2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Final fantasy private server Nasomi
Final fantasy private server Nasomi
First Page 2 3 4
By Masterbuyer 2018-07-25 14:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I decided to move on to private server Nasomi active player of 800+ on the server right now any idea if ffxiah would add an AH on this server?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-07-25 16:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys want rankings?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-25 16:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised there are so many players there. I looked at policies and they don't support multiboxing, so I wasn't interested.

pretty much the main reason I would want to play on private server.
By zaxtiss 2018-07-25 16:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

private servers tend to have some AH commands to search the AH so i doubt they would do anything for them here on ffxiah.com
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-07-25 16:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

my nephew started on that server a few months ago. The owner is very harsh on any form of assistance. In the site rules he says he will stop progress on everything hes doing for the server if he detects an exploit or people hacking until the matter is dealt with. It also says if you get caught cheating he will ban anyone on your IP even if it is a totally different person, you share strikes and bans.

Theres also glitches like WS dmg on HNM mobs are/were broken, its been a month so it might be fixed. They say its better to melee swing nidhogg for 30-50 a hit than use weapon skills, its a known issue to owner.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-25 16:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I'm surprised there are so many players there. I looked at policies and they don't support multiboxing, so I wasn't interested.

pretty much the main reason I would want to play on private server.

What does that even mean? How can they have a policy against multiboxing lol.
By Karthus364 2018-07-25 16:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why people would want to join this server its far from legit.. From being able to solo Dynamis and the people who started on the server before it was populated got a ton of relics easy. Also add on the fat that I heard the person who runs the server pays gil to people to stream and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-07-25 16:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
What does that even mean? How can they have a policy against multiboxing lol.
im not a computer person but if hes able to detect or if hes hands on and sees you mimicking what someone multiboxing would look like (strings of 4+players on autofollow) he would ban you. I recommend looking up the servers ToS its a little authoritarian.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-25 16:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I looked. That shits HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I'd make multiple characters just to piss him off.

There's other/better private servers. *** that guy.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-07-25 16:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

whats wrong with multiboxing on private servers?
By Draylo 2018-07-25 17:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the appeal to a private server? Everything would be a lot more annoying and harder in terms of progression, and you're stuck with boring 75 content that isn't even functional. Only thing I can think of is saving 12 dollars, as if that's a lot.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-07-25 17:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing preventing a player from playing on a normal server as 75 cap. Groups exist, and they are out there.

Don't want exp bonuses? Fine, don't do ROV or use rings.

Don't call trusts, instead party in the dunes with your other ls members.

Three kings? Sure, now you don't have to stand around for 3 hours anymore. Don't spend your login points on pops, instead do ks99 for your pops. There's your lottery on claim that you miss.

Don't want the automatic speed boost we got and rather run slow? Wear dusk pieces. Don't use home point warps, instead take the airship.

All of the other content is still in place, except dynamis which was changed. Your lockout time is still in place without the rov ki.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-25 18:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The jobs and damage formulas themselves have been tweaked numerous times. Having done 75 content as a 75 now, and as a 75 then, it is not even remotely close to the same.

Nasomi still sucks, though.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-07-25 18:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
The jobs and damage formulas themselves have been tweaked numerous times. Having done 75 content as a 75 now, and as a 75 then, it is not even remotely close to the same.

Take a few less people, and perhaps enjoy monk not sucking!
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-07-25 18:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Take a few less people, and perhaps enjoy monk not sucking!
lets go back even further to sam/drg spamming penta thrust with broken tp returns
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-25 18:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that another thread needs to go down this path. Monk was at it's worst at 75. Garbage damage with no subtle blow to even pretend to make up for it.

Fine for Meripo, absolute trash for content (though, I did witness a really damn good monk solo KA at 75)

lolchiblast
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-25 18:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
What is the appeal to a private server? Everything would be a lot more annoying and harder in terms of progression, and you're stuck with boring 75 content that isn't even functional. Only thing I can think of is saving 12 dollars, as if that's a lot.

only reason I would like to play on private server is it would be fun to run a whole party myself. but there is no way I'm going to buy 6 accounts.

I played on a private server a little bit before returning. It made me nostalgic for the game and I resubbed.

