Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Final fantasy private server Nasomi
Final fantasy private server Nasomi
By kalimairo 2018-07-28 23:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

they dont get paid to stream i stream everyday sometimes when i play i kno a guy named dakumauler and Dachaosbringer they dont get payed and dakumauler had a beefd with one of the admins from nasomi nasuboto or w/e i gurantee you they don get payed anyway

iam playing again unlocking cor il try to get to 50 today since exp rings event going on. also made 800k when i was off thanks AH :D
its a cool server with some minor game issues like cover being totaly broken

https://www.twitch.tv/rashrash
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-28 23:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
I agree. I do kind of miss group standards too that I learned in HNMLS. Example: the people not using RR earring or hairpin. That was a must back in the day the chance of losing a fight because of it and mp shortage. In a way made the person responsible for getting up or actions. Now it’s just a free for all I Dano it must just be me. I’ve seen some people lose in VD ambuscade or VD merit points fight for a technicality. When it could have been saved but funny how I’m still in that habit lol.

When I came back fon my new character I was amazed on how many ppl dont use food or ja. i see war's never popping warcry og bloodrage trough a 45mins event...

Geo's joining for CP parties that was not able to cast geo-spells

Seems like peopple have lost the teamspirit and team responsibility.
at least mention you can only do half your job before joining.
but peopel are su used to beeign carried by trust now that project that over to other ppl as well.
All of this is very true :(
By Afania 2018-07-28 23:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Darsha said: »

I'd still love to see proof of any streamer on Nasomi being paid to stream it because he actually used to have a very strict anti-streaming policy, but that is no longer the case. Check their gear and you'll see they don't tend to have much gil unless they're older players.

And I don't believe many players currently playing on private servers - especially the 75 capped ones - are willing to pay for content they think ruined the game. This is a common sentiment shared among hundreds of players I have interacted with playing on multiple private servers. So I think that's a bit of a lame excuse to hate on it and the people who play them.

I didt claim paying gil to stream is true, I only said "others said that" and thats not personal attack. Its more like rumor or gossip. Im just pointing out the obvious from complete objective pov.

And I don't believe many players currently playing on private servers - especially the 75 capped ones - are willing to pay for content they think ruined the game. This is a common sentiment shared among hundreds of players I have interacted with playing on multiple private servers. So I think that's a bit of a lame excuse to hate on it and the people who play them.

I also know multiple players that come back to retail ffxi because of "nostalgia". Despite the game is different now, the nostalgia from retail is strong enough to attract them.

There are returning players on reddit that comes back for 75 nostalgia all-the-time, so its definately not just a lame excuse or something. I dont believe the existence of free private servers has 0 impact on retail version community.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-07-29 00:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Play on the retail servers, support the game.
[+]
By kalimairo 2018-07-29 03:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Play on the retail servers, support the game.
my game is on auto payment i log in time to time check ffxiah i have never ever closed payment its always auto even when i dont play.
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Server: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2018-07-29 11:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I get it if you're broke. But I see no other reason to play on a server run by some random guy who could go off his meds and delete all your stuff.

The new content made FFXI such a better game anyway. I prefer 75+ unless I'm leveling in Ronfaure.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-29 12:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Does this private server host ye olde style Ballista matches? 30/40/50/60/uncapped? And is it currently being supported?

I don't believe ANY private server has a fully fledged working official ballista match system otherwise I would be on it. Some have bastardized versions of just flagging up and killing each other, but that's no fun. I miss it too bud, I promise there's still plenty to enjoy though. :)

That's literally the only reason I'd be interested. It would have to be the old days ballista and not this new age of level sync garbage. Nobody plays ballista anymore, not even Asura. I'd kill for just one more 36 v 36 jugner forest ballista match, uncapped....
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-07-29 12:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried Nasomi for a little while but back then you couldn't run both retail and Nasomi on the same machine, so when I finally rebooted my computer after a few weeks, I just uninstalled Nasomi.
And now that you seemingly can, I'm just too active on my main character to have time to play on private servers.

