ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 142 143 144
By volkom 2020-07-02 17:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

so if a group makes merchandise that seems to resemble nazi iconography for a person and that said person isn't involved or isn't aware of it then we should still blame that person and accuse them of being or supporting white supremacy?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-07-02 17:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

we accuse everyone of racism now, duh.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 17:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a little more nuanced than that.

Like I said, one racist thing... oops.

20? You're a damn racist, it's not an oops.

... Or at the very least, you are the puppet of a racist group.
By Draylo 2020-07-02 17:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP shane dawson, the cancel culture cometh.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-02 18:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Especially now people see racism in everything whether it’s there or not. The direction of a friggin’ eagle head is irrelevant when it has appeared in both ways in official US government use.

I’m getting sick of these comparisons. The Nazis didn’t invent the eagle symbol, they didn’t invent the direction, and they shouldn’t get to claim both for all eternity just because people want to Godwin a president they don’t like.

I found an ancient Nazi symbol

And proof the Nazi's were around almost 3000 years ago

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-02 18:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

And here is the Nazi's secret fortress from which they planned world invasion in 800CE.

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-07-02 19:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It was an ancient tibetan symbol for peace, lol

didn’t stop ole’ goebbels!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-02 19:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
It was an ancient tibetan symbol for peace, lol

didn’t stop ole’ goebbels!

Now your just defending Nazi's you racist!

Cancel Mosin!!!!!!!!!
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-02 19:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Mosin is too lazy and too drunk to cancel.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 19:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean it's cute and some people are that dumb to be like yeah, that makes sense. but no. That's not how it works.

It's literally time.

You find a swastika before ~1900 and after ~1950 they're clearly different.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-02 20:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean it's cute and some people are that dumb to be like yeah, that makes sense. but no. That's not how it works.

It's literally time.

You find a swastika before ~1900 and after ~1950 they're clearly different.

I really hope you understand that Saevel was joking.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 20:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I considered it, but with you people, you're never not disingenuous so... you can never really tell.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-02 20:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, no, it was pretty obvious.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 20:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of things are "pretty obvious" that doesn't stop you from going "nuh uh".
By volkom 2020-07-02 21:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I considered it, but with you people, you're never not disingenuous so... you can never really tell.

thats racist pic
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-02 21:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of things are "pretty obvious" that doesn't stop you from going "nuh uh".

Like what?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-02 22:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

thats racist pic
You did it wrong.

[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
Server: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-07-03 10:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting here since I'm mysteriously banned from the covid thread and soon to be permabanned:

I'm absolutely disgusted at rooks' response to the hydroxychloroquine thread. He's fully outed himself as a filthy NPC thug who bans and silences anything he doesn't like during fits of emotional meltdown. Seriously embarrassing to see his childish response in that thread and then him lock it when he realizes that he's lost. There are a handful of bottom-feeder leftists that hang off of his nuts here, and he pretends to be moderate, but he's nothing more than another leftist megalomaniacal nutjob.

I think there are a lot more moderate forum members who are just scared or can't be bothered to speak out against the leftist mob, so I'm glad that a few have stepped in once others started getting banned for wrongthink.

*** you, rooks, you're garbage. Now ban me and show everyone what a pussy you are, then post some propaganda so that vic and eiryl can "like" your post and make smug one-liners.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-03 10:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Commodus said: »
Posting here since I'm mysteriously banned from the covid thread and soon to be permabanned:

I'm absolutely disgusted at rooks' response to the hydroxychloroquine thread. He's fully outed himself as a filthy NPC thug who bans and silences anything he doesn't like during fits of emotional meltdown. Seriously embarrassing to see his childish response in that thread and then him lock it when he realizes that he's lost. There are a handful of bottom-feeder leftists that hang off of his nuts here, and he pretends to be moderate, but he's nothing more than another leftist megalomaniacal nutjob.

I think there are a lot more moderate forum members who are just scared or can't be bothered to speak out against the leftist mob, so I'm glad that a few have stepped in once others started getting banned for wrongthink.

*** you, rooks, you're garbage. Now ban me and show everyone what a pussy you are, then post some propaganda so that vic and eiryl can "like" your post and make smug one-liners.

I didn't topic ban you. But go off, sure.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 10:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Disclaimer: I don't know if you can post here or not anymore.

Look, I had the same beef with Rooks too a long time ago. I can honestly say that my previous bannings were my fault. I do question some "rule breaking" that seems to be allowed here, or at the very least, shows some sort of double standard, but I know he didn't target me because of my opinion.

But honestly, I forget the most important thing: Rooks isn't omniscient. He can only see what he can see, and he can't police this website or this forum 100% of the time. He does get after Vic, Eiryl, and other "liberal" voices just as much as he does against "conservative" voices. It's like he has bad timing and it seems like "conservative" voices get hit harder.

But your post does not help matters any. If anything, it hurts your, and mine, and other's who feel the same thing, opinion on the matter.

Just remember, Rooks is a human being. Stop trying to make him into a robot.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-03 10:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what, *** it, let's take out some trash.

Let's be absolutely real for a minute here. I take a whole lot of abuse from people around here because they think this is a place they can do that, and I tend to ignore it or let it roll off, because it's not worth the hassle. But I realized, as I was fixing an actual bug in the site last night, that the reason I don't get more done around here is that every time I start into the mindset to work on things, I get pelted with stupid P+R ***. I've tried to be more visible in the hopes that calms things down, but all that ends up happening is people decide I'm on "the other side" and get shitty about it.

Wish granted. Go somewhere else and peddle your performative *** ***.

From another thread:

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
To be honest, quit while you can, because if you continue down this road, you will find yourself with a 3-year-long or greater section ban.

