Frog Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 14 15 16
 Asura.Jokes
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2021-09-10 03:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this new Thunderspark move is almost 40 yalm AoE 4K+ damage. that's gone and *** it up for all the mercs!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-10 04:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »
Well this new Thunderspark move is almost 40 yalm AoE 4K+ damage. that's gone and *** it up for all the mercs!

It's not new and you just don't know how it works. Don't be stupid. Shitposters.
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2021-09-10 04:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Woah. Angry
 Siren.Vanian
Server: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2021-09-10 04:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Any tips for soloing this as someone who has not long returned? VE I just went in on War with a whm trust and 4 DD trusts and savage blade spammed it to death. Easy kicked my *** not having any buffs
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2021-09-10 05:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing SE forgot to change the name of the move from last month, and it was in fact Quenching Hammer hitting us - but the move was called Thunderspark.

Tried with 2 Pups and a Cor, and we had all done this ambu previously hense the confusion
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-09-10 05:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It is the exact same ambuscade as last time. PUP + COR works just fine just like last time. Need to stay 35 yalms away with PUP method. They forgot to change the name of the AoE move, so it is (at the time of this posting) called Thunderspark (from last month's Ramuh) instead of quenching hammer.
By ksoze 2021-09-10 06:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
It is the exact same ambuscade as last time. PUP + COR works just fine just like last time. Need to stay 35 yalms away with PUP method. They forgot to change the name of the AoE move, so it is (at the time of this posting) called Thunderspark (from last month's Ramuh) instead of quenching hammer.

Lol I saw that also.

Makes you wonder how structured they work.
Feels like a search and replace approach
 Siren.Vanian
Server: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2021-09-10 07:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

just been hit with a 1450 stunga that also procced a 3700 light skillchain, guessing they havent changed any of the move names
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-10 07:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like last time and the time before and the time before
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 08:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quenching Hammer should be 30' from the target. You can still safely put an automaton on it and stand just out of range, and run in occasionally for Repair.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-09-10 10:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe 31 is required - I was at 30.xx and got knocked out. I just went to 35 and have not had a problem since.
By Meeble 2021-09-10 10:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Maybe 31 is required - I was at 30.xx and got knocked out. I just went to 35 and have not had a problem since.

It's centered on the target, so you need to be 30+ from the puppet, not the frog.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Server: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2021-09-10 14:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Vanian said: »
Any tips for soloing this as someone who has not long returned? VE I just went in on War with a whm trust and 4 DD trusts and savage blade spammed it to death. Easy kicked my *** not having any buffs

go PUP
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 14:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably any pup (even completely new) can solo this on at least Normal if you OD. As mentioned, some have even done it completely solo. Just need the correct attachment set, bring RR, stay out of range, and sub COR (or summon COR trust) to guarantee he uses Quenching Hammer.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-10 14:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm diggin the VD mercs immediately jumping to 2m. No douchebaggery this time.

Anyone (on asura) trying to figure out how to pug some trashcan ambuscade just take the free money. Log all 15 mules in get that free loot.
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-09-10 14:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

No douchebaggery is bringing people who need help for free - only on Asura is charging 2m for slots that were likely going to be empty anyway considered good-natured!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Merritt95
By Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey 2021-09-10 14:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a lot of PUP and MNK strats, but I would just like to point out that Soul Ensalvement exists.

Last time this came around, we would just fully buff a DRK, soul enslavement, and Torcleaver til it fell over. Obviously Geomancy has issues on this one, so you'll want to use party targeted buffs such as Geo-STR or VIT rather than Geo-Frail. If memory serves, typical BRD songs of HM, VM, Mad Min IV, Min V. Last song is really a toss up, you're probably attack capped so Etude may be the way to go. COR does SAM/CHAOS. Can be ultra safe and use a SMN to pop PD, maybe some tp bonus/attack/double attack buffs but all of that is completely optional.

Timing has to be precise, you can't let it gain TP or you're dead. May sound menacing, but I was able to do it this way many times before I actually geared out a decent PUP.

EDIT: I use this strat now and it still works. VD down 30 seconds after engaging
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 14:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »

No douchebaggery is bringing people who need help for free - only on Asura is charging 2m for slots that were likely going to be empty anyway considered good-natured!

The money you make in return for such a low price *is* taking people along for "free". mercs practically paying you to come. Not sure what Gallantry is this month. 2m is doing buyers a favor (but get to 1m please).