I find Nasomi (or any other private server, I just know of this one at the moment) interesting in that, I can get someone to try the game, roughly. Sure it doesn't behave properly in many ways, but I can easily show the difference with my retail account.
I've gotten a few people interested with the game and as we become adults, a subscription is nothing worth mentioning so it doesn't stop anyone from playing.

So in that sense, Nasomi/other private servers are useful (it's so much faster to DL/install than retail), but other than that, Nasomi just made me want to go back to retail and get stuff there. It will always be my real main, I don't see the point to play on private servers.

As for Ballista, I'd do it only if Laurel Crown/Star Cap were offered.

To each their own though, I don't really mind/care if someone rather play on private servers, whatever the reason is, it's their choice. That's one less person to fight against on Kur.
By Masterbuyer 2018-07-29 13:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The server is pretty active.

Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-29 13:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That feel when the fake server has a higher pop than all but one legit aerver.
By Masterbuyer 2018-07-29 14:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

yeah playing event now :P

Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2018-07-29 16:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

kalimairo said: »
they dont get paid to stream i stream everyday sometimes when i play i kno a guy named dakumauler and Dachaosbringer they dont get payed and dakumauler had a beefd with one of the admins from nasomi nasuboto or w/e i gurantee you they don get payed anyway

iam playing again unlocking cor il try to get to 50 today since exp rings event going on. also made 800k when i was off thanks AH :D
its a cool server with some minor game issues like cover being totaly broken

https://www.twitch.tv/rashrash

VERY INTERESTING conversation going on right now on this twitch stream.....something about edging with women of the night and semen volume?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-07-29 16:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not surprising when there's a lot of children who don't want to pay the subscription fee.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-07-29 16:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would anyone want to multi box on a private server? I don't get it. Isn't the point of having a 75 cap to play like the old days? When you'd actively look for groups to do things with? Instead of playing by yourself? Boggles my mind.

I can understand it on a real server as you then don't need to rely on getting a group and all treasures yours but .. on a private server you're being anti-social and multi boxing goes against the whole point of its existence.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Diavos
Server: Asura
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2018-07-29 17:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Why would anyone want to multi box on a private server? I don't get it. Isn't the point of having a 75 cap to play like the old days? When you'd actively look for groups to do things with? Instead of playing by yourself? Boggles my mind.

If you were to limit everyone to one account I imagine many of the multiboxers around today would completely lose interest. FFXI essentially reflects the changing habits of the gaming market at large over the last 15 years: accessibility, instant gratification, loot boxes, et al.

I'm glad PUBG and Fortnite have popularized 100 player multiplayer modes. Hopefully it'll eventually lead to renewed interest in MMOs where "massive" goes back to meaning thousands as opposed to dozens again.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-07-29 20:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Not surprising when there's a lot of children who don't want to pay the subscription fee.

Or maybe we just don't feel like playing on a server whose players are primarily playing 99 ilvl content, and yearn for the old 75 content w/ a large player base. "They don't want to pay to play a server that goes against their ideals, and I disagree with them? They must be children" - you when the average age of players on ANY server playing this game still is probably more realistically 25-30 lol. I feel like I've argued with you on a Facebook post recently.
Add 5 years and you got those numbers closer from the truth.
EU and JP playerbase were older than NA, also, which raises the average probably even higher.

The 13$ argument is valid as historically people have been crying about the sub price. I remember people advising to not drink coffee for a couple days to afford it.
Back then I was a teenager so I was like "eh, some people have it tougher than others" but now that I went through those adult phases, if you can't afford 13$ per month for a sub, you seriously *** up at some point in your life and I can't say I've ever met anyone who *** up this badly.

Asura.Diavos said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

If you were to limit everyone to one account I imagine many of the multiboxers around today would completely lose interest. FFXI essentially reflects the changing habits of the gaming market at large over the last 15 years: accessibility, instant gratification, loot boxes, et al.

I'm glad PUBG and Fortnite have popularized 100 player multiplayer modes. Hopefully it'll eventually lead to renewed interest in MMOs where "massive" goes back to meaning thousands as opposed to dozens again.

I've honestly been thinking this may eventually happen to lately. Thinking once people lose interest in these games and a new generation of gamers start to play and a combination of those plus Blizzard making their legacy WoW servers, maybe there's a chance game developers will return to their roots.

