Happy Thanksbanning!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Happy Thanksbanning!
Happy Thanksbanning!
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21
 Asura.Seizan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2019-11-29 14:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
A pro wouldnt be a pro if he would get sentimental over anything.

Neither with items neither with chars

Ugh his life must suck;;
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 15:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean if you get sentimental over pixels your life must suck, so, there's that.

Pretty *** stupid thing to get sentimental about. It's all temporary, you can't keep it when they shut the game down, gonna cry?
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-11-29 15:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sentiment is the primary reason most people still play this game.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 15:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
Sentiment Addiction is the primary reason most people still play this game.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oyama
Server: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2019-11-29 15:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You've simply lost sight of the fact that this is a game that people play to enjoy their time. The fact that it's a source of income to you is immaterial to those of us who still enjoy organized endgame events with people we can have conversations with while playing, which you have not done for a very long time and are not interested in doing. I honestly don't know why you post so much here with players of this game about mechanics and job balance and updates and bans when you clearly do not play this game any more, and do not want to.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2019-11-29 15:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean if you get sentimental over pixels your life must suck, so, there's that.

Pretty *** stupid thing to get sentimental about. It's all temporary, you can't keep it when they shut the game down, gonna cry?
welcome to basic human behavior; humans with healthy emotional range tend to get attached to things they spend a lot of time with.

Brains and emotions don't care if you personally devalue pixels or have a bias towards exhibiting judgmental behavior. All of existence is temporary along that line of thought, regardless of your elementary-school-sentiment.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-29 15:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

fascinating, so they are saying one person made 400 Pulse Cells and kept every single one, not compromising the economy or getting rich off others? gonna call *** on that last half.....
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 15:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
fascinating, so they are saying one person made 400 Pulse Cells and kept every single one, not compromising the economy or getting rich off others? gonna call *** on that last half.....

I mean, they posted here, and the mule was there for all of 10 minutes. The more (less?) surprising part is that they didn't find anyone else who did it.
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-29 15:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

I mean, they posted here, and the mule was there for all of 10 minutes. The more (less?) surprising part is that they didn't find anyone else who did it.

well, that's my point though. I find it difficult to believe that the only instance happened this one time.
[+]
By spengler 2019-11-29 15:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

well, that's my point though. I find it difficult to believe that the only instance happened this one time.

had to meet certain conditions for this to be realized which are normally only realized during the VW campaign. it also just isn't a great exploit as far as most RMT are concerned. you can make enough supply to meet demand without needing to do this, especially since the items don't exactly have high demand to begin with.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2019-11-29 15:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
The accidentally broken VW lua would pull the cell 100% of the time, or only sometimes?

only under specific conditions
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-29 15:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not surprised there weren't more.
From what I read before, didn't the exploit appear because of the recent fix to medal duping?
Iryoku said: »
We believe this flaw was initially benign, but became exploitable following the emergency maintenance on November 13th, 2019; however, we cannot be certain of this.
Fix one thing break another.
The exploit was discovered and brought to light by someone.
SE bans said person (great job incentivizing players to keep their mouths shut).
By spengler 2019-11-29 16:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

no, the exploit has been present since the ability to make things a cell was added.

conditions needed to be met and it wasn't an overwhelmingly good exploit.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2019-11-29 16:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
From what I read before, didn't the exploit appear because of the recent fix to medal duping?
We believe this flaw was initially benign, but became exploitable following the emergency maintenance on November 13th, 2019; however, we cannot be certain of this.
SE bans said person (great job incentivizing players to keep their mouths shut).

That was an assumption that was made, but it turned out to be wrong.

also the person who made the 400 cell, did not report the bug( or at least didnt say they did). they did state they only made 400 cell to show all the people in the thread that it was a "big deal", as a lot of people were shrugging it off.
Quote:
I did this because this was getting down played on the scope it could be done and even lost the front page rather fast. I talked with people last night and people have a ton of these stockpiled.
Posted Here
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2019-11-29 16:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »

For example, I would have happily reported this voidwatch one years ago if I could get a r/ex lv1 bugfinder crown, maybe with a signature for how many bugs i've found, and not get banned. I would not sacrifice an account over something this irrelevant.

Well, unless Comeatmebro was talking out his *** this wasn't a new thing. Apparently he's known about it for a year.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-29 16:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

After seeing 400 cells, I figured either you can pull one every fight regardless of if the weapon appeared, when the weapon does appear you can keep pulling it endlessly, or pull cells endlessly regardless of what the chest contains.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 16:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You could pull any item, regardless of if it was the weapon, as the mob's cell. This could only be done if the mob had given out at least one legitimate cell since the last maintenance. So, a few cells per char per fight.

And spengler is likely correct that it's been doable since cells were added to VW. I found it on pil around adoulin launch, so I can't verify an exact date, but no reason to believe otherwise.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2019-11-29 16:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
The accidentally broken VW lua would pull the cell 100% of the time, or only sometimes?

only under specific conditions
That's what I thought, in which case wouldn't 400 have taken a long time to get?

additional to the condition throny mentioned, if you were using the flawed vw.lua, you need to have a large number of items on the "important_items" table. this table appeared to be added as a sort of white list, but the coding was done incorrectly and rather then claiming the white listed item you would convert it to a pulse cell.

and that is the danger of using uncontrolled code.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 17:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr if you were intentionally trying to pull cells then to get 400 would take at least 400 kills? Or would it take more? Assuming 1 char because I doubt they used more than one to make the point and get even more banned.

You could take one cell per drop in pool, so if you were using cobalt cells 4-5 a kill is probably normal. Still 80-100 kills.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2019-11-29 17:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slyshenx said: »

For example, I would have happily reported this voidwatch one years ago if I could get a r/ex lv1 bugfinder crown, maybe with a signature for how many bugs i've found, and not get banned. I would not sacrifice an account over something this irrelevant.

Well, unless Comeatmebro was talking out his *** this wasn't a new thing. Apparently he's known about it for a year.

you know thorny is comeatmebro, right?
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2019-11-29 17:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Um.. doesn't everyone? It's not like he's trying to hide it. It's still linked to his username. I was replying to Chimerawizard as well, not sure why you removed his writing from the quotes when you quoted them. Made it seem like I was talking to someone else.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 17:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I just changed it to consolidate names. No attempt to hide who I am or anything, but more people call me Thorny than anything else and in retrospect the name Comeatmebro was pretty immature and lame.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2019-11-29 17:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Um.. doesn't everyone? It's not like he's trying to hide it. It's still linked to his username. I was replying to Chimerawizard as well, not sure why you removed his writing from the quotes when you quoted them. Made it seem like I was talking to someone else.

To remove clutter. It looked like you were replying to him. My bad.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-01 11:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

All my suspensions lifted, sorry about your sandy vaginas.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-12-01 11:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My vagina is bastokian but ok.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-01 11:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
All my suspensions lifted, sorry about your sandy vaginas.

Just say something offensive about Japan in yell probably get a permanent ban.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21