Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-06 01:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Frog; IT. IS. IMMUNE. TO. GEOMANCY.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51619/ambuscade-vol1-november-2017/

Quenching Hammer owns your life. Pets or Erinys style THF.

I would update the OP, but, tbh, the whole strat is covered in that one sentence. That really is it. If you buff, you die. So, the result is pup, conduit, or gravity SaRudra with some tp stealin'
By Pantafernando 2019-08-06 02:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Good month to resub

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-06 03:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
So either SMN burn or use Mewing & DNC or THF to WS it to death?

Those are the optimal/preferred setups, yeah.
By Undula 2019-08-06 06:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SE messed up, no Ambu NPC/book in Mhaura...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-08-06 07:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

any strats for D or N that don't involve smn for this one? Or is my group sitting out another month
By Isszo 2019-08-06 07:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Only one summoner required to burn this frog down.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-08-06 07:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What damage type works best? Will Leaden Salute work or it
will hard resist it?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-06 08:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
any strats for D or N that don't involve smn for this one? Or is my group sitting out another month

If you use absolutely minimum buffs. Like Indi-Haste and Haste2 Quenching Hammer won't destroy your whole party. It's pretty slow though. But totally reasonable.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-06 08:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP Overdrive party should be even better than it was during frog part deuce, given the changes to attachments. You don't actually need OD, just 3-4 halfway decent PUPs, a Corsair, and maybe a DRG for Angon or DNC for stacked steps. We were able to do VD last time this method, but it takes a little longer. OD makes it significantly faster.

There's probably a good strategy that involves 1-2 Monk and 1-2 SMNs using Mew and Chi Blast rotations with a good multi-step in there. Should be able to reset his TP before he ever has a chance to use hammer (unless he has a regain effect). Maybe add RDM in the mix to cripple him so you can skip the tank part.

I don't recall anyone actually trying it the non-buff/providence (adds spawn) method, but maybe a supertank could handle that and bring some DRG/SAM/WAR/DNC/THF for debuffs. Might be a messy strat, but it's worth trying if you have a good tank/healer.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2019-08-06 08:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Best place to kill for KIs? Im assuming Mamook, but not sure if better somewhere else.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-06 08:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Marjami #2 (best spot)
Foret de Henettiel (good pops)

Abyssea La-Theine
Abyssea Misareaux
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2019-08-06 08:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Abys-LaThine. Conflux 4 first for plantoid kill on shroom then Conflux 6 for Porg kill.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2019-08-06 08:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks much.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2019-08-06 08:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »

If you use absolutely minimum buffs. Like Indi-Haste and Haste2 Quenching Hammer won't destroy your whole party. It's pretty slow though. But totally reasonable.

There is a blurb on BG-Wiki's old ambu page about Quenching Hammer only being used if there is a PLD, RUN, DRK, or BLU in the party. Is there any truth to that?

If there is, couldn't a party like NIN, WAR, WAR, COR, BRD, WHM work? Or really just three WAR's in 50% DT sets. Handle CS by having WHM Sacro and just spamming Curaga 3-4 for the duration.

Just spitballing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-06 09:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not entirely true. When we did it last year, he would still use hammer in a full PUP setup. The trigger to hammer is if there is (I believe) a roll, song, or avatar's favor on any of the party members. It causes him to use Quenching Hammer over Providence, a MAB boost/full frog add spawn. If you do not have any of these on any member, it will use Providence instead (just as annoying to deal with and its basically a wipe). We had rolls on last time, but a robot can take a hit. With nothing more than 2 rolls, Quenching hammer will one-shot anybody, so you're not safe unless you're (1) not using support buffs or (2) mewing every few WS. You will die to quenching hammer.

On the link above, Oraen posted a really good strategy which involves 2 mews, done basically Erinys style (WS, mew, repeat). Likely better if you can get jobs like DNC/THF to stack some multi-steps, you should be fine. He's rather squishy overall.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2019-08-06 09:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That's not entirely true. When we did it last year, he would still use hammer in a full PUP setup. The trigger to hammer is if there is (I believe) a roll, song, or avatar's favor on any of the party members. It causes him to use Quenching Hammer over Providence, a MAB boost/full frog add spawn. If you do not have any of these on any member, it will use Providence instead (just as annoying to deal with and its basically a wipe). We had rolls on last time, but a robot can take a hit. With nothing more than 2 rolls, Quenching hammer will one-shot anybody, so you're not safe unless you're (1) not using support buffs or (2) mewing every few WS. You will die to quenching hammer.

