ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-20 20:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
But again, how many people would have ended up in trouble with the Justice Department in previous administrations if they had the same level of scrutiny?
This is not just whataboutism, its imaginary whataboutism.

I am not going to say any administration of my lifetimes has not committed crimes. I will say the vast majority of the ones I know about were committed by the CIA.

Then you are either ill-informed or not paying attention.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-20 20:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Lol, think so? I can guarantee you this, he never steps foot in the Obama, Bush, or Clinton WH. Presidents with daughters? No way.

Yeah, I can’t imagine Bill Clinton having someone on staff who abused women. He certainly didn’t hang out with anyone who was a danger to underage women either.

I figured you would try to play the Clinton card but no, when you have pictures of beaten wives, that guy isn't getting through the door. No one else hires this guy, and no one else keeps him on as long as Trump did.

Yeah, how crazy of me to play the Clinton card in my response to a post that specifically names him.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-20 20:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

... I am not going to say any administration of my lifetimes has not committed crimes. I will say the vast majority of the ones I know about were committed by the CIA.
I don't want to pull the age card but I have read things in newspapers that never made it into your history books.

Also perhaps we pay atention to different things.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-20 22:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

... I am not going to say any administration of my lifetimes has not committed crimes. I will say the vast majority of the ones I know about were committed by the CIA.
I don't want to pull the age card but I have read things in newspapers that never made it into your history books.

I don't doubt either of those statements. It was only after I was out of school that I realized how lame my history textbooks were, but thankfully the avenues for supplemental research have expanded since then.
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-20 22:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

How long until Trump tries to run away from his former favorite confidant?

Did that over two years ago when he ditched him, they turned into teen girls who had a falling out real quick. Don't recall Trump calling him, "Sloppy Steve?"
By Prong 2020-08-20 22:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the fact that he hired so many of these bad actors in the first place that makes Trump constantly look like an idiot. Obviously Bannons crime is well after he left, but he never should have worked in the WH to begin with.

Right! Because of that crystal ball he had that I mentioned before. The same one Obama used to see all the terrible things Holder would do with the Fast & Furious thing...
By Prong 2020-08-20 22:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
volkom said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
volkom said: »
so if someone from Trump's group does something wrong/bad ~ why is it not a good thing if Trump fires them?

One is judged by the company they keep. Bannon wasn't a saint when he was in the WH and suddenly did this.

true~ but why is it not a good thing if Trump does decide to get rid of them? It should be considered a good thing if Trump fires them. We can agree that some of the hires suck and we have good reason to not like them. Maybe its incompetence or maybe the administration is trying to seek something out. I can't trust the govt to not screw things up but I also believe that there's enough people to help guide decisions for the best outcome

Honestly, we should see it as a good thing, but after this many years of surrounding himself with bad people who end up in trouble with the Justice Department, all benefit of the doubt has been used up and its never seen as the right choice- its seen as the move of a desperate man trying to save himself even at the expense of a trail of bodies.

It can be the right move, but people can just have lost so much faith that even the right moves are seen as conniving and scheming vs conscience.

The point is, which liberals ignore, is IF the media had focused SO HARD on every single past administration's cabinet members, I have zero doubt they would have found just as many, if not more, "bad actors." But they didn't. People seem to forget we are currently experiencing a ton of firsts. First modern era non-politician as President. First time BOTH political sides have hard-liners and career politicians blaming the guy who's been president for 3 years for things that have been occurring for decades, first time our media decided to completey and utterly throw off the cape they use to hide their political bias and just own up to it, to an extent.

THIS is why when I see people whine and say that conservatives scrutinized and hated Obama worse than our media and liberals do Trump, I laugh inside. These entire past 3 years are one negative precedent after another from all sides.
By Viciouss 2020-08-20 22:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

More whataboutism going nowhere. Blaming the media has never worked. It's Trump's fault he hired criminals that couldn't even pass a basic background check but got the job anyway.
By Prong 2020-08-20 22:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

But again, how many people would have ended up in trouble with the Justice Department in previous administrations if they had the same level of scrutiny? How much wheeling and dealing has gone under the table while others turned a blind eye? As much as we like to pretend that certain organizations are run by people who are above politics, the past several years have shown that this sentiment is unjustified.

