blatantly trolling.

Let’s keep talking about it because you don’t dictate ***about the direction a conversation takes around these part.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-10 18:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

All Trump has done is blow off the dangers of the coronavirus, as Americans are dying from it everyday. Even if previous outbreaks killed more people, why can't he take it seriously? He has been exposed to it, directly, but he blows off a test because its "no big deal." How many people have to die for it to be real?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-10 18:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It was actually pretty easy to prove you wrong, considering you posted the evidence that proved yourself wrong. just like its been easy to take accurate swings at Trump's pathetic handling of the coronavirus. Also, again, to correct you, everyone said Trump waited too long to put restrictions on China travel. He blew it off in January, when he should have done it.

?

No, I didn't prove myself wrong. But you are proving yourself wrong. Trump announced the Chinese travel ban in January.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-10 19:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

When your wrong and you double down on a statement that is factually wrong; you’re arguing your feelings or blatantly trolling.

Let’s keep talking about it because you don’t dictate ***about the direction a conversation takes around these part.

Uhh, sure bud. The more you post the less sense you make. Do you suffer from "if I say it enough it must be true" syndrome?
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-03-10 19:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhh, sure bud. The more you post the less sense you make. Do you suffer from "if I say it enough it must be true" syndrome?

You seem too think that about yourself and projecting it onto me since you quoted a debunked false statement and I quoted the CDC timeline on the subject, that “your wrong ***” brought up.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-10 19:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem too think that about yourself and projecting it onto me since you quoted a debunked false statement and I quoted the CDC timeline on the subject, that “your wrong ***” brought up.

So, I quote a post saying one thing (from a leftist website no less), and you post a quote saying another, and yours is automatically more true? That makes sense. You go, girl.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-10 19:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
volkom said: »
Bing and edge? Gross

Take it from a web developper, Edge is the superior browser right now with the latest update. They changed their engine to Chromium.

Bing is still crap.

I’m still trying to figure out what happened to Firefox. It used to be good, and now it has huge memory leaking issues (at least for me).
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-03-10 19:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I quote a post saying one thing (from a leftist website no less), and you post a quote saying another, and yours is automatically more true? That makes sense. You go, girl.

Are you that dense? I always knew you were out of your depth when it came to argumentation and debate. But really? You gonna ask a dumbass question like that as an adult who claims to be an unbiased thinker?

The website you quoted said those words (the ones you used) were false.

It’s simple. When you’re wrong, you’re wrong. Get your head out of your bubble of disinformation that appeals to your cognitive bias.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-10 19:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you that dense? I always knew you were out of your depth when it came to argumentation and debate. But really? You gonna ask a dumbass question like that as an adult who claims to be an unbiased thinker?

The website you quoted said those words (the ones you used) were false.

It’s simple. When you’re wrong, you’re wrong. Get your head out of your bubble of disinformation that appeals to your cognitive bias.

The website that claimed that the federal government admitting that its rollout was was slow was disproved... by itself? So, they didn’t admit that? I would enjoy bickering with you more if you were ever even on the same page of the argument before flipping your frickin’ lid.
By Viciouss 2020-03-10 19:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

?

No, I didn't prove myself wrong. But you are proving yourself wrong. Trump announced the Chinese travel ban in January.

Yes, you did. Just like all of your other BUT OBAMA!!!! deflections, which are always wrong, you tried to bash the swine vaccine rollout, and you failed. They were rolling it out way ahead of schedule. Even if they didn't have as many vaccines as they needed, the timeline was so fast that there is really no complaining about it. Unless you are desperate for a BUT OBAMA!!! moment like you so often are.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 142 143 144