Happy Thanksbanning!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Happy Thanksbanning!
Happy Thanksbanning!
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 21
By Draylo 2019-11-29 04:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There is the warning! This one was against buying from exploiters.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-11-29 04:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
There is the warning! This one was against buying from exploiters.

I've been telling people for years that if they know someone who is blatantly botting, or duping, to stay the hell away from them. I can seriously see SE banning 'by association' next.
[+]
By Itsybitsyspider 2019-11-29 05:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-11-29 06:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So what do they think we are going to do a *** background check on every person we buy from? How the hell do I know if you botted that ***?

Some are obvious like the guy with 400 pulse cells but what if someone has a stack of medals? It's not unheard of, especially with event to get a stack in a couple weeks over multiple characters.

"I would like to purchase from your bazaar so if you could fill out this form that would be great"
[+]
By Itsybitsyspider 2019-11-29 06:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
So what do they think we are going to do a *** background check on every person we buy from? How the hell do I know if you botted that ***?

Some are obvious like the guy with 400 pulse cells but what if someone has a stack of medals? It's not unheard of, especially with event to get a stack in a couple weeks over multiple characters.

"I would like to purchase from your bazaar so if you could fill out this form that would be great"

Calm down Mr. Paranoid, that's not what they meant. They said knowingly. There is plenty of ways that can be figured out which is what they do when this happens. I can't say I've ever seen someone 'innocent' get hit by one of these ban waves. The only people that scream they were 'innocent' are people to chicken **** to fess up to the fact that they knew damn well what was going on. Yes, in a sense they will be doing 'background checks' on anyone and everyone that interacts with someone suspicious but it's not that blind of a swing when they do the bans.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-29 07:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Itsybitsyspider said: »

Thats true if they do that on their mains ffxiah account

...lemme change my char to a fake...
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-29 07:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say I've ever seen someone 'innocent' get hit by one of these ban waves. The only people that scream they were 'innocent' are people to chicken **** to fess up to the fact that they knew damn well what was going on.

We call that circular reasoning. By your own logic you can never be wrong and must always be right.
[+]
 Cerberus.Genoside
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Genoside 2019-11-29 07:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheaters gonna cheat.
By Shichishito 2019-11-29 07:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Regarding an Exploit for Repeatedly Obtaining Pulse Cells

Good day, adventurers. This is the Special Task Force.

We have confirmed another exploit using an external program on top of the one we announced a couple weeks ago. This post is to inform you of the measures we have taken to address it and the punishment disseminated to the culpable parties.

On November 20, we discovered that one individual character had improperly obtained approximately 400 pulse cells: Ep. We terminated that individual’s account on the same day and confirmed that none of those pulse cells: Ep had found their way to other characters.

As this particular exploit was limited to pulse cells, we investigated pulse cell acquisition by all characters across all worlds. As of the writing of this post, we have not discovered any other instances of players receiving a large amount of pulse cells, but are continuing to focus on exploits that enable players to improperly obtain items. Should we discover any similar activity, we will take appropriate action as needed.

This particular exploit targeted a system vulnerability unique to Voidwatch that could not be replicated by any means other than the malicious use of external programs. We implemented a fix for this vulnerability with the emergency maintenance on November 22 and have confirmed that the exploit no longer works.

We hereby apologize to those who were unable to access Voidwatch in the interim and to all players for the string of emergency maintenances.

Additionally, we would like to again warn players against the use of external programs, as we will continue to severely punish those who engage in exploits in FINAL FANTASY XI.

As a final word of warning, severe punishments are not limited to those who take advantage of said exploits, but also encompass those who knowingly benefit from such malicious acts. Do not engage with anyone who has been using exploits to gain an unfair advantage over others.

Report any suspicious activity or RMT-related acts here.
evreyone: 3+ years of mass botting
SE:
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 09:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

There is plenty of ways that can be figured out which is what they do when this happens

half the ones who bought from me asked me if they could get banned for doing so, i said there's a significant chance, and then they bought them anyway

people seem to think because enforcement is so sporadic that you can do anything you want, but the truth is if you are playing for yourself and using everything that comes across your browser you will eventually get banned and be starting over.. it makes no sense to use all those cheats just to lose your character

obviously rmt care a bit less about being banned, though

Post deleted by User.
By spengler 2019-11-29 09:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

People normally don't get banned for buying Gil unless you buy an exorbitant amount of liquid Gil, talking like 900+m at a time.

