Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-08-16 11:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK RDM SMN and done.
By clearlyamule 2019-08-16 12:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
BPs don't feed TP, and with the occasional mew, it'll never get a chance to use Hammer. The only TP gain will be from his melee hits on the tank, which won't be much (THF can despoil a good chunk after a string of hits).
Also getting tp from Occult Acumen. Probably more than from melee hits but generally not too crazy except during chainspell or Kaustra or impact
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2019-08-16 22:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried tri-boxing this on D with Blu, Whm, and Cor using Plague and Reaving Wind, but could never land plague from Delta Thrust or Lowing. Reaving Wind landed every time and it should take 1250 tp off without AF1 head on. Best I could do on D was get it to 48% before it hammered me (silence wore to fast and Reaving Wind timer isn't very low), so I eventually just dropped to N and was able to clear it pretty easily, but no where near as fast as other people.

My plan was to make a multi-step sc and use 1hr or CA in the SC, but without Plague up and only 50% subtle blow, I was worried about feeding the NM too much tp before I could use Reaving Wind on it.
By Homsar 2019-08-17 00:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't seem to damage it very much on Normal on SAM. My 4 step barely does 20% in Ambu+1 gear and Masamune. SMN is even worse somehow. I feel so out of the loop, how do you people do any of this?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-17 01:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you really need an answer to that? You just said "in ambu+1 gear"

That's a few steps below average mate.
By Wotasu 2019-08-17 01:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Homsar said: »
I can't seem to damage it very much on Normal on SAM. My 4 step barely does 20% in Ambu+1 gear and Masamune. SMN is even worse somehow. I feel so out of the loop, how do you people do any of this?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Samurai_Guide#WS_Sets
By Homsar 2019-08-17 01:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's a few steps below average mate.

Guess I didn't realize that the mediocre gear that everyone in this thread talks about is everything I don't have access to. Tough month.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-17 01:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Mediocre is for pets.

BiS(ish) is for the DD trying to solo a mob with 400k hp.

As a party member, with 6 humans ambuscade+1 is more than acceptable for N. Not so much for soloing with trust and no buffs. Probably possible with some luck.
By Pantafernando 2019-08-17 03:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How is your SMN gear?
By Shichishito 2019-08-17 04:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kingofbastok said: »
I tried tri-boxing this on D with Blu, Whm, and Cor using Plague and Reaving Wind, but could never land plague from Delta Thrust or Lowing. Reaving Wind landed every time and it should take 1250 tp off without AF1 head on. Best I could do on D was get it to 48% before it hammered me (silence wore to fast and Reaving Wind timer isn't very low), so I eventually just dropped to N and was able to clear it pretty easily, but no where near as fast as other people.

My plan was to make a multi-step sc and use 1hr or CA in the SC, but without Plague up and only 50% subtle blow, I was worried about feeding the NM too much tp before I could use Reaving Wind on it.
did you try silent storm for silence? according to wiki it lasts up to 5 minutes.
blu also has feather tickle although i'm not sure if it reduces tp to 0 or just -100 tp, wiki is a bit unclear on that one.
cesspool also has a additional effect of plague but its apparently not tested how potent it is and its water based amorph spell so i not sure if it will land. worth i try?
maybe if you go BLU/BLM and use elemental seal for the silent storm to land silence and in case a cor is in pt another elemental seal to land cesspool could earn BLU a spot in a party this month?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-17 06:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I respect the initiative, but you're gonna need to take a step back sir. Intense ambuscade may be talked about casually in this thread, but it's not really designed for players without the requisite gear requirements. Ambuscade+1 gear alone isn't going to cut it (it's a start), but if you're really this behind on gear, you should honestly be doing this in a group of players so that you're earning triple gallantry bonus for party members during campaign. That's going to help you get better geared much quicker and you can help each other along in the process. I'd bet your masamune isn't afterglowed either, which makes your weapon significantly weaker than what other strategies describe. Also, buffs make a huge difference.
By Homsar 2019-08-17 13:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd bet your masamune isn't afterglowed either, which makes your weapon significantly weaker than what other strategies describe.

It is afterglowed, actually. I unfortunately play on a dead server at a time of day when it's mostly JP players who want people who have +3 everything so I never get group invites. Got my hopes up when I soloed Intense Normal once, but it was all luck unfortunately.
[+]
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-08-17 14:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd bet your masamune isn't afterglowed either, which makes your weapon significantly weaker than what other strategies describe.

It is afterglowed, actually. I unfortunately play on a dead server at a time of day when it's mostly JP players who want people who have +3 everything so I never get group invites. Got my hopes up when I soloed Intense Normal once, but it was all luck unfortunately.

Make a party for Ambu V1VD yourself. Invite a good MNK, RDM for silence, BRD and COR to superbuff the MNK, and a SMN to mew. Shikikoyo the MNK so you're useful. Remember to use a seal for the first run of the day for double gallantry.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-17 14:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't really have much issue other than it being slow. Just use.... Like 3 whms rdm and a dancer trust. Swap to dt meva on cs or run away. Killing adds sucks but it's not a big deal.