On the link above, Oraen posted a really good strategy which involves 2 mews, done basically Erinys style (WS, mew, repeat). Likely better if you can get jobs like DNC/THF to stack some multi-steps, you should be fine. He's rather squishy overall.

I am so incredibly let down by yet another month of shitty ambuscade. Having to rely on SMN gimmicks is such bull-poppy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-06 09:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You could probably use Monks with some level of success. The low TP feed would do you well, just would take longer. I just mentioned above a strategy that does not involve a SMN if you use PUPs. And though I haven't even tried it, but you might be able to replicate something like this with BSTs. If you don't want to deal with hammer, just don't bring buffs and bring debuffing DD jobs. You'll have to deal with unsleepable adds, but it may still be less sucky than dealing with quenching hammer. Just can't rely on COR/BRD
By clearlyamule 2019-08-06 09:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP Overdrive party should be even better than it was during frog part deuce, given the changes to attachments. You don't actually need OD, just 3-4 halfway decent PUPs, a Corsair, and maybe a DRG for Angon or DNC for stacked steps. We were able to do VD last time this method, but it takes a little longer. OD makes it significantly faster.

There's probably a good strategy that involves 1-2 Monk and 1-2 SMNs using Mew and Chi Blast rotations with a good multi-step in there. Should be able to reset his TP before he ever has a chance to use hammer (unless he has a regain effect). Maybe add RDM in the mix to cripple him so you can skip the tank part.

I don't recall anyone actually trying it the non-buff/providence (adds spawn) method, but maybe a supertank could handle that and bring some DRG/SAM/WAR/DNC/THF for debuffs. Might be a messy strat, but it's worth trying if you have a good tank/healer.
Can confirm. Used to hammer every time. Never saw it use providence except in weird times when I got too close and tried wipe recovery. Used to tri box this all the time on VD using 2 pup and 1 cor. Was a little hairy without OD since autos would actually take damage then but not too bad. iirc though it did something weird and ranged autos weren't doing so well.
[+]
By hobo 2019-08-06 09:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i miss the first round, when we could just gravity it and win
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-08-06 09:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
i miss the first round, when we could just gravity it and win

Good times
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-08-06 10:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The last time this one was up, I think we were doing 2-3xPUP COR for VD with Overdrive? Our automatons have gained significant power since then, so I think you're right, this strat will be even easier now.

Ranged auto didn't work for this one, either. Wasn't it VE/VE that worked so well?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-06 10:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it was Valoredge head/frame with Bone Crusher spam. I'm sure the attachments spread may have changed slightly with the recent changes, but it was basically Steam Jacket, MJ4, AP4, OF1/2, and the rest DPS. Flash and Voke also for when your pets die to reclaim hate. The only dangerous part is running in to do repair, but you can easily watch your robots HP, and when it dips significantly, you know Hammer just went off. Can sub whm for Dia2 and reraise/raises and a vile elixir just in case. If doing the OD method with COR resets, probably won't take more than 3-4 minutes now.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2019-08-06 13:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news25694.shtml cool
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-08-06 13:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine my shock....
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-08-06 13:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

you'd think with ambu broken my damn alex shout would fill faster. But nope.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-06 13:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Dorps ain't good 'nough

Expect even less *** given than Cait Sith's HTB and that was already pretty terribad.
 Asura.Bratgurl
user: shantoto
By Asura.Bratgurl 2019-08-06 13:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

I am so incredibly let down by yet another month of shitty ambuscade. Having to rely on SMN gimmicks is such bull-poppy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPtRNVO6EBo&feature=youtu.be
[+]
 Asura.Bratgurl
user: shantoto
By Asura.Bratgurl 2019-08-06 13:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn not required at all.
First Page 2 ... 14 15 16