Game: FFXI
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-08-19 14:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Botosi said: »
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Get 2-3 pups + your cor + leach on whm

You can beat VD that way easily.

6th slot you can sell or get another pup or a rdm to land silence. This is one of the easiest ambu months

All your cor has to do is companions and beast roll. You don’t even need regal neck. The batataria ring or whatever that adds +5 phantom roll that comes from AH for 100k is good enough.

Ok sweet idea. Can hopefully find some Pups on asura later tonight ;)

Can also do MNK, BRD, RDM, SMN mew, your COR and WHM. You just do chaos/mnk or sam roll and chill, and your whm throws a regen iv and maybe a cure. Different setups work well this month.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-19 18:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually haven't even seen many ambuscade shouts recently. I'm sure there would be people willing to get some points on mules etc if they aren't burned out from Omen/cp
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-19 18:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouts every day! But the mercs sucked this month dry already lol.

For a mil/two a run I'd be doing these all day every day if I weren't so lazy. It's literally free money just for afking in the party.

Pay 2m on a level 1 account, gain 5m, repeat ad-infinitum. Man if you were motivated, you could put five(ish) thousand HMP on the market in one day. for 30 days. This month is a *** endless goldmine. You could in theory make a new account, get and use the seal(s)x3, make 10m, delete and make a new one, forever.

(I'm up to two million hallmarks on my accounts)((and the queue has been awesome the whole time. you're welcome))
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-08-19 23:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd be surprised how many people have no idea lvl 1s can enter.
By SimonSes 2019-08-20 02:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

For a mil/two a run I'd be doing these all day every day if I weren't so lazy. It's literally free money just for afking in the party.

Pay 2m on a level 1 account, gain 5m, repeat ad-infinitum. Man if you were motivated, you could put five(ish) thousand HMP on the market in one day. for 30 days. This month is a *** endless goldmine. You could in theory make a new account, get and use the seal(s)x3, make 10m, delete and make a new one, forever.

(I'm up to two million hallmarks on my accounts)((and the queue has been awesome the whole time. you're welcome))

What would be the fastest access to some poroggo for key items tho? Mamook? that would still require some time to get access there and to Mhaura on fresh mule?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-20 02:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The fastest? Literally anywhere if you're willing to clip there. lol.
and/or use the home points add-on.

"easiest fastest" would be https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Flume_Toad

"without cheating" Rala, but it'll cost you a mil and like a 5 minute cutscene.
By SimonSes 2019-08-20 02:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The fastest? Literally anywhere if you're willing to clip there. lol.
and/or use the home points add-on.

Oh, excuse me that I didnt think of using hacks (I wouldnt consider home point add-on a hack, when you can actually teleport there normal way). So obvious :rolleyes:
By Pantafernando 2019-08-20 03:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What strat are you going for that (for the fight)?
By SimonSes 2019-08-20 04:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

What strat are you going for that (for the fight)?

I think he meant to buy merc runs for 2M to get 5M from points, not actually doing the fight himself. There was plenty of setups that can be used for doing this fight with 3-5 ppl and afford some leechers. MNK or SAM multistep with or without MEW is probably the fastest method not relying on SPs. PUP Overdrive with or without COR is probably the most efficient method to take as much leechers as possible.
 Odin.Botosi
Server: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2019-08-20 08:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely the best route. Paid 15mil for 10 runs (5 on each character) and ended up making 20mil and finishing a bunch of capes and a couple of +2 items. Worked out quite well.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-20 08:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

did anyone try if cesspool lands and weather or not its enough to prevent quenching hammer coupled with reaving wind?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [745 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-03 07:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Awe ***. It's hammer time. Froggyboi for September.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-09-03 08:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to resub i guess

Best update ever
By Pantafernando 2021-09-03 08:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ibf4 now frog starts with 10 adds, 5 halos and if you deal more than 100, it will one hit KO everyone
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-09-03 10:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

... is that puppetmaster's music I hear?
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-09-03 10:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I want them to Chainspell Meteor if a pet is out.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-09-03 10:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Chainspell death as a tribute to Angra Manyu
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-09-03 11:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

damn, it's been so long that i forgot all those INCORRECT MNK haters existed
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-03 12:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »

5 PUP 1 COR can practically do this half-asleep in a PUG. Even less PUPs needed if you Overdrive (think I duo'd it with a really good one). I had fun pulling out PUP for this ambu with randoms.

MNK + Mew was a solid setup, THF subbing SAM for SA/TA+WS (Despoil) to add a little dps, COR can Tact and RD to reset Despoil timer (and we have Gleti's Regain now). Think we did MNK SMN THF THF BRD COR last time for quick wins.

Very easy month for everybody. Not quite as fun as Le'Frod Vanilla, but still easy.
By SimonSes 2021-09-03 13:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »

5 PUP 1 COR can practically do this half-asleep in a PUG. Even less PUPs needed if you Overdrive (think I duo'd it with a really good one). I had fun pulling out PUP for this ambu with randoms.

MNK + Mew was a solid setup, THF subbing SAM for SA/TA+WS (Despoil) to add a little dps, COR can Tact and RD to reset Despoil timer (and we have Gleti's Regain now). Think we did MNK SMN THF THF BRD COR last time for quick wins.

Very easy month for everybody. Not quite as fun as Le'Frod Vanilla, but still easy.

With COR buffs, it was doable by solo PUP with Overdrive. Someone have even done that solo with /cor even I think.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-03 13:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Was talking about PUG quality clears
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-03 13:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

it's always an important distinction to make.

1 exceptionally geared pup, 2 su4/mediocre, 3 ormahzad/ohtah taliah, 5 naked trashcans (aka; average asurans)

There's levels.

Honestly though, you can probably throw 5 R0 sakpata wars with a whm and win VD this time. Lots of viable options, only differentiator is the speed.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-09-03 14:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
With COR buffs, it was doable by solo PUP with Overdrive. Someone have even done that solo with /cor even I think.

Yup, I was doing VD solo PUP/COR even before having Su5 weapon, which was tense but certainly possible with good gear. I'd bring along friends with COR or other PUPs (whose puppets seemed to inevitably die) when they were around.

Absolutely thrilled to see my froggy friend return, especially now that I have a roll +7 COR mule and Xiucoatl ;)
By Pantafernando 2021-09-03 16:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to conduit burn it with 3 if possible.

But i feel like they could pretty much nerf it, like they nerfed the gravity strat once, now can nerf the burn other
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-09-03 16:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt Conduit already nerfed in Ambu?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-03 16:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Nope
By Mrgrim 2021-09-03 16:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

AFAIK its nerfed on latest additions they've added recently. Older fights like frog you can still conduit.

Oh yeah I remember this fight, time to mnk it out and rake in some free gil. I'm sure it'll die faster since last frog ambu was pre h2h/ws buff.
By Ruaumoko 2021-09-03 17:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah with Shijin/Penance a MNK will deck the Frog before it can ever WS.
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-09-03 18:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Awee yeah sweetness, Ambuscade is kicking *** these 2 months! I've been grinding the crap out of the Avatar Ambu since Normal is actually solo-able for once. Frog Ambu was only other one I could solo on Normal lol. xD I think by end of the Frog one I'll be done getting all my capes, +2 armors and Ambu weapons finished. Been hording several pulse weapons for awhile on those. >.>
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16