In this day and age it only takes one game to be wildly successful and effect the entire market for years to come.
It won't happen.

You guys focus on the useless stat: 100 players at once. Nobody cares, it's just a number to impress. Battle Royale is a classroom, but that's a standard CS server, nobody would be impressed by that and the games would be too short anyway.

The real thing to understand, which is the same thing that MOBAs offer, is the "quick and easy game modes where I can choose an avatar/character and play endlessly while bragging about being the best through several stats". Skins, lots of skins, because I have to show off more than you ever will, I have to show those $$$, I have to look cool, like that streamer. That's what these games offer.

They give 0 *** about the story/lore, they don't care about depth of gameplay, it's pure instant pleasure. It doesn't go beyond 30minutes and they don't even focus the whole duration. They need to be able to leave the game at any time when their parents call them to eat and what not, they can't afford commitment..
Plus, it's much harder to stream a MMO. All in all, I have no clue how you'd reach this conclusion as it makes no sense.

The newer generation doesn't care one bit about MMOs. A small portion is curious about them, that's it. Why do you think MMOs are dying outside of countries that have an actual MMO culture?

As for devs, with how things are going nobody wants to make a game like FFXI again. We'll just get clones of FFXIV or *insert your favourite Korean MMO that will be niche as *** and die a silent death at some point* (Blade and Soul).
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-29 21:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
The 13$ argument is valid as historically people have been crying about the sub price. I remember people advising to not drink coffee for a couple days to afford it.

Its less about being able to afford, more about whether its worth it or not.

If you like the game, then $13 is dirt cheap.

If you dont like the game THAT MUCH, even $1 isn't worth it.

There are tons of F2P mmo or Mobile games, most of the time I just play it for a few hrs to kill time/experience it, get bored, quit. Look for next game, repeat. If a random game cost $13 for a couple hours of recreational entertainment I wouldnt think its worth it, would just look else where for another free game.

There are tons of games on Steam that cost $5 or something, that I kinda want to play them, but just dont feel like paying $5 for a video game that Ill probably get bored after a couple of hrs anyways.

I paid close to $20 for FFXI per month and occassionally much more than that. The only reason is probably because Im addicted and play ffxi a bit differently from other games. So the money is well worth it. For anyone else thats not as addicted as I do, I can totally see why $13 cost too much. There are just too many games out there that let you play as an emo swordsman/swordswoman, dress up and kill evil monsters.
[+]
By Draylo 2018-07-29 21:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there are actual people who like the game but don't play because they think 12 dollars is too much. I've always said the same, you really have some RL problems if you can't afford 12 dollars, mainly with budgeting lol.
By Afania 2018-07-29 21:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Well there are actual people who like the game but don't play because they think 12 dollars is too much. I've always said the same, you really have some RL problems if you can't afford 12 dollars, mainly with budgeting lol.

I like iphone and hagen daz, but I think they cost too much because other brands are cheaper. Never gonna buy them, not worth it.

FFXI is the same deal. If every other mmo cost $13 then monthly fee wouldn't seem so bad. But we are spoiled with F2P and even ff14 has lower sub fee. And mmo isnt necessity, we can like the game but we can totally live without it too.

Addicts are exception.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-07-29 21:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Or maybe we just don't feel like playing on a server whose players are primarily playing 99 ilvl content, and yearn for the old 75 content w/ a large player base. "They don't want to pay to play a server that goes against their ideals, and I disagree with them? They must be children" - you when the average age of players on ANY server playing this game still is probably more realistically 25-30 lol. I feel like I've argued with you on a Facebook post recently.

Thanks for strawmanning, yes people who *** about $13 a month are children, I don't care how old they are.
[+]
By Masterbuyer 2018-07-30 13:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

anyways any idea, if there will be auction house website online for this private server, would be nice tho.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-30 14:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Masterbuyer said: »
anyways any idea, if there will be auction house website online for this private server, would be nice tho.
Never going to happen.
Facts
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-07-30 14:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just raise the suggestion to the guy who owns the private server... why are you asking a site that supports the retail version?
[+]