I was showing it to my kids, but they weren't really interested. i wasn't about to buy accounts for them when I knew how fickle they can be about a game.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-07-25 21:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You answered your own question.
By geigei 2018-07-26 00:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer being SE's little *** than someone's who can delete my account anytime just because.
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2018-07-26 00:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What is it with private FFXI server admins being ***? There was one i was in awhile back where the owner got mad and shut down the whole thing and we had to refugee to jova.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-07-26 00:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is painful.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
/end
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-26 02:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kotaku has an article that explained why Nasomi has its market, and I think they nailed it about how the community worked in 75, community was the main reason why FFXI is my favorite mmo of all time. If I didnt start from 75 I would have very different pov about this game.

Being free is icing on the cake obviously, since ffxi is still competing with other free products on the market.

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xis-punishing-past-is-kept-alive-on-priva-1820807418

Current retail version players are probably happy with the retail version, myself included. I prefer ffxi 2018 and its variety more than every other era before it. But thats face it, retail version is a very different game from 2005 FFXI. FFXI these days focuses on the mechanics and gear variety, but the "I cant do anything without other people" aspect is kinda thin, and human interactions are often being water down to chatting in /l or /yell unless you are in a static or tight-knit group for progression.

Different niche, different market I guess.

zaxtiss said: »
whats wrong with multiboxing on private servers?

I do not know the reason but based on that article, Im guessing thats because the owner doesn't want players to play with themselves. They are forcing players to group and play with others.
By Justuas 2018-07-26 02:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Heard the guy is giving gil to those who stream the server.
By Jetackuu 2018-07-26 03:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would anyone purposely read kotaku?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-07-26 07:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Not that another thread needs to go down this path. Monk was at it's worst at 75. Garbage damage with no subtle blow to even pretend to make up for it.

Fine for Meripo, absolute trash for content (though, I did witness a really damn good monk solo KA at 75)

lolchiblast

75-days encompasses a lot of time. MNK was almost required for early Salvage strats due to not needing a weapon and still being able to DD. There were times during level 75 where MNK did shine.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-07-26 08:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I do see the appeal of a level 75 server, but my ideal FFXI would be:
1.) Similar to Nasomi where content is capped level 75 OR content is scaled appropriately to 99. (Have 99 job traits, spells, sub jobs, etc, but at max level Kirin, Ultima, Omega, beastkings are all still challenges)
2.) Has all expansions with the possible exception of the mini expasions and Abyssea. New content like Adoulin would need to be scaled to ToAU levels if it's capped at 75, otherwise other content would need to scaled up appropriately.
3.) Above would mean that unlike Nasomi, would also have the jobs: DNC, SCH, RUN, GEO

The key would be that there would be tons of cap level content, one of the things abyssea did was trivialize all the older content. It did make lots of jobs usable though by means of the new levels, spells, and additions. If you remember PUP and BLU in the past, they were almost unusable in any important context (cue people bragging about soloing imps on BLU or puddings on PUP).
By Justuas 2018-07-26 08:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
I do see the appeal of a level 75 server, but my ideal FFXI would be:
1.) Similar to Nasomi where content is capped level 75 OR content is scaled appropriately to 99. (Have 99 job traits, spells, sub jobs, etc, but at max level Kirin, Ultima, Omega, beastkings are all still challenges)
2.) Has all expansions with the possible exception of the mini expasions and Abyssea. New content like Adoulin would need to be scaled to ToAU levels if it's capped at 75, otherwise other content would need to scaled up appropriately.
3.) Above would mean that unlike Nasomi, would also have the jobs: DNC, SCH, RUN, GEO

The key would be that there would be tons of cap level content, one of the things abyssea did was trivialize all the older content. It did make lots of jobs usable though by means of the new levels, spells, and additions. If you remember PUP and BLU in the past, they were almost unusable in any important context (cue people bragging about soloing imps on BLU or puddings on PUP).
So basically you just described what ffxi is today apart from level capping everything. When was the last time you played again?
Level capping old content like missions would only work against the game these days. Everyone and their mother have or should have all that done by now.
SE is slowly but surely already adding more and more level cap content. Please look forward to it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-07-26 08:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The key difference is that all the old content would still have meaning. And the rewards from Adoulin+ scaled content wouldn't be all stats +30 but would be in line with what WotG did with various side grade gears, and the ocassional BiS for a single purpose. People would still do Sky and would Escha Ru'aun, and would do Limbus and Reisenjima, would do Einherjar and High Tier Battlefields. And most of the content would require a group to do. Lots of variety with the amount of content, but also force lots of group play to accomplish your goals.
First Page 2 3 4