And mercs wont bring empty slots on a new month because Gallantry exists. They would much sooner bring their alts and double up on points.
By aisukage 2021-09-10 16:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK method seems brainless even had a SMN with no SMN gear (Mew on 45 second recast, only needed 1 Mew) BRD with 2 songs (Victory + Madrigal), Rolling COR.

Easy to get people In. was rotating LS members around to get them some points. Even did it without a BRD and got a 2nd COR instead. Nice month for sure.
[+]
 Asura.Emba
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-09-10 16:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiple red mages using level 1 weapons (Odin strategy) works quite well for this month if you have it. Basically impossible to lose when done right.
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-09-10 17:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Reliable 6 man zerg on VD

Sam (masa r15, 68% wsd in sets)
Geo (Idris, indi frailty, geo fury, haste Sam)
Whm (auspice with empy feet +1)
Cor (+7 rolls, monks roll, crooked sams roll)
Brd (HM, min 5, min 4, madrigal)

No SPs. Sam maxes subtle blow. Pull on Sam, monk will chi blast having relic head and 5/5 penance merits. Sam goes to town with 4 step. Kills in 2 sc rounds np as long as Fudo isn’t fudo and decides to whiff. Pretty reliable strat. Have fun.

Some notes: can use a smn instead of mini but that’s too much multi boxing for me. Tried RDM but was pretty hard to land silence. Can maybe Haste II outside. Good luck on a fun Lilith frog month!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-10 17:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's. Immune. To Frailty.

Other than that, yeah, of course it works.

"as long as fudo doesn't miss" not super reliable, relying on the most whiffed ws in the entire game....
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-09-10 17:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also have someone go /smn to mewing but your pet will die on first AoE nuke so can work on staying out of range and resetting tp at an opportune time
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-09-10 17:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay thanks for the info, Fudo was doing max 3k tp damage so can probably swap to something defensive or just indi str
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-09-10 17:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's. Immune. To Frailty.

Other than that, yeah, of course it works.

"as long as fudo doesn't miss" not super reliable, relying on the most whiffed ws in the entire game....

Yeah somehow that 5% whiff chance disproportionately occurs at the worst times…
By Bazing 2021-09-10 18:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »

No SPs. Sam maxes subtle blow. Pull on Sam, monk will chi blast having relic head and 5/5 penance merits. Sam goes to town with 4 step. Kills in 2 sc rounds np as long as Fudo isn’t fudo and decides to whiff. Pretty reliable strat. Have fun.

Some notes: can use a smn instead of mini but that’s too much multi boxing for me. Tried RDM but was pretty hard to land silence. Can maybe Haste II outside. Good luck on a fun Lilith frog month!
Kill in 2 SC rounds with all that? MNK COR BRD SMN (RDM is nice for Frazzle/Distract/Silence/Dia) + w/e melt its in a minute. One multistep SC on MNK and its dead. Seeing as a naked SMN is fine for mewing, just bring any SMN with kitty.
Yes PUP strat also works, yes RDM enspell strat also works, yes your SAM strat could also work (if you dont whiff).
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-09-10 18:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bazing said: »
Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »

Kill in 2 SC rounds with all that? MNK COR BRD SMN (RDM is nice for Frazzle/Distract/Silence/Dia) + w/e melt its in a minute. One multistep SC on MNK and its dead. Seeing as a naked SMN is fine for mewing, just bring any SMN with kitty.
Yes PUP strat also works, yes RDM enspell strat also works, yes your SAM strat could also work (if you dont whiff).

Not sure what to tell ya on 2 rounds. WS sets don’t get much better. Small sample size so probably bad luck idk
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-09-10 18:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just manually updated the Windower resource file, so if you relaunch and are a battlemod user you'll see the correct move names. Otherwise it normally takes SE 2-3 days to fix the actual dat file.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-09-10 19:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried using a BST w/ the Leech pet (Fatso) and using TP Drainkiss?
By Bazing 2021-09-10 20:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Has anyone tried using a BST w/ the Leech pet (Fatso) and using TP Drainkiss?

Could work but since Leech is lv 81 and the frog spams aga spells, you'd need to be in full Pet DMT constantly. And the longer timer on TP Drainkiss, compared to mewing having shorter recast & needing no gear, makes it pretty meh probably. Not saying it wouldn't work but it's alot easier to find a naked lv 99 SMN than a BST with Pet DMT (atleast on Asura).
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 14 15 16