I'm guessing the guy you claimed bought Gil got banned for something else or you're lying
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 09:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
How about the people who buy gil from you? Do you make them aware they can be banned for buying gil? Do SE even ban for that anymore?

I remember a guy buying an Aegis account back on Hades and then he bought gil and he got banned for buying the gil hahaha

spengler said: »
People normally don't get banned for buying Gil unless you buy an exorbitant amount of liquid Gil, talking like 900+m at a time.

I'm guessing the guy you claimed bought Gil got banned for something else or you're lying

spen is correct, SE does not care in the least about gil buyers and never has, you may get banned for buying too much at once if SE confuses you for being a RMT mule due to the volume

i have never gotten a buyer banned

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 10:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more of a problem of no such thing as a real punishment, than not seeing the risk.

I mean ***, I can start a brand new account right now, and have everything I had back in a couple days max. I have literal unlimited gil.

Absolutely zero consequences, other than an lolname. Yeah redoing missions blows, minor inconvenience.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 10:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
and have everything I had back in a couple days
if this is legitimately true, you did not have much.. an endgame player is talking months to replace their main, minimum, even with unlimited gil and a head for grinding
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 10:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What takes more than a day maximum to get other than a new ergon. (random horseshit augments from DM)

AF+3 I never did omen. lolomen bodes. Relic+3 I never did failnamis. Nothing else has a timegate.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 10:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

empyreans are 2 days of *** nms each
mythics are 3-4 days each
mission lines are a week
malignance set is a few days to a week
aeonics are 1-2 days each depending how you get beads
dyna lockouts are 10 days per job you want the gear on
omen lockout is like 2.5 months per job you want cards for if you don't catch campaign
as you said, ergon is 6 months and both are pretty nifty

it goes on
By spengler 2019-11-29 10:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you have missions, limit breaks etc all automated then you are basically working a full time job replacing characters for less than min wage if the auto banner is in fact turned back on.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-29 10:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had an adoulin ring +1 you are looking at like ~7 months to earn it again.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 10:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

in regards to your edit, most players who are serious will have or want AF+3 or dyna gear.. so you choosing not to get any of it doesn't really make bans less serious to someone who does care about their characters.. vast amounts of it are best in slot, and many are by a notable amount
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 10:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
empyreans are 2 days of *** nms each
mythics are 3-4 days each
mission lines are a week
malignance set is a few days to a week
aeonics are 1-2 days each depending how you get beads
dyna lockouts are 10 days per job you want the gear on
omen lockout is like 2.5 months per job you want cards for if you don't catch campaign
as you said, ergon is 6 months and both are pretty nifty

it goes on

I don't need any of that ***on a bot lol,
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 10:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

nobody was talking about just you.. it's a serious consequence for anyone who isn't a rmt.. i even said endgame player in my post
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 10:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

and even on a "main" none of it is a significant barrier enough to be a punishment.

Couple days at most, call it a month for arguments sake other than ergon.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 10:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

can you even read/follow? one set of omen gear is 2.5 months, and many people have 5+ jobs.. it's not a month by any standards, if you want a char comparable to the one you built up it's probably at least 6 months even without looking at ergon.. and if you want EVERYTHING you had back that's measured in years for most people at this point just due to omen cards

again, you personally deeming gear to be worthless doesn't mean most players won't want it..
[+]
By spengler 2019-11-29 10:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
and even on a "main" none of it is a significant barrier enough to be a punishment.

Couple days at most, call it a month for arguments sake other than ergon.

Unless you have missions, limit breaks etc all automated then you are basically working a full time job replacing characters for less than min wage if the auto banner is in fact turned back on. I also highly doubt you spin up new characters for sparks farming in 2 days. it's definitely doable but you don't seem the type.

you will be replacing characters every two weeks if you're botting 24/7 and the auto banner is turned back on.
By Josiahafk 2019-11-29 10:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It would likely take anyone a week to do all the various mission lines for the CP+, assuming like 12 hour shifts through all the expansions and cheating your way to new home points, since many “wait a day” still exist.
By fonewear 2019-11-29 10:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of banning people. They should put the STF to work on new content !

As said above. You ban someone they can come right back and cheat. So it has little to no effect on cheating.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-11-29 10:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
it's a serious consequence for anyone who isn't a rmt..
you don't have to bot on your main, ppl only did it cause there haven't been any bans dealt in ages.
3 years with bots is more than enough time to get everything you ever wanted, get tired of the game and quit way befor the ban is coming.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 21