Take it from somebody who knows.....

Nah, I don't bother with section bans anymore. You got it because I knew you were fine outside of this, you just couldn't help getting into it with 01 and enough was enough. Hideka is also a productive and useful member of the community outside of here, so he's not getting nuked. But I am tired of the pointless *** in this section and I don't have a good answer. My being present doesn't help. My being absent makes it worse. No amount of moderation can fix what is a fundamentally broken proposition from the start.

I genuinely don't know where to go from here. People won't play by the rules no matter how strict or loose they are, and I'm tired of it corroding my desire to work on the problems with the site. My options are basically:

1) Resign, and wash my hands of this place entirely
2) Shut down P+R
3) Let people be as stupid as they want to be as long as it doesn't infect other parts of the site

I'm still pondering the options.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 10:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
I genuinely don't know where to go from here. People won't play by the rules no matter how strict or loose they are, and I'm tired of it corroding my desire to work on the problems with the site. My options are basically:

1) Resign, and wash my hands of this place entirely
2) Shut down P+R
3) Let people be as stupid as they want to be as long as it doesn't infect other parts of the site

I'm still pondering the options.
I propose a 4th option:

4) Have a specific moderator who only polices P&R threads.

Somebody who we can all agree is fair and consistent in keeping the peace. I vote either Chanti or Ravael imo. Those are the two most open-minded people on this section.

I know Kojo and Vyre doesn't police this section anymore. So, let somebody who actually gives a damn about this section try to keep it open.

And you don't even need to give them full moderator powers, just moderator powers only on P&R.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-03 10:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I propose a 4th option:

4) Have a specific moderator who only polices P&R threads.

Somebody who we can all agree is fair and consistent in keeping the peace. I vote either Chanti or Ravael imo. Those are the two most open-minded people on this section.

I know Kojo and Vyre doesn't police this section anymore. So, let somebody who actually gives a damn about this section try to keep it open.

And you don't even need to give them full moderator powers, just moderator powers only on P&R.

It doesn't matter who I would pick (and good God who would even want that job). There is no way to avoid the tribalism. Even people who focus on specific issues and policy based alignment (Saevel springs to mind, people were shocked when he was speaking against the overarching police complex, despite the fact that distrust of state power is fundamentally a conservative position) get lumped in with one or the other. It is unavoidable. The best case scenario is that whoever it was would enjoy a brief honeymoon period before it all went back to ***and then it'd just ruin someone else's forum experience.

I've maintained for a while now that I am not writing another line of P+R specific code. This policy falls flat for the reasons I listed above anyway.
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-07-03 10:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i vote 3!
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-07-03 10:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be a nonpartial moderator for PnR since I have the political understanding of a 5yo making it impossible to be bias :D
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 10:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The best case scenario is that whoever it was would enjoy a brief honeymoon period before it all wen back to ***and then it'd just ruin someone else's forum experience.
Well, if you do double duty and not only give the new "mod" powers over only P&R, but also bring back the old rules from Random P&R, it might actually reign in some people.

I know of a few people who are playing fast and loose with these new "relaxed" rules. Kill the "relaxed" part and have somebody else actually ban people (you would still be appeals officer), and people will get their acts together and actively stop harassing/attacking each other. I see a lot of that, I just wish they would attack the opinion, not the person in question.

I've maintained for a while now that I am not writing another line of P+R specific code. This policy falls flat for the reasons I listed above anyway.
No need to actually write code. Just tell the new "mod" that they can't use their powers outside of P&R. If they abuse their powers, well, it was a fun experiment.

You might be surprised that that specific "mod" might actually stick to the P&R section.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 10:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
I could be a nonpartial moderator for PnR since I have the political understanding of a 5yo making it impossible to be bias :D
You would be the most danger actually.

You would be like an IRS agent who doesn't know the tax law. Which, frankly, is 95% of them....
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-07-03 11:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
You would be the most danger actually.

You would be like an IRS agent who doesn't know the tax law. Which, frankly, is 95% of them....
People have always come to me with their peacekeeping related issues (and I have no idea why), but it has never been a burden to me. I think we need someone like that, that enjoys being the peacekeeping diplomat, and at the same time, disconnected from the topic enough to remain a dispassionate banhammer when needed.

Vote for me! Here is a list of my campaign promises:
By Viciouss 2020-07-03 11:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. It sucks that once again P&R is draining Rooks' motivation to work on the website. How to clean this section up? One change that was made that I would "undo" is the elimination of RP&R threads, I actually spoke out right when this happened, I didn't think it was a good idea to allow us to make our own threads, and with this Trump thread being the one exception, I believe I was correct.

This doesn't require any actual work from Rooks. Just create one thread and throw us all in there. Because we have shown we don't create our own "good" threads. Case in point look at today. Hideka created another covid thread for no reason. The active covid thread had just been used less than 24 hours ago. Just post in there.

For now though, I would say to Rooks: take no actions. This Trump thread and the covid thread are fine. Limit us to the two threads and we should be ok. If any other thread gets created by a new member, we should collectively decide what to do. And none of the active posters should create threads. I'm not going to address individual posters and their behavior, though I do wish Eiryl would dial down the eugenics stuff which always seems to come up out of nowhere.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 11:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
If any other thread gets created by a new member, we should collectively decide what to do. And none of the active posters should create threads.
I don't agree with this.

I think we should still make threads if we want to, just not threads that pertain another broad topic (aka a specific COVID-19 thread when we have a broad one already).

But there's still a lot of topics that don't pertain to the broad threads, such as the dismantlement of CHOP/CHAZ, the current fight on appropriations bill going on in Congress, or even racism in society. None of those topics would fit in either Trump or COVID threads.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 142 143 144