Teaming up is obviously optimal too. That's why it's important to have multiple jobs. Unless you play pup... you can throw pup at pretty much anything with success.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2019-08-17 15:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Better off really just doing it as a group. It’s a fairly easy month and honestly as long as have people using mew you’ll be able to clear it. With the proper att buffs/att food/capped haste normally takes me 2 scs to kill.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2019-08-18 04:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »

did you try silent storm for silence? according to wiki it lasts up to 5 minutes.
blu also has feather tickle although i'm not sure if it reduces tp to 0 or just -100 tp, wiki is a bit unclear on that one.
cesspool also has a additional effect of plague but its apparently not tested how potent it is and its water based amorph spell so i not sure if it will land. worth i try?
maybe if you go BLU/BLM and use elemental seal for the silent storm to land silence and in case a cor is in pt another elemental seal to land cesspool could earn BLU a spot in a party this month?
I'm not sure Silent Storm would land even with ES because the frog seems to have a resist silence trait that is pretty strong. I had 2 ES Silences resisted back-to-back from my WHM one time, but they did cause immunobreaks. Also, I think Feather Tickle is just 100 TP, so it's not really worth it.

I did end up trying a few more D fights again and I got the frog to 5% with Savage Blade up as my fourth WS in a 5-step SC and I thought for sure I was going to win that fight when I got SB off. Instead of the normal 25-45k SB, it only did 2-3k and the Light SC did like 5-6k. It hammered me almost immediately after the WS landed.

I was pretty annoyed after that attempt, but I know that it's possible for me to beat D now. Just have to make sure the frog is silenced most of the fight and to use Reaving Wind as much as possible. If the fight is too long, MP could become an issue, since Reaving Wind is 84 MP and I was also using Occultation to lower it's TP gain while it was silenced, but Devotion from my WHM, Battery Charge, and Moogle Trust was enough to keep me from running out of MP.

edit: I just tried D one more time and this time I won. Silence did wear off before I could kill it, but it never used Kaustra or Impact, so Reaving Wind every 15-20 seconds and turning every once in a while was enough to keep it from using Hammer.
By SimonSes 2019-08-18 06:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That weak SB was a miss on main hit. I think all tp reset spells on blu resets 1000 TP. Some just dont have updated description on bg wiki when they changed system from 300 tp max to 3000 tp max, so it still shows 100tp from old system in description.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-08-18 08:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you're wrong and the older spells are kinda bad. We never used them for a reason.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-18 12:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Feather tickle is bird, so it would (should) get a monster correlation bonus when used vs the frog. I think that wiki value may have been before the TP values were increased to 1000/2000/3000.

There's still Light of Penance, which is a gaze attack. I don't know if these spells are affected by BLU skill. Might be worth checking out.
By SimonSes 2019-08-18 14:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Pretty sure you're wrong and the older spells are kinda bad. We never used them for a reason.

Just tested them and they indeed suck.
By tyalangan 2019-08-18 14:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

1000TP or 100TP?
By SimonSes 2019-08-18 14:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
SimonSes said: »

1000TP or 100TP?

Something between 100 and 200TP. Wasnt sure if that because of monster correlation. Let me try one more time and check specific value. Its weak tho.
By SimonSes 2019-08-18 15:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmmm

Feather Tickle on amorph (so -25% correlation)

805 > 582 (223)
1206 > 1070 (136)
1070 > 924 (146)
924 > 816 (108)
816 > 791 (25 resist?)
1320 > 965 (355)
965 > 829 (134)
829 > 757 (72)
757 > 592 (165)

Seems random as ***. Maybe vs aquans with +25% instead of -25% it could be ok.

Light of Penance on amorph (no correlation)

1321 > 1185 (136)
1185 > 1154 (31)
1154 > 1016 (138)
1016 > 988 (28)
988 > 978 (10)
978 > 834 (144)

Also random but seems much worse.

Feather on aquans +25%

933 > 597 (336)
597 > 290 (307)
1360 > 653 (707)
653 > 366 (287)
1605 > 1415 (190)
1415 > 1003 (412)

Those feather Tickle numbers with Monster Correlation advantage look okish. Still too random to be reliable imo.
Light of Penance on Aquans still the same (sucks bad).
By SimonSes 2019-08-18 15:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok one more test with correlation gear (AF+2 head, ambu cape) on and 540 Blue magic skill.

1691 > 944 (747)
944 > 851 (93)
851 > 697 (154)
2135 > 1794 (341)
1794 > 1015 (779)
1015 > 603 (412)

Same gear Reaving Wind

2144 > 732 (1412)
1701 > 289 (1412)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-18 16:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried using Absolute Terror to see if he's immune? I remember using it on Aurix for giggles and was shocked when it landed. Assumed all NMs have a terror resist but they do not.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-18 16:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried using Absolute Terror to see if he's immune? I remember using it on Aurix for giggles and was shocked when it landed. Assumed all NMs have a terror resist but they do not.
Resists.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-18 17:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Straight immunity.
 Odin.Botosi
Server: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2019-08-19 12:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What was your strat for Normal? I've been kinda assed out on this month's ambuscade, but if I could go Blu that'd be amazing.

Or if anyone has any strategies that I could use to solo on either: Blu/Drk/Run/Cor with a Whm mule???

Thanks
 Lakshmi.Cortez
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2019-08-19 13:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Get 2-3 pups + your cor + leach on whm

You can beat VD that way easily.

6th slot you can sell or get another pup or a rdm to land silence. This is one of the easiest ambu months

All your cor has to do is companions and beast roll. You don’t even need regal neck. The batataria ring or whatever that adds +5 phantom roll that comes from AH for 100k is good enough.
 Odin.Botosi
Server: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2019-08-19 14:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Get 2-3 pups + your cor + leach on whm

You can beat VD that way easily.

6th slot you can sell or get another pup or a rdm to land silence. This is one of the easiest ambu months

All your cor has to do is companions and beast roll. You don’t even need regal neck. The batataria ring or whatever that adds +5 phantom roll that comes from AH for 100k is good enough.

Ok sweet idea. Can hopefully find some Pups on asura later tonight ;)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16