I'm not saying that Trump shouldn't have hired better, because he should have. I just think that there were a lot more closets full of skeletons that were never opened because of political expedience.

The Rob Porter scandal pushes back on this notion quite a bit. Most, if not all of the WH staff has to undergo an extensive background check by the FBI to obtain security clearance. Rob Porter failed his background check because his two wives told the FBI he abused them, and provided photographic evidence. This was some time in the summer of '17. The Feds then told the WH chief of staff and the WH counsel..and they tried to bury it. Porter was dating another WH staffer, a prominent one, Hope Hicks at the time, and she stayed deathly quiet. He held onto his job until the press broke the story in Feb '18. How does that even make sense? The fallout cost John Kelly his job as well. Obama fired Mike Flynn and Jim Mattis for a helluva lot less. How many previous administrations do you think hold onto someone like that, while knowing about it?

The side that elected Bubba Clinton, twice, after being publicly caught cheating on his wife 3 times (twice as Ark. governor, once as President) with a list of sexual assault/rape accusers going all the way back to when he was booted from Oxford for the latter shouldn't really focus on one nobody with poor personal conduct values as an example of how they are, "better."
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-20 22:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

More whataboutism going nowhere. Blaming the media has never worked. It's Trump's fault he hired criminals that couldn't even pass a basic background check but got the job anyway.

Only reason it doesn't work is because the media doesn't judge themselves and people w/o cognitive thinking skills can't think past the box they live in.
By Prong 2020-08-20 22:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ted Kennedy, end of discussion.
By Prong 2020-08-20 22:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This could literally sum up the difference in opinions on every argument in these forums.

The crux of the argument is, though, what people feel is the important information to focus upon.
By Viciouss 2020-08-20 22:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »

Only reason it doesn't work is because the media doesn't judge themselves and people w/o cognitive thinking skills can't think past the box they live in.

That or there have been so many criminals that have worked in the Trump WH that nobody listens to the spin anymore.
By Prong 2020-08-20 22:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That or there have been so many criminals that have worked in the Trump WH that nobody listens to the spin anymore.

You tend to create some criminals when you make up a needless investigation then entrap them with questions that should have never been asked in the first place, we agree.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-20 23:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that never happened. Even if it did, and rest assured, it didn't, it doesn't even cover 25% of the scandals in the Trump WH.
By Prong 2020-08-20 23:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that never happened. Even if it did, and rest assured, it didn't, it doesn't even cover 25% of the scandals in the Trump WH.

Yeah, it happened. Unless you live in a bubble where time stopped in 2019.
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-20 23:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Here we go with the, "Russian collusion happened so so.....yeah, the investigation was legit!' nonsense again.

And Oz thinks TDS isn't a thing.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-20 23:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Or if we just read the evidence telling us what did and did not happen. Pretty simple.
By Prong 2020-08-21 08:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Or if we just read the evidence telling us what did and did not happen. Pretty simple.

Strange how a team of anti-Trump partisan lawyers, aided by an anti-Trump FBI staff (that even cheated we found out to aid the case) couldn't find enough evidence to be able to make the claim there definitively was Russian collusion, but you have that hidden knowledge they didn't, Mr. Schiff.

In case you forgot how our justice system works, the fact they couldn't completely rule something out is irrelevant to the matter, it only matters to partisan zealots. What they failed to do is prove something they attempted to prove...Trump's guilt...therefore, case closed, move on. The "public opinion" evidence is just that, opinion. Pretty simple.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-21 09:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how your completely ignoring the bipartisan Senate report and a nonpartisan IG report because they completely debunk your opinions.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-21 09:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how your completely ignoring the bipartisan Senate report and a nonpartisan IG report because they completely debunk your opinions.

And those prove Trump’s guilt how?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-08-21 09:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Here we go with the, "Russian collusion happened so so.....yeah, the investigation was legit!' nonsense again.

I think you're suffering from the aforementioned ODS, and I'm not talking about Obama.

The Trump/Russia collusion was neither proven nor disproven, so it really is a moot point. There is nothing to discuss about it. What should be focused on is the actual results of the Mueller report, which concluded that Russia did in fact interfere with the 2016 election. You might be okay with that because it worked in favor of your boy, but next time a foreign entity interferes it maybe in favor of the opposing side.

Best course of action is to do what is necessary to make sure it doesn't happen again, regardless of the side it favors.
By Viciouss 2020-08-21 09:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hey Rav, way to move the goalposts there. We aren't talking about Trump soliciting the Ukraine for dirt on Biden. We are talking about the Trump campaign working with the Russians to get dirt on Clinton.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-21 10:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hey Rav, way to move the goalposts there. We aren't talking about Trump soliciting the Ukraine for dirt on Biden. We are talking about the Trump campaign working with the Russians to get dirt on Clinton.

First you said I was “playing a card” and now I’m “moving a goalpost” for using the exact words that were in the posts being discussed? Do you, you know, actually read the words on the page before accusing me of crap?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-21 18:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ex-DHS official: Trump appeared to side with Team Russia

“He was playing for the other team, it felt like, a lot of the time,” said Miles Taylor.

Politico

I will remind you that Miles Taylor was a republican political appointee.
By volkom 2020-08-21 19:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Why did he quit working in govt to go work for google? Seems kinda sketch that google is allowing him a leave of absence to voice his political opinions

Quote:
Since Taylor joined the company, employees have expressed concern about him at all-hands meetings, where executives defended his hiring and downplayed his involvement in DHS policies. That came a few months after more than 1,000 Google employees signed a petition demanding that Google abandon bids or potential bids with U.S. Customs and Border Protection contract. A couple of months later, Democratic congressional leaders scolded Google CEO Sundar Pichai for hiring Taylor, whose team had supported Trump’s executive order to ban travel to the U.S. from Muslim countries and DHS’ family separation policies.

If TrumpTeamRussia agenda was a thing he actively witnessed while he was working in govt why didn't this stuff come to light sooner from him? Did he fear it would've been overshadowed by something else? He could've made a big announcement during the Mueller investigation. imo ~ he has a cushy job at google and he wants to keep it so he's trying w/e he can to do so.

or is he the schiff whistleblower that was never identified??
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-21 19:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There’s no need to remind us because we don’t care. Just throw him on top of the RINO pile with the others.
By Prong 2020-08-21 20:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

I think you're suffering from the aforementioned ODS, and I'm not talking about Obama.

The Trump/Russia collusion was neither proven nor disproven, so it really is a moot point. There is nothing to discuss about it. What should be focused on is the actual results of the Mueller report, which concluded that Russia did in fact interfere with the 2016 election. You might be okay with that because it worked in favor of your boy, but next time a foreign entity interferes it maybe in favor of the opposing side.

Best course of action is to do what is necessary to make sure it doesn't happen again, regardless of the side it favors.

You really don't understand the definition difference between interfere and attempt to interfere, do you?
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-21 20:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There’s no need to remind us because we don’t care. Just throw him on top of the RINO pile with the others.

Always funny that ex-employees are the ones who come out with this stuff. If it was true, they sure didn't seem to mind it while the White House was signing their check.

That's the problem with our current climate, the media is SO hard core anti-Trump as is the political establishment, they've already shown what they are capable of as far as lying and the media making it go way, you just can't believe anyone, anymore. Now, of course, people with political reasons to believe and those who won't for the same reason, this just shows that now more than ever, you really need some actual, tangible evidence...not just, "I recall a convo that went like this."

And before the wokies get their pants wadded, I mean both sides read into these things what they want. Both sides now need to come with some actual, hard evidence going forward if they are going to continue the finger pointing. The media has simply created a toxic environment of